PDA

View Full Version : Fear the 'Sho

strangeweather
05-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I've been defending the lineups Pop has been sending in for this series, because I thought they were our best chance to match up effectively. That they were smart. Tactical.

Well, fuck it. They haven't been good enough. I'm not saying they were the wrong idea to try, but it's pretty clear that they didn't work.

It's time to go back to Spurs Basketball. I want to see a lineup of Tony, Finley, Bowen, Duncan, and Rasho, and bring Manu, Brent, and Horry off the bench.

I want to see Rasho banging around with their center, Bowen on Dirk, and Duncan sagging off Howard to help in the lane. If Howard can beat us with outside jumpers, so be it.

I want to see physical basketball. I want to see people on the ground when they try to get to the basket. I want to see rebounds. I want to see blocks.

I don't know that this is a winning lineup. Winning 3 straight against a very good team is hard. But I do know that, win or lose, I want to see Spurs Basketball out there on Wednesday.

If we go down, I want to go down fighting. But if we fight and play our game, we may still find we can surprise the Mavs.

pache100
05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I've been defending the lineups Pop has been sending in for this series, because I thought they were our best chance to match up effectively. That they were smart. Tactical.

Well, fuck it. They haven't been good enough. I'm not saying they were the wrong idea to try, but it's pretty clear that they didn't work.

It's time to go back to Spurs Basketball. I want to see a lineup of Tony, Finley, Bowen, Duncan, and Rasho, and bring Manu, Brent, and Horry off the bench.

I want to see Rasho banging around with their center, Bowen on Dirk, and Duncan sagging off Howard to help in the lane. If Howard can beat us with outside jumpers, so be it.

I want to see physical basketball. I want to see people on the ground when they try to get to the basket. I want to see rebounds. I want to see blocks.

I don't know that this is a winning lineup. Winning 3 straight against a very good team is hard. But I do know that, win or lose, I want to see Spurs Basketball out there on Wednesday.

If we go down, I want to go down fighting. But if we fight and play our game, we may still find we can surprise the Mavs.

(OMG, I can't believe I'm going to say this!)

FREE RASHO!