PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, San Antonio. It's not the refs--it's YOU.

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Mavs fans all remember Jerry Stackhouse's bonehead move at the end of game 1, stepping back for a contested three instead of going for a much easier two. We had a chance to win and didn't execute. Forget the officiating, the bear hugging, the 3-4 Bowen fouls that went uncalled. We still had a chance, and we lost the game.

Now, even though Spurs fans--not all, but 96.3%*--are still whining about the refs in all the following games (and only Spurs fans could whine about game 2--really, how do you whine when you get blown out at home by 22?), the final moments of all these games are filled with Spurs choke jobs. These are the things that Spurs fans have a complaint about, and these plays are images that will haunt Spurs fans after they get past the phase of denial.

* from Spursreport poll

Game 3
- Ginobili missing his last free throw--his only miss--when it counts most with 1:25 left.
- Letting Dirk get the offensive rebound with 7 seconds left in the game.
- Ginobili turns the ball over with 5 seconds left on what should have been the final possession of the game and completely blowing a chance to win the game.
- Stackhouse gives San Antonio one last chance to win the game, the pass is deflected, but Horry gets it and doesn't come up with the clutch play.

Game 4
- Barry and Finley turning over the inbounds pass when there's 39 seconds left in the game.
- Duncan missing the final shot at the buzzer in regulation guarded one on one by Erick Dampier.
- Parker bricking both his free throws with 32 seconds left in OT.
- The entire Spurs team not fouling with 25 seconds left and down 5.

Spurs missed 10 FTs in game 2 and in game 3. Tony Parker missed 5 FTs in game 4. Spurs were outrebounded in every game of the series.

There are bad calls certainly, but they go both ways. The refs are not out to get the Spurs. Even with all the bad calls, the Spurs are simply not executing in the clutch. Refs are not making players miss free throws. Refs are not turning the ball over on last possessions. Refs are not giving the rebounds to the Mavericks.

One last topic, one that Barkley thought was important enough to bring up first in his postgame wrapup. Spurs get a T whining about a missed charge call. Well I have something to say about it too. Since the Spurs whine about EVERY call, they obviously have to whine extra long for this one since it was a real missed call.

Note that the refs didn't call a technical on the whining.

Note that the refs simply called a delay of game.

Note that a single delay of game call doesn't result in a technical.

Note that Spurs already had a delay of game call because Balki wouldn't let go of the ball when he got called for a travel earlier, but that the ball had to be forcefully taken from him.

Note that the Mavs didn't whine excessively about Parker's air ball to get a delay of game call.

It's your own fault, guys.

zocool16
05-16-2006, 08:40 PM
get the fuck out of here

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Mavs fans all remember Jerry Stackhouse's bonehead move at the end of game 1, stepping back for a contested three instead of going for a much easier two. We had a chance to win and didn't execute. Forget the officiating, the bear hugging, the 3-4 Bowen fouls that went uncalled. We still had a chance, and we lost the game.

Now, even though Spurs fans--not all, but 96.3%*--are still whining about the refs in all the following games (and only Spurs fans could whine about game 2--really, how do you whine when you get blown out at home by 22?), the final moments of all these games are filled with Spurs choke jobs. These are the things that Spurs fans have a complaint about, and these plays are images that will haunt Spurs fans after they get past the phase of denial.

* from Spursreport poll

Game 3
- Ginobili missing his last free throw--his only miss--when it counts most with 1:25 left.
- Letting Dirk get the offensive rebound with 7 seconds left in the game.
- Ginobili turns the ball over with 5 seconds left on what should have been the final possession of the game and completely blowing a chance to win the game.
- Stackhouse gives San Antonio one last chance to win the game, the pass is deflected, but Horry gets it and doesn't come up with the clutch play.

Game 4
- Barry and Finley turning over the inbounds pass when there's 39 seconds left in the game.
- Duncan missing the final shot at the buzzer in regulation guarded one on one by Erick Dampier.
- Parker bricking both his free throws with 32 seconds left in OT.
- The entire Spurs team not fouling with 25 seconds left and down 5.

Spurs missed 10 FTs in game 2 and in game 3. Tony Parker missed 5 FTs in game 4. Spurs were outrebounded in every game of the series.

There are bad calls certainly, but they go both ways. The refs are not out to get the Spurs. Even with all the bad calls, the Spurs are simply not executing in the clutch. Refs are not making players miss free throws. Refs are not turning the ball over on last possessions. Refs are not giving the rebounds to the Mavericks.

One last topic, one that Barkley thought was important enough to bring up first in his postgame wrapup. Spurs get a T whining about a missed charge call. Well I have something to say about it too. Since the Spurs whine about EVERY call, they obviously have to whine extra long for this one since it was a real missed call.

Note that the refs didn't call a technical on the whining.

Note that a single delay of game call doesn't result in a technical.

Note that Spurs already had a delay of game call because Balki wouldn't let go of the ball when he got called for a travel earlier, but that the ball had to be forcefully taken from him.

Note that the Mavs didn't whine excessively about Parker's air ball to get a delay of game call.

It's your own fault, guys.

hey buddy those calls obviously didnt matter the outcome of the game like the bowen "hand check foul" ...and the parker airball was a bad call..but not 2 sec later they called a moving screen on timmy....and the only reason dirk got the damn rebound...cause duncan was on the bench cause he fouled out....since when is spraing ur ankle a foul...duncan did not create any contact what so ever...and yall shot 50fts that game anyway u better win teh damn game...and then manu foulded out the next game..and by the way he was doin yall dirty 26pts in 27min...and then again dirk goes to the line for a game winner...since when did anyone do that in back to back games??? does anyone kno that in game 3 he only made 3 baskets and went to the line 24 times....thats the 5th most in nba history trailing greats like bob cousey and mj dirk isnt in that category yet...and dont act like the series is done...dallas looke dlike they won the damn championship last night...it aint over

picnroll
05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Another duche bag needing his own little self validation by starting another thread. If these Mavs fans want to trash up a site I suggest Mavstalk. Nobody there will notice. God these Mavs fans suck more than Cuban.

Willinsa
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
What a piece of crap.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Another duche bag needing his own little self validation by starting another thread. If these Mavs fans want to trash up a site I suggest Mavstalk. Nobody there will notice. God these Mavs fans suck more than Cuban.

Those duche bags! :lol

DuncanInYourFace
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
FACT:

Game 1: Refs don't bail Dirk out at the end of the game -> result = terrible pass to Stackhouse (who i think even the mavs agree is a total moron at the end of the game)

Games 3 & 4: Dirk runs into trouble, refs bail him out, Mavs win.

Don Quixote
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Even though he is probably a troll, I agree 100% with Holmes. True, the refs have made some atrocious calls at inopportune times, and they have probably cost us at least 1 game.

However, the NBA is well-known as the worst-officiated pro-sports league, at least in North America. They're just about all terrible.

This series loss is on the Spurs. They got beat soundly by a very good team.

dbreiden83080
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Your fucking boy DIRK has not had to make a single big shot in this whole damn series, he just gets gifts at the foul lline over and over again. Your bigs are pushing Duncan away from the post every time he touches the ball but last night Bowen has his hands on Dirk's back and they call the foul with a minute to go. Your Mavs have played well and they are a damn good team but the Spurs have been on the backend of almost every close call in this series and that is a fact.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 08:45 PM
. Please, lets not deal with reality, that would just be absurd.:nope

goMavs
05-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Waaaah Waaah Waaah

Don Quixote
05-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Pay the trolls no mind. Let little brother have his day.

KingsFanWithoutName
Your fucking boy DIRK has not had to make a single big shot in this whole damn series, he just gets gifts at the foul lline over and over again.Problem is Dirk makes his freethrows, unlike your boy Parker.
http://nelsok.com/images/69392648.gif

DubMcDub

Oh lord :lol :lol :lol

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Why does it say believe under my name?

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Remember, Mavs fans are just Cowboys fans in the offseason.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 08:50 PM
hey mavs...ur not winning a championship this year...david stern said so

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 08:51 PM

Damn the city of Dallas for having more than one professional sports team! Those 5 Super Bowl trophies and Stanley Cup surely make the city of Dallas jealous of SA's 1 team and their 3 titles. :lol :lol :lol

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 08:52 PM
ya i dunno what the hell that guy was talkin about...but this is a basketball chat room..and the mavs dont have a ring and wont get one if mark cuban is the owner...daivd stern said so

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Whoop de fucking doo. Cowboys fans tend to talk a lot of shit but know very little about the game itself. Kinda like Mavs fans.

You'd think Mavs fans have very little to do as much as they are camped out in here.

rAm
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
owned!

Holmes_Fans
I'm no troll, I joined before you anyways and I usually visited the site atleast once week during the season. That goMavs guy is a troll, ingnore his dumbass.

BgT
96.3%*

* from Spursreport poll
Spurs are champs and as champs their fan forums are filled with trolls like yourself.
Probably about 5% of all members there are trolls, so actually the percentage is higher than expected.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Whoop de fucking doo. Cowboys fans tend to talk a lot of shit but know very little about the game itself. Kinda like Mavs fans.

Fan base generalizations. Excellent. Those are always highly credible and unbiased :rolleyes.

Please, though, continue providing the board with highly accurate and no doubt scientific information regarding which fan bases are the most informed, which are the most attractive, and which wear the most Ralph Lauren. :lol :lol

goMavs
05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
News Flash: The River Walk has just flooded downtown San Antonio due to all the tears shed from crying about the officiating. Better man the lifeboats 'cuz it's gonna get alot worse tomorrow night-

"Mama shouldn't have let her babies grow up to be Spurs fans..."

DuncanInYourFace
05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Aren't the little brother trolls so cute?

SPARKY
I see the truth hurts.

DubMcDub
I see the truth hurts.

"If I said it, it must be the truth! WAAAAAH!" :lol :lol :lol

SpursWoman

Sorry...I'm a Cowboys fan and I have never felt the need to go fuck up other teams forums with bullshit.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 08:58 PM
dallas will never own a larry obrien trophy....and who gives a fuck about the stanley cuP??? imma cowboys fan tho best franchise in the nfl...but no franchise is better than the spurs in all of sports..

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm no troll, I joined before you anyways and I usually visited the site atleast once week during the season. That goMavs guy is a troll, ingnore his dumbass.

No you haven't....by a LOOOONG shot. :lol :lol

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Is it really bullshit? The facts are dundeniable, yes there have been bad calls for both team. But did the refs cause the 2 crucial late game turnovers, Duncan to miss 1 on 1 on Erick Dampier?

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Is it really bullshit? The facts are dundeniable, yes there have been bad calls for both team. But did the refs cause the 2 crucial late game turnovers, Duncan to miss 1 on 1 on Erick Dampier?

well at least our superstar has attempted a game winng field goal..not a game winning freethrows

KingsFanWithoutName
Did the refs give this kid the Eva sign?

http://nelsok.com/images/69392648.gif

DubMcDub

Everything is deniable on this board, at least in some people's eyes.

You WILL find Spurs fans here that are reasonable, intelligent, and actually understand the fact that their team is capable of losing a game (or series) without some massive referee conspiracy...

...you just have to look really hard to find those people.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
well at least our superstar has attempted a game winng field goal..not a game winning freethrows

It doesn't get any better than "attempted game winning field goal" smack talk :lol

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
No you haven't....by a LOOOONG shot. :lol :lol
Unless Don Quixote has an alter-ego, I joined a month before they did.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:03 PM
"If I said it, it must be the truth! WAAAAAH!" :lol :lol :lol

Mavs fan can't even be funny.

coachmac87
ya i didnt see dirk make a field goal in the 4thqrt...what a superstar

Leetonidas

There you go with that same bullshit. The fact is the officials made two calls they shouldn't have. It's the fucking playoffs! At this rate, it's going to be Mavs vs. Cavs in the Finals.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:04 PM

You WILL find Spurs fans here that are reasonable, intelligent, and actually understand the fact that their team is capable of losing a game (or series) without some massive referee conspiracy...

ya like mark cuban...get the fuck outta here

refhater
05-16-2006, 09:05 PM
You're a fucking idiot! What you can't comprehend because of your apparent stupidity is that the Spurs are getting screwed. To point that out is not "whining". It's fact!

While I can see where you believe that execution might be a problem, it should not have come to that. There has never been a team that executed perfectly throughout a game. That's what the Spurs are being forced to do. Also, the Spurs are a bad free throw shooting team. But if the Spurs had been given the same number of free throws in game 3 they would have won by 10.

To ensure that it doesn't come down to one play you put enough space between you and the other team. That's how the Spurs have won championships. However they have not been allowed to get that separation because of the horendous officiating disparity.

Baveta even mentioned that he didn't realize the delay of game was going to be a technical. Note that cocksucker!

I have plenty of friends that are true Mavs fans that have admitted they are embarrassed about the officiating the past two games. For you to make this post, you are undoubtedly not a true fan, but a prick who has no business posting at all. We'll see if you are still here after game seven ass-face.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:05 PM

You will also find that this forum has attracted Mavs fans who have nothing better to do with their lives than frontrun in this forum. Intelligence? Check yourself first.

BgT
05-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Face it, the refs won the game for you. I hate blaming the refs for anything, but this game is their fault. Spurs were a better team. Nobody says Mavs didn't deserve the Game 2 win. And I am not disgusted about anything what happened in Game 3 (ok, apart from some silly things Pop did), but Game 4? :huh That was OBVIOUS!

P.S. I'm not saying that refs were ok in Game 3. It just can't be compared with Game 4.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:07 PM
You will also find that this forum has attracted Mavs fans who have nothing better to do with their lives than frontrun in this forum. Intelligence? Check yourself first.

You are no doubt the first person to ever comment that Mavs fans on this board are A) Losers, B) Have no Life, or C) have nothing better to do. Bravo on being such an innovator and a pioneer. :lol

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:10 PM

ya mark cuban...get the fuck outta here

Leetonidas
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40510

Holmes_Fans
ya i didnt see dirk make a field goal in the 4thqrt...what a superstar
Maybe do to the fact he had already been playing 35 minutes on a twisted ankle. C'mon you should realize this, it's the excuse spurs fan used all season on Duncan.

SPARKY
You are no doubt the first person to ever comment that Mavs fans on this board are A) Losers, B) Have no Life, or C) have nothing better to do. Bravo on being such an innovator and a pioneer. :lol

Well, you are.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 09:12 PM
As Pop pointed out, and is common sense, nobody plays a perfect game. Every team makes mistakes. If the reffing in a tight game, between two competitive teams, at a critical time, strongly favors one team over the other, you raise the bar to succeed for the disadvantaged team to levels where they have to play perfect or near perfect basketball to win. That means it's highly improbable they'll succeed. So quetion is were there equal numbers of bad calls for both teams? Answer is no. Should a team have to play near perfect basketball to overcome poor reffing that put them at a severe disadvantage? If that's what their forced to do they have to try. Are thsy likely to succeed? Odds are agaisnt a team not making any mistakes, hitting every critical shot.

In short the Spurs were screwed and the "they had their chances anyway" is bull shit.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Maybe do to the fact he had already been playing 35 minutes on a twisted ankle. C'mon you should realize this, it's the excuse spurs fan used all season on Duncan.

ya 35 min....ur right duncan has been hurt all season...35 min does not equal a season dumb fuck

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, you are.

You act as though anybody should care whether or not you think they are a loser. :lol

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 09:14 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40510
Notice how the 1 other mavs fan that posted in that thread called the guy out for being a dumbass.

and look at this, that alvarez guy whining after a win

the officiating was helping the Mavs you stupid fuck.

efrem1
05-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Your fucking boy DIRK has not had to make a single big shot in this whole damn series, he just gets gifts at the foul lline over and over again. Your bigs are pushing Duncan away from the post every time he touches the ball but last night Bowen has his hands on Dirk's back and they call the foul with a minute to go. Your Mavs have played well and they are a damn good team but the Spurs have been on the backend of almost every close call in this series and that is a fact.

Let's see Jordan had "the shot" against Cleveland.

Sean Elliot had "the Miracle" against the Blazers.

Dirk had "the free throw" against us. What a legacy to build on :lol

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
and duncan has been doin u fuckin dirty this series scorin his pts on the floor not on the damn foul line

BgT
05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
As Pop pointed out, and is common sense, nobody plays a perfect game. Every team makes mistakes. If the reffing in a tight game, between two competitive teams, at a critical time, strongly favors one team over the other, you raise the bar to succeed for the disadvantaged team to levels where they have to play perfect or near perfect basketball to win. That means it's highly improbable they'll succeed. So quetion is were there equal numbers of bad calls for both teams? Answer is no. Should a team have to play near perfect basketball to overcome poor reffing that put them at a severe disadvantage? If that's what their forced to do they have to try. Are thsy likely to succeed? Odds are agaisnt a team not making any mistakes, hitting every critical shot.

In short the Spurs were screwed and the "they had their chances anyway" is bull shit.
Well, that's very true. I mean... one could say "You didn't have 100% FGP, so it's your fault." However it takes IQ over 90 to realize that, so it's an easy IQ test.

jmard5
05-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Baveta even mentioned that he didn't realize the delay of game was going to be a technical. Note that cocksucker!

I have plenty of friends that are true Mavs fans that have admitted they are embarrassed about the officiating the past two games. For you to make this post, you are undoubtedly not a true fan, but a prick who has no business posting at all. We'll see if you are still here after game seven ass-face.

Geez. Another thread? You Mav fans just won't accept it, will you? Here's what I have written from one of the numerous threads that have been sprouting here in our forums.

I don't get it. Really.

San Antonio knows it. The whole world have seen it. Other teams' fans acknowledged it. Sport sites printed it. Heck, now even some Dallas local sportscasters mentioned it.

Now why won't you Mavs fans trolling here just admit it.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Geez. Another thread? You Mav fans just won't accept it, will you? Here's what I printed from one of the numerous thread that have been sprouting here in our forums.

I don't get it. Really.

San Antonio knows it. The whole world have seen it. Other teams' fans acknowledged it. Sport sites printed it. Heck, now even some Dallas local sportscasters mentioned it.

Now why won't you Mavs fans trolling here just admit it.

Oh my god some other fans acknowledged it? Media too?

Sound the alarms, it must be true!

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:17 PM

damn....wtf u gotta say about that mavs fans

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM

An excellent moral victory! Stand up job.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 09:20 PM
They won't admit it because they need validation. They can't stand that we know the wins were fraudulent. They seek our approval, know they won't get it because their team doesn't deserve it but they keep coming begging for it and when they don't get it they cry, whine and post crap.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:21 PM
They won't admit it because they need validation. They can't stand that we know the wins were fraudulent. They seek our approval, know they won't get it because their team doesn't deserve it but they keep coming begging for it and when they don't get it they cry, whine and post crap.

Yet another fantastic analysis. You didn't perhaps go by the name Freud in a prior life, did you? If not, you certainly have me fooled.

Holmes_Fans
Jason Terry had "The Rainbow" against Tim Duncan. Followed by Tony Parker MISSING 2 free throws. The refs must not like to much to call a foul on him in the last 40 seconds.

coachmac87
dubmcdub is a dick riding faggot...jsut like dirk "free throw" nowitzi

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Jason Terry had "The Rainbow" against Tim Duncan.

ok dumb fuck that wasnt a game winner..u already had the lead...damn ur an idiot

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:22 PM

This is a post in which I give you the attention you so desperately crave.

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
The thread starter is a stupid cocksucker. Get real. The refs have been called out by the media more now than since the Kings/Lakers and you bitches just can't accept you're getting away with robbery.

coachmac87
This is a post in which I give you the attention you so desperately crave.

thank you

ponky

hahahahahaha, way to lose your shit, i can't wait to walk into the AT&T tomorrow like i pwn the place

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Unless Don Quixote has an alter-ego, I joined a month before they did.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Sparky. Because he's been, in some form or fashion, around here since Christ was a corporal. :lol

And by bullshit I'm not talking about you in particular...at least your post, whether I agree with it or not, consisted of something more than "San Antonio is nothing but wetbacks", or whatever the fuck else...and actually took some time and thought.

I'm talking about people like DubMcDum or whatever the hell his name is, who contribute nothing but "waaahh waaah" spam posts all day long, as fast as they can register and crank them out. Who the fuck needs it?

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:25 PM
The thread starter is a stupid cocksucker. Get real. The refs have been called out by the media more now than since the Kings/Lakers and you bitches just can't accept you're getting away with robbery.

Or, you just can't accept that your team is down 3-1 because they're not the best team in this series.

Whichever.

Holmes_Fans
ok dumb fuck that wasnt a game winner..u already had the lead...damn ur an idiot
It put the mavs up 2 possesions, it did win the game for them. Had he missed it the spurs could of made a 3 and tied it up.

picnroll
Yet another fantastic analysis. You didn't perhaps go by the name Freud in a prior life, did you? If not, you certainly have me fooled.
What are you doing here then. Sorry if we don't think the Mavs won the last two games with fair reffing. Problem is they didn't.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
hahahahahaha, way to lose your shit, i can't wait to walk into the AT&T tomorrow like i pwn the place

wtf u talkin about???

Holmes_Fans
Sorry, I thought you were talking about Sparky. Because he's been, in some form or fashion, around here since Christ was a corporal. :lol

And by bullshit I'm not talking about you in particular...at least your post, whether I agree with it or not, consisted of something more than "San Antonio is nothing but wetbacks", or whatever the fuck else...and actually took some time and thought.

I'm talking about people like DubMcDum or whatever the hell his name is, who contribute nothing but "waaahh waaah" spam posts all day long, as fast as they can register and crank them out. Who the fuck needs it?
We have have spurs versions of him on mavs forums.

jmard5

You're in denial. :lol

It is not just Spurs fans that saw those dubious calls. It is time to wake yourself up now from your delusion.

The truth hurts.

Brutalis
Or, you just can't accept that your team is down 3-1 because they're not the best team in this series.

Whichever.
Accept? I accept that Mavs fans are obviously virgin winners. It's like they've never seen the green grass on the other side of the fence of losing.

So hi, enjoy your stay. This is what it feels like to actually be winners for a change. Try not to act like you're new to it although I know it's hard for you guys.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM

It is not just Spurs fans that saw those dubious calls. It is time to wake yourself up now from your delusion.

The truth hurts.

The truth may hurt, but not as much as being down 1-3!!!

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
It put the mavs up 2 possesions, it did win the game for them. Had he missed it the spurs could of made a 3 and tied it up.

ya ur right...but "the shot" by jordan and "the miracle" were game winners...meanin the game was tied or the team was trailing..."the rainbow" was not that...its ok not everyone is right all the time

BgT
05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Dirk "Free Throw" Nowitzki sounds as his real name! :wow I never imagined that the most protected player in NBA would be non-American. It only shows the rising importance of international basket, I guess.

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 09:30 PM
ya ur right...but "the shot" by jordan and "the miracle" were game winners...meanin the game was tied or the team was trailing..."the rainbow" was not that...its ok not everyone is right all the time
Ok then, I will give credit to Stackhouse for the gamewinner. :lol

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:30 PM

ouch...u know how to put it to us :lol

hey i went to the aac and i couldnt find any larry obrien trophies in the building...damn not even mark cuban could buy a replica

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:31 PM

The truth hurts.

It really is amazing how many Spurs fans on this forum are convinced that whatever they say is "the truth", and that their opinion on anything is the gospel.

I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm simply going to sit back and laugh at the arrogance of someone who thinks as highly of his own subjective perspective as you obviously do.

Enjoy the offseason.

SPARKY

The triumph of your life, undoubtedly.

SpursWoman
We have have spurs versions of him on mavtalk.

Oh, I'm well aware...there are asswipe Spurs fans as well, and I'm actually embarrassed by a lot of the ridiculous things they say...here and everywhere else.

But I seriously doubt you've got them at the rate they've been pouring in here the last couple of weeks.

:fro

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 09:32 PM
What are you doing here then. Sorry if we don't think the Mavs won the last two games with fair reffing. Problem is they didn't.
And what exactly do you plan on doing about it?

You and some your fans look just as pathetic (with your conspiracy theories and refs are out to get us nonsense) as some Mavs posters here look with their (the game was called perfectly nonsense).

No matter how much bitching you do, the series will remain 3-1. This series has not only brought out some Mavs trolls, but also brought out some whiny ass bitch made Spurs fans.

I had to witness first hand the job done on my Kings in game 6 against the Lakers, but I never ever bitched this much about it. You guys take the cake.

coachmac87
Ok then, I will give credit to Stackhouse for the gamewinner. :lol

man ur fuckin retarded...the game wasnt over... and yes i saw his game winner in game one

BgT
I'm talking about people like DubMcDum or whatever the hell his name is
It's DumbMcDumb, take a note.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Question for all you Mavs fans and trolls. After the Spurs won the first game how much bitching was there o Mavstalk or whatever that the game was badly reffed and the Mavs were screwed. Granted I know there's not much traffic there because there aren't many avid Mavs fans in Dallas, lots of last minute bandwagonners. Second question, how many Spurs fans came over to Mavtalk trolling like you do here? Third question. What does that say about you losers? Be honest becauce i peaked at Mavstalk after game one and know the answers.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:33 PM
It really is amazing how many Spurs fans on this forum are convinced that whatever they say is "the truth", and that their opinion on anything is the gospel.

I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm simply going to sit back and laugh at the arrogance of someone who thinks as highly of his own subjective perspective as you obviously do.

Enjoy the offseason.

:cry :cry

Poor baby.

jmard5
05-16-2006, 09:34 PM

Hey guys! PONkY here just admitted that the truth hurts! Thank you.

Now who's next to own up?

DubMcDub
It's DumbMcDumb, take a note.

Cunning wit. Very sharp.

ponky
The triumph of your life, undoubtedly.

Yes, I live and die with the Mavericks, I'm a die-hard fan and we've have had some tough times in prior seasons but we've finally gotten over the Spurs hump and we're only going to get better whatever happens after this series. I'm not afraid to admit this, your post does nothing to diminish how I feel despite it's sarcastic tone.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:35 PM
:cry :cry

Poor baby.

Apparently you failed to comprehend the post at all. Can't say I'm surprised.

KingsFanWithoutName
Second question, how many Spurs fans came over to Mavtalk trolling like you do here? Third question. What does that say about you losers? Be honest becauce i peaked at Mavstalk after game one and know the answers.Does your peaking make you a loser?

SpursWoman
Cunning wit. Very sharp.

Sorry, my "m" was just a typo that I just noticed. :lmao

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Mavs fans still so defensive in winning or losing. Integrity is always obvious.

SPARKY
Yes, I live and die with the Mavericks, I'm a die-hard fan and we've have had some tough times in prior seasons but we've finally gotten over the Spurs hump and we're only going to get better whatever happens after this series. I'm not afraid to admit this, your post does nothing to diminish how I feel despite it's sarcastic tone.

You have? You better hope that's the case.

jmard5

Enjoy the offseason.

I struck a nerve there, didn't I? :lol

People know that your wins were tainted.

The truth is out there. And "they" know it!

DDS4
05-16-2006, 09:37 PM

You haven't. Yet.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:37 PM

u see ur not over the hump yet.... there is still a game to play tomorrow.... mavs fan just dont want to face the fact...ur not winning a title.. u cant beat the heat or det..

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Apparently you failed to comprehend the post at all. Can't say I'm surprised.

Unfortunately for you, I understood your post rather clearly. For someone who's supposedly against arrogance and stupidity you manage to display both in large quantities in this forum.

So go ahead and run along now. As you said you would.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:39 PM
I struck a nerve there, didn't I? :lol

People know that your wins were tainted.

The truth is out there. And "they" know it!

It just keeps getting better. Comedy gold. :lol

mavsrule
05-16-2006, 09:39 PM
truth be told, It's human nature to blame failure on someone else...
Ever since Adam and Eve we have been blaming our mistakes on someone else.
Also nothing good lasts forever.... This could be the Spurs end of an excellent run and the begining of a Mavs one..... who knows, maybe the Spurs will come back and win, anything is possible... and if they do, you will find excuses being posted on mavs forums...

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
dubmcdub.....8----------->

^^thats his favorite toy

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately for you, I understood your post rather clearly. For someone who's supposedly against arrogance and stupidity you manage to display both in large quantities in this forum.

So go ahead and run along now. As you said you would.

I don't recall saying that.

All i recall is you bitching and whining and then, in your obviously emotional state, attempting to spin that into some scenario in which everyone else are actually the ones pouting.

Maybe I missed it, though.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 09:41 PM
coachmac87-

You are far worse than any Mavs troll here. Your responses are pathetically stupid and lacking humor. Take notice that no one ever replies to you. You are basically talking with yourself.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Question for all you Mavs fans and trolls. After the Spurs won the first game how much bitching was there o Mavstalk or whatever that the game was badly reffed and the Mavs were screwed. Granted I know there's not much traffic there because there aren't many avid Mavs fans in Dallas, lots of last minute bandwagonners. Second question, how many Spurs fans came over to Mavtalk trolling like you do here? Third question. What does that say about you losers? Be honest becauce i peaked at Mavstalk after game one and know the answers.

I can be honest about my response to this question. I was very pissed off because, at the time, I thought this was the Mavericks' best opportunity to take one in S.A. I was pissed about some foul calls, particularly the six quick fouls on our three centers all within the first quarter and all in favor of Duncan. BUT, and this is the crux of the matter, I NEVER blame the refs for a loss, I blame my team and the coach and the way they choked. The Mavericks had a good opportunity at the end of that game to win it and they didn't. I know Mavs people who like to blame the refs for an entire loss but that's just the easy way out and you will find a contingent of fans on every team who puts all the blame on the refs. Bad calls go both ways and with such a fast-paced game mistakes happen...they always even out in the end and the best team will play through it and find a way to win. In the first game we shot shitty at the FT line, I blame that as part of the reason why we lost, NEVER the refs.

Brutalis
Honestly speaking. IF Dallas makes it out of this series they will get a rude awakening from Detroit or Miami when they realize the refs aren't helping them anymore.

SequSpur
most of you are stupid.

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 09:43 PM
So that covers you and who else? :P

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't recall saying that.

All i recall is you bitching and whining and then, in your obviously emotional state, attempting to spin that into some scenario in which everyone else are actually the ones pouting.

Maybe I missed it, though.

Ah yes, everyone else is emotional and arrogant and you are the calm, rational individual here to save the day. Your conceit knows no bounds.

PS...I don't get emotional over messageboard conversations. That's your province, apparently.

Holmes_Fans
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
u see ur not over the hump yet.... there is still a game to play tomorrow.... mavs fan just dont want to face the fact...ur not winning a title.. u cant beat the heat or det..
And the spurs can? We went 1-1 against the pistons, won in a blowout and then lost by 7. Beat them twice in the preaseason aswell. Spurs went 0-2 both losses by 15+.

ponky
Honestly speaking. IF Dallas makes it out of this series they will get a rude awakening from Detroit or Miami when they realize the refs aren't helping them anymore.

Never you mind, you won't be there. I like how the conversations in the last 24 hours have turned away from this series to "The Pistons will get the Mavs anyway" as if that somehow makes your situation as a Spurs fan any better.

BgT
I'm a new guy here, obviously, so I'm looking for an easy way to get more vBookie cash. Is there a plan to offer "Dallas 05/06 NBA champs" bet? Pleaaase? :depressed

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:45 PM
And the spurs can? We went 1-1 against the pistons, won in a blowout and then lost by 7. Beat them twice in the preaseason aswell. Spurs went 0-2 both losses by 15+.

And don't forget, the close game we lost in Detroit, we didn't have Josh Howard or Devin Harris. That guy is talking about the HEAT?!?!?! HAhahahahaha, don't even waste my time.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Ah yes, everyone else is emotional and arrogant and you are the calm, rational individual here to save the day. Your conceit knows no bounds.

PS...I don't get emotional over messageboard conversations. That's your province, apparently.

Is it always this easy to get inside crybaby Spurs fans' heads?

I'm just curious, I don't wanna start an epidemic here.

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Never you mind, you won't be there. I like how the conversations in the last 24 hours have turned away from this series to "The Pistons will get the Mavs anyway" as if that somehow makes your situation as a Spurs fan any better.
make sense or a point and you'll get a clever reply- that simple.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM

dawg thats the regular season....and we played them in dec...and we matchup better with them anyways...weve played det in the finals before..and i never said we were going to beat them

frequency
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
diaf

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Is it always this easy to get inside crybaby Spurs fans' heads?

I'm just curious, I don't wanna start an epidemic here.

You haven't gotten inside anyone's head. Unfortunately for yourself, you've managed to put your conceited and arrogant self on display for all to see.

DubMcDub
make sense or a point and you'll get a clever reply- that simple.

His point was quite clear, you have just chosen to ignore it:

Spurs fans, in their obviously depressed and defeatist state, have already begun laying the groundwork for a possible moral victory of epic proportions if the Pistons beat the Mavericks in the finals.

And it's immensely pathetic.

pussyface
Little brothers? I don't know about you but I never got my ass beat by my little brother.

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
You haven't gotten inside anyone's head. Unfortunately for yourself, you've managed to put your conceited and arrogant self on display for all to see.

I'll take conceited and arrogant over renting out my headspace to rival posters on an internet message board any day. :lol

Brutalis

Spurs fans, in their obviously depressed and defeatist state, have already begun laying the groundwork for a possible moral victory of epic proportions if the Pistons beat the Mavericks in the finals.

Whatever assumptions you make are obviously based on your own fans history that re-occured 6 years in a row.

jmard5
I can be honest about my response to this question. I was very pissed off because, at the time, I thought this was the Mavericks' best opportunity to take one in S.A. I was pissed about some foul calls, particularly the six quick fouls on our three centers all within the first quarter and all in favor of Duncan. BUT, and this is the crux of the matter, I NEVER blame the refs for a loss, I blame my team and the coach and the way they choked. The Mavericks had a good opportunity at the end of that game to win it and they didn't. I know Mavs people who like to blame the refs for an entire loss but that's just the easy way out and you will find a contingent of fans on every team who puts all the blame on the refs. Bad calls go both ways and with such a fast-paced game mistakes happen...they always even out in the end and the best team will play through it and find a way to win. In the first game we shot shitty at the FT line, I blame that as part of the reason why we lost, NEVER the refs.

I understand your point. Yet, there are also questionable calls that can totally change the outcome of games (series) that needs addressing. I may understand if only Spurs fans see this as issues. This is not the case anymore.

LakerHater
Hey, I remember Mark Cuban running out on the court to cry to the refs then had the balls to cry some more on his stupid blog

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I understand your point. Yet, there are also questionable calls that can totally change the outcome of games (series) that needs addressing. I may understand if only Spurs fans see this as issues. This is not the case anymore.
word.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 09:51 PM

put it down on paper....spurs vs pistons in the finals...

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Whatever assumptions you make are obviously based on your own fans history that re-occured 6 years in a row.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Personally, I've rooted for the Spurs in each postseason the past 4-5 years after the Mavs have been eliminated.

I enjoy the team, the coach, and most of the fans. I've enjoyed the games I've gone to at AT&T (even Mavs losses) because the SA fans are so passionate.

It's the small minority of you who play sore loser and refuse to admit that your team got beat that sour the experience.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I'll take conceited and arrogant over renting out my headspace to rival posters on an internet message board any day. :lol

Ah yes, the conceited and arrogant seeking to fulfill in a messageboard what he cannot find in reality. Poor baby.

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
And don't forget, the close game we lost in Detroit, we didn't have Josh Howard or Devin Harris. That guy is talking about the HEAT?!?!?! HAhahahahaha, don't even waste my time.

Yeah...I don't get the Heat threat, either. As much as I love Dwayne Wade, Dallas would rip them a new asshole. :lol

Winnipeg_Spur
The Bowen call was the weakest call in the history of the NBA playoffs, why are Mavs fans suprised that Spurs fans don't appreciate being fucked by the refs? Or are there some Mav fans who actually think that was a good call?

DubMcDub
Ah yes, the conceited and arrogant seeking to fulfill in a messageboard what he cannot find in reality. Poor baby.

I'm renting out cheap space in this guy's head if anybody is interested.

trueD
05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm talking about people like DubMcDum or whatever the hell his name is, who contribute nothing but "waaahh waaah" spam posts all day long, as fast as they can register and crank them out. Who the fuck needs it?Interesting, anyone else catch how Dub totally ignores the poster with the mega post count and breasts?

Some arguments are easily won on female superiority alone!

Owned.

:elephant

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Unfunny and arrogant at the same time. Again.

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Personally, I've rooted for the Spurs in each postseason the past 4-5 years after the Mavs have been eliminated.

I enjoy the team, the coach, and most of the fans. I've enjoyed the games I've gone to at AT&T (even Mavs losses) because the SA fans are so passionate.

It's the small minority of you who play sore loser and refuse to admit that your team got beat that sour the experience.
You lost me at "I'm not sure what you mean."

Of course you do. You guys used to make claims at being "cheated" in the playoffs but never got media attention for it. Suddenly when it's apparent in this series and the media covers it for San Antonio, we see a million Mavs fans screaming "ohhh you can't accept this and that."

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Interesting, anyone else catch how Dub totally ignores the poster with the mega post count and breasts?

Some arguments are easily won on female superiority alone!

Owned.

:elephant

:lol :lol

TheBlueVan
05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
why would the nba be biased against the spurs? ya'll say theyre small market but they are the key to french, argentinian, and mexican markets... and why would that bias surface now?

all of us here now the spurs couldnt possibly lose 3 games to the mavericks with out the blatant and calculated help of the referees

jstackmvp
05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
It seems to me only the spur fans think they are gettin cheated in this series...everybody else.. det, sac, dallas fans, realize that the mavs are just BETTER! face it!! yall had a good run at the top now dallas is takin over!!

LakerHater
05-16-2006, 10:14 PM
It seems to me only the spur fans think they are gettin cheated in this series...everybody else.. det, sac, dallas fans, realize that the mavs are just BETTER! face it!! yall had a good run at the top now dallas is takin over!! well I don't know about taking over but, they are sure geting the better of us

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 10:30 PM

amen

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
You lost me at "I'm not sure what you mean."

Of course you do. You guys used to make claims at being "cheated" in the playoffs but never got media attention for it. Suddenly when it's apparent in this series and the media covers it for San Antonio, we see a million Mavs fans screaming "ohhh you can't accept this and that."

Congratulations on scattered media members here and there agreeing with you cry-baby fans that the refs jobbed you.

What is hilarious it that you cite those media members as confirming the "Truth" while simultaneously ignoring the thousands of media types who haven't said a word about the reffing.

Go read Steve Kerr's article on game 4. Count the number of references he makes to poor officitaing. Go read Dan Wetzel's column. Or Woody Paige's. Or Kevin Blackstone's.

For every media member you cite as believing that the refs screwed the Spurs, there are 3 or 4 who apparently don't subscribe to the same conspiracy theory.

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 10:33 PM
And? You must seriously bring it or not even waste our time.

Man up and win games without help, or with help and close it out. Whichever feels more respectable.