LEONARD
05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Kleenex??

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
:lmao

CubanMustGo
05-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Do we really need another thread on this?

ginobme
got refs?

DarrinS
Kleenex??

You don't get the name Dick "the fix" Bavetta for nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Bavetta

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Sincerely,

Stevie Wonder
so was the charge on dirk.

nkdlunch
Up until yesterday I didn't like Spur fans complaining about refs. But after yesterday's debacle, fuck it. Complain all you want Spur fans you have the right!

Shank
What last foul? You mean the one he DIDN'T take when the seconds were ticking down in OT? You know - where he just followed guys around and didn't think to use his last foul to at least give his team a chance?

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 10:11 AM
:pctoss I never thought I'd say this, but the influx of annoying Mavs fans has made me NOT want to visit the forum as much :depressed

CubanMustGo
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM
:pctoss I never thought I'd say this, but the influx of annoying Mavs fans has made me NOT want to visit the forum as much :depressed

Use the ignore function. It helps.

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:15 AM

At this point, we are the voice of reason.

Trainwreck2100
What last foul? You mean the one he DIDN'T take when the seconds were ticking down in OT? You know - where he just followed guys around and didn't think to use his last foul to at least give his team a chance?

Actually since he DIDN'T take it there was no foul there.

Horry For 3!
I think Mav fans have the dumbest basketball IQ or they are at least up there with Laker fans.

HavefunFishing
05-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Hahahaha 2 nights ago you were all crying to get Bavetta to ref the game. You got what you wanted and you're still crying. OWNED.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Hahahaha 2 nights ago you were all crying to get Bavetta to ref the game. You got what you wanted and you're still crying. OWNED.
troll. nobody asked for baveta, but don't get too happy because the spurs are still gonna spank that ass.

SA210
05-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Up until yesterday I didn't like Spur fans complaining about refs. But after yesterday's debacle, fuck it. Complain all you want Spur fans you have the right!Our entire season and possible Championship in complete jeapordy after this bullshit.

It is not in any way, shape, or form forgettable or forgivable. EVER.

Screw Stern!!

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:46 AM

I didn't se anyone crying for Bavetta to ref the game, I saw one thread, and the posters didn't say anything about wanting him, just that it would be him.

efrem1
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Bowen, I feel for you.

Sincerely,

Nate Wright

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1975-76

spur219
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Come on Mavs Fans. You guys won I will give you that. But that foul on Bowen was bullshit and you know it. Did you not see Dirk obviously use his forearm to push Bowen and the foul was on Bowen.

Oh and how great was it when TD was 2 ft in front of the arc and drew the clear charge and it was a blocking foul. The best part was when the ref pointed at the line as if he was stepping on it.

Mavs won. But admit that these calls were bull.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Come on Mavs Fans. You guys won I will give you that. But that foul on Bowen was bullshit and you know it. Did you not see Dirk obviously use his forearm to push Bowen and the foul was on Bowen.

Oh and how great was it when TD was 2 ft in front of the arc and drew the clear charge and it was a blocking foul. The best part was when the ref pointed at the line as if he was stepping on it.

Mavs won. But admit that these calls were bull.

Bowen was slapping at Dirk every time he took a step and eventually he got the inside of Dirks arm and made him lose control of the ball. All I have heard from whiny Spurs fans is "omg let the players play" but last I remembered, slapping someone across the arm and making them lose control of the ball is ILLEGAL. What if Dirk can't control the ball and the Spurs get it and have the easy breakaway to go up by 4 just because Bowen got away with another foul? Then would it be "good officiating"? You want to blame the loss on something, blame it on Ginobli for fouling out on a stupid play, Barry and Finley for turning the ball over on that inbounds play, Duncan for missing the easy game winner, or the entire Spurs team for choking in the overtime period. Or you guys can keep being idiots and just take the easy route, blaming the refs.

By the way, who knows what the ref meant when he pointed at the ground? How many times have you seen a ref run over and dramatically point at the ground? I know I have rarely seen it. The question was not where Duncan was it was whether or not he was set.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
By the way, who knows what the ref meant when he pointed at the ground? How many times have you seen a ref run over and dramatically point at the ground? I know I have rarely seen it. The question was not where Duncan was it was whether or not he was set.

Every time I've seen an official point to the ground in a block/charge situation, it's a signal that the defensive player was inside the restricted area. I can't recall ever seeing that signal to indicate that a player was not set. Besides, Duncan was rather clearly in position and set when Dirk made contact.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Every time I've seen an official point to the ground in a block/charge situation, it's a signal that the defensive player was inside the restricted area. I can't recall ever seeing that signal to indicate that a player was not set. Besides, Duncan was rather clearly in position and set when Dirk made contact.
the symbol for not being set is to thrust your hips forward while giving the blocking symbol. that bs call dramatically changed the game.

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
That foul on Bowen is a regular season call, not post season.

However, I think the worst call of the game was the one on Duncan. Everyone and their dog knows that was a charging foul, and I think that took away our momentum. But, like others have said, we did not execute down the stretch, we couldn't get stops, and if we had (Again) made all our free throws, we would have won by one point.

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Bowen was slapping at Dirk every time he took a step and eventually he got the inside of Dirks arm and made him lose control of the ball. All I have heard from whiny Spurs fans is "omg let the players play" but last I remembered, slapping someone across the arm and making them lose control of the ball is ILLEGAL. What if Dirk can't control the ball and the Spurs get it and have the easy breakaway to go up by 4 just because Bowen got away with another foul? Then would it be "good officiating"? You want to blame the loss on something, blame it on Ginobli for fouling out on a stupid play, Barry and Finley for turning the ball over on that inbounds play, Duncan for missing the easy game winner, or the entire Spurs team for choking in the overtime period. Or you guys can keep being idiots and just take the easy route, blaming the refs.

I've watched the last two games with a Mavs fan (who is a friend of mine). Even he admitted that those calls were bogus.

Next, I guess you're going to try and convince us that Dirk stepping on Duncan's foot is a legit foul. :drunk

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 11:30 AM
That foul on Bowen is a regular season call, not post season.

However, I think the worst call of the game was the one on Duncan. Everyone and their dog knows that was a charging foul, and I think that took away our momentum. But, like others have said, we did not execute down the stretch, we couldn't get stops, and if we had (Again) made all our free throws, we would have won by one point.

Regular season call? So slapping a players arm to make him lose the ball is legal in the postseason? Shit I need to try and find a way to tell the Mavs that, game 5 can be a slapfest! I'm psyched!