PDA

View Full Version : Relationship question

Bishop's Wife
05-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Ladies, if your husband was getting a little chubby and lethargic, what whould you suggest. Any secrets to getting male asses off the sofa. I have a girlfriend that wanted me to ask for her :oops

midgetonadonkey
05-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Cut him off until he loses weight.

Vashner
05-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Damn you went right for the Juggular...

easjer
05-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Honestly? Suggest that BOTH of you get healthy. Start preparing more meals at home (maybe together time? new hobby) and make those meals healthier. Cut down on the carbs, watch portion sizes. Make enough to be eaten for lunch the following day (saves money too). Start new physical activities. Family walk, maybe? Agree to exercise TOGETHER, and push each other to do it. Be sure to compliment the partner on good things now, and find positives. No one is motivated by nagging or by being told they are fat and lazy and unattractive. But everyone can be healthier - and it can be great quality time for the couple instead of a chore to do, or something that eats away couple time.

When my husband told me I should exercise more because of my recent weight gain and his (legitimate) concern for my health and well being, I burst into tears. Because he was trying to tell me he was concerned for me, and all I heard was that I was fat, unattractive, and therefore, probably unlovable.

When we joined a gym together and make an effort to exercise together and made a joint resolution to eat better (heart disease is a killer in his family, after all, and it's the top killer of women, too), then I was happy to do it. It was a positive thing for both of us that we could do together, instead of a critical thing aimed at me, highlighting my failings.

ObiwanGinobili
05-16-2006, 12:53 PM
i agree with easjer -

I've had 2 kids in 2 years and am still carrying 15 pounds I don't want (hubby thinks I only need to lose 10 - but thats why I love him).
Well I'm not the only one around here to put on a little flub.... Emo's got some "sympathy" weight around the middle.

I suggested he come down to the gym with me. To "help" me (:angel). Also I cook almost everything at home now - including packing his lunches "to save $$" (:angel).

Emo doesn't drink - so thats not an issue - but you'd be surprised how many calories are in even the light beer - and that adds up after 5 or 6 beers.

Now that we are eating healthier and have made it a habit to workout together - Emo loves it. All the fresh produce and spicy fish or lean meats... he constantly mentions how he hopes I keep shoping and cooking the way I do and that we don;t go back to eating that "crap".

Definaly have to saty away form any conversations or sentances that usethe word "you"... as in "you've gained some weight", "you should work out." Etc Etc Etc.

HTH.

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Well I'm not the only one around here to put on a little flub.... Emo's got some "sympathy" weight around the middle.

:lol @ Sympathy weight.

Weight is a very sensitive issue for everyone. Proceed with caution.

sa_butta
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
He's not getting enough sex, get in the bedroom and burn some calories.

Bishop's Wife
05-16-2006, 01:05 PM
He's not getting enough sex, get in the bedroom and burn some calories.
Not a issue in our home.

I workout daily and really I was just trying to get a rise out of him. I'd say he really only gained about 20lbs since we've meet. I like him a little chubby.

gameFACE
05-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Ladies, if your husband was getting a little chubby and lethargic, what whould you suggest. Any secrets to getting male asses off the sofa. I have a girlfriend that wanted me to ask for her :oops
Your girlfriend is married.........................?

sa_butta
05-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Your girlfriend is married.........................?good point, dump him for the girlfriend.

gameFACE
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
:lol

tlongII
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Tell him he's fat and he better start working out or you are out of there!

Bishop's Wife
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Tell him he's fat and he better start working out or you are out of there!I would never leave him, my life be boring without him and I don't have many girlfriends but I'm sure he wouldn't mind me picking up a new friend or two. :lol

Gatita
05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Not a issue in our home.

I workout daily and really I was just trying to get a rise out of him. I'd say he really only gained about 20lbs since we've meet. I like him a little chubby.

Really.... :sombrero:

Bishop's Wife
05-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Really.... :sombrero:
Doesn't take much. :oops

Vashner
05-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Go bobbit on him...

ShoogarBear
05-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Beer is a notorious source of weight gain for men.

Oh, wait, that shouldn't be a problem in this case.