PDA

View Full Version : Nesterovic and Van Exel

xxbriguyxx
05-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Can Popovich please quit playing these guys? Nesterovic has shown about as much movement as the maple tree in my backyard. I don't care if his contract is huge or not. There are better players than him. Oberto has more energy and can get more than two rebounds a game if they played him once in a while.

Van Exel is an old man who cares more about shooting than passing to the open man. If you need someone to back up Tony Parker, use Beno Udrih. He's a good ballhandler and outhustles Nickie V, plus he can shoot. Plus, he's been with the Spurs in the playoffs before and he knows what to do with the ball. Van Exel is waaaay past his prime.

If the Spurs want to win game 5, 1)they need to play the right people and sub the right people. NO MORE Nesterovic and Van Exel, unless someone is fouling out. 2) They need to play their style of offense and defense, not the crap that they used in game four. No more small ball! Play your center (either Mohommad, Horry, or Oberto) and get some rebounds! Tony Parker needs to penetrate and shoot more as well. I'm glad to see that he played well in game 4. They also need to continue to feed the ball to TD and allow him to create shots for others. 3) The officials have to let them play. Unfortunately, this is out of their hands. Popovich needs to light a fire under the Spurs butts for the next three games cuz so far it's been them against the Mavs and zebras and they fold under the pressure. Come on, Spurs. Play with a vengeance!

big3bigD
05-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Rasho literally played only 1 second last night. He came in for one play and was out of the game.

Do you really trust Udrih over NVE as a backup 1? I wouldn't. Barry may be an OK option as a backup point, but you guys signed NVE for the post season....

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Rasho literally played only 1 second last night. He came in for one play and was out of the game.

Do you really trust Udrih over NVE as a backup 1? I wouldn't. Barry may be an OK option as a backup point, but you guys signed NVE for the post season....
spurs will have to address that backup pg position next year. Also, they need an athletic big and another above average perimeter defender.

xxbriguyxx
05-16-2006, 03:51 PM

Yeah I do trust Beno. He's better than NVE. He had some good minutes last year backing up Tony Parker. I didn't sign Van Exel for the postseason. He hasn't shown up for preseason and during the season so obviously he ain't going to show up for the postseason. Why is he still out on the court?

ploto
05-16-2006, 03:59 PM
I have never seen someone blame a player who has played 3:44 TOTAL in the 3 losses. :lol

And if you want the Spurs to play their style of defense, you play Rasho, plain and simple-- not Horry, not Oberto, and surely not Nazr.

Pero
05-16-2006, 04:54 PM
If the Spurs want to win game 5, 1)they need to play the right people and sub the right people. NO MORE Nesterovic

:lol Which games have you been watching?!??!??!? Rasho hardly plays... And thinking of putting Nazr in instead of Rasho at this point is crazy...

I have never seen someone blame a player who has played 3:44 TOTAL in the 3 losses.

And if you want the Spurs to play their style of defense, you play Rasho, plain and simple-- not Horry, not Oberto, and surely not Nazr.

:tu

ata
05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Rasho? Rasho hardly played in last three loses.

If Pop will stick to small ball, than is Beno better option as NVE. With 4 guards on the floor he doesn't need to bring the ball.

Parker need to peneterate. Truu, only that without Rasho making place in the paint, there is much chances to penetrate.

xxbriguyxx
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I have never seen someone blame a player who has played 3:44 TOTAL in the 3 losses. :lol

I'm blaming them for even playing him at all. 3:44 minutes is 3:44 of wasted time. Every other big man the Spurs have is better than that guy. He played 8:44 in their win with 0 points, 2 rebounds...big deal. Nazr and Oberto have had more points in this series. Also, Nazr has been getting more rebounds than Rasho. As Stephen A. Smith says all the time, "DON'T PLAY RASHO!"

xxbriguyxx
05-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Rasho? Rasho hardly played in last three loses.

If Pop will stick to small ball, than is Beno better option as NVE. With 4 guards on the floor he doesn't need to bring the ball.

Parker need to peneterate. Truu, only that without Rasho making place in the paint, there is much chances to penetrate.

Beno has averaged more points in the playoffs this year than NVE, with less minutes.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
ok the spurs wont make it pass game 6 if they continue small ball...why do u think this whole playoff has been a struggle..cause pop benced nazr....best game of the playoffs was game 1 of sac...he scored 18pts and hit a damn 3...since then spurs have had trouble with defense and rebounding...duncan needs a sidekick...horry??? no sir not a true true big man...and if bowen is our starting pf tomrrow night im turnin of the tv

GoSpurs21
05-16-2006, 07:20 PM

Do you really trust Udrih over NVE as a backup 1? I wouldn't. Barry may be an OK option as a backup point, but you guys signed NVE for the post season....well right now it looks like the best move so far in the preseason.......for the fucking mavs

Beno >>>>>>>>>>> nve (momentum killa)

Leetonidas
05-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Nick has been absolute shit. I trust Beno more. He's a better defender, he's stronger, he's faster, he's a better shooter, and he's a great passer. I'd rather have him running behind Parker.

Rasho, in my opinion, needs to play more. The Spurs are losing this series because of interior D, not because of anything else. Rasho is one of the best help defenders/low post defenders in this league.

Dario
05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm blaming them for even playing him at all. 3:44 minutes is 3:44 of wasted time. Every other big man the Spurs have is better than that guy. He played 8:44 in their win with 0 points, 2 rebounds...big deal. Nazr and Oberto have had more points in this series. Also, Nazr has been getting more rebounds than Rasho. As Stephen A. Smith says all the time, "DON'T PLAY RASHO!"

So you rather have 20 points and 20 rebounds and a loss? gg

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM

hell, i'd trust RASHO over NVE with the ball as a backup