PDA

View Full Version : TD on Dirk

mgtptdmvp
05-17-2006, 02:43 PM
why not put TD on dirk and insert rasho or nazr into the lineup and go with what got us to this point. I know dirk is a tough guard for any big man but dont you think that the 2 time mvp can stop that chump atleast 50% of the time as long as he doesnt get off his feet he can stay out of foul trouble just guard him straight up and let him shoot over him. we are scrambling around too much and if you notice dirk is mostly shooting(and asking for the ball) at the top of the key. with tim guarding dirk we have:

Tim-dirk
Bruce-howard
Tony-harris
Rash/Nazr-diop
Fin/Barry/Manu-terry
NO NEED TO DOUBLE TEAM

just guard them straight up, and if they want to attack Tim then let them put the pressure on dirk and forget about the other mavs. as long as tim could remember to not go for pump fakes he will be fine with fouls, obviously right now Tim is patrolling the whole floor so he can move well so it shouldnt be tough for him to move laterally agains dirk.

fuck dirk and fuck the mavs and them sorry ass overpaid refs they are taking the sting out of these great playoffs games.
AND YES I am a bias SPURS FAN SOO WHAT!!!

NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER GO SPURS GO!!!!

JL

Shank
05-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Echo, echo, echo, echo...

DuncanInYourFace
05-17-2006, 02:44 PM
problem is Dirk is treated like the 2nd coming of Jordan by the officials and Duncan would be in foul trouble

Kori Ellis
05-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Pop addressed that yesterday on the Pop Show.

It's not a good matchup and if the game is called "tight" Duncan would likely foul out.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I think you can go to Duncan on Dirk late in a game if the need arises.

Kori Ellis
05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I think you can go to Duncan on Dirk late in a game if the need arises.

Sure. I think that's already happened in this series. He can definitely guard him in stretches.

degenerate_gambler
05-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Sure. I think that's already happened in this series. He can definitely guard him in stretches.

Stretches yes. Over the course of a game, no way.

A Duncan that's consistently 20-25 ft. away from the basket on defense is a bad, bad thing.

mgtptdmvp
05-17-2006, 02:55 PM
okay, let duncan play dirk as if he was playing Amare Stat, if dirk wants to be agressive and score 35 pts...cool... he is getting near that now but where we are loosing the battle is with the other Mavs and there continous layup drills so we need another big defender down there. Game 3 when horry was playing, horry was falling for pump fakes and he got in quick foul trouble but horry is not duncan! and if duncan can just limit dirks drives and make him shoot over him then thats okay because you know the mavs will be overly focus on trying out that match up. if dirk is not hitting over duncan then the mavs are fucked because bowen will abuse howard and stackhouse(he has been big)!!! AND SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT DEVIN HARRIS ON HIS ASS I AM TIRED OF THAT FUCKEN BABOON.

JohnMcClane
05-17-2006, 03:04 PM
The other problem is that it would tire Duncan out.. and with Avery's gameplan of forcing Duncan to beat the Mavs on offense and stopping Duncan's supporting cast Duncan would be responsible for everything.. he would be dead tired in no time.

JohnMcClane
05-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Stretches yes. Over the course of a game, no way.

A Duncan that's consistently 20-25 ft. away from the basket on defense is a bad, bad thing.

That's true.. it would kill your rebounding as well.

SA Gunslinger
05-17-2006, 03:12 PM
It's small ball, folks. And if you watch the 4th Qtr of game four again, you will see it's beginning to work.

degenerate_gambler
05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
It's small ball, folks. And if you watch the 4th Qtr of game four again, you will see it's beginning to work.

Hell yes it's gonna work. The Spurs are notorious for gradually wearing their opponents down over the course of a series. We are about to see this play out again in this series.

What I saw in that 4th qtr was _allas players resorting to taking jump shots because the path to the lane was not wide ass open as in Game 3 and the first half of Game 4. Offensively, SA just broke Mav player down by spreading the floor and running it through TD.

This shit is getting good now! Being on the brink like this is kinda fun...it's different. I dig it.

cherylsteele
05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
And we lost....now we are down 3-1 because of it.
We played big in game 1 and won.

Playing big got the best record in the West and now we change? We are defending champions and we are reacting like they have been champs when they have never been to finals at all.

mabber
05-17-2006, 03:27 PM
It seems to be me that Finley seems to do a decent job covering Dirk for short periods of time. I don't have any stats to back this up but it just seems that Dirk has not done much when Finley was on him. I know I've been surprised by this cuz I never considered Finley that good of a defender when he was in Dallas.

pache100
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
I never considered Finley that good of a defender when he was in Dallas.

He wasn't. Nobody in dallas was a defender of any kind when Finley was playing there (with the possible exception of the last few games of last season).

ctpsb
05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
okay, let duncan play dirk as if he was playing Amare Stat, if dirk wants to be agressive and score 35 pts...cool... he is getting near that now but where we are loosing the battle is with the other Mavs and there continous layup drills so we need another big defender down there. Game 3 when horry was playing, horry was falling for pump fakes and he got in quick foul trouble but horry is not duncan! and if duncan can just limit dirks drives and make him shoot over him then thats okay because you know the mavs will be overly focus on trying out that match up. if dirk is not hitting over duncan then the mavs are fucked because bowen will abuse howard and stackhouse(he has been big)!!! AND SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT DEVIN HARRIS ON HIS ASS I AM TIRED OF THAT FUCKEN BABOON.

That is a good point!! Play him like Amare. Tim doesn't have to full court press Dirk in the backcourt.

SA Gunslinger
05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
And we lost....now we are down 3-1 because of it.
We played big in game 1 and won.

Playing big got the best record in the West and now we change? We are defending champions and we are reacting like they have been champs when they have never been to finals at all.

The way the refs are calling fouls on Dirk, TD would be strapped with foul trouble the entire series. He fouled out in game two and it's no coincidence that was the game the Mavs blew us out. Nazr and Rasho cannot matchup against the Mavs unless Dirk is out of the game.

Dirk Nowitzki became only the fourth player in NBA history to sink over 20 free throws in a playoff game. The other three were Cousy, MJ, and Karl Malone.

DubMcDub
05-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Good suggestion, especially considering that we saw how well Duncan defended the fadeaway of the 6'2" Jason Terry :lol.

blaze89
05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I never knew Amare Stadamire (sp) was a jump shooter.

The problem I see in going big is that the Spurs don't have that athletic C or PF cause it's speed that's been killing us. Adrain Griffin has been replaced by Devin Harris since game 1.

Dirk41MVP
05-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I dont really get this moron suggestions, you say you want to go bigger to defend the paint, yet you are putting your best rebounder and your best defender on Dirk ON THE PERIMETER ?.

You are a bounch of morons, dirk will stretch the defense out and duncan will be nowhere near the basket to get rebounds and protect the lane, and imagine if Duncan is not stopping our layup fest, do you think Nazr or rasho would do a better job than duncan ?. LOL gimme and yourself a break, this is stupidity at its max level

BIG BALL WILL NOT WORK FOR YOUR DAMN TEAM !!! GIVE IT THE FUCK UP !!, obviously y'all dont know anything about b-ball. wow

DarrinS
05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
BIG BALL WILL NOT WORK FOR YOUR DAMN TEAM !!! GIVE IT THE FUCK UP !!, obviously y'all dont know anything about b-ball. wow

If you put your ear up to Mark Cuban's trophy case, you can hear the ocean.

mavsfan1000
05-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Duncan on the perimeter= an even easier way to get to the basket. Duncan>Mohammad in the interior.

ndnjumpman
05-17-2006, 05:23 PM
can yall seriously drop "cuban paid the refs" crap its driving me insane...anything the mavs do good at you blame mark cuban because he has so much money..

ndnjumpman
05-17-2006, 05:26 PM
If you put your ear up to Mark Cuban's trophy case, you can hear the ocean.

i cant wait until the mavs get the championship cuz then theyll show you guys they are foreal after we win whats yalls excuse ... "CUBAN PAID THEM"??? i wanna see what yall have to say after that