PDA

View Full Version : Suck it up Spurs Fans and Welcome to the New NBA

LakeShow
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Well partners, I have been a big fan of the NBA since the eighties and I have witnessed the NBA going down for the last 3 or 4 years. David Stern has ruined the game as I knew it. The NBA is a Joke! Nash as MVP? WTF,..the rule changes put in place to stop the officials from deciding games has made it even easier to control the outcome of games. I brought this up last season when the playoffs were beginning to look scripted. This season has been the worst season that I can remember. Nothing disturbs me more when watching a NBA game and a player is on defense guarding no one. That really bothers me, Man UP dammit! This no touch rule can be called on every possesion if the officials wanted to but it was implemented to protect the soft and weak euro lplayers of the league, So touch one of them and it's automatic! You can knock the hell out of Duncan, Kobe, James and Shaq and it's good defense. The Officiating has been inadequate but Spurs fans, just like Lakers fans should know that you have to play thru that. All of the bad calls and I will admit there were several, for and against, but you still had a chance to win. That's where the true Champions come through. Making the plays when the game is on the line. The spurs didn't make the plays and that is why they lost.

The Spurs used to be one of, if not the classiest organization in the league. As a lakers fan I never hated the Spurs team, players and fans and I thought Pop was the classiest, not only coach in the league, person in the league. Now I see all of these post crying foul and I realize it's not only the game changing, the fans are changing as well.....it's a new day. I hate to see you go out like that! You have to give the Mavs their props, they're playing good ball right now. You can't win them all. Even if you do not make it to the finals you've accomplished plenty.

Unfortunately you will go down in history with the other teams that no one remembers that failed to defend their title. :lol J/k, I had to give you a Lakers closing anything else would be uncivilized. :drunk

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
I can live with the banging, tough interior non-calls if they wouldn't call that stupid hand check immediately after.

I also hate the fact that you don't have to be set to take a charge. And why have the semi-circle when officials still don't know how to use it?

Sadly, I could go on and on, as can the rest of you in here...