PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the Mavs, good luck against Detroit. You're going to need it.

Don Quixote
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I understand that while this post may seem a bit premature, Game 5 is all but a formality. The Mavs will take care of business tomorrow night.

I've been saying this for weeks--when we get to Dallas in the playoffs, our lack of athleticism, shotmaking, and individual defenders will be exposed. Honestly, is anybody surprised? The Spurs play with as much heart as anyone, but it comes down to ability and making shots, and those are things that Dallas does far better.

Who on the Spurs, other than Tim, could start for the Mavs?
Tony v. Jason Terry: Terry wins. Unlike Tony, he can make a jumper with someone in his face.
Manu v. Howard: Howard is more consistent and defends better. And Manu is no longer a clutch player.
Bowen v. Nowitzki: Please.
Diop v. Rasho/Oberto/Nazr's mitts: At least Diop can block a shot and rebound.
Our bench v. theirs: We have a couple of guys who can play well in spots, but just about anyone on the Mavs bench (Daniels, Crackhouse, Harris) would not only be in our rotation, but they'd be starting for us.

So again, I'm not surprised.

On the bright side, I am encouraged by Tim's play lately. Perhaps allegations about his demise have been exaggerated. But we seriously need to do something about the rest of the team. Van Exel, Horry, and Barry need to go. Love em, they play with alot of heart, but we need to get younger for next year. I'd like to see them look into getting JR Smith again.

So to the Mavs fans/trolls, gloat while you can, because when you meet up with Detroit in the Finals, it's going to be a different story.

strangeweather
05-16-2006, 11:35 AM
I understand that while this post may seem a bit premature, Game 5 is all but a formality. The Mavs will take care of business tomorrow night.

I've been saying this for weeks--when we get to Dallas in the playoffs, our lack of athleticism, shotmaking, and individual defenders will be exposed.

Well, at least you're giving up without a fight.

menono
05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Hold'on there partner! LeBron and Co. are not done fightin'
I can't wait to hear sheed's next guarantee.
I don't know!

Tigole Bitties
05-16-2006, 11:56 AM

A realist or a disgrace to all Spurs fans?

mcornelio
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I Know!!! A Flaming Fuckturd!!! We Will Not Lose Bitch!!! Dont You Get It You Whimpering Piece Of Shit..... We're Being Tested!! But We Will Survive!!

WayDowntownBang
05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
At least Pistons websites aren't the only place that this is happening.

texlawman
05-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Right we only clocked Detroit by 37 this season and they managed to seek out a win against us when we had Harris, Howard, and Griffin on the shelf in their building. I think your team is better than Detroit IMO :smokin .

nkdlunch
05-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Tpark changed screen names?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-16-2006, 01:18 PM
At least Pistons websites aren't the only place that this is happening.

They have those?

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Tpark changed screen names?

:lol

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Check yourself in: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41180&highlight=official+quitters+thread