PDA

View Full Version : My first post here

bubsdaddy
05-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes, I am a Mavs fan. I endured less than 20 win seasons in the 90's. I gained hope when Mark Cuban bought the team. I saw the transformation from league doormat to contender. In that time, I watched the Spurs win championships and I cheered them on after the Mavs exited.

I lived in the Dallas area for 12 years and now live in Michigan. When I lived in Plano I would take my family to San Antonio every summer for a week. I love you city. I love your Riverwalk. I love the culture of the city. I look forward to seeing your city again.

You have to cut us some slack. We aren't used to getting to enjoy the post season as much as all of you are. If the situation were reversed, and the Mavs were 3 time champions with the Spurs having a miserable history, we would have to cut you some slack. The Mavs fans consider the Spurs to be worthy opponents and we consider our team to be worthy opponents to the Spurs.

The games have been good, hard fought contests. You can point to referee calls that didn't go your way and so can we. Perhaps if we were down 1-3 we would be complaining about the officiating more. I'll give y'all that.

Let's enjoy the competition and try to not take it so personal or be so offended, OK?

MFFL
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, I am a Mavs fan. I endured less than 20 win seasons in the 90's. I gained hope when Mark Cuban bought the team. I saw the transformation from league doormat to contender. In that time, I watched the Spurs win championships and I cheered them on after the Mavs exited.

I lived in the Dallas area for 12 years and now live in Michigan. When I lived in Plano I would take my family to San Antonio every summer for a week. I love you city. I love your Riverwalk. I love the culture of the city. I look forward to seeing your city again.

You have to cut us some slack. We aren't used to getting to enjoy the post season as much as all of you are. If the situation were reversed, and the Mavs were 3 time champions with the Spurs having a miserable history, we would have to cut you some slack. The Mavs fans consider the Spurs to be worthy opponents and we consider our team to be worthy opponents to the Spurs.

The games have been good, hard fought contests. You can point to referee calls that didn't go your way and so can we. Perhaps if we were down 1-3 we would be complaining about the officiating more. I'll give y'all that.

Let's enjoy the competition and try to not take it so personal or be so offended, OK?

Spoken like a true MAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Gee!!
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned!!!

MFFL
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Trust the goat man!!!!!!!!!!!...

:wakeup

http://www.antenne.de/antenne/dynamic/news/on/img.php?file=152743.jpg&vz=sp

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 03:51 PM
The Dallas offense is incredible and brings some tough match-ups, sweeping Memphis should have been a clue, the defense - not so much.

SPARKY
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Yeah, I guess we should just enjoy it when someone trolls in here for attention.

dmac
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
How does this guy get 'Believe' for his title? Don't we have a copyright or trademark on that?

btw welcome and I hope your team loses. nothing personal.

iron mike tryson
05-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Remove it!Like you did with my first post?

NINERS4LIFE
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM

:stfu

Kori Ellis
05-17-2006, 04:25 PM
No, how about your fans just simmer down?

There's been posters from every playoff opponent here in the past couple years, but never have I encountered such an obnoxious group of assholes (not all of you -- but easily 80%) as the Mavs fans.

As a group, Mavs fans don't deserve to be cut any slack.

This is probably one of the most lenient sites on the net, I tolerate almost anything, and you guys still piss me off to no end.

timvp
05-17-2006, 04:26 PM
The only good Mav fan is an eliminated Mav fan.

Old School Chic
05-17-2006, 04:29 PM
The only good Mav fan is an eliminated Mav fan.

:tu

bubsdaddy
05-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Hey, I tried.

mavsfan1000
05-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Mavs fans don't even get a chance around here before getting criticized. This poster seems alright. Not a troll yet. Some eventually become trolls. :lol

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Mavs fans don't even get a chance around here before getting criticized. This poster seems alright. Not a troll yet. Some eventually become trolls. :lol

TROLL TROLL !!!! :spin :spin

Now, welcome to Spurstalk!