PDA

View Full Version : Next Pistons line: the "backs to the wall" bit

bdubya
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Everybody knows this team doesn't really show up until their backs are to the wall. We've seen it time and time again, and it spells BAD NEWS for the Cavs. Right? RIGHT! :fro

The Genius
05-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe. My faith is shaken at this moment, but I believe so.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Wrong, they seem to have lost their edge. They are letting Snow, Varejo, D. Jones and Donyell Marshall beat them. They are overthinking the LeBron thing...

Oh, and Flip is being outcoached by Mike fucking Brown...

emo serb
05-17-2006, 09:03 PM
The NBA is rigged, they love Lebron. They will do anything for him, wipe his ass, bite his nails, etc...

jochhejaam
05-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't put too much of the blame on Flip (other than that untimely T). Billups was horrible tonight with 6 turnovers, 6 fouls and 1-6 on 3 pointers, that and Ben going 0-7 from the line.

bdubya
05-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Lackluster piss-poor effort coming out. I'd expect Ben to say something harsh about it tonight.

Pistons < Spurs
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Bring on game 6.

I'm still in a bit of shock.......but I'm confident they'll bring it back to Detroit.

Dunc
05-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Disgusting. And my right hand really hurts, as I thought I broke it against my wall a little while ago. Yeah, there was some shitty refereeing, but it should never have come down to that. They had so many opportunities to tie or take the lead in the 4th, and they blew them all. Amazing. Never deserved it. Props to the Cavs.

Pistons in 7.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-17-2006, 09:25 PM
This is a surefire sign that Detroit is going to win it all this year!

Two years ago when they won the championship they went up 2-0 on NJ in the semifinals only to have NJ win the next three, just like in this series. Its a sign!

Or at least thats what I keep telling myself so that I don't break anything. :spin

JamStone
05-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Pistons playing with no urgency until they're really down. Pistons playing like they have some sort of entitlement to the NBA finals. Bullshit! Play better.

Why put yourselves in a hole like this??? Unfreakingbelievable.

With all that said, I still won't give up on this team. They better come to play in game 6. I know they can still win this series. But, now, they can't dick around like it's no problem. The next off game of this series is their last game.

T.F. Storm
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I think the Pistons' "turn on the switch" mentality has ultimately been their downfall in this series. It's like they have no urgency and are waiting until they need to "turn it on" as they say. Unfortunetly, time is running out and if they don't all show some heart soon...This season is going to be a big waste. All of those wins in the regular season to secure home court advantage for nothing.

Hopefully the Pistons can pull this series out and get back on track, but it isnt looking good...

Vizzini
05-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't know what to say, I really don't. I don' tknow if I should watch game six, just because it is truly a meaningless game. If they win they have to go back to the Palace for a must win, and if they lose, especially like they have the last three, I won't be watching the same team like I did all of this season. So frickin pissed off right now that the only one who truly played like they gave a damn was McDyess. Flip Saunders is a horrible playoff coach. Where was Tony Delk? Where was Delfino? Where was Dale Davis when foul trouble crept in? They can't make a shot to save their ass, they play like they don't care, and the coach doesn't seem to get it. I must give credit to the Cavs, they play like they want it more, and like they are the favorites. I guess the only thing I can say is bring back Larry Hughes, b/c when he played, the Pistons won.

Darrin
05-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Everybody knows this team doesn't really show up until their backs are to the wall. We've seen it time and time again, and it spells BAD NEWS for the Cavs. Right? RIGHT! :fro

I don't want this team to show up. They are a disgrace to the Detroit Pistons name, and the last thing I want to do is have people applaud them as something "great."

Darrin
05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Lackluster piss-poor effort coming out. I'd expect Ben to say something harsh about it tonight.

Like they'll listen. The Orlando incident didn't seem to wake this team up.

bdubya
05-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Like they'll listen. The Orlando incident didn't seem to wake this team up.

Look, if you're in that much of a hurry to slash your wrists, at least aim the spray away from me, OK? :lol
I'll wait until it's over, because I've seen this team come back against tougher competition than the Cavs.

FreshPrince22
05-18-2006, 01:53 AM
:shootme

:hang

Darrin
05-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Look, if you're in that much of a hurry to slash your wrists, at least aim the spray away from me, OK? :lol

Okay, I promise.

baseline bum
05-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Man, the Pistons looked so hungry during the regular season... they looked determined to not put themselves in a position where they had to flip a switch... and now, they're doing the exact same thing they did last regular season. The Pistons are a way better team than the Cavs, but when they play with fire like that it's scary. I hope you guys take that series though, and if I had to put money on anyone I'd still pick the Pistons to be playing Miami next round.

RonMexico
05-18-2006, 02:30 AM
I actually heard that Craig Ehlo is going to come back and play for the Pistons this next game, just so LeBron can hit the series clincher over him and then everyone can continue to be "witnesses" and call him the next MJ.

greyforest
05-18-2006, 04:57 AM
isnt rasheed out in the 6th game due to that T?

:(

Bob Lanier
05-18-2006, 05:00 AM
No. He only has 3; suspensions come after the 7th.

As for the game - :shootme

Rip-Hamilton32
05-18-2006, 07:20 AM
lol..but sheed only needs 4 more and the odds are he will get those within these next series leading up to the finals

Pistons < Spurs
05-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Did Rip's last second attempt of a play remind any Piston fans of the Stackhouse days? Swear to god it was like Deja Vu. It didn't even look like he made an honest effort to get the ball up. Seemed obvious to me that he was simply looking for the whistle......which is stupid as there's no way in hell a ref is gonna call that at the closing of the game.

But, to the origional point, I can remember so many games that went down to the last second only to have a turnover due to Stackhouse. Last nights play took me right back to those times. :madrun

Darrin
05-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Did Rip's last second attempt of a play remind any Piston fans of the Stackhouse days? Swear to god it was like Deja Vu. It didn't even look like he made an honest effort to get the ball up. Seemed obvious to me that he was simply looking for the whistle......which is stupid as there's no way in hell a ref is gonna call that at the closing of the game.

But, to the origional point, I can remember so many games that went down to the last second only to have a turnover due to Stackhouse. Last nights play took me right back to those times. :madrun

Yeah, I remember specifically, six years ago, in the playoffs, Stackhouse with the ball in his hands, Pistons down by 2, in Miami, and he falls on the floor, the buzzer sounds, Miami has a 2-nil series lead, and Stackhouse scowels, and begs for a whistle, and he doesn't get one.

That was the last playoff series I complained about the Pistons effort. As the buzzer sounded on Wednesday, and the Pistons again found themselves in a series hole due to lack of execution, lack of agressive play, and an overall lack of urgency, I got to see Stackhouse, in another blue uniform, giving confidence and hitting shots for a team that was on the brink of eliminating the Defending NBA Champions.

And I flashed back to Stackhouse's last year with this team - the shot that sent the Pistons into the Conference Semifinals for the first time in 11 seasons - and I realized how much he grew up in those 2 years between the Miami series when he couldn't get it done, and the Toronto series when he could. I remember celebrating that season, the Pistons in the Semis, because a huge mountain had been climbed.

Today, five years later, it just doesn't seem like a enough.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Pistons biggest strength and biggest weakness is their emotions. They really let it get in the way of their game at times, especially when things aren't going their way.

Also, they seem to have fallen in love with the 3 point ball a little too much. You guys missed Billups yesterday in the last 2 minutes, exactly like the SPurs missed Manu in the last 2 minutes of Game 4.

In a 7 game series, the best team always wins. Pistons have plenty of experience forcing Game 7's and winning them on the road (Game 7 in Miami last year). I fully expect the Pistons to take the next 2.

Vizzini
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Pistons biggest strength and biggest weakness is their emotions. They really let it get in the way of their game at times, especially when things aren't going their way.

Also, they seem to have fallen in love with the 3 point ball a little too much. You guys missed Billups yesterday in the last 2 minutes, exactly like the SPurs missed Manu in the last 2 minutes of Game 4.

In a 7 game series, the best team always wins. Pistons have plenty of experience forcing Game 7's and winning them on the road (Game 7 in Miami last year). I fully expect the Pistons to take the next 2.

At least one of us does. I don't know why, but I just don't see them winning. Something seems different this year, something is way off. We just didn't miss Chauncey in the last two minutes, we missed him for the whole f'n game. Where in the hell is your offense Billups? He needs to be more assertive. How come Tony Delk cant seem to get a few minutes? Flip is getting embarrassed by Mike Brown, and we all know it. I have lost a lot of confidence in the Pistons right now.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Something seems different this year, something is way off.

You're crazy. Even as a Spurs fan, I still see the Pistons have it. Sure, they shown chinks in their armor, just as the Spurs have this series. However, your starters have been together for too long, have too much chemistry, and are too good to lose 4 straight to the Cavs.

ripcity1
05-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Maybe. My faith is shaken at this moment, but I believe so.

Same here. Woke up this morning and thought it was a bad dream. :depressed

They better recognize the Cavs ain't going down easy. They need to rekindle their A-game they played most of the season. C'mon Billups!!

Vizzini
05-18-2006, 10:30 AM
You're crazy. Even as a Spurs fan, I still see the Pistons have it. Sure, they shown chinks in their armor, just as the Spurs have this series. However, your starters have been together for too long, have too much chemistry, and are too good to lose 4 straight to the Cavs.

I think they still have it, but the problem is that they know that they still have it, and therfore think that they can turn it on whenever they want. They have got no offensive rhythm. Chauncey gives up the ball at the top of the key, with about 17 seconds on the shot clock, and never gets it back. He doesn't take the ball to the hole agressively as much as he should. He embarrassed Damon Jones last year and the first two game this year, and they haven't gone back to that since. I shouldn't be so depressed about two consecutive two point defeats, in games where they played horrible and still could've won, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that they've rested on their name and reputation alone, and haven't put in the hard work that gave them their reputation. They've been down like this before and won, but how many times can you tempt fate? How long do you still want to keep playing with fire?

JamStone
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I still have faith in the Pistons. Wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't.

But, something is definitely off against Cleveland, whether it's false bravado and a sense of entitlement after the regular season and even more so after the great, hot shooting of game 1, or Flip's questionable coaching. Flip is coaching scared, and changing things he hasn't changed all season.

I hope the Pistons show some balls like the Spurs did last night.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Difference is, Mavs and Spurs are pretty evenly matched this season I believe. So that series could go either way. However, I really don't think that the Cavs outmatch the Pistons. And the best team always wins in 7. If you guys could beat the Heat in 7 last season on THEIR HC, you can beat the Cavs in 7 on YOUR HC. :tu

Ok that's enough of me cheering on the freakin Pistons :( I got my own team to worry about :lol

Dunc
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
See, I don't feel like backing up my comment with facts or historical figures, but I believe that the theory that the "best team always wins" in a seven game series is flawed. The team that shows up, yeah. The team with more heart and more effort, hell yeah. See, you can't tell me that should the Cavs win this series, they are better than the Pistons. They aren't. The Cavs deserve this series, may win this series, but still, they aren't the "better team". They're still LeBron surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. That's not to take anything away from them, because ever since the 4th Q of game 2, they've really brought it. They've played as well as they can the last three games, and we lost one by 10 thanks to big threes at the end that put it out of reach, and then two games by two points. How many chances to take the lead have they blown the last two games?? Couple bad calls here and there, hell yeah. But those shouldn't have mattered. It should have never come down to that. That said, it's still Pistons in 7. If I had any vBookie left, I'd bet it all, lol. Pistons in 7 baby.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-18-2006, 12:37 PM
They are getting outworked, outhustled and outplayed. The Cavs are the better team right now...

I still think Flip should have brought Rasheed in with a minute left in the game and taken out Ben...

mikejones99
05-18-2006, 12:41 PM
The miami heats are lookin better all the time

Mixability
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Seemed obvious to me that he was simply looking for the whistle......which is stupid as there's no way in hell a ref is gonna call that at the closing of the game.

unless your last name rhymes with Nobitchski.

Vizzini
05-18-2006, 01:52 PM
unless your last name rhymes with Nobitchski.

:lol :lol :lol

DDS4
05-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Pistons and Spurs in 7.

Too much experience and championship heart to go down in 6.

Roscoe and the Body
05-18-2006, 06:03 PM
The Pistons remind me of the 'o4 Fat Cat Laker team that Detroit all but swept in the finals. Cleveland is winning every battle, selling out completely to the cause while Detroit is standing around wondering why Cleveland isn't laying down for them.

I see Detroit winning Game 6 and everybody claiming Detroit is back and that them winning Game Seven at the Palace is a forgone conclusion, only for the Cleveland Lebrons to pull out a close game and eliminate Detroit.

jman3000
05-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I still think the Pistons will win the series... but how high would it rank on the all time upsets list if the Cavaliers actually pulled it off?

Dunc
05-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I still think the Pistons will win the series... but how high would it rank on the all time upsets list if the Cavaliers actually pulled it off?

Tops in recent history. Bigger than the Pistons over than the Lakers, bigger than the Nuggets over the Sonics, imo.

freedom&justice
05-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah, seems like they get into situations like this every year for some reason. Hopefully they pull this series out and go meet miami.