PDA

View Full Version : Charley Rosen calls out refs in Spurs game

doldrums
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
He wrote:

However, where he was awarded 21 free throws in Game 3, Nowitzki still made 15 appearances on the stripe in Game 4 (making 14). Nowitzki used all of his familiar tricks to great advantage: Drives both right and left. Fakes and pulls. Spins and lefty flips.

In the fourth quarter and beyond, Nowitzki was defended by Bowen, his old nemesis, and was effectively contained—except for one of the most critical plays in the game: The Spurs led by two with the clock ticking down in the fourth quarter, when the Mavs ran Nowitzki into the high-post and let him go one-on-one against Bowen. Nowtizki drove left while keeping Bowen at bay with a hostile right elbow, and Bowen responded in kind—with neither player thusly gaining an advantage. It was nothing more than an instance of dueling elbows that's commonly seen in playoff competition, especially in crunch-time. The referees, however, tooted Bowen for a foul, thereby allowing Nowitzki to tie the game at the foul-line.

A bad call at a bad time.

It should also be noted that while Nowitzki's 12 shots were abetted by 15 free throws, Duncan took 23 shots and was only rewarded 8 free throws. Overall, Nowitzki had 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and 28 quiet points.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
It should also be noted that while Nowitzki's 12 shots were abetted by 15 free throws, Duncan took 23 shots and was only rewarded 8 free throws. Overall, Nowitzki had 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and 28 quiet points.

NBA: I love this stuff.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
There's no doubt that the Spurs were cheated last night.

At this point, I think the whole world knows it, and the NBA deserves to just even the series 3-3 without playing game 5 and 6.

Let's just have 1 more Spurs-Mavs game. Winner takes all. No Bavetta, Crawford, or any other cheap ref.

v2freak
05-16-2006, 06:49 PM
^Amen!^

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 06:49 PM
And that's why we dont feed the dog
people food.

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:50 PM
There's no doubt that the Spurs were cheated last night.

At this point, I think the whole world knows it, and the NBA deserves to just even the series 3-3 without playing game 5 and 6.

Let's just have 1 more Spurs-Mavs game. Winner takes all. No Bavetta, Crawford, or any other cheap ref.

And you have YET to name a referee that meets to your approval, jackass.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
That's because I don't know any other ref.

A ref's name is only mentioned when he is a terrible ref. These guys have developed that reputation. You don't hear about the satisfactory or decent refs.

I really don't care who, as long as it's not them.

RON ARTEST
05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
maybe he thinks he can do better. :lol

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2006, 06:57 PM
And that's why we dont feed the dog
people food.

:lmao

Duff McCartney
05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Anytime you can name a referee by name, that is a terrible ref. They shouldn't be able to be identifiable.

SA210
05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Anytime you can name a referee by name, that is a terrible ref. They shouldn't be able to be identifiable.
Amen

Phenomanul
05-16-2006, 07:03 PM

I'll give you one... Dan Crawford.

E20
05-16-2006, 07:59 PM
LMAO Dog people food I love that line.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Jeez Skunk you're awful busy running around these threads trying to defend your Mav's feeble victories. Is there some reason you feel you compelled to try to legitimize them so badly?

Leetonidas
05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
When Charely Rosen defends the Spurs, you KNOW something is wrong.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 08:36 PM
i mean how can the mavs fan say the refs are doing a good job calling the game...i cant recall anyone valuable fouling out(damp and diop suck dick) but we lose a 2time mvp and fouls out in the 4th with and then we lose a gold medalist in the next game...and since when did the spurs shoot 50 fts (game3) or even 43(game 2)??? i dont kno what the hell is going on but the mavs have lucked out when a team loses their best 2 players in back to back games...u never saw shaq foul out one game..and then kobe the next?? i mean dallas made more fts than the spurs attempted in game 3 mavs: 39-50 spurs only put up 32 freethrows...its sad for mavs to be proud of barely beating a team when the other team is down a player and have the zebras bailing them out at end of games

Willinsa
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM

Shut up fag.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Jeez Skunk you're awful busy running around these threads trying to defend your Mav's feeble victories.
And you've followed him around trying to rationalize the Spurs losses. A loss is a loss. 3-1, deal with it and quit with the conspiracy theories.

"boy, if only Ron Artest hadn't been suspended in game 2, the Kings would have won the series" :madrun

50 cent
05-16-2006, 09:03 PM
When Charely Rosen defends the Spurs, you KNOW something is wrong.
EXACTLY! :depressed

MissAllThat
05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
You'd think that the morons in the NBA office would realize that a 7 game series makes them more money. Stop cheating SA out of it and let them actually have a chance to win some games. Heck, a team coming back from being down 3-1 creates more interest than even a normal 7 game series. Just a hint to Mr. Stern.

aexchange
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
since when do spurs fans listen to rosen? the guy is a certifiable idiot.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I'll give you one... Dan Crawford.

Well of course, we are only 0-10 when he officiates. What do you think is going on there?

Wuba
05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
In Rosen's preview of the Mav's season he called Tariq Abdul Wahad their best defender - did he suggest that Avery should be playing him more in this series?

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
In Rosen's preview of the Mav's season he called Tariq Abdul Wahad their best defender - did he suggest that Avery should be playing him more in this series?

Have you even seen any Mavs games this season or checked the roster since let's see, the beginning of the season?

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Well of course, we are only 0-10 when he officiates. What do you think is going on there?

I can't believe you're bringing that up, when Spur fans got grilled for bringin up the w/l record for DB you guys need get together and consolidate your arguments.

Wuba
05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Have you even seen any Mavs games this season or checked the roster since let's see, the beginning of the season?

Yes, I have seen plenty, but given Rosen's mention of TAW in his season preview I question how often he watches the Mavs.

I guess the sarcasm was a bit too subtle for you. Apologies, I will try to dumb it down a little next time.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I can't believe you're bringing that up, when Spur fans got grilled for bringin up the w/l record for DB you guys need get together and consolidate your arguments.

I didn't blame the first game loss on Danny Crawford, it's one game and I never blame a loss on the refs. When you talked about the Spurs W/L record for DB did you include the 2003 WCF Game 2 where the Spurs won with Bavetta officiating? I believe the Spurs shot 45 FTAs compared to the Mavs' 22 FTAs.

Billy Baum
05-16-2006, 10:01 PM
The current standing for the Series is Spurs 1 Mavs 0 Refs 3. In other words you cant let the referees beat you because is proven that if you give them a chance they will. San Antonio and Detroit is not what the NBA wants. They much rather see "Big" market teams in the finals as in Phoenix, Miami and Dallas. In other words lets prove them wrong and beat the referees.

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 10:07 PM

And you have yet to show why you belong here. Other than being asshole you don't bring much to the table.

ponky
05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
The current standing for the Series is Spurs 1 Mavs 0 Refs 3. In other words you cant let the referees beat you because is proven that if you give them a chance they will. San Antonio and Detroit is not what the NBA wants. They much rather see "Big" market teams in the finals as in Phoenix, Miami and Dallas. In other words lets prove them wrong and beat the referees.

You do realize that the Spurs are ranked 12th out of 30 teams in terms of team valuations, right? They generate just a mere 3 million less than the Mavericks BUT two million MORE than the Heat.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
I didn't blame the first game loss on Danny Crawford, it's one game and I never blame a loss on the refs. When you talked about the Spurs W/L record for DB did you include the 2003 WCF Game 2 where the Spurs won with Bavetta officiating? I believe the Spurs shot 45 FTAs compared to the Mavs' 22 FTAs.

The stats were from you're owners blog, so i don't know/care I was just bringing up the hipocrasy.

Spurs Dynasty
05-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes, I have seen plenty, but given Rosen's mention of TAW in his season preview I question how often he watches the Mavs.

I guess the sarcasm was a bit too subtle for you. Apologies, I will try to dumb it down a little next time.

I don't understand !