PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from a Mav's fan....

mavs_own_spurs
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM
1. I enjoy ALL Texas sports. For the last 3 years, after watching the Mavs bow out, I have gone on to support the Spurs.
2. Tim Duncan is the BEST player on the court. Right now the Mavs are the best team.
3. The officiating SUCKS on both sides. Games are not decided by the refs, influenced yes...decided no. Talk to Brent Barry about brain freeze, that has more to do with the game than the refs. Hell talk to Stackhouse about getting bailed out.
4. This is a exciting series. I am a long suffering Mavs fan and I am very excited......mostly about the fact that the 2 best teams in the NBA are a 3 hour car drive apart.......that and the fact that the Mavs are on top.

Here's to hoping we see a game where you Spurs fans have no doubt about who it is that is beating you! I.E. Game 2!

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Question: How will you and other Maverick fans feel IF the Spurs win G5 by 20+ points?

CharlieMac
05-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I'll be supporting the Mavs after this series. This is one of the best series in a couple of years despite the current 3-1 status.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Spurs>Detroit>Miami>Dallas>Kings

LMAO...Miami...their record against the top teams this season was SAD...

SA210
05-16-2006, 12:26 PM

Refs>Spurs>Detroit>Miami>Dallas>Kings

mavs_own_spurs
05-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Question: How will you and other Maverick fans feel IF the Spurs win G5 by 20+ points?

A. I don't think they have the fire power to do so at this point. 5-10 point win is possible, but not a 20 point thrashing.
B. I will be in awe of the fact that this a series of historic proportions and I will be happy that Texas NBA basketball is showed as the absolute BEST.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
:rolleyes

Pimpo don't use the rolleyes

use the big rolleyes

http://www.galeon.com/mikeln/img/rolleyes.gif

mabber
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
1. I enjoy ALL Texas sports. For the last 3 years, after watching the Mavs bow out, I have gone on to support the Spurs.
2. Tim Duncan is the BEST player on the court. Right now the Mavs are the best team.
3. The officiating SUCKS on both sides. Games are not decided by the refs, influenced yes...decided no. Talk to Brent Barry about brain freeze, that has more to do with the game than the refs. Hell talk to Stackhouse about getting bailed out.
4. This is a exciting series. I am a long suffering Mavs fan and I am very excited......mostly about the fact that the 2 best teams in the NBA are a 3 hour car drive apart.......that and the fact that the Mavs are on top.

Here's to hoping we see a game where you Spurs fans have no doubt about who it is that is beating you! I.E. Game 2!

Good post! It is kinda pathetic that some Spur fans are in denial that Dallas is just playing a little better up to this point. If the Mavs were down 1-3 and had lost a couple of really close games where there were questionable calls against them I'd just think the Spurs are the better team at this point and the Mavs need to play better to where one bad call won't matter.

This is great series...enjoy it.

strangeweather
05-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Good post! It is kinda pathetic that some Spur fans are in denial that Dallas is just playing a little better up to this point. If the Mavs were down 1-3 and had lost a couple of really close games where there were questionable calls against them I'd just think the Spurs are the better team at this point and the Mavs need to play better to where one bad call won't matter.

I agree with everything you just said. Except that it's pretty hard to enjoy gutwrenching losses.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 12:38 PM

I'd feel fine because the "best team in the NBA" SHOULD win at home and we'd still have the 3-2 lead going back to Dallas.

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 12:40 PM

Dallas is good. We have lost to better.

At least when we we're beat by the likes of the Lakers, we knew that the LAKERS won. It wasn't giftwrapped and handed to them by the refs. These last two games feel like they were stolen.

We were also robbed by Derek Fisher, but he still made the shot himself.

mabber
05-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree with everything you just said. Except that it's pretty hard to enjoy gutwrenching losses.

Yeah, I know. I can definitely relate. Trust me, us Mav fans have had plenty more losses like that than y'all have. It hurts.

strangeweather
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Trust me, us Mav fans have had plenty more losses like that than y'all have.

I remember being at the games for the Olajuwon-Robinson series. We've had plenty of our own over the years.

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I'd feel fine because the "best team in the NBA" SHOULD win at home and we'd still have the 3-2 lead going back to Dallas.

The main point of my question was the "20+ points" part. To date, the Mavericks have either won convincingly (G2), won barely (G3/G4), or lost barely (G1). They haven't experienced being the recipients of a blowout yet.

Louae
05-16-2006, 12:50 PM
If the spurs lost to the mavs b/c the mavs outplayed them in games 3 and 4 as they did in overtime. I'd have no problem giving the Mavs their props. But not the way they've currently won the games with that aid of the refs.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
I remember being at the games for the Olajuwon-Robinson series. We've had plenty of our own over the years.

Do you honestly think most Mavs fans know who Hakeem is.

mabber
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Probably, but at least y'all have 3 rings. The Mavs have never even been to the finals :oops

mavs_own_spurs
05-16-2006, 12:56 PM

Those of us that were born and raised in Houston do!

If you can remember those days, try and think back to the day it turned around and the Spurs started to become the champs they are today.....That is how the Mavs fan is starting to feel now.

strangeweather
05-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Probably, but at least y'all have 3 rings. The Mavs have never even been to the finals :oops

True. And oddly enough, everything you had to go through before you won is the best part about winning.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 12:57 PM
The main point of my question was the "20+ points" part. To date, the Mavericks have either won convincingly (G2), won barely (G3/G4), or lost barely (G1). They haven't experienced being the recipients of a blowout yet.

I'd still feel fine. All that matters to me is Dallas finally has a team with some balls come playoff time and the ability to win close games when it truly matters. If they got blown out in game 5 Avery would have them ready come game 6.

mabber
05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
True. And oddly enough, everything you had to go through before you won is the best part about winning.

Yeah, I remember that feeling before the Cowboys(Aikman, Smith, etc.) won their first super bowl in the early 90's. The journey is the best part.

TheSpursAreEasy
05-16-2006, 01:10 PM

Hmm....lets see. Dallas is 8-4 this year vs the teams you claim are better than them. Good job, stupid.

Rummpd
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Congrats, props, enjoy the lead and honest congrats on good play and little luck to win 2 at home.

Funny how the LAL were feeling the same thing.

BUT this series in NOT OVER! Spurs grab game 5 and 6 and Mavs will tighten.

TheSpursAreEasy
05-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Dallas is good. We have lost to better.

At least when we we're beat by the likes of the Lakers, we knew that the LAKERS won. It wasn't giftwrapped and handed to them by the refs. These last two games feel like they were stolen.

We were also robbed by Derek Fisher, but he still made the shot himself.

Hahaha...."we have lost to better." I love it when people say that. It's the best they can do. They just basically say "oh well, we suck...but at least Dallas isnt the best!"

Dallas is 15-9 against the teams remaining in the playoffs. Beat that, loser.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Hahaha...."we have lost to better." I love it when people say that. It's the best they can do. They just basically say "oh well, we suck...but at least Dallas isnt the best!"

Dallas is 15-9 against the teams remaining in the playoffs. Beat that, loser.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6808/owl27bh.jpg

kskonn
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Well I really want the spurs to win game 5 not only because I am a spurs fan but because I think Game 6 would be an incredible game.

Mavs_man_41
05-16-2006, 01:23 PM

You act like all mavs fans are dumbasses.....stfu of course i know who hakeem olajuwan is....

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:25 PM
You act like all mavs fans are dumbasses.....stfu of course i know who hakeem olajuwan is....

yes, because when i said most I meant it in it's rarely used "all inclusive" definition

http://www.galeon.com/mikeln/img/rolleyes.gif

CharlieMac
05-16-2006, 01:47 PM

I don't believe you. I also can not accept any promises or assurances from you claiming to know who Hakeem is. I'm sorry.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
yes, because when i said most I meant it in it's rarely used "all inclusive" definition

It was a stupid, bitter comment regardless.