PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Start Nazr and heres why

nbhagat84
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Ok Start Nazr, play him for half of each quarter, he is a 7 footer like dirk and is quite agile too, i think he can stay with dirk with some help.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Nazr could maybe guard a cardboard cutout of Dirk.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Ok Start Nazr, play him for half of each quarter, he is a 7 footer like dirk and is quite agile too, i think he can stay with dirk with some help.
You are out of your mind.

There's no way in hell Nazr can cover Dirk.

And the dude can't even catch a pass or grab a rebound without fumbling it or letting it get smacked out of his weak ass grip.

Nazr= trash.

cherylsteele
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
No....start Rasho...at least his offense is a better. He has better hands...much better hands. He is a more consistent shot blocker.....he generally plays much better "D".

A paraplegic would have a better chance at catching the ball than Nazr.
I say we treat Dirk like we treated Amare last year....let him have his points....you concetrate on Terry, Harris, etc.

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Dirk seems to be bothered MORE by a smaller man defending him. You see, his former lover, Steve Nash, was a smaller man and Dirk starts having flashbacks during the game.

Just kidding.

Seriously, though, Nazr doesn't have a chance in hell at guarding Dork, I mean, Dirk.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2006, 05:54 PM

The cutout would have better hands.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 06:00 PM
If we have Nazr guarding Dirk and Quicksand in at the beginning of a quarter we might be able to set a new NBA record for how fast a team can get into the penalty situation.

SenorSpur
05-16-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't understand this guy and why he's not gotten better defensively.

cherylsteele
05-16-2006, 06:26 PM
If we have Nazr guarding Dirk and Quicksand in at the beginning of a quarter we might be able to set a new NBA record for how fast a team can get into the penalty situation.
Isn't that NVE job?

picnroll
05-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Isn't that NVE job?
Yeah, Nick the Quicksand

snowboarder
05-16-2006, 06:28 PM
i say give him a try

the only thing I would tell him to do is hussle his ass on rebounding and D. Nothing else

exstatic
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
i say give him a try

the only thing I would tell him to do is hussle his ass on rebounding and D. Nothing else
That's all they've wanted from him from the beginning. He can't. He sucks. He's gone.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 06:44 PM
ok nazr if he starts...wont guard dirk...bowen stays with dirk...nazr guards diop or dampier..duncan has to guard howard but ill tell timmy to make him shoot over u and give urself sum space so he cant blow by u....nazr can rebound and help clog the lane with timmy and help timmy stay out of fould trouble

exstatic
05-16-2006, 06:51 PM
The only thing Nazr will be guarding is the watercooler. Did you fucking watch game 3 when he threw the game away with a total of about 6 +/- points in 9 seconds with a TO, a silly foul, and losing a rebound with defensive lane advantage position, leading to another 2 points? Are you fucking blind? NAZR SUCKS FUCKING ASS!!!

blaze89
05-16-2006, 06:51 PM
If Nazr guards Diop or Dampier, what do you do if Diop or Dampier is replaced by Stackhouse, Terry or Harris?

SenorSpur
05-16-2006, 06:52 PM
The only thing Nazr will be guarding is the watercooler. Did you fucking watch game 3 when he threw the game away with a total of about 6 +/- points in 9 seconds with a TO, a silly foul, and losing a rebound with defensive lane advantage position, leading to another 2 points? Are you fucking blind? NAZR SUCKS FUCKING ASS!!!

It was truly a pathetic sequence.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 06:58 PM
If Nazr guards Diop or Dampier, what do you do if Diop or Dampier is replaced by Stackhouse, Terry or Harris?

ok lets be real if nazr guards diop or dampier...for one they wont put in those wings..cause who will guard duncan???? avery wont put him on timmy and if he does...duncan is licking his chops...so that wont happen

exstatic
05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
That puts Duncan on the wing, on Dirk. That sucks. Try again.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 07:00 PM

what was the starting lineup when the spurs won the ship last year???? and are u really sayin that about nazr....he didnt throw the game away...if anyone threw the game away it was barry thorwin the ball out of bounds...the spurs have to make an adjustment..that cant afford small ball and win 3 in a row...have to go with what got u hear...2 7fts in the middle and quick rotation around the premiter with manu parker and bowen...only way they can win 3 in a row

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
That puts Duncan on the wing, on Dirk. That sucks. Try again.

to bad bowen will always guard dirk..duncan will have to stick with howard and make him pull of jason terry shots all night...i can live with that

peskypesky
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
The biggest adjustment the Spurs need to make is to pull Poopavitch's head out of his a--.

I seriously have to wnoder if this fool is asking to be bitch-slapped for sticking with a PROVEN losing strategy. The small-ball approach didn't work in game 1 (we barely won). It didn't work in Game 2. It didn't work in Game 3. And yet he went and did it again in Game 4!!!!

I promised the Spurs would lose the last couple of games if they played without a Center, and they did.

Rebounds and interior defense are the only things that are gonna get the spurs past the mavs.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
spurs shouldn't be worried about who their starting lineup is going to guard

the mavs should be worried about how their lineup matches up with the spurs

the mavs won this series as soon as pops as shit decided to play smallball

you are correct....spurs have to get a big in the middle...and play "spurs basketball" and spurs defense....i dont care who the center is ( i prefer nazr) but u have to have a some what version of the twin towers again to win it or even consider comeback...the spurs didnt go small against phx last year...they put timmy on qrich and i think he has to guard howard like it or not

exstatic
05-16-2006, 07:08 PM
to bad bowen will always guard dirk..duncan will have to stick with howard and make him pull of jason terry shots all night...i can live with that
Duncan should know his name by now. He's seen the back of Howard's jersey any time they match up. No good. Try again.

Trifecta
05-16-2006, 07:08 PM

Someone provide Nazr a "Fathead" of Dirk so he can get some quick practice before game time baby!

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Duncan should know his name by now. He's seen the back of Howard's jersey any time they match up. No good. Try again.

ya i dont remeber that....ur trippin...if u dont like the topic of nazr startin get out of the chat room...i dont see u comin up with an explanation for the spurs getting back in this series...so unless u give me one...shut up...and stop smokin what ur smokin cause ur makin ur self look like an idiot with ur sorry ass comebacks..nigga please

exstatic
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
what was the starting lineup when the spurs won the ship last year???? and are u really sayin that about nazr....he didnt throw the game away...if anyone threw the game away it was barry thorwin the ball out of bounds...the spurs have to make an adjustment..that cant afford small ball and win 3 in a row...have to go with what got u hear...2 7fts in the middle and quick rotation around the premiter with manu parker and bowen...only way they can win 3 in a row
Ben Wallace is about as close to Kori's Dirk cutout on offense as you can get with a pulse. They were not this year's Mavericks, and we are not last year's Spurs.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
how are we not last years spurs??? if anything we were supposed to be better?? who did we lose sooo damn crucial?? devin brown??? he was replaced by michael finley who i thought hit the game winner last night

baseline bum
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Nazr Mohammed is done in a Spurs jeresy. We all expected him to come back and be the guy he was in the 2005 playoffs, but he returned as the scrub we saw in the 2005 regular season. I've defended this guy a lot, hoping he'd live up to his previous playoff form, but he never has come close. The Spurs desperately need a big who can grab boards, play average defense, and not turn the ball over if they want to raise #4 up. Nazr is not that guy.

exstatic
05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
how are we not last years spurs??? if anything we were supposed to be better?? who did we lose sooo damn crucial?? devin brown??? he was replaced by michael finley who i thought hit the game winner last night
Devin was a MUCH better defender who could have bodied with Bonzi or Artest last series. Nazr is worse than last year, and the Spurs allowed opponents to shoot over 43% on FGs this year. That's not good, and it got worse as the year wore on. They just couldn't seem to play lockdown defense and get stops when they needed them, a hallmark of Spurs basketball, and the shoddy defense has continued right into the playoffs.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
ya but thats in the playoffs right...cause i kno they allowed 88pts a game in the reg. season....and nazr has only ahd pt in only one game and that was the first game and he was solid with 18pts and theyve played small ball the rest of the playoffs...i blame pop...small ball is not the way to go with the spurs

cherylsteele
05-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Thst was last year....this year he has been nowhere near his performance of last year....this is just like people saying NVE is great because he could play 3 years ago.
If you start a center I would rather see Rasho than Nazr....at least he can catch the ball with more regularity.

pache100
05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
ok nazr if he starts...wont guard dirk...bowen stays with dirk...nazr guards diop or dampier..duncan has to guard howard but ill tell timmy to make him shoot over u and give urself sum space so he cant blow by u....nazr can rebound and help clog the lane with timmy and help timmy stay out of fould trouble

Ok, you're still better off with Rasho (on Diop or Dampier). Nazr cannot rebound as well as Oberto. Heck, I can't think of a single thing Nazr can do better than someone else on the team...except, perhaps warm the bench. I don't think there's much help for Timmy and his foul trouble unless the refs decide to quit being Cuban's bitches.

The only thing Nazr will be guarding is the watercooler.

And, maybe the hotdogs and peanuts?

Nazr Mohammed is done in a Spurs jeresy. We all expected him to come back and be the guy he was in the 2005 playoffs, but he returned as the scrub we saw in the 2005 regular season. I've defended this guy a lot, hoping he'd live up to his previous playoff form, but he never has come close. The Spurs desperately need a big who can grab boards, play average defense, and not turn the ball over if they want to raise #4 up. Nazr is not that guy.

:tu

jcrod
05-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Look, small hasn't worked. If pop uses it again for his starting lineup, we're doomed. They're sending double teams at Dirk when he catches the ball (except when BB is on him) anyways. Why not have Fab or TD on him and still send the double at him. At least when they rotate they'll still be a big out there besides Duncan.

When we beat them at the begining of the yr we didn't start small and we won. We should not start small, plain and simple.

Memo to Pop, Don't EVER leave Horry as your only big man, NEVER!

beirmeistr
05-17-2006, 11:23 AM
I cannot believe that Peter Holt is allowing this stubborn obsession with small ball. Fine, we're competitive in every game, but we are still playing their game. How can we allow them to have more bigs on the floor than we do? They play Dirk, and Dampier and Diop also get their minutes. and we have Rasho and Butterfingers on the bench the majority of the time. Horry has been horrible this series. His pass to Ginobili was questionable, and he was a non-factor in the last game.

SlovenianGuy
05-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I would play Rasho on DIrk. Yes he is too slow, but Dirk is a jump shooter. In the games I watched he had the most problems when he was attacking the rim. He's hitting his jumper over everyone (Finley, Bowen, Parker ... ). Make him shoot over a taller guy.

MINUS:
Yes, I agree, he would probably get at least 30 if not 40 points.

PLUS:
Bowen doesn't have to guard Dirk and he can be on Howard.
Dallas won't get as many easy layups if Spurs have two 7 footers on the floor.
Dallas won't get as many second chances.
Rasho can make space under the basket for penetrations od Manu and Tony (i think that's something he does really well).

Dirk41MVP
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Make him shoot over a taller guy.

If you know ANYTHING about dirk's game you'd know how he takes big guys off the dribble and goes around them, and small guys he backs them down to his sweet spots and shoots right over them. If dirk has a 7 footer on him, trust me he wont be taking a jumpshot, he'll be driving it.

Shooting over smaller guys for him is like having wide open jumpshots, and we all know he is pretty effective at those.

SlovenianGuy
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
If you know ANYTHING about dirk's game you'd know how he takes big guys off the dribble and goes around them, and small guys he backs them down to his sweet spots and shoots right over them. If dirk has a 7 footer on him, trust me he wont be taking a jumpshot, he'll be driving it.

Shooting over smaller guys for him is like having wide open jumpshots, and we all know he is pretty effective at those.

I know he'll be driving and I don't think this is bad if you have Tim, who's waiting for him under the rim. That's why I said that his percentage in this series is almost certainly higher when he takes jumpers and lower when he drives to the basket.

dmac
05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Ok Start Nazr, play him for half of each quarter, he is a 7 footer like dirk and is quite agile too, i think he can stay with dirk with some help.Plus he can drop a 3 on them when we're up by 30!