PDA

View Full Version : Tossing You A Rope From Motown

GOBLUEADAM
05-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Spurs fans, your team's back is up against the wall! You are facing elimination, but I know you aren't even thinking of using that Q word! You guys are tough and resourceful just like the Pistons. Yea I know we've been stinking up the joint of late too! But I hear you too have had some questionable officiating and bad play that has gotten in your way too. We are almost to the point where you are now! We're getting the tender loving care of the three blind mice and Mr. Stern's timely calls! And yes we were OVER CONFIDENT! But I feel that you still can make it! You can crawl out of that hole! The Mavs are good, but they've been lucky! Call it luck luck or David Stern's luck, but it's gotta come around toward the black and silver. If you go down, you go down, but go out chomping like a toothless bum on a ham sandwich. But if you rise up, don't let up, don't give up, and take one game at a time! So Spur fans, when you feel like you're at the end of your rope tie a knot, and don't let go. Don't say damn, just say whoa! We want you guys in the finals, not just because we want to beat you, but you are great for the game of basketball! You do it the right way! The Mavs are a gimmick team that still see's the concept of defense as just a word in the dictionary, and shoots 3's just because. Your team defense, and some gutsy balls to the wall play will do it! But if you don't, there's nothing you can do but move on and wait till next year! But next year won't come to June right!
So this Piston fans is tossing you a rope and yes I'm gonna say it, GO SPURS!

Melmart1
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
As long as the rope isn't to hang ourselves :lol

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 06:00 PM
I have NO DOUBT that the Pistons will win their series. Hopefully, Rasheed isn't seriously injured. I saw the replay of him twisting his ankle. That looked seriously painful!

GOBLUEADAM
05-16-2006, 06:03 PM
COME ON! What's with the negative waves? At least you don't have deal with the most arrogant, bragging, dilussional, stick up their assess Ohio/Buckeye fans, on your message boards. They are like eating some bad meat, that gets stuck in your tubes. You know it's gonna come out, but it just makes life a living hell! Get your dobbers up! Hopefully I won't have to type this same message for Pistons fans!

Despot
05-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Spurs fans, your team's back is up against the wall! You are facing elimination, but I know you aren't even thinking of using that Q word! You guys are tough and resourceful just like the Pistons. Yea I know we've been stinking up the joint of late too! But I hear you too have had some questionable officiating and bad play that has gotten in your way too. We are almost to the point where you are now! We're getting the tender loving care of the three blind mice and Mr. Stern's timely calls! And yes we were OVER CONFIDENT! But I feel that you still can make it! You can crawl out of that hole! The Mavs are good, but they've been lucky! Call it luck luck or David Stern's luck, but it's gotta come around toward the black and silver. If you go down, you go down, but go out chomping like a toothless bum on a ham sandwich. But if you rise up, don't let up, don't give up, and take one game at a time! So Spur fans, when you feel like you're at the end of your rope tie a knot, and don't let go. Don't say damn, just say whoa! We want you guys in the finals, not just because we want to beat you, but you are great for the game of basketball! You do it the right way! The Mavs are a gimmick team that still see's the concept of defense as just a word in the dictionary, and shoots 3's just because. Your team defense, and some gutsy balls to the wall play will do it! But if you don't, there's nothing you can do but move on and wait till next year! But next year won't come to June right!

I feel better after reading this post. It's truly honorable that you want to face the BEST team in the Finals.

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I feel better after reading this post. It's truly honorable that you want to face the BEST team in the Finals.
Amen dude, just amen.

spurschick
05-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Appreciate it! :spin

GOBLUEADAM
05-16-2006, 06:13 PM
See teams like the Suns and Mavericks, are wrong for basketball. It's all about what the superstar does, instead of what the team does! Cleveland and the Lebrons, have somehow put us to sleep up here, and beaten us with team play. They aren't shooting a lot of 3's, it's just team play! The Suns and Mavericks only care about jackin up 3's and not working for it the hard way! And that's why both are teams are struggling!
And thanks for the kind words! It's refreshing to talk to basketball fans instead of the childlike morons we've been ivaded by of late on our boards!

JDZ
05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
The Mavs are a gimmick team that still see's the concept of defense as just a word in the dictionary, and shoots 3's just because.

Post season 3pt attempts for Mavs: 96
Post season 3pt attempts for Pistons: 185

Post season opponent FG% for Mavs: 0.461
Post season opponent FG% for Pistons: 0.460

Post season opponent 3pt FG% for Mavs: 0.337
Post season opponent 3pt FG% for Pistons: 0.387

Maybe Saunders should ask AJ if he can borrow that dictionary.

Vashner
05-16-2006, 06:19 PM
NBA FINALS 06
CAVS & CLIPPERS

In other news: Hell has frozen over.

GOBLUEADAM
05-16-2006, 06:23 PM
JDZ, I wouldn't go there if I were you! We didn't shoot the 3 until this year, so what's your teams excuse? The Spurs have been through the battles and have earned Detroit's respect. Hell, they beat us in the finals! Do you know what the finals are, or what it looks like? And hopefully this won't comeback to bite me, but teams that play partime defense, don't raise championship banners and hold parades!

JDZ
05-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Part time or full time don't matter, brother. Just got to do it for 16 games.

Edit: This board has weird moderators. Why edit my post?

ObiwanGinobili
05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Good post GOBLUEADAM :tu
thanks, and you're more than welcome around here! We love a respectfull Piston's fans.. .actually we have lot of them.

spurschick
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
And thanks for the kind words! It's refreshing to talk to basketball fans instead of the childlike morons we've been ivaded by of late on our boards!

Yeah, we know what that's like.

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:42 PM
BlueAdam is ignorant as fuck and likely hasn't watched an entire Mavs game all season.

Shocking that the Spares fans admire you.

Mrs.Tlong
05-16-2006, 06:43 PM
BlueAdam is ignorant as fuck and likely hasn't watched an entire Mavs game all season.

me me blah blah blah me me me

spurschick
05-16-2006, 06:44 PM

Don't pollute this thread. It wasn't addressed to you.

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:45 PM
See post #9.

The blind leading the blind.

tetasfromtejas
05-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Ever since ABC took over, the game has become lost. I was watching on CNBC and they had a story on the "business of basketball" and the dallas mavpricks were in the top five moneymakers along with the knicks, lakers (market size) and I forgot the other two. I blame ABC for the bullshit calls. Stern is the cockboy

anon101
05-16-2006, 06:47 PM
See teams like the Suns and Mavericks, are wrong for basketball. It's all about what the superstar does, instead of what the team does! Cleveland and the Lebrons, have somehow put us to sleep up here, and beaten us with team play. They aren't shooting a lot of 3's, it's just team play! The Suns and Mavericks only care about jackin up 3's and not working for it the hard way! And that's why both are teams are struggling!

Dude, try watching the damn games before spouting off. Spurs are averaging 3 more 3-point shot attempts per game than the Mavs (though only making 1 more per game). And our superstar has only led the team in scoring one game this series. Mavs won 60 games this year and are up 3 in this series thanks to a total team game.

And love or hate the Phoenix style (personally I think its fun to watch but that the Nelson-era Mavs repeatedly proved it can't take you to the promised land) they also play a team game. Nash's MVP may be a joke, but all his pub is because of how he runs a successful team in which all the parts are playing significantly better than they ever played on their own.

In fact, one of the nice things about this year's playoffs is that if Detroit can just get their act together and finish off Cleveland, there will be only one team left (Miami) that is about individual stars instead of teams playing quality team ball.

Hook Dem
05-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Go back under the rock you climbed out from!

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Ever since ABC took over, the game has become lost. I was watching on CNBC and they had a story on the "business of basketball" and the dallas mavpricks were in the top five moneymakers along with the knicks, lakers (market size) and I forgot the other two. I blame ABC for the bullshit calls. Stern is the cockboy

spurschick
05-16-2006, 06:50 PM

It was addressed to Spurs fans. Stop being an asshat. You're up 3-1. Try and show some class.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't believe it ever occurred to me to troll the fan forums of teams the Spurs dropped on their way to 3 championships. Guess there's not much to do in Big D.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Actually, Spurs "smallball" has made Dallas a penetrating team. I'm not gonna look it up, but I'm pretty sure that Spurs have taken more threes this series than Dallas.

Other than that minor correction, thanks for the props. I am still looking for a Spurs/Pistons finals...

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
It was addressed to Spurs fans. Stop being an asshat. You're up 3-1. Try and show some class.

What is this insistence that people show "class"? Explain it to me. I see it on various boards all the time. What the hell does the amount of "class" someone shows matter in the big picture?

You're listening to some dick in Detroit that has no credibility and has gotten almost all of his facts wrong. Explain to me why you'd be listening to him. What he's saying meets to your approval? Really? If so, you're even more of an idiot than I didn't give you credit for.

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't believe it ever occurred to me to troll the fan forums of teams the Spurs dropped on their way to 3 championships. Guess there's not much to do in Big D.

Wow, the Spurs won 3 championships? Did I hear that right? 3? Shocking. I've never heard that before. I guess I should be a Celtics fan so I can meet your high expectations.

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I know you aren't even thinking of using that Q word!

I'm sorry, what's the Q word? :wtf

Shank
05-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry, what's the Q word? :wtf

Jesus. Really?

He was referring to "quit".

RC's Boss
05-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Normally I only read w/ out posting, but to the mavs fans that keep showing stats about how many 3's the Spurs (notice in caps unlike mavs!) take vs. the pony boys. Our 3's come from a TRUE post player, not some gimmick 7 footer that doesn't know what the hell a drop step is! Our 3's are a result of ball rotation and teams doubling on Tim in the post. Ask any coach and they'll tell you, "shoot threes when the ball comes out of the post and if you don't have it swing it to the next man".... This ain't Ruckers beyotches! We play the way Mr. Naismith, Red Holzman, Red Aurbach, and before his NYC meltdown, Larry Brown intended the game to be played.... The RIGHT DAMN WAY! Lucky jump shots don't always fall i.e. C U in S.A. for game seven!

Shank
05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
...and yet your team has lost 3 straight with all of their "amazing" 3-point shooting prowess.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Pistons fans want to see the team they swept this year in the playoffs. I can understand this, make it easier for your team.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM

The arrogance is simply astounding. Simply astounding.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:31 PM

I find it very amusing. I wouldn't peruse the boards this much if there weren't all these silly threads that make me laugh so much.

Despot
05-16-2006, 09:32 PM

This coming from a troll?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-16-2006, 09:35 PM
regardless what the fans say, the series is 3-1

Mavs are the best in the West......

spurschick
05-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Explain to me why you'd be listening to him. What he's saying meets to your approval? Really? If so, you're even more of an idiot than I didn't give you credit for.

You don't know me, and yet you call me an idiot? I really don't care what kind of game facts he is spewing. What I saw was a Piston fan showing support for the Spurs and their fans, which is a nice change of pace from all of the Mavs fans that have flooded the board with basically nothing more than "Spurs and their fans suck" bullshit.

From the start of the finals last year, before the games actually began, quite a few Pistons fans joined the forum and politely wished everyone good luck. They also remarked at how well this site is run and how refreshing it was to find a place where fans from other teams could come in and actually talk basketball and engage in lively discussion. Was there some smack talk? Of course, but most of the Pistons fans that are here stayed here even after their team lost and have become a part of this forum's family.

So far, I haven't seen one Mavs poster I would want to have stay here after this round is over... win or lose. For as many of you as there are out there, that's just sad.

pussyface
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
SPURSCHICK: "I really don't care what kind of game facts he is spewing"
You are on dangerous ground here...when you start saying you don't care about facts, you put yourself in the same league with the muslim terrorist who wants to die so he can go to heaven with his 30 virgins...

Our Pistons-friend made a factual error in his analysis....the Mavs simply are not a three point shooting team anymore.

spurschick
05-16-2006, 10:16 PM
SPURSCHICK: "I really don't care what kind of game facts he is spewing"
You are on dangerous ground here...when you start saying you don't care about facts

Please take your 10 posts and :stfu

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Please take your 10 posts and :stfu

He has a point. In fact, a number of posts on the first page pointed out his inaccuracies. But I guess you just decided to read over them.

spurschick
05-16-2006, 10:20 PM
He has a point. In fact, a number of posts on the first page pointed out his inaccuracies. But I guess you just decided to read over them.

And you didn't bother to read what I wrote. I wasn't commenting on his facts. I was appreciating his support of the Spurs and their fans.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Wow, the Spurs won 3 championships? Did I hear that right? 3? Shocking. I've never heard that before. I guess I should be a Celtics fan so I can meet your high expectations.

The three champioships wasn't his point, his point was when they won PO series, he wasn't a dick about it.

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
And you didn't bother to read what I wrote. I wasn't commenting on his facts. I was appreciating his support of the Spurs and their fans.

Don't go soft on us here.

If someone came in and said "Go Spurs! The Mavs are magical little elves that breathe fire and have assassinated every known President in U.S. History," then you would still support him?

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM

If someone came in and said "Go Spurs! The Mavs are magical little elves that breathe fire and have assassinated every known President in U.S. History," then you would still support him?

They're not elves, they are fairies.

austinfan
Can't wait until this series is over--whatever the outcome--so that we can get these Mavs trolls off our board, and back to some intelligent basketball discussion. Whether the Mavs win or lose the series, their fans have proven they're the worst kind: sore winners.

People who kick other people when they're down are sadly in need of a life. But, hey, if that's what you need to do in order to prop yourself up, go for it.

spurschick

You do realize that this is a Spurs forum, right? Like I said, I haven't seen a Mavs fan yet on this board that I hope will stick around. Thanks for proving my point.

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
You do realize that this is a Spurs forum, right? Like I said, I haven't seen a Mavs fan yet on this board that I hope will stick around. Thanks for proving my point.

:tu

trueD
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
...and yet your team has lost 3 straight with all of their "amazing" 3-point shooting prowess.Excuse me for jumping in with a thought or two...

Here is your example of CLASSLESS.

You are a) continuing to spout off the obvious in an annoyingly repetitive fashion; b) Do you expect your spouting off will initiate provacitive thinking, or are you just an annoying fly? c) Classless comments like these will automatically reduce any real opinion you may have to teeny tiny print no one notices.

Now do you get it?

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Excuse me for jumping in with a thought or two...

You are a) continuing to spout off the obvious in an annoyingly repetitive fashion; b) Do you expect your spouting tol initiate provacitive thinking, or are you just an annoying fly? c) Classless comments like these will automatically reduce any real opinion you may have to teeny tiny print no one notices.

Now do you get it?

Why the fuck would I want to prove my worth and class to a bunch of strangers?

Funny - a Spurs board rife with discussion of the NBA being rigged, Mark Cuban being a gay cheater and hopes of injury to the other team and there's someone preaching to me about class. Oh, the hypocrisy.

leemajors
05-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Excuse me for jumping in with a thought or two...

You are a) continuing to spout off the obvious in an annoyingly repetitive fashion; b) Do you expect your spouting off will initiate provacitive thinking, or are you just an annoying fly? c) Classless comments like these will automatically reduce any real opinion you may have to teeny tiny print no one notices.

Now do you get it?

my money is on no...

Pistons < Spurs
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Can't wait until this series is over--whatever the outcome--so that we can get these Mavs trolls off our board, and back to some intelligent basketball discussion. Whether the Mavs win or lose the series, their fans have proven they're the worst kind: sore winners.

People who kick other people when they're down are sadly in need of a life.

I can definetly appeciate that. One thing that stood out last year, was the respect and class shown by the large majority of the Spur fans to the Piston fans that joined the forum. Sure there was friendly jabs here and there, but behind it all, was a constant level of class.

That's probably the biggest reason i stayed here after losing in the Finals.

Win or lose, do it gracefully, and don't be an ass. Spur fans get that. From what I've seen, few Mav fans do.

trueD
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Mark Cuban being a gay cheater

I KNEW IT!!! :clap

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:33 PM

Funny - a Spurs board rife with discussion of the NBA being rigged, Mark Cuban being a gay cheater and hopes of injury to the other team and there's someone preaching to me about class. Oh, the hypocrisy.

It's not about proving your worth to a bunch of strangers, since a majority of the Spurs fans don't troll it's hard to understand why the Mavs fans have a hard-on for it. We've called Mark Cuban gay since before this series started. I still say his wife's a beard.

austinfan
05-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Mavs fans don't seem to understand that, in the long run, this is a game. Grown men getting paid millions of dollars to throw a ball into a basket. Not brain surgery, not serving in Iraq, not being a cop in the inner city, not teaching public school. A game. Your team won some games. Great. Then go celebrate their accomplishments, instead of trying to lob cheap shots at the opposing team.

Sure we want to see our team win. Who wouldn't want their team to win the championship every year? And it's disappointing when the team puts in long hours of practice, games on the road, dealing with injury, etc., only for it to end in a (possible) early out. But acting like a silly ass toward other fans about it, whether you win or lose? So not a priority.

trueD
05-16-2006, 10:42 PM

Funny - a Spurs board rife with discussion of the NBA being rigged, Mark Cuban being a gay cheater and hopes of injury to the other team and there's someone preaching to me about class. Oh, the hypocrisy.Awww, a masochistic opposing fan stumbles across big doses of his own bullyism-- but somehow just can't find his way home to tell mommy about all the mean people at the ugly house down the block. :lol

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Awww, a masochistic opposing fan stumbles across big doses of his own bullyism-- but somehow just can't find his way home to tell mommy about all the mean people at the ugly house down the block. :lol

You can't bully me, lady. Cute little boy/mommy comments. I've never seen those before. Congratulations on being the first.

How are those Kings doing right now anyway? Care to discuss some Kings basketball while we're all here?

trueD
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
You can't bully me, lady. Cute little boy/mommy comments. I've never seen those before. Congratulations on being the first.

How are those Kings doing right now anyway? Care to discuss some Kings basketball while we're all here?Class Rule #148: Do not double hijack thread on opposing superior teams board, started by Pistons fan and directed to Spurs fans--which is already being fabulously hijacked by Mav's fan. :eyebrows

~Sweetmelody~
05-16-2006, 11:25 PM
I haven't seen a Mavs fan yet on this board that I hope will stick around. Thanks for proving my point.

:tu

texas84
05-16-2006, 11:39 PM
The Mavs are a gimmick team that still see's the concept of defense as just a word in the dictionary, and shoots 3's just because.

Another idiot speaking about something he knows nothing about.

boutons_
05-16-2006, 11:43 PM
pussyface, holy shit, STFU and GTFO, you're plonked, asshole

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Another idiot speaking about something he knows nothing about.

See there, right there, you had to use idiot huh, SSDP

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 11:49 PM
I KNEW IT!!! :clap
lmao

texas84
05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
See there, right there, you had to use idiot huh, SSDP

I respect what the Pistons fan is saying, but the majority of Spurs fans here will agree with me that what he said does not describe the Mavs anymore. It did for the past 5 years, which is what everyone from the TNT cast to outside newspapers have said until this series.
We would not be up 3-1 in this series by jacking up 3's and not playing good (enough) defense.

Go ahead, give me a refs comment someone....

But really, I'm not trolling, I respect the Spurs, and I do really like this forum. Ignore the Mavs trash talkers.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-16-2006, 11:57 PM
A ref comment? Every time the Mavs need a bailout call, they get it. The Spurs, not so much...

texas84
05-16-2006, 11:58 PM
A ref comment? Every time the Mavs need a bailout call, they get it. The Spurs, not so much...

Thanks... thank you... I appreciate it.

Shank
05-16-2006, 11:58 PM

Yes, but can you guarantee that?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes, but can you guarantee that?

Well yes, because even the sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes...

SpursWoman
05-17-2006, 12:02 AM

That was one of the best 'sheed quotes. Ever. :lmao

texas84
05-17-2006, 12:03 AM

lol :lmao

E20
05-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Fa sho wit it my Pistons brutha.

Shank
05-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Fa sho wit it my Pistons brutha.

No. You see - he's wrong on so many points. Agreeing with him is like agreeing with the loonies that believe we never landed on the moon.

The Genius
05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi. First time Pistons Fan here. For absolutely no reason, I'm going to say that Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, have some of the most intelligent and active users I've seen. Also, I greatly admire your team, for it's diversity, poise, and heart, and that anyone who disdains, or insults the Spurs, past or "present," should need a swift kick to the jiholes, and a quick reprimed. Cheers to all.

intlspurshk
05-17-2006, 12:24 AM
When did Mav win a champion? I think they will never do that. Piston will knock Mav out, no doubt.

texas84
05-17-2006, 12:27 AM
No. You see - he's wrong on so many points. Agreeing with him is like agreeing with the loonies that believe we never landed on the moon.

Shank, we never landed on the moon.

Shank
05-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Shank, we never landed on the moon.

I've seen the pictures, sir. It must be real.

spurs=bling
05-17-2006, 12:33 AM
:lol Sheed is awesome.

sghspurs
05-17-2006, 03:42 AM
GOBLUEADAM is the man.

sghspurs
05-17-2006, 03:44 AM
The Genius is also the man.

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2006, 08:19 AM
welcome TheGenius :tu

RC's Boss
05-17-2006, 07:39 PM
And remember, neither the Pistons owner nor the Spurs owner whines like that beyotch Mark Cuban. If Barkley called S.A. a regular season team, the last thing you'll see is Peter Holt whining about it in a blog.

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Yes, i feel we can come back as the Pistons can. Who woulda thunk, eh? Keep the faith, but hang on to that rope for me just in case.

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Good post GOBLUEADAM :tu
thanks, and you're more than welcome around here! We love a respectfull Piston's fans.. .actually we have lot of them.

AH, nice bravatar change. I dont mind so much you stole my name anymore ! :lol :lol

... the real obi...

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks... thank you... I appreciate it.

you asked :lol :lol

Actually, Mavs have a great team this year, gotta give credit.