PDA

View Full Version : Be honest spurs fans, how are you feeling right now?

rayray2k8
05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
I dont know why, but I feel pretty good about tonights game.
Yes, I havent been happy over the past couple of days, but I finally
got over it and I see tonights game as another chance.

The way I see it, the next 2 out of the 3 are in San Antonio, so im feelig pretty good.
Lets hear spurs fans!!!
How you feeling?

Note to Mav fans:
Same goes for you guys, how you guys feel about closing out the champs in game 5?
Solid? so-so? or a bit nervous?
Speak your mind :spin

timvp
05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
One Game.

One Win.

Believe.

Mr Hanky
05-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Most Spur fans seem to be chillin :smokin

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/brandsonsale-store_1894_86284565

z0sa
05-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Let's take it one game at a time all the way to game 1 of the western conference finals whos with me?

Kori Ellis
05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I am VERY confident the Spurs will win tonight.

I cannot say I'm as confident they'll win the series. The Mavs are a good team and winning 3 games in a row is difficult in the playoffs. However, since the last couple games were so close -- I still have some level of faith they can pull it off.

If the Spurs win BIG tonight (more than 10 points), then that will increase my confidence a lot regarding the rest of the series.

spurs_666
05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't know, I'm quite nervous.

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 03:27 PM
I am so confident, I bet wine on the game.

:)

Kori Ellis
05-17-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know, I'm quite nervous.

You aren't a Spurs fan.

cherylsteele
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM

I cannot say I'm as confident they'll win the series. The Mavs are a good team and winning 3 games in a row is difficult in the playoffs.
They have done it last year so it is not out if the realm of possibilities.
Granted, it won't be easy, but this is the playoffs and nothing really comes easy now.

katyon6th
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm ready to watch the damn game already.

GO SPURS GO!

Believe.

101A
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
VERY confident about tonite's game.

spurster
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Whether or not the refs give the Mavs another game, the Spurs will leave it all on the court tonight.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I am so confident, I bet wine on the game.

:)

That better be a fucking joke.

picnroll
05-17-2006, 03:31 PM
This game is in the bag. Question is will they get hosed again in Dallas in game 6?

BigVee
Pretty good actually. Philosophical for some reason. While I believe the Spurs have an excellent chance to win tonight, I also know that in sports sometimes the ball bounces funny, the calls go against you, you get injured etc. I don't think I have ever had a greater sense of pride being a Spurs fan. I watch them get one bad "break" after another, yet continue to still make play after play, pull together, support each other and give championship effort. I feel great, and happy I am not supporting a bunch of guys who jump around like 12 year-olds after every made basket.

gogojojo
I don't see the mavs winning tonight. If they come out hitting 3's and build a big lead, we have a chance. I don't feel they can beat the spurs 4 times in a row. IMHO

I hope i'm wrong

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
That better be a fucking joke.

:lol

That was for your's and Travis' benefit.

degenerate_gambler
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I like this feeling. Being on the brink of elimination. Knowing SA has yet to put together a complete game for 48 min. and in spite of that, coming within a couple of questionable calls and ill timed turnovers of being up 3-1.

Knowing these guys have crusied at times this year, I am pumped to see them in dire straits like this. _allas cant play any better than it has. We can. We will.

I believe SA has played this season with a sense of urgency for the most part only in stretches. But right here, right now, in this moment...I think this is where they "flick" the proverbial switch and show the basketball world that they will decide when their season's over. And they aren't ready to go fishing just yet.

Dre_7
05-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Ill be feeling alot better when they win game 6.

sa_butta
05-17-2006, 03:41 PM
One game at a time, I say we win it tonight. VERY CONFIDENT.

lilmads
05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
As everyone said, gotta take it one game at a time at this point... I BELIEVE:) Yeah it's gonna be tough, but it's possible... :) Right now I'm feeling nervous as everyone I talk to is insulting the spurs and hoping that they lose tonight... Retards

Mr Hanky
05-17-2006, 03:43 PM
You aren't a Spurs fan.

:lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/owned.jpg

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 03:43 PM
To be honest, I really thought after the BS that was Game 3, Spurs would have come out firing and won Game 4 by at least 7 points and looked strong. You look at the boxscore and you see that our Big 3 combined for 90 points, and we still had to go to OT which we lost, is hard to believe. It shouldn't have been that close to begin with. So, even tonight's game, I'm a little iffy on. Depends on which Spurs team shows up.

abelle23
05-17-2006, 03:44 PM
im nervous as hell!!! 4.5 hrs to go...

johnut32
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM

I cannot say I'm as confident they'll win the series. The Mavs are a good team and winning 3 games in a row is difficult in the playoffs. However, since the last couple games were so close -- I still have some level of faith they can pull it off.

If the Spurs win BIG tonight (more than 10 points), then that will increase my confidence a lot regarding the rest of the series.

I agree with your take except for the blowout scenario. I think both of these teams are confident enough to disregard a blowout.

As a mavs fan, I'm extremely nervous about these next three games. The mavs have put themselves in the best possible situation short of a sweep. You have to be happy with that if you're a mavs fan. On the otherhand, 2 of the 3 wins could have gone either way. If the spurs cut down on their mistakes I see them winning game 5 fairly comfortably. The mavs might have a letdown after the excitement of game 4.

I'm hoping the combination of the tough series with sac along with the rest the mavs took away from the sweep of memphis will catchhup with the spurs in games 6 and 7.

mabber
05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I dont know why, but I feel pretty good about tonights game.
Yes, I havent been happy over the past couple of days, but I finally
got over it and I see tonights game as another chance.

The way I see it, the next 2 out of the 3 are in San Antonio, so im feelig pretty good.
Lets hear spurs fans!!!
How you feeling?

Note to Mav fans:
Same goes for you guys, how you guys feel about closing out the champs in game 5?
Speak your mind :spin

I'm nervous cuz I know that the pressure will shift to the Mavs to win game #6 in Dallas on Friday if they don't win tonight. At the same time, I really don't see the Mavs losing to the Spurs 3 in a row, not cuz the Spurs aren't capable but more to the fact that Dallas is a much younger team and I see the Spurs being a little more tired as the series moves forward.

TheAffricanFan
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
We all feel the same... We Believe!!!

JoeChalupa
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm ready. I feel a strong victory for the Spurs and am not thinking about the next game. One game at a time. Let's get this one!!!!

nkdlunch
05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
great! week is almost over and I have a stripper party on Friday

DubMcDub
05-17-2006, 03:51 PM
I feel about 65% certain that the Mavs close it out tonight.

If not, depending on the outcome of tonights game (i.e. is it a close game, Spurs blowout, etc.), I will be anywhere from 75-99% confident that the Mavs finish it in Game 6. You can talk momentum all you want, but in all honesty, Game 6 Friday would be the 4th game in 7 days, which favors the younger Mavs, and is obviously at our arena. The last time you guys won there was by 2 points and was against a Mavs team with a pretty different look from where we're at today.

The Spurs will not play as well as they did in game 4 in a potential game 6, and they didn't even win game 4. So I'm confident that this series will be over by Friday either way.

angel_luv
05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm ready to help the boys take back our series!

Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SenorSpur
05-17-2006, 03:53 PM
I've grown more confident the past two days. Taking nothing away from the Mavs, the reason that I'm encouraged I've realized that the Spurs could have and should have won those two games in Dallas. I trust they'll h"hang their hats" on that fact.

My goal for this team is a 10+ cushion heading into the final two minutes of the 4th Qtr.

It's a one-game series now. We'll worry about the future after tonight.

It CAN be Done!

fyatuk
05-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Spurs are winning tonight.

Not sure how much of the game I'll watch since I expect really bad officiating yet again, like just about every other playoff game this year. Can't stand it. Makes the game no fun to watch.

But the Spurs win. My boss says by 10.

Big Worm
05-17-2006, 03:54 PM
We all feel the same... We Believe!!!

And you all still stick your tooth under your pillows at night also :lmao

DubMcDub
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't really understand the "I feel more confident because the Spurs kept it close both games" logic.

Of course most of the games are going to be close. It's the playoffs. But the W is all that counts. I doubt most of you were saying "I'm worried about our ability to close out Detroit because we only beat them by 1 point in game 5" last year during the finals.

Spurs fans of all people should know that W's and L's are all that matter.

austinfan
05-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Well, I'm feeling nervous, but as long as the team plays with heart and lays it all out there--and the fans at the game are screaming their brains out--that's all I really care about.

I like our chances because:
The game is at home.

Our defense was pretty crappy and the officiating was horrible and we still came within a few seconds and few baskets of winning the past two games. If we improve our D, we can do it.

SpursWoman
05-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Be honest spurs fans, how are you feeling right now?

I've kind of got the munchies ... and my shoulders hurt from some major batting practice last night, but other than that I'm feeling pretty good. :)

DubMcDub
05-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Be honest spurs fans, how are you feeling right now?

Note to Mav fans:
Speak your mind

Where's your buddy to pop up and tell me how your "female superiority" has owned me yet again? :rolleyes

rayray2k8
05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
That says alot. :lol

SpursWoman
05-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Where's your buddy to pop up and tell me how your "female superiority" has owned me yet again? :rolleyes

I wasn't finished....and I'd actually never met her before. But she seems nice enough. :tu

DubMcDub
05-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I wasn't finished....and I'd actually never met her before. But she seems nice enough. :tu

It's whatever. I didn't feel like you said anything particularly insulting in the first place.

Bottom line though, this thread starter clearly asked for the opinion of Mavs fans, so I was offering mine up. Don't see what's so wrong with that.

Sasha
05-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Pretty good actually. Philosophical for some reason. While I believe the Spurs have an excellent chance to win tonight, I also know that in sports sometimes the ball bounces funny, the calls go against you, you get injured etc. I don't think I have ever had a greater sense of pride being a Spurs fan. I watch them get one bad "break" after another, yet continue to still make play after play, pull together, support each other and give championship effort. I feel great, and happy I am not supporting a bunch of guys who jump around like 12 year-olds after every made basket.

:tu

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2006, 04:11 PM
i couldn't sleep last night.....me and my husband were role playing
he just got home from work and is very cautious around me ;-)

me: i was bruce bowen
he was dirk

me: you want elbows b*tch i got elbows m*tha f*cka
he was like " i.....i.... ok....can i be bruce now ?????"

.thought i'd share something personal.....

Sasha
05-17-2006, 04:15 PM

he was dirk

:lol

JoeChalupa
05-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I'll be feeling much better tonight as the Spurs take it one game at a time and I take it one beer at a time.

Kdfelicity
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Monday night, immediately following the game, I went to bed, only I couldn't sleep for an hour and a half. Then, I woke up at 7:30am still steaming about it. I was that mad...

beachbarbie948
05-17-2006, 04:56 PM
i really think they'll win this

even if nobody at my school does except me :(

what do they know anyway? lol

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I'll be feeling much better tonight as the Spurs take it one game at a time and I take it one beer at a time.

One beer at a time? Comeon be a real man !

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 05:00 PM

he was dirk

Do you have a sister?

alamo50
05-17-2006, 05:03 PM
I feel sleepy, but I can't sleep because I am too nervous.
I was gonna sleep early and set the alarm at 3:30AM, but I can't sleep!
Now I am just gonna pull an all nighter.

:wakeup

rayray2k8
05-17-2006, 05:04 PM
It's whatever. I didn't feel like you said anything particularly insulting in the first place.

Bottom line though, this thread starter clearly asked for the opinion of Mavs fans, so I was offering mine up. Don't see what's so wrong with that.

The purpose of the thread was to see exactly where people are psychologically.
So far, I see the majority of spurs fans feeling confident about tongiht.

Johnny RIngo
05-17-2006, 05:07 PM
My little brother's a bit pessimistic but I'm very confident that the Spurs are gonna pull out a win. The Mavs don't have me worried in the slightest.

bigglendiesel
05-17-2006, 05:11 PM
It's in the bag! We're at HOME!!! I guaran"timmy" it!
Plus detroit's gonna lose... i've got chicken on the grill... what a wednesday... not a doubt in my mind about tonite!!! :smokin

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I'd never thought I'd say this, but I was much more calm prior to GM7 last year

Brutalis
05-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Honestly?

I feel somewhat lost. I feel like we deserve more respect being the defending champs along with Duncan and it's just not there this series. I feel like I have been robbed of something great I didn't get yet because of someone else's ignorant reasoning.

I feel like we're going to win in 7 games.

ndnjumpman
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
imma mavs fan and i gotta say spurs will come out firing tonight and they will finish tonights game but in my brackets i put mavs in 6 so i hope we win the next one after tnoights

DuncanInYourFace
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
This is how I feel about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE5FCaqQp_M&search=san%20antonio%20spurs

samikeyp
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I feel ready for battle.

Brutalis
05-17-2006, 05:44 PM
This is how I feel about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE5FCaqQp_M&search=san%20antonio%20spurs
nice.

td4mvp21
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm nervous, but we have nothing to lose. I just at least hope we win tonight, at least take it to six.