PDA

View Full Version : Under there! Under where? Underwear!

ashbeeigh
05-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Here's some useless facts for y'alls enjoyment from my useless facts community on livejournal:

Underwear Facts

Percentage of Men who...
Prefer Boxers: 25%
Prefer Briefs: 32%
Prefer Boxer Briefs: 28%
Prefer Thongs: 4%
Prefer Other Styles: 4%
Prefer to Wear Nothing: 7%

Percentage of Women who...
Prefer Panties: 49%
Prefer Thongs: 28%
Boyshorts: 13%
Prefer Other Styles: 4%
Prefer to Wear Nothing: 6%
*Based on a sample size of 20,000

· In 1991, the average bra size in the United States was 34B; today it's 36C.

· Married men change their underwear twice as often as single men.

· Italians wear red, Argentineans wear pink, and Brazilians wear brand new underwear on New Years Eve

· The loincloth is both the simplest and the most popular form of underwear. It was probably the first undergarment worn by human beings.

· Bras did not exist until 1913 when Mary Phelps Jacob tied two handkerchiefs together with ribbon. In 1928, Maidenform introduced modern cup sizes.

· In 1935, the first men's briefs appeared. They had a Y-shaped front and overlapping fly on knitted drawers and came in both short and long styles.

· Panty hose, which combined panties and hose into one garment, made their first appearance in 1959, invented by Glen Raven Mills of North Carolina. The company later introduced seamless panty hose in the 1965, spurred by the popularity of the miniskirt.

· The thong first gained popularity in Brazil, in the 1980s as a swimsuit style. By the 1990s, thong underwear became popular and today it is one of the fastest selling styles.

atxrocker
05-17-2006, 11:49 AM
boxers or boxer briefs for me thanks

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I wonder who the 4% of men are who like to wear thongs. In all my days of playing sports and being in locker rooms I've never seen a man who wears a thong. My guess is that 4% of the men were confused and thought they were being asked what they like a woman to wear.

John Doe
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Foreigners, it's gotta be the foreigners!

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I like guys in boxers, briefs aren't really a turn on for me.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 12:24 PM

*Note to self. Go buy some boxers and throw out the briefs, ASAP.*

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2006, 12:25 PM
In 1991, the average bra size in the United States was 34B; today it's 36C.

more proof that america is gettign fatter.
wider expanding rib cage = larger band size
more body fat even in the boobs = larger cup size.

if boobs were just getting bigger than the new avg. bra size would be a 34C.. not a 36.

desflood
05-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I wonder if that b*st*rd who thought up pantyhose is still alive. I'd like to go kick his ass.

Gatita
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
more proof that america is gettign fatter.
wider expanding rib cage = larger band size
more body fat even in the boobs = larger cup size.

if boobs were just getting bigger than the new avg. bra size would be a 34C.. not a 36.

I got more fat then that.... :depressed

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
*Note to self. Go buy some boxers and throw out the briefs, ASAP.*

:oops Umm...I meant except for on you of course. :makeout

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 12:31 PM
I wonder if that b*st*rd who thought up pantyhose is still alive. I'd like to go kick his ass.

:lol While you're there, I'd like to thank the guy who came up with Knee Highs as a replacement.

Jekka
05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
:lol While you're there, I'd like to thank the guy who came up with Knee Highs as a replacement.

Knee highs are alright, but thigh highs are better :)

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
^:tu I put them in the same category. :)

MannyIsGod
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I really don't like thigh highs all that much. I prefer to wear knee highs myself.

TOP-CHERRY
05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Boyshorts are the best. And they look so damn cute.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I really don't like thigh highs all that much. I prefer to wear knee highs myself.

And a thong I'll bet. . .you sick bastard!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Boyshorts are the best. And they look so damn cute.

Boyshorts are definitely Chopper approved! :tu

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2006, 01:04 PM

wouldn't it be sweet justice if he had been strangles by a pair? :lol

Gatita
05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
wouldn't it be sweet justice if he had been strangled by a pair? :lol

:lol

KEDA
05-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Boxers here!

sometimes I go commando, but I save that for the GTGs!

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Boyshorts are definitely Chopper approved! :tu

*Note to self. Go buy some boy shorts and throw out the panties, ASAP.*

Vashner
05-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Got to support those hanging chads.. I mean hanging nads.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 02:45 PM
*Note to self. Go buy some boy shorts and throw out the panties, ASAP.*

:lol Except on you my dear. . .of course!! :makeout :lol

Vizzini
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I wonder who the 4% of men are who like to wear thongs. In all my days of playing sports and being in locker rooms I've never seen a man who wears a thong. My guess is that 4% of the men were confused and thought they were being asked what they like a woman to wear.

Not so fast... I have a couple of friends who bought thongs for some party/ crazy joke thing, and have worn them since. How do I know? Well, funny you should ask. We have a semi-annual tradition among my friends of pulling an "Iron Man" An Iron Man is an event in which all the members in the car of the person that called for the Iron Man must strip down to their underwear, no socks, no hats, and ride home with the windows rolled down. Not that big of a deal, expcept for the fact that we only call for in Iron Man in January of February, in Michigan, and it is only done at night, which means the average temperature is around 15 degrees. You freeze your ass off. Well, one winter a few years ago, someone called for an Iron Man, and I found that both of my friends, unbeknownst to each other, were actually wearing their thongs. It was a helluva sight, one that I hope I never have to re-live. When questioned about why they wear their thongs, they stated it was a comfort thing. I decided not to ask any further questions.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Not so fast... I have a couple of friends who bought thongs for some party/ crazy joke thing, and have worn them since. How do I know? Well, funny you should ask. We have a semi-annual tradition among my friends of pulling an "Iron Man" An Iron Man is an event in which all the members in the car of the person that called for the Iron Man must strip down to their underwear, no socks, no hats, and ride home with the windows rolled down. Not that big of a deal, expcept for the fact that we only call for in Iron Man in January of February, in Michigan, and it is only done at night, which means the average temperature is around 15 degrees. You freeze your ass off. Well, one winter a few years ago, someone called for an Iron Man, and I found that both of my friends, unbeknownst to each other, were actually wearing their thongs. It was a helluva sight, one that I hope I never have to re-live. When questioned about why they wear their thongs, they stated it was a comfort thing. I decided not to ask any further questions.

Does anyone own a dog? Has that dog ever eaten a bunch of grass, or perhaps a chicken bone and then, late at night, you hear him or her making this awful heaving sound from the corner of your room as he pukes all over your italian tile floor?

I'm doing that right now.

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
:lmao

SpursWoman
05-17-2006, 03:18 PM

I really don't care. It's not like I'm getting him 1/2 naked and then just stop. WTF? :lol

NASpurs
05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Banana hammocks are the way to go :tu

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
I really don't care. It's not like I'm getting him 1/2 naked and then just stop. WTF? :lol

:lmao :lmao Ok, maybe that came out wrong. Maybe I should have phrased it, "I think guys look hotter in Boxer shorts, than briefs"

Melmart1
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
When I think of briefs on a male, I think of underoos. They just seem like they are for little boys. But doesn't matter, he hopefully wouldn't be wearing them long anyways. It's panties or boyshorts for me personally. I just can't do a thong. No butt floss for me.

John Doe
05-17-2006, 04:44 PM
They may not look good but they keep the boys snug!

Carie
05-17-2006, 04:58 PM
· Married men change their underwear twice as often as single men.
WTH? Ewwwwwwwwwwww!