PDA

View Full Version : Prediction:Refs will call game 5 for Spurs

wildbill2u
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I predict the refs will call game 5 favorablyb for the
Spurs, showing they don't have any bias--but knowing it's not likely the Spurs can win three in a row.

So the NBA and the TV guys get an extra payday and naive fans think this 'make up' is for real.

rayray2k8
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Whatever happened to having the PLAYERS decide who wins.

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM

What are you talking about? If DUNCAN (The PLAYER) made the free throw, Spurs won that game. Quit whining about the ref :depressed

pache100
05-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Quit whining about the ref :depressed

How 'bout you quit whining about the whining? :princess

Winnipeg_Spur
05-17-2006, 03:18 PM
What are you talking about? If DUNCAN (The PLAYER) made the free throw, Spurs won that game. Quit whining about the ref :depressed
What the fuck are you talking about?

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 03:21 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

You know what I'm talking about. If Duncan made that free throw, if Spurs didnt make that stupid turnover close at the end of the game, the outcome will be different. So don't blame the ref.

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
How 'bout you quit whining about the whining? :princess

weak :drunk

Winnipeg_Spur
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
You know what I'm talking about. If Duncan made that free throw, if Spurs didnt make that stupid turnover close at the end of the game, the outcome will be different. So don't blame the ref.
He went 7-8 for the game which is pretty good, and if he had made that they just would've called another delay of game on the Spurs after the Bowen foul. :lol

You know what else would've made the outcome different? If the refs didn't call a bullshit foul with 8.5 seconds left.

pache100
05-17-2006, 03:31 PM
weak :drunk

If you take a moment...and stop and think about where you are...and who you are...it wouldn't seem so weak. And, I'm dead serious about that.

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Ref again. Dirk made those free throws, if Dirk choke the Mavs lost. Too bad Tim choked. The players decide the win, not the ref.

Why do you think the ref favor Mavs, they hate Mark Cuban!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2006, 03:37 PM
I think there's some truth to this. I'm expecting game 5 to go the Spurs way.

I'm buying into the belief that the fix is in, and I think it's going to take everything the Spurs have in them to beat the 5 on 8 matchup that will be waiting for them in game 6.

spur219
05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Today it will go to Spurs because they owe them atleast one.

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 03:39 PM
They need to favor SA in games 5 and games 6....then it will be even.

George W Bush
05-17-2006, 03:43 PM
If anyone can rig a game, it's me.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Ref again. Dirk made those free throws, if Dirk choke the Mavs lost. Too bad Tim choked. The players decide the win, not the ref.
So when a player makes a bad play at the end of a close game it's a choke, when the refs make a horrendous call at the end of a close game it can't be acknowledged at all, and it certainly can't have ANY impact at all in the outcome?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
well if it is called in the Spurs favour, please dont celebrate the win. Alot of you said the Mavs fans dont deserve do celebrate after game 3 and 4.

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM

So when a player makes a bad play at the end of a close game it's a choke, when the refs make a horrendous call at the end of a close game it can't be acknowledged at all, and it certainly can't have ANY impact at all in the outcome?

Who makes the bad play that decide the outcome of the game? The player or the ref?

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
^^^Kori will nyou ban this guy already, we know he's a Mavfan, he changed hisname, but not his IP

loveforthegame
05-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Someone on the Mavs board said that Salvatore is the lead ref tonight. I didn't think that information was given out before the game.

DubMcDub
05-17-2006, 03:54 PM
You know what else would've made the outcome different? If the refs didn't call a bullshit foul with 8.5 seconds left.

Boo hoo!

Winnipeg_Spur
05-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Who makes the bad play that decide the outcome of the game? The player or the ref?
First, I didn't actually post that quote you're attributing me too (not that I disagree with it). Anyway, I don't know why you have to credit the outcome of the game to one bad play either way. Players make shots, they miss shots, they make FTs, the miss FTs, they turn the ball over, officials make good calls, officials make bad calls, etc., it's all part of the outcome and to try to put the game on one play is pretty stupid. That call wasn't the only reason the Spurs lost, not even close, but it was part of the reason, along with some turnovers, some missed fts, most importanty bad defense.

The main reason that call gets discussed so much is because it may've been the weakest call in the NBA history, and it did affect the outcome of the game. Again, it wasn't the sole reason, or even the biggest reason they lost the game, but it was part of the reason and it was a truly bizzare call, so of course people are going to talk about it and how it affected the game.

Sasha
05-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I predict the refs will call game 5 favorablyb for the
Spurs, showing they don't have any bias--but knowing it's not likely the Spurs can win three in a row.

So the NBA and the TV guys get an extra payday and naive fans think this 'make up' is for real.

I don't want them to call 'for' the Spurs - or the Mavs. I just want them to let the guys play!

:madrun

Sasha
05-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Why do you think the ref favor Mavs, they hate Mark Cuban!!

Why in the world do you call yourself Spurs666 and think we can't figure out who your team is?

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
First, I didn't actually post that quote you're attributing me too (not that I disagree with it). Anyway, I don't know why you have to credit the outcome of the game to one bad play either way. Players make shots, they miss shots, they make FTs, the miss FTs, they turn the ball over, officials make good calls, officials make bad calls, etc., it's all part of the outcome and to try to put the game on one play is pretty stupid. That call wasn't the only reason the Spurs lost, not even close, but it was part of the reason, along with some turnovers, some missed fts, most importanty bad defense.

The main reason that call gets discussed so much is because it may've been the weakest call in the NBA history, and it did affect the outcome of the game. Again, it wasn't the sole reason, or even the biggest reason they lost the game, but it was part of the reason and it was a truly bizzare call, so of course people are going to talk about it and how it affected the game.

If you think bad calls, good calls, bad play, good play, are part of the game ... then don't be a sore loser! Accept the loss like a man, accept the fact that the Mavs are better than the Spurs. What if the Mavs win tonight, are you going to say it's because of conspiracy?!? That the ref doesn't want Spurs to win?!?

Sasha
05-17-2006, 04:29 PM

:lol

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Why in the world do you call yourself Spurs666 and think we can't figure out who your team is?

Cause he, like most Mavs fans here, is an ass

Winnipeg_Spur
05-17-2006, 04:43 PM
If you think bad calls, good calls, bad play, good play, are part of the game ... then don't be a sore loser! Accept the loss like a man, accept the fact that the Mavs are better than the Spurs. What if the Mavs win tonight, are you going to say it's because of conspiracy?!? That the ref doesn't want Spurs to win?!?
They are all part of the game, and that's what we discuss here: the game. We discuss good plays, bad plays, bad calls, all of that. Just discussing a call and saying it might've had an impact on the game isn't being a sore loser, it's being realistic. If the Mavs win tonight then good for them. I'll still be pissed at the officiating in Dallas, but if the Spurs can only win 1 out of 3 at home they don't deserve to move on.

BTW. I don't know where you got conspiracy out of my post, I don't think I said anything of that type. The refs don't care which team wins, but that doesn't mean they can't make bad calls, and those bad calls can sometimes impact a game.

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
They are all part of the game, and that's what we discuss here: the game. We discuss good plays, bad plays, bad calls, all of that. Just discussing a call and saying it might've had an impact on the game isn't being a sore loser, it's being realistic. If the Mavs win tonight then good for them. I'll still be pissed at the officiating in Dallas, but if the Spurs can only win 1 out of 3 at home they don't deserve to move on.

BTW. I don't know where you got conspiracy out of my post, I don't think I said anything of that type. The refs don't care which team wins, but that doesn't mean they can't make bad calls, and those bad calls can sometimes impact a game.

Well, you seemed to be a cool person, I respect that. Fact is, a lot of Spurs fan solely blaiming the refs for the loss without mentioning Spurs bad play or Mavs good play, and I think it's just pathetic.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2006, 06:10 PM

Yeah, everything bad and wrong in the world can ultimately be traced back to George W Bush. It's all his fault.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
This is the last thing we want, because when Duncan consistently gets to the line he misses a larger portion of his free throws. He seems to only be on when he goes to the line sporadically.

wildbill2u
05-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I called it. You saw it here first. The refs tried to even up the fouls so they could point to a game and say, "see, we're calling 'em even."

No 50 foul shots for the Mavs last night and the Spurs got more shooting fouls.

But there's no denying that the games shouldn't be decided by the refs and especially not by bad calls.