PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry Goes Right!

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Jason Terry from the right arc...

Jason Terry drives right...

Jason Terry from the right arc over Duncan.. after trying to drive right on Duncan twice in the final moments...

Get the point? Let's hope the Spurs defenders do.

:hat

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't know that you can stop him from going right if that's what he wants to do. You can try to push him out and make him uncomfortable as he goes right.

The bigger problem is the Spurs inability to find a way to defend through screens, regardless of the direction in which the ball is headed. Even when they work out switches at the top, they have had poor rotations behind the ball and have conceded too many uncontested jumpers. It's all about defense, and it's all about contesting shots, wherever they're taken.

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't know that you can stop him from going right if that's what he wants to do. You can try to push him out and make him uncomfortable as he goes right.

Spurs could over-play Terry to the right and force him to go left, never conceeding right until they are both in the first row. Terry is fast, but if the Spurs can cut his production in half, Spurs win.

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 05:45 PM

Jason Terry from the right arc over Duncan.. after trying to drive right on Duncan twice in the final moments...

NBAdan, you always seem to have a problem with people on the right.....I think it is getting close to a pathological disorder.

:)

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Spurs could over-play Terry to the right and force him to go left, never conceeding right until they are both in the first row. Terry is fast, but if the Spurs can cut his production in half, Spurs win.

I think if you overplay him right, though, you might create other problems behind the ball -- it can't just be the ball defender who over plays, it has to be the help behind him, because the overplay will necessarily open a drive. That means the Spurs would have to be perfect behind the ball, and it's not like the Spurs defense has been great at making adjustments behind the ball in this series.

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 06:05 PM
This is exactly why I think Manu ought to stay on Terry, no switching, Bowen should stay on Howard, and Parker on Harris.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2006, 06:08 PM
NBAdan, you always seem to have a problem with people on the right.....I think it is getting close to a pathological disorder.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Damn Jim, that was funny.

Every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut...:lol

Jimcs50
05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Damn Jim, that was funny.

Every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut...:lol

CC, I got a million of them.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 04:10 PM
This just in:

Jason Terry still goes right.

The thing I did notice last night late, is that SA actually did a better job of forcing him left and every time he was made to go left, he passed. Twice we stole the pass when he tried that too, so that is the key to terry....make him go left....good things happen.

tlongII
05-18-2006, 04:11 PM
This just in:

Jason Terry still goes right.

The thing I did notice last night late, is that SA actually did a better job of forcing him left and every time he was made to go left, he passed. Twice we stole the pass when he tried that too, so that is the key to terry....make him go left....good things happen.

Tremendous insight.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Tremendous insight.

:smokin

GrandeDavid
05-18-2006, 04:16 PM
I guess Nbadan does not appreciate your good humor, Jim.

Despot
05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
He even had the steering wheel moved to the passenger side.

fyatuk
05-18-2006, 04:22 PM

I seem to remember a sequence where Finley tried to make him go left, only to have him spin to the right. And then his next three shots were similar. The Spurs played him to go right, he went right, he still hit shots.

Nbadan
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
The Spurs did a much better job forcing Terry to go left. Your not gonna stop him everytime, but the right-to-left ratio really makes a difference.

beachbarbie948
05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
hey terry was suspended

ha i didnt know that
YAYYYYYY

Winnipeg_Spur
05-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Jason Terry goes right for the balls...

Nbadan
05-18-2006, 05:19 PM
hey terry was suspended

ha i didnt know that
YAYYYYYY

Serves him right for being a righty, and it really puts pressure on the Spurs to try and go big for a game.

texlawman
05-18-2006, 05:22 PM
This just in from Stern:

Terry Suspended. What a jackoff!

DaSpurs#1
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Jason Terry goes right for the balls...
:blah ah you beat me too it i was going to post that :lol

DaSpurs#1
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
This just in from Stern:

no punn intened right???
:spin

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Did he use his right hand?

Nbadan
05-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Daniels and Harris had more turnovers than assists in game 5.

SAGambler
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
This just in from Stern:

Teach the little fucker a lesson...

I hope AJ has spent the day chewing his ass out for doing such a thing.