PDA

View Full Version : Credible theory of fix in this series:

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I think that Mark Cuban's recent $200,000 fine for criticizing the refs was in fact a payoff, money laundering if you will. The Mavs are getting the benefit of the some of the worst calls and poor officiating in the history of the NBA playoffs. In games 3 ond 4 one of the Spurs' big three fouls out on a horrible call at a critical juncture of the fourth quarter. The Mavs also either won the game or tied the game on Dirk getting to the FT line on horrible calls, when usually in the playoffs, there would be no whistle at all, in similar circumstances of the past. Dallas and AJ have found out that all they need to do to get to the line is to lower their heads and jump into the closest Spur and the refs bail them out.

I can come up with no other explaination, other than a Cuban fixing.

Stern was even at game 4, just to make sure the refs did exactly what they had been told.

I demand an investigation!!!!

johnut32
05-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Let me guess, you're an aggie.

SA210
05-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Me too. How do we get this started?

101A
05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
$200K ???

I can put together that kind of cash.

Can I buy the series?

picnroll
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Word has it Stern turned down the offer of sex too.

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Let me guess, you're an aggie.

Nope

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Word has it Stern turned down the offer of sex too.

Who would want Cuban sex?

*shudder*

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Me too. How do we get this started?

First we have to get someone on the inside to leak the evidence.

Need a Deepthroat....who can that be?*

*cue on jokes

SA210
05-17-2006, 11:46 AM
torcher Bavetta maybe?

George W Bush
05-17-2006, 11:47 AM
torcher Bavetta maybe?

That can be arranged.

God Bless the playoffs. :tu

NoMoneyDown
05-17-2006, 11:49 AM
First we have to get someone on the inside to leak the evidence.

Need a Deepthroat....who can that be?*

*cue on jokes

I heard that gorilla mascot has an inside track to the NBA "suits" and can be bought easily.

DarrinS
05-17-2006, 11:49 AM
That can be arranged.

God Bless the playoffs. :tu

Tale your political crap elsewhere.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I think that Mark Cuban's recent $200,000 fine for criticizing the refs was in fact a payoff, money laundering if you will. The Mavs are getting the benefit of the some of the worst calls and poor officiating in the history of the NBA playoffs. In games 3 ond 4 one of the Spurs' big three fouls out on a horrible call at a critical juncture of the fourth quarter. The Mavs also either won the game or tied the game on Dirk getting to the FT line on horrible calls, when usually in the playoffs, there would be no whistle at all, in similar circumstances of the past. Dallas and AJ have found out that all they need to do to get to the line is to lower their heads and jump into the closest Spur and the refs bail them out.

Stern was even at game 4, just to make sure the refs did exactly what they had been told.

I demand an investigation!!!!Put this shit in the venting thread you fucking moron. You spam these boards with your conspiracy theories more than the Mavs trolls spam these boards. Stop watching the fucking NBA if this is what you truly believe. You are a disgrace to Spurs fans.

JohnMcClane
05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I have the reason why Spurs fans think the fix is in AND why the Mavs Seem to finally getting respect from the officials..

It's very simple. The Spurs have become the old Mavs.. and the Mavs have become the Spurs.

The Spurs have been forced to play small ball against the Mavs to matchup with Dirk Nowitzki -- as Pop actually said in game 4s post game press conference. Meanwhile.. the Mavs are relying more on bigs like Damp and Diop than recent years. the Mavs are also attacking the basket on every play rather than shooting jumpers.

So not only do the Mavs look like the more physically dominant team but at the same time they have more and better penetrators attacking the basket and what's rule number 1 in the NBA? The agressors get the calls.

Having said that though.. I honestly think the Spurs have still gotten the edge in officiating because they are the defending Champs. If you weren't the defending champs this series would be a blowout to this point.. like game 2.

It's all about the style Pop is playing. Duncan plus 4 guards creates an image of weakness for the Spurs. And this is why the Mavs are finally getting some respect.. which is a shock to the system of Spurs fans.

the other even bigger problem is the way the teams are gameplanning against each others stars..

Popovich is trying to force Dirk's supporting cast to beat the Spurs..

Avery is basically single covering Duncan and forcing Duncan to try to beat the Mavs..

These 2 game plans reinforce the image that the Spurs are tired and weak... while making the Mavs look like a great team.. because Dirk is still getting his numbers even with all the defensive coverage... AND because of Avery's gameplan the Spurs look like a one-man-team.. and for some reason Duncan isn't able to force the Mavs to double team him aggressively enough.

The Mavs can live with 30 points from Duncan. On the other hand.. if the Spurs were playing Dirk as passive defensively as the Mavs are playing Duncan, Dirk would probably score 50 points per game. So this might be why both teams are doing what they are doing.

So again.. this creates an image of weakness on the Spurs part. The Mavs look like the deepest team in the league.. and the Spurs look like a one-man-team that is old and dog-tired. Which makes the refs give the Mavs respect because the Mavs look like the far better team.

picnroll
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Another Mav cretin with the urge for attention getting thread creation.

DON"T FEED THE TROLL. DON"T RESPOND.

DarrinS
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I was honestly reading your post, up until this statement...

Having said that though.. I honestly think the Spurs have still gotten the edge in officiating because they are the defending Champs. If you weren't the defending champs this series would be a blowout to this point.. like game 2.

This series SHOULD BE 2-2, and, possibly 3-1 Spurs.

clubalien
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't know if ya'll have seen the move boston pride. They end up kidnapping a player.

Has anyone thought of either
kidnaping
Dirk so he annot play
kidnapping POp so he cannot coach
or maybe having the bad refs disapear
If they knew we stole the refs the other refs would call bd things on us. however if they just disapeared the new refs would likely call a good game.

Spurs pride baby! just win!

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't know if ya'll have seen the move boston pride. They end up kidnapping a player.

kidnaping
Dirk so he annot play
kidnapping POp so he cannot coach
or maybe having the bad refs disapear
If they knew we stole the refs the other refs would call bd things on us. however if they just disapeared the new refs would likely call a good game.

Spurs pride baby! just win!

I think Spurstalk has just hit a new low with that post.

SPARKY
05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Nowitzki received 46 trips to the line in Games 2-4. Don't talk to me about how the Spurs have received 'the Champion's benefit' of the whistle.

ducks
05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
troll forum

mouse
05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
The only Fix that is in? Is the Fix Peter Holt will have to do to the Spurs wagon after everyone dives off :lmao

JohnMcClane
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I was honestly reading your post, up until this statement...

This series SHOULD BE 2-2, and, possibly 3-1 Spurs.

Just look at game 1.. the way Bowen was playing Dirk. There is no way that should be legal. Then look at the calls Duncan was getting on our bigs in that game.

That's championship respect.

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I think the complaints of Spur fans and Charles Barkley have come through loud and clear to Stern's office. I expect a much more closely, if not in the Spur's favor, called game tonight by the officials.

SA210
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I think the complaints of Spur fans and Charles Barkley have come through loud and clear to Stern's office. I expect a much more closely, if not in the Spur's favor, called game tonight by the officials.
I hope it's called right today,
If the refs Still call a ridiculous game For the Mavs, what then?

A-Train
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Bowen has been on the NBA's All-Defensive team for the last 5 seasons or whatever.

Dampier? Diop?

KingsFanWithoutName
I think the complaints of Spur fans and Charles Barkley have come through loud and clear to Stern's office. I expect a much more closely, if not in the Spur's favor, called game tonight by the officials. :lol Yeah, that sounds fair and all. :lol

mouse

kidnaping
Dirk so he annot play

How are you going to fit Dirk in a 1972 Impala? :lmao

NoMoneyDown
05-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Just look at game 1.. the way Bowen was playing Dirk. There is no way that should be legal. Then look at the calls Duncan was getting on our bigs in that game.

Okay. 1 game for the Mavs vs. 2 for the Spurs. Series should be 2-2 then.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Buck Harvey: Heart of a champion? Something to believe

Web Posted: 05/17/2006 12:00 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...s.178079f5.html

I believe bad calls happen to good people.

I believe Mark Cuban had nothing to do with either game in Dallas. He doesn't intimidate refs; he irritates them. If anything, the officials should want to make sure they don't have to see Cuban in another round.

JohnMcClane
05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Bowen has been on the NBA's All-Defensive team for the last 5 seasons or whatever.

Dampier? Diop?

So Bowen should be able to foul an MVP candidate while Diop and Damp get called for breathing on Duncan?

Also.. you have to remember.. Dirk was an MVP candidate this season.. in actuality Dirk was the MVP.

While Duncan was carried by the Spurs team.. yet Duncan gets far more respect form officials than Dirk? How does that work?

You have the same situation with Shaq.. he slacked this season and the refs clearly called him differently because of it.. so why not Duncan?

No one should ever get away with what Bowen does.. especially against the league MVP. Dirk doesn't practice all those freethrows for nothing.

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2006, 12:41 PM
how about we throw money at REFS too.....

campaign...instead of noise makers and t shirts att center should hand out loads of fake cash so we can drop them a dime or two

NoMoneyDown
05-17-2006, 12:41 PM
SNo one should ever get awya with what Bowen does..

Gasp! A conspiracy???

mabber
05-17-2006, 12:42 PM
So Bowne should be able to foul an MVP candidate while Diop and Damp get called for breahting on Duncan?

Also.. you have to remember.. Dirk was an MVP candidate this season.. in actuality Dirk was the MVP.

While Duncan was carried by the Spurs team.. yet Duncan gets far more respect form officials than Dirk? How does that work?

You have the same situation with Shaq.. he slacked this season and the refs clearly called him differently because of it.. so why not Duncan?

No one should ever get awya with what Bowen does.. especially against the league MVP. Dirk doesn't practice all those freethrows for nothing.

Dude, why even waste your time making points from the other side?

SA210

campaign...instead of noise makers and t shirts att center should hand out loads of fake cash so we can drop them a dime or two
I like it. :lol

JohnMcClane
Okay. 1 game for the Mavs vs. 2 for the Spurs. Series should be 2-2 then.

No.. because the other games were just called more fairly. But I still think the Spurs get the benefit of the doubt 70 percent of the time. But as I said.. the Mavs have finally gotten a little respect at times for the reasons I state.

ICE3000
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM

Yalls "bigs" you cant be serious

A-Train
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
So Bowen should be able to foul an MVP candidate while Diop and Damp get called for breathing on Duncan?

No one should ever get away with what Bowen does.. especially against the league MVP. Dirk doesn't practice all those freethrows for nothing.

It should be expected that Bowen can play better defense on a "MVP candidate" than DampierDiop.

pussyface
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
JimCS you have lost any shred of dignity/credibility with this thread. i cannot believe i'm going to dignify your affront to rational thought with a serious reply, but how do you reconcile your far-flung masturbatory theory with the fact that Dallas has been called incorrectly for fouls in the final minutes of games as well (Ex: Howard blocks Manu in Game 3). Officiating is typically spotty in the NBA. We just haven't been getting the bounces, or whistles as it were.

In other news, George Bush didn't bomb the world trade center and the illuminatti do not control world events.

NoMoneyDown
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
No.. because the other games were just called more fairly. But I still think the Spurs get the benefit of the doubt 70 percent of the time. But as I said.. the Mavs have finally gotten a little respect at times for the reasons I state.

I think the correct terminology is "evenly" as opposed to "fairly". And you need to add "... until the last 1-3 minutes of the game." to the end of the sentence.

2centsworth
05-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't want any bogus calls in the spurs favor either. Just call the games right.

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 12:46 PM
JimCS you have lost any shred of dignity/credibility with this thread.

I had credibility before?????

:elephant

pussyface
05-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Life is not a Jerry Bruchheimed movie...your notion of David Stern personally attending the game to "ensure the fix" is straight out of Hollywood (Naked Gun?).

Also, the details such as the $200,000 bribe from Cuban. The NBA sells its integrity for the amount it makes from advertising during one commercial brake during the finals. Also, the idea that this payment would be done publically is laughable.

Again...not that you idea is worthy of serious consideration, but it was tough to resist.

LEONARD
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Yalls "bigs" you cant be serious

What should we call our center rotation that helped get the Mavs to 60 wins and a 3-1 lead on the Spurs while helping change the defensive mindset of the team then??

They're not the greatest 1 on 1 players in the world, but you can't deny that they have a lot to do with the Mavs TEAM success...

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I hope it's called right today,
If the refs Still call a ridiculous game For the Mavs, what then?

It's the league's credibility on the line here, and were talking a multi-billion dollar enterprise. I just don't see how the league can still back and not take a more proactive stance towards all the complaints. If they do then Stern is a worse commissioner than I ever thought.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Jimsc50-

Why do you bother creating more threads about this shit???

How many is this for you now? 3......5................10....20??????

Post this shit in the fucking thread designated for it. I'd actually like to read about the series and now I have to search through 100's of these same type threads. Do us all a favor and stop creating new threads. You are worse than the Mavs trolls.

picnroll
05-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Spurs need a skit with the Coyote in a Mav's shirt and a Cuban wig doing the pay the ref off bit before the game.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Life is not a Jerry Bruchheimed movie...your notion of David Stern personally attending the game to "ensure the fix" is straight out of Hollywood (Naked Gun?).

Also, the details such as the $200,000 bribe from Cuban. The NBA sells its integrity for the amount it makes from advertising during one commercial brake during the finals. Also, the idea that this payment would be done publically is laughable.

Again...not that you idea is worthy of serious consideration, but it was tough to resist.
Buck Harvey: Heart of a champion? Something to believe

Web Posted: 05/17/2006 12:00 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...s.178079f5.html

I believe bad calls happen to good people.

I believe Mark Cuban had nothing to do with either game in Dallas. He doesn't intimidate refs; he irritates them. If anything, the officials should want to make sure they don't have to see Cuban in another round.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Spurs need a skit with the Coyote in a Mav's shirt and a Cuban wig doing the pay the ref off bit before the game.If anything, the officials should want to make sure they don't have to see Cuban in another round.

Jimcs50

You're an idiot.

I guess you need the little :spin so you can tell that this was done tongue in cheek....oh, that means that I was being facetious...in case you do not know what that means either....numbnuts.

picnroll
No.. because the other games were just called more fairly. But I still think the Spurs get the benefit of the doubt 70 percent of the time. But as I said.. the Mavs have finally gotten a little respect at times for the reasons I state. So Spurs get benefit of the doubt and Mavs get respect. :lol

LilMissSPURfect
I don't want any bogus calls in the spurs favor either. Just call the games right.

thats all we want! dang it kills me....if they want a championship COME and get it....thats what the mentality should be...

not
if they whine about it...lets GIVE it to them!!!!! MAVs haven't won shit!@

picnroll
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
It's the league's credibility on the line here, and were talking a multi-billion dollar enterprise. I just don't see how the league can still back and not take a more proactive stance towards all the complaints. If they do then Stern is a worse commissioner than I ever thought. That's the way I see it. This series is already a joke in much of the medias' eyes. I worry about game six and a reversion to form.

SA210
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
It's the league's credibility on the line here, and were talking a multi-billion dollar enterprise. I just don't see how the league can still back and not take a more proactive stance towards all the complaints. If they do then Stern is a worse commissioner than I ever thought.
I just think that while fans may care now for a liitle bit, that after the series is over and the Finals come around, that the complaints are not on TV and people have moved on.

People will bring it up every now and again like they do the LA/Sac series still, but in the end the Commissioner got what he wanted and We are in the past. Don't you think that's how it is?

That's why I think an investigation should be done. That kind of publicity I think would work.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-17-2006, 12:57 PM
That's why I think an investigation should be done. That kind of publicity I think would work.
You should seriously stop watching the NBA. Go start your fucking investigation.............please. It will allow us to not have to read any more of your whiny fucking posts. Please come back and tell us what your investigation has uncovered, and don't forget your flashlight and your decoder badge.

rr2418
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM

The way Bowen was playing Dirk was just good ol' fashion defense! That's something this league isn't used to anymore. Isn't it something that after AJ's comments about Bowen, he can't even look in Dirk's direction b/c a foul will be called? Dirk flops almost all the time. That's one thing I've noticed about the Mavs players, they initiate contact just like Dirk did to Duncan when Dirk sprained his ankle, they make all these gyrations, their arms flying everywhere, and the freaking refs buy that! That's not being aggressive, that's not even basketball. That's play acting and trying to get a call.

The NBA is becoming like wrestling, it's scripted. It's seems the league knows the Spurs should win the series, so they make calls in favor of the Mavs. If the Spurs shoot the lights out and win, oh well, the refs tried. If the Mavs win, mission accomplished!

Sasha
05-17-2006, 02:06 PM
.. and the Mavs have become the Spurs.

In your dreams. :elephant

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2006, 02:14 PM

Do you really think a PO fix would only cost 200k?

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Do you really think a PO fix would only cost 200k?

Actually, that was just the first installment...look for the rest to come every month for 2 yrs.

JohnMcClane
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
The way Bowen was playing Dirk was just good ol' fashion defense! That's something this league isn't used to anymore.

That's my point though.. look at the stuff they call on Dampier and Diop.. these guys even breath on Duncan and they get a foul on an and1. It can't just work one way..after all, Dirk did have a much much better season than duncan.. if anyone deserves cheap calls it's Dirk not Duncan.

Isn't it something that after AJ's comments about Bowen, he can't even look in Dirk's direction b/c a foul will be called? Dirk flops almost all the time.

He has to.. otherwise he won't get calls. You don't seem to understand how uderrated Dirk is. White guys in the NBA don't get many calls.

That's one thing I've noticed about the Mavs players, they initiate contact just like Dirk did to Duncan when Dirk sprained his ankle, they make all these gyrations, their arms flying everywhere, and the freaking refs buy that! That's not being aggressive, that's not even basketball. That's play acting and trying to get a call.

And Ginobli doesn't? Come on..

The NBA is becoming like wrestling, it's scripted. It's seems the league knows the Spurs should win the series, so they make calls in favor of the Mavs. If the Spurs shoot the lights out and win, oh well, the refs tried. If the Mavs win, mission accomplished!

I do think the refs try to make series go long in certain situations. But having said that.. they also favor previous champions.

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
http://www.arab-today.com/images/cox_bribes_referee.jpg

~Sweetmelody~
05-17-2006, 03:24 PM

:lol
:lol

SA Gunslinger
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I hope this is a joke.

I don't know if there is a conspiracy per say, but there is definitely some fishy things going on. But $200K isn't enough money to fix anything.

There was an interesting fact that was given in game four. Correct me if I'm wrong but only four players have hit 20 or more free throws in a playoff game. Bob Cousy, MJ (twice), Karl Malone, and now Dirk. Not even Larry Bird was given as much charity as the 7 foot vagina. That speaks volumes when you start putting some of the numbers into historical context for the last two games.