PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mavs. Why boo Finley?

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 12:04 PM
What's with all the hate in Dallas for Michael Finley?

Didn't THEY cut HIM?

After all the undeserved booing (for whatever reason), it was nice to see Finley have a MONSTER dunk over Novitzski.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Don't know...I don't see any reason for it...

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I was glad to hear Pop call out the foolish fans in Dallas who do that crap. I'm sure he's being ripped for it, but Pop did right by Mike Finley.

Finley deserves much, much better than he's gotten from those fans.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Guys it is the play offs. You are supposed to really boo the opposition.

I am so sick of the fans here cheering for Avery.

Here he is planning our play off demise and yet every game the crowd welcomes him in the building??!?!?!
:wtf

As for our Finley... I am so glad he gave Dallas something to boo about. It was what he should have done. :)

johnut32
05-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I didn't boo him but it's the playoffs so I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Pop certainly shouldn't be concerning himself with it.

pache100
05-16-2006, 12:12 PM

Didn't THEY cut HIM?

After all the undeserved booing (for whatever reason), it was nice to see Finley have a MONSTER dunk over Novitzski.

I wondered that, too. SUCH a lack of class. I recall being at the game when Devin Brown got his ring. The Spurs fans not only cheered Devin when he was presented his ring, the house just about came down when he scored his first couple of baskets...FOR UTAH! And he was cheered every time he came into the game after that, too.

Malik Rose was also cheered when he came back to the AT&T Center for the first time after he left.

You know, Charlie Parker made a pretty astute observation on the radio a couple of days ago (I don't listen to him, but someone who does was telling me about it). He said that Dallas is such a great city, so pretty, fine architecture, attractive streets and parks, etc. It's the people that suck; they're rude and classless. And, poor Houston...it's such an armpit of a city and no one wants to go there, but the people are wonderful. If you could take the people out of Houston and put them in Dallas, you'd have the perfect city. He was right on the money, IMO.

mabber
05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I was glad to hear Pop call out the foolish fans in Dallas who do that crap. I'm sure he's being ripped for it, but Pop did right by Mike Finley.

Finley deserves much, much better than he's gotten from those fans.

I certainly didn't boo him Saturday night at the game.

Also, Pop nor anyone from Spurs team is getting ripped for anything for the most part in Dallas media. Duncan is getting laughed at a little for crying after every foul but at the same time he's getting praised for his awesome play. By the way, I thought the Spurs carried themselves much more like the Spurs of the past last night. They weren't whining that much at all when they got bad calls. This is a big issue in Dallas since the Mavs used to be the biggest crybabies in the league. Avery shut all that down.

RON ARTEST
05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I didn't boo him but it's the playoffs so I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Pop certainly shouldn't be concerning himself with it.
yeah right now pop needs to be worried about trying to come back in the series and how hes gonna match up with the mavs. i dont think there is anything else he can do though.

pache100
05-16-2006, 12:15 PM
yeah right now pop needs to be worried about trying to come back in the series and how hes gonna match up with the mavs. i dont think there is anything else he can do though.

Did you miss the boat today, Ronnie? Or are ya seasick already?

gingko
05-16-2006, 12:18 PM
It is dumb to boo, and unfortunetly the boos are easier to hear. Finley had a lot of good years as a Mav.

He did get big cheers the first two games he came back. I think the thought is to treat like any player on another team now, but it has been taken to far. It was not his decision to be cut. I am sure some are upset that of all the teams to choose to play for, he chose the "rivals". Not that Fin should be too pissed, he is getting paid 18mil by the Mavs this year and next and the next.

pache100
05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
It is dumb to boo, and unfortunetly the boos are easier to hear. Finley had a lot of good years as a Mav.

He did get big cheers the first two games he came back. I think the thought is to treat like any player on another team now, but it has been taken to far. It was not his decision to be cut. I am sure some are upset that of all the teams to choose to play for, he chose the "rivals". Not that Fin should be too pissed, he is getting paid 18mil by the Mavs this year and next and the next.

That was a very classy thing for you to say.

BTW, I haven't said it in a few days...Thanks Marky!

clambake
05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
The answer to this question is simple. Fin nearly kills us with 3's and slamdunks. Nash goes apeshit in Phoenix. It soothes our self hate syndrom to boo. We got nothing for either of them when they left. Booing distracts our misery of those 2 simple facts.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Spurs fans need to learn from this and boo the shit out of Avery tomorrow night.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 12:34 PM

Didn't THEY cut HIM?

Over Nowitzki? Dirk let him by, Dirk was 5 feet form the basket when Finley slammed it. Maybe a healthy Dirk would have kept up with Finley and defended it but Dirk was on one ankle and let him run right by him.

Lets bump this topic Wednesday night when Spurs fans boo AJ when he's introduced.

pking
05-16-2006, 12:37 PM
I went to the game last night and the booing really pissed me off. I think it's bogus -- I don't understand it. I do understand it's the playoffs, you boo the opposition, but they're obviously giving Fin more than the rest of the Spurs. I think it's sad. I still love Fin. He's declining, but he was our guy for the longest. It's unfortunate that people are booing him.

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Over Nowitzki? Dirk let him by, Dirk was 5 feet form the basket when Finley slammed it. Maybe a healthy Dirk would have kept up with Finley and defended it but Dirk was on one ankle and let him run right by him.

Lets bump this topic Wednesday night when Spurs fans boo AJ when he's introduced.

Dirk's gay.

Look.

http://drunkathletes.synergyofsports.com/images/11270-16549/dirkncheeksnnash.jpg

uwe blab 2
05-16-2006, 12:57 PM
The reason Finley is booed:
1. He is playing for the Spurs, who are currently playing the Mavs in the playoffs.
2. Pre-season he made quotes that made it seem like he was a world champ with the rest of the Spurs team.
3. He would not take a reduced role for the Mavs that he is now taking with the Spurs. Therefore one of the main reasons for releasing him.
4. Many believe that Fin signed with the Spurs because it was his best way of getting back at the Mavs. Playing for the Spurs who in the past have been a spur in the Mavs side.
5. Why not boo- He is no longer a Mav- He is a Spur.

I appreciate what Fin did for the Mavs. He helped bring us out of the cellar dwelling of the 90's. He is no longer a Maverick and now he is our opponent, trying to beat us. After his career is over, then we can celebrate and more appreciate what Fin did for the Mavs. I boo for him just like I boo for Nash, Bell, Kidd, anyone who Dallas plays.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Looks drunk of his ass to me. Was Barry drunk off his ass in the 4th quarter last night? Is that why he overthrew Finley on that pass? Did Parker get drunk of his ass in OT, is that why he missed two clutch FT's?

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
1. He is playing for the Spurs, who are currently playing the Mavs in the playoffs.
2. Pre-season he made quotes that made it seem like he was a world champ with the rest of the Spurs team.
3. He would not take a reduced role for the Mavs that he is now taking with the Spurs. Therefore one of the main reasons for releasing him.
4. Many believe that Fin signed with the Spurs because it was his best way of getting back at the Mavs. Playing for the Spurs who in the past have been a spur in the Mavs side.

I appreciate what Fin did for the Mavs. He helped bring us out of the cellar dwelling of the 90's. He is no longer a Maverick and now he is our opponent, trying to beat us. After his career is over, then we can celebrate and more appreciate what Fin did for the Mavs. I boo for him just like I boo for Nash, Bell, Kidd, anyone who Dallas plays.

Nice simple logic there, I don't know if it will matter to these kids though.

RON ARTEST
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Did you miss the boat today, Ronnie? Or are ya seasick already?
no im going fishing tomorrow. right now im just enjoying the spurs so called dynasty falling apart. isnt it great?

adrienne
05-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't boo had I been there, and I think it's stupid, but it's being done in a seriously hateful way. He was a Mav, now he is the ultimate rival. It's not because he did anything wrong, it's just because he is not a Dallas Maverick anymore...we're not going to cheer for the opposition.

adrienne
05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
By the way, Dirk's gay? Excellent choice picking a photo with a girl hanging all over him.

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
By the way, Dirk's gay? Excellent choice picking a photo with a girl hanging all over him.

Fine, he's bi.

haha jk, he's not :lol

T Park
05-16-2006, 01:31 PM
That looks like a guy's arm with the watch there adrienne.

BTW, the Finley thing.

That would be akin, to David Robinson signing with the Knicks and Spurs fans booing him when he got back.

Typical classlessness that Mavs fans continue to show.

fyatuk
05-16-2006, 01:35 PM

Yes, he's got a girl grabbing at him... And he's paying attention to the guy in front of him instead...

Meh, still weak use of photo. To me the photo shows he's a goofball, not gay.

adrienne
05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
That would be a pretty feminine man.

mavsfan1000
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Finley was booed because he is on the spurs now. Of all teams he goes to our biggest rivalry. That is why he was booed.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 01:41 PM
That looks like a guy's arm with the watch there adrienne.

BTW, the Finley thing.

That would be akin, to David Robinson signing with the Knicks and Spurs fans booing him when he got back.

Typical classlessness that Mavs fans continue to show.

Give me a break!
This is the play offs, not little leauge.

And it isn't as if Avery is going to try not to beat us for " old times sake."

A.J. was a great Spur and I appreciate everything he did for us in the past.
But now he is helping one of our biggest rivals and deserves to be booed royaly for that.

I say that because the same is true about Finley and Dallas.

As for Avery, the fans had better let him hear it on Wednesday. I know I will.

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Finley was booed because he is on the spurs now. Of all teams he goes to our biggest rivalry. That is why he was booed.

Do the Mavs really consider the Spurs their biggest rivalry? I would have thought it was the Kings.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Do the Mavs really consider the Spurs their biggest rivalry? I would have thought it was the Kings.

Maybe if this was 2003.

mabber
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM

Kings used to be a rivalry when we were playing each other every year in the playoffs but not anymore. I think the Spurs are about as close to a rivalry that the Mavs have now. But it's mostly a "to be the best you have to beat the best" thing and the Mavs know the Spurs have been the best in the west ever since Shaq went to Miami.

Islymore
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
why would the Spurs not be the biggest rivalry to the Mavs in playoff contention right now?? why worry about the Kings who the Spurs ousted... why would Finley not be booed? i cheered for Finley thruout the game and i booed sometimes, but that is expected...

if duncan left the Spurs... he would get praise thru the regular season... but if he was traded to the Mavs and we faced the Spurs in the playoffs... nobody on this forum can say they would not boo. you would boo that he misses a shot, you would boo when he gets a favorable call... thats what you do as a fan.

finley could have went where ever he wanted - he chose the Spurs bc he wanted a ring... not because they were the team he wanted to play for, but bc he wanted a NBA championship ring - he gladly left the Mavs just like they gladly didnt want to pay him for poor performance.

as fans - you boo, you cheer, you clap, you scream.... it should all be expected when soo much is on the line...

adrienne
05-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, the Spurs are the Mavs biggest rival, whether or not the Mavs are the SPURS biggest rival. They are the team holding them back from coming out of the west.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Did Parker get drunk of his ass in OT, is that why he missed two clutch FT's?

http://nelsok.com/images/69392648.gif

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM

1. That is not a reason to boo. You could just keep your frickin' mouths
shut rather than boo a guy who contributed as much to your team as Finley did (damn, I used to hate to see him throw that 3 up against us!). Booing someone who formerly played and contributed big time to your team is classless.

2. I'd like to see those quotes. I never saw anything but humility in anything Finley said about joining the Spurs. He said the people here appreciate him; you can't blame him for thinking the people of Dallas didn't after the way he was treated - he was still stinging, you can't blame him for that. But, I never heard him say anything negative about Dallas, the Mavericks, or even Cuban. He could have gone any one of several places (for more money). He chose the Spurs. Get over it.

3. You're just shooting in the dark now. How do you know what kind of role Finley would have accepted with the Mavericks? He never got the chance. That was not a reason for releasing him; the sole reason for releasing him was financial (lux tax relief). I've never seen him display anything but humility (which kind of surprised me, actually, from Michael) about his role with the Spurs.

4. They can believe what they want about why Finley signed with the Spurs. He signed here because he thought it was the best chance he had of getting a ring. If it were about money or playing time, he'd have gone somewhere else.

5. Go ahead, boo. Who the hell cares? It shows exactly what Mavs fans who would do that are made of. And, I'm sure Michael is glad he's no longer playing there.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-16-2006, 02:45 PM
As a fan, you can boo whomever you like. Saying it lacks class, IMO, is retarded....

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Mavs fans are such pricks.

Finley has been so badass for them, how long has he been there??? 9 years???

that is fucking pathetic, that's like Sixers fans booing Allen Iverson if he were to get traded and come back.

It felt so good when Finley hit that three in front of all of those fucking piece of shit Dallas fans. But the refs had to ruin it all.

A big :flipoff to everything associated with Dallas.

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
As a fan, you can boo whomever you like. Saying it lacks class, IMO, is retarded....

That is your opinion. IMO, it lacks class. I don't think fans should boo anyone.

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Dallas fans are some of the worst in the league. This proves my point.

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM

:tu

There are some good ones, though, Jim. Even right here there are a few good ones.

adrienne
05-16-2006, 02:49 PM

You think you know a person...

gingko
05-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Way to keep it classy Alvarez and to paint with those nice, big brush strokes.

Not sure if anyone heard Dirk's quote today about the booing, he mentioned that he was just kidding when he called for the boos before and went on to mention how much he respects what FInley did in Dallas and mentioned they played together for 7 years and are still good friends. He was just giving him a hard time - mentioned he did not think the fans would actually listen to him, it was pretty funny.

I think the majority of long term Mavs fans appreciate that Finley came to our team when it was horrible, and along with Nash and Dirk made Dallas respectable. He gave a lot to Dallas.

ALVAREZ6
fucking Dallas fans.....

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
That is your opinion. IMO, it lacks class. I don't think fans should boo anyone.

Why? It doesn't cause harm to anyone. The only time I think fans cross the line is when they cheer an injury or throw things :fro. Everything else is fine by me...

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:51 PM

Not sure if anyone heard Dirk's quote today about the booing, he mentioned that he was just kidding when he called for the boos before and went on to mention how much he respects what FInley did in Dallas and mentioned they played together for 7 years and are still good friends. He was just giving him a hard time - mentioned he did not think the fans would actually listen to him, it was pretty funny.

I think the majority of long term Mavs fans appreciate that Finley came to our team when it was horrible, and along with Nash and Dirk made Dallas respectable. He gave a lot to Dallas.
You think anyone believes what comes out of that goats mouth???

It's 100% bullshit, he's just trying to give the right image.

:flipoff Dirk

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Why? It doesn't cause harm to anyone. The only time I think fans cross the line is when they cheer an injury or throw things :fro. Everything else is fine by me...

It's just what I think.

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
he mentioned that he was just kidding when he called for the boos

Yeah, that's real nice. Nice timing on saying he was kidding, after the fact. I hope that happens to him someday. Then, I'll say I was kidding.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Way to keep it classy Alvarez

Speaking of class, Mark Cuban and Avery Johnson have a bunch of it.

I admire how they never complain about the refs and how they would never, ever dream about paying a lot of cash to ensure victory. Oh, and Mark Cuban is the so classy by the way he carries himself in the arena, he looks so representable and non-threatening.

gingko
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Why so angry Al?

Pache, I would love to hear how well you do with humor in German - probably not as well as Dirk does with English.

ponky
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Guess none of you have ever been to a soccer game in Europe or South America. It's all about being a hard-core fan. Pop and AJ sitting down to dinner the night before a game as they did in the past is stupid. Finley rained 3s on us to win the third game of the regular season, he can wait to be cheered when we raise his number, not before then. So thin-skin. Stop talking about what is classy until you peruse some of the "cunt, assholes, stupid dallas shits" posts on this board.

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Why so angry Al?

Pache, I would love to hear how well you do with humor in German - probably not as well as Dirk does with English.

I don't speak German. Dirk does speak English (and very well, I might add). Besides, this is about the timing of his saying "I was kidding", not that he was kidding.

pache100
05-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Pop and AJ sitting down to dinner the night before a game as they did in the past is stupid.

It is NOT stupid. They are friends. What a chickenshit thing to say. I disagreed with the chickenshit charge before now, but that is chickenshit ands shows me that you don't know a damned thing about Avery Johnson or Gregg Popovich...and furthermore, don't want to. Which is sad.

ponky
05-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Speaking of class, Mark Cuban and Avery Johnson have a bunch of it.

I admire how they never complain about the refs and how they would never, ever dream about paying a lot of cash to ensure victory. Oh, and Mark Cuban is the so classy by the way he carries himself in the arena, he looks so representable and non-threatening.

Says the loser who was talking about ass-raping a bunch of NBA staff on another thread. Real classy, dude, way to keep it real.

ponky
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
It is NOT stupid. They are friends. What a chickenshit thing to say. I disagreed with the chickenshit charge before now, but that is chickenshit ands shows me that you don't know a damned thing about Avery Johnson or Gregg Popovich...and furthermore, don't want to. Which is sad.

I never said they should sever their friendship, I know they're friends and actually, Pop is the only one with the exception of Finley that I like in the entire Spurs organization and that's a lot considering how much I dislike the Spurs. During a heated series there's no way I want them to sit down to dinner, plenty of time for that after the series. Way to assume what I know by one post retard.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Guess none of you have ever been to a soccer game in Europe or South America. It's all about being a hard-core fan. Pop and AJ sitting down to dinner the night before a game as they did in the past is stupid. Finley rained 3s on us to win the third game of the regular season, he can wait to be cheered when we raise his number, not before then. So thin-skin. Stop talking about what is classy until you peruse some of the "cunt, assholes, stupid dallas shits" posts on this board.

A WINNER IS YOU

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Says the loser who was talking about ass-raping a bunch of NBA staff on another thread. Real classy, dude, way to keep it real.
Who ever said I was classy?

It's hard to fucking do when games aren't called right.

I would much rather watch the Spurs lose fairly, I would get over it more quickly than a couple of games being stolen from them.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Says the loser
your name is ponky.

ponky
05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
your name is ponky.

So what? I'm a girl! Anyway, I read your post above so my bad for calling you out as a hypocrite...keep on not being classy, I totally understand.

ALVAREZ6
So what? I'm a girl! Anyway, I read your post above so my bad for calling you out as a hypocrite...keep on not being classy, I totally understand.
fine bitch.

pache100
your name is ponky.

:lmao

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:10 PM
And WTF do you expect, it's a Spurs forum after 2 bullshit losses. You don't expect any pissed of fans???

I don't have to be classy right now, so fuck off ponky.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Alvarez, you really need to stop cussing out everyone in every thread. If you can't handle talking about the losses right now, then step away from your computer.

As for this thread, Finley isn't on their team anymore and they want the Spurs to lose. It's logical that he might get booed by some people.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Alvarez, you really need to stop cussing out everyone in every thread. If you can't handle talking about the losses right now, then step away from your computer.

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna take shit from some bitch who's a Dallas fan right now.

I've gotten a bunch of bullshit from people at school today about the Spurs loss and I've been waiting all day to do this. If some Mavs fan is gonna come talk trash in a Spurs forum, they should expect this.

mabber
05-16-2006, 03:15 PM

I'm guessing Alvarez is about 16 years old going by his very limited vocabulary. :smokin

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm guessing Alvarez is about 16 years old going by his very limited vocabulary. :smokin

Close.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:17 PM
:tu

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 03:42 PM

You aren't bad at all, you are very classy. Its the other trolls around here from Dallas who are giving Dallas fans bad reps.

justbrowsing
05-16-2006, 04:16 PM
New here. Not coming to rub anything in anyone's faces, just wanting to see what was going through the minds of the Spurs fans right now. I have nothing but respect for your team. I also love Finley and was one of his biggest supporters when he was here. He's a great guy, very classy. I wish he could have retired a Mav, but that's not the way things worked out. I just knew he would come back to haunt us and be the one to bury us ala Steve Kerr a few years ago. And who knows, it could still happen. Seems a bit less likely now, but you never know. I'm not counting you guys out until I see us win game 4.

I will admit, if I was a Spurs fan I would question some of the officiating, but I truly believe there have been bad calls both ways. The Mavs have been a bit more agressive going to the basket, especially in game 2 and 3, and they were rewarded for that. Not something we're used to seeing as long term Mav fans. I'm hoping that the refs will be better in the next game and any that follow. I don't want to have people saying the Mavs only beat the Spurs because of officiating. That would just suck. At any rate, best of luck to you guys! Of course, I'm hoping we win because I've had to sit through so many years of Spurs dominance, but I still wish you guys luck.

bgantz
05-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I love Finley...mavs fans love him too. The booing is unfortunate....but it has everything to do with booing the jersey, not michael finley. It's nothing personal, honestly. Like I said...I don't agree with it though and I would've cheered. But it's the playoffs now...you put sympathies aside.

Dirk41MVP
05-16-2006, 04:37 PM
HAHAHAHHAA, only spurs fans would think/say that getting drunk and having bitches hanging all over you is being gay.. LMAO.

As far as the finley boo's, he is a goddamn spur, what do you expect ? you guys are trying to knock us on our ass and send us home fishin' (specially finley thats why he signed directly with the dallas's rival), and we are doing the same thing.

Avery actually did win a title with you guys (and even made the winning shot), finley didnt do much, IF you factor in the damn contract he got, and which has put us in cap hell for the past zillion years, and has played very subpar.

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I wondered that, too. SUCH a lack of class. I recall being at the game when Devin Brown got his ring. The Spurs fans not only cheered Devin when he was presented his ring, the house just about came down when he scored his first couple of baskets...FOR UTAH! And he was cheered every time he came into the game after that, too.

Malik Rose was also cheered when he came back to the AT&T Center for the first time after he left.

You know, Charlie Parker made a pretty astute observation on the radio a couple of days ago (I don't listen to him, but someone who does was telling me about it). He said that Dallas is such a great city, so pretty, fine architecture, attractive streets and parks, etc. It's the people that suck; they're rude and classless. And, poor Houston...it's such an armpit of a city and no one wants to go there, but the people are wonderful. If you could take the people out of Houston and put them in Dallas, you'd have the perfect city. He was right on the money, IMO.

This isn't the first time Finley has been back though, he was cheered greatly the first 2 games. I don't think he really carees, he said a few weeks ago all emotional connections with the mavs were gone after the first 2 games. If the spurs cut Tim Duncan and went on to sign with the Enemy, now way in hell would you cheer him in the playoffs.

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 04:45 PM

He said last week after he made the quote that he was just kidding.

Rydia
05-16-2006, 04:52 PM

Didn't THEY cut HIM?

I noticed this!!! It was crazy!! He was with the Team for 8 and a half years!! Just goes to show you what kind of team and fans Dallas has.

Bottom Line we would NEVER boo Malik Rose! Never!!

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Bottom Line we would NEVER boo Malik Rose! Never!!
We would never boo Malik, AND he hasn't been a Spurs for 9 seasons, making the all-star team a couple of times and Malik isn't #4 on the Spurs all-time scoring list either...but we still wouldn't boo him, even if he were a Mav, or a Piston.

Conclusion: Dallas sucks.

ObiwanGinobili
05-16-2006, 06:26 PM
This isn't the first time Finley has been back though, he was cheered greatly the first 2 games. I don't think he really carees, he said a few weeks ago all emotional connections with the mavs were gone after the first 2 games. If the spurs cut Tim Duncan and went on to sign with the Enemy, now way in hell would you cheer him in the playoffs.

correction:
IF the Spurs cut Tim and then he signed with the "enemy" very few if any fans would boooo him.

If he left he Spurs and we then met him in the playoffs - most liely there would be boos.

There is a difference.

uwe blab 2
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Your so Classy, thats exactly what you are. Thats why I hear booing at the BARN when they announce Avery Johnson. Spurs fans boo for the opposition, just like Mavs boo for the opposition. Chicago for pete sake, booed Jordan at the end of his career with the Wizards.

cherylsteele
05-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Pop and AJ sitting down to dinner the night before a game as they did in the past is stupid.
I'd like to point out that LarryBrown and Pop did this during the finals last year if I remember right...did keep us from winning.

stubbs121
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
If you were watching the season series, Finley was cheered by the Dallas fans during the season in every Dallas home game.
This is the playoffs. The playoffs are quiiiite different from regular season games. You don't cheer for your opponent.

LilMissSPURfect
05-16-2006, 07:19 PM

DA PEOPLE even want to get paid for directions.....i was like what ?u want what for what?
dallas people are clueless

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 07:23 PM
DA PEOPLE even want to get paid for directions.....i was like what ?u want what for what?
dallas people are clueless

That's not very nice!

And if you take the Spurs out of SA, you have....you have....

Well, the Alamo is pretty cool at least; and that sewage running through downtown is great.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Weak city smack needs to stop on both sides.

Findog
05-16-2006, 07:41 PM
The booing of Finley commenced after Dirk was quoted in one of the papers as saying he wanted the fans to boo him. It's bogus. Finley helped salvage the Kidd trade when it could've been a franchise killer. The Mavs had started to climb back towards respectability, then Kidd was shipped out of town when the ownership situation was in flux. He led the league in minutes played for 5 years. He was a lone bright spot during very dark times. He carried the franchise through good times and bad. Anyone that would ever question his heart, character or toughness doesn't know anything about Game 5 of the 2003 Conference Finals, when the Spurs were up 3-1, playing at home and Dallas was without Dirk. Finley put the team on his back and refused to let his team lose. It was an outrageous show of heart and toughness. He deserves to have his #4 retired one day. Unfortunately, the fans that go to the games are basically the cocaine and boobjob crowd. Sorry Fin, you deserved better.

Hook Dem
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM
The booing of Finley commenced after Dirk was quoted in one of the papers as saying he wanted the fans to boo him. It's bogus. Finley helped salvage the Kidd trade when it could've been a franchise killer. The Mavs had started to climb back towards respectability, then Kidd was shipped out of town when the ownership situation was in flux. He led the league in minutes played for 5 years. He was a lone bright spot during very dark times. He carried the franchise through good times and bad. Anyone that would ever question his heart, character or toughness doesn't know anything about Game 5 of the 2003 Conference Finals, when the Spurs were up 3-1, playing at home and Dallas was without Dirk. Finley put the team on his back and refused to let his team lose. It was an outrageous show of heart and toughness. He deserves to have his #4 retired one day. Unfortunately, the fans that go to the games are basically the cocaine and boobjob crowd. Sorry Fin, you deserved better.
A good decent fan with the proper perspective!!!! Cudos to you!

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey, it's all in good fun. Even the classy Spurs fans like to have fun. Dallas loves Fin and we won't forget all he did for us. It was weird to feel kinda proud when he carried the Spurs on his back last game for a stretch, but I'm still booing! Go Mavs and Go Fin!

bgantz
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM

Cocaine and boobjob? You listen to the ticket. As do I.

Findog
05-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Cocaine and boobjob? You listen to the ticket. As do I.

The Hardline!

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Your so Classy, thats exactly what you are. Thats why I hear booing at the BARN when they announce Avery Johnson. Spurs fans boo for the opposition, just like Mavs boo for the opposition. Chicago for pete sake, booed Jordan at the end of his career with the Wizards.

WHAT?!? Spurs fans never boo for the opposition. That's just wrong!

Carie
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
WHAT?!? Spurs fans never boo for the opposition. That's just wrong!
Are you being sarcastic?

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 10:43 PM

Naw, I think Houston is generally much prettier city than Dallas, especially the parts nearer to the coast. The trees and roadside view are much nicer IMO. But yea he's right about thet people in Houston, they are definately much nicer, IMO.

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 10:54 PM

wow that chick must be really drunk or a she's golddigger

lol jk jk

Pandaemonaeon
05-17-2006, 01:50 AM
I boo Finley since I've always hated him, his brickshots, and his horrible contract. What I don't get is the "he's the enemy that's why we boo him" rationale by the other fans; if that's true then you'd be booing Van Exel too, and Najera, Buckner, Raja, Finley, Bruno, N'Diaye and Finley.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-17-2006, 01:59 AM
wow that chick must be really drunk or a she's golddigger

lol jk jk
:lol

Dirk41MVP
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
THAT'S WHAT FINLEY GETS FOR SIGNING WITH DALLAS'S MAIN RIVAL AND WANTING TO KICK THEIR ASS IN THE PLAYOFFS, HE GOT HIS KICKED INSTEAD. HE IS A RING-CHASER GONE BAD, HIS PLAN DIDNT TURN OUT TO BE THE ONE HE WANTED !! SIMPLE AS THAT, YES HE GOT CUT (DALLAS SAVED 51 MILLION DOLLARS BY DOING THIS) !!!

WE CHEERED HIM DURING THE REG. SEASON, BUT THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS EVEN THOUGH HE SAYS HE DOESN'T HAVE A PERSONAL VENDETTA FOR BEATING DALLAS HE DOES, THATS WHY HE SIGNED WITH SA IN THE FIRST PLACE !!! MORONS

OHH AND DONT LET YOU FOOL THIS, BUT HE IS STILL GETTING 51 MILLION DOLLARS FOR NOTHING, HE CAN BUY HIMSELF MANY KLEENEX BOXES WITH ALL THOSE MILLIONS HE IS GETTING.

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
[SIZE=2] (DALLAS SAVED 51 MILLION DOLLARS BY DOING THIS) !!!

really? they SAVED 51 million?
or did they get the priveldge of spending another 51 mil with out it counting against them?