PDA

View Full Version : Tapping the Brakes

sdasd
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Spurs Nation-
I'm reading a lot of posts stating that our beloved Spurs are okay because games 5 and 7 can be taken for granted as home victories.

This is the sort of talk that is threatening to turn us into the laughing stock of the NBA. Does anybody recall losing by 20+ points to this team at home last week?

Being a fan does not require a person to abondon the realm of rational thought. Nothing is going to be easy moving forward in the series...

CubanMustGo
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
We're all dying to read more of your newbie wisdom, Mavs fan. Tell us more.

austinfan
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Ah, how lovely. A concern troll.

Yet another Mavs fan to put on Ignore.

sdasd
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
It is funny that on this website, objectivity is viewed with outright hostility

implacable44
05-16-2006, 11:01 AM
you are the voice of reason that says the spurs are the laughing stock ? have you forgotten about pete babcock and the raptors or the nets ? perhaps the clippers history has slipped your mind ? the vancouver / memphis debacle ? the hawks owner confusion that occurred earlier ? the new orleans boys ?

sdasd
05-16-2006, 11:04 AM
I said "threatening to become"...I have heard a lot of national media charachterize us as a bunch of crying, whining bitches. I'm sick of this reputation.

bobodenkirk
05-16-2006, 11:21 AM
The Spurs are not the laughing stock of the NBA, not by a longshot. Their fans are. Now, I've lurked on this board since last post-season, and while it was totally predictable that I finally register today it's only because I had to. Damn the admins for tucking their tails between their legs and requiring registration just to read the board. So yeah, lump me in with all of your other trolls if that makes you feel better, put me on ignore. This will be my one and only post so don't bother.

I don't know if the Spurs are going to come back and take this series, they're certainly one of the few teams in the league that even have a shot at pulling something like that off. Nothing wrong in having faith in your team though. Anyways, I just wanted to stop in and post, since I sort of had to. Good luck with the rest of the series and if you lose....just shut your collective hole and wait for next year.