PDA

View Full Version : Parker: Pass The Fucking Ball

cheguevara
05-17-2006, 09:20 PM
once in a while.

U heard Kobe, it looks pretty and all that and Eva will give you extra head. But if you don't get your teammates involved early in the game. They most likely won't be involved at the end, when it matters. This is for the win. Stop fucking trying to be Lebron or Kobe.

You don't have to pass it everytime, but %50 of the time would be nice

ducks
05-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Dude We Have A Game Blog

BigDaddyMatty
05-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Why would you want him to pass the ball when he's shooting 60%. Idiot.

exstatic
05-17-2006, 09:28 PM
WERD.

cheguevara
05-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Because he dissapears in the 4th quarter, and the teammates are not involved because they didn't touch the ball in the 1st half. Genius :rolleyes

exstatic
05-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Do you think Pop might pull him if he thought he were shooting too much? Well, he hasn't. Part of the game plan, pal. Deal with it, or switch off the game if it's too much to watch.

genghisrex
05-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Right, our fourth quarter offense has been the problem. :rolleyes

BigDaddyMatty
05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Because he dissapears in the 4th quarter, and the teammates are not involved because they didn't touch the ball in the 1st half. Genius :rolleyes

That makes alot of sense. I didn't know NBA players were so sensitive that because they didn't touch the ball in the first half they wouldn't try to touch it in the second half. Guess I got told.

SequSpur
05-17-2006, 09:35 PM
WE NEED SOME BIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheguevara
05-17-2006, 09:37 PM
That makes alot of sense. I didn't know NBA players were so sensitive that because they didn't touch the ball in the first half they wouldn't try to touch it in the second half. Guess I got told.

guess u never played basketball

exstatic
05-17-2006, 09:38 PM
He's also keeping that shit Harris for Dallas using lots of energy to defend him. Not doing him much good, though.

cheguevara
Do you think Pop might pull him if he thought he were shooting too much? Well, he hasn't. Part of the game plan, pal. Deal with it, or switch off the game if it's too much to watch.

Well he was in the bench for a while. And as soon as he came back Mavs closed in to 2pts and Pop got a timeout. so we'll see

sprrs
once in a while.

U heard Kobe, it looks pretty and all that and Eva will give you extra head. But if you don't get your teammates involved early in the game. They most likely won't be involved at the end, when it matters. This is for the win. Stop fucking trying to be Lebron or Kobe.

Actually Eva likes to see Tony get assists

BigDaddyMatty
05-17-2006, 09:40 PM

I guess I've watched enough NBA basketball to know that the players aren't pussies. Have you been watching our 4th quarters as of late? Even if Tony dissappears the offense has been the best in the 4th quarter out of the entire game. But then again, players aren't involved as you say, so I don't know how the fuck that's happening.

ALVAREZ6
05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
once in a while.

That is so fucking true, and it could be reason for the Spurs not getting it done in the 2nd halves of games.

You gotta get your team goin early to build their confidence. TP usually scores like 4u3538907 points in the first quarter, then disappears.

I don't see why he can't save his points for when his team is struggling to score in the 2nd half, and get his teammates involved early.

ALVAREZ6
05-17-2006, 10:06 PM
We need to play some fucking D.

No more dunks from Dallas. This is bullcrap right now.

jcrod

No, you haven't. Parker right now is the second best player. He had 19 points on 6-8 shooting in the 1st qt and you him to pass the ball. He didn't take many shots in the 2nd when they went to Tim. He passed when he needed too.

Freaking idiots.

cheguevara
No, you haven't. Parker right now is the second best player. He had 19 points on 6-8 shooting in the 1st qt and you him to pass the ball. He didn't take many shots in the 2nd when they went to Tim. He passed when he needed too.

Freaking idiots.

Except he dissapears in 4th quarters. U been playing too much Sega Genesis Nba.

v2freak
05-17-2006, 10:07 PM
He's had some nice passes so far, and that's what I would like to see more of from him

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Spurs are shooting 60%. Tony shooting the ball isn't the problem. Defense is. Get a fucking clue people.

ALVAREZ6
05-17-2006, 10:09 PM

Freaking idiots.
cheguerva is right dude.

TP disappears in 4th quarters. Completely.

You gotta get your team involved. Period.

You may think that having Manu, Tim, and Tony combining for 90 points is a good thing, like in game 4, but that only means that those guys will be the only dudes scoring. No one else will have touched the ball the whole game and therefor will not be able to contribute to a 4th quarter down to the wire win.

All I am asking for is defense.

cheguevara
05-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Spurs are shooting 60%. Tony shooting the ball isn't the problem. Defense is. Get a fucking clue people.

Defense starts in the offensive side. Ppl start touching the ball on the offensive side, they'll be more aggresive on defense. THey watch the "Tony Parker Show" on offense, they'll have a thumb up their ass on defense.

u get a clue.

jcrod
05-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Ya'll are idiots. The reason he disappeared the last game is he pulled his groin. Sure he might of disappeared in yrs past. But this yr he has been the best or second best player every night.

jcrod
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Defense starts in the offensive side. Ppl start touching the ball on the offensive side, they'll be more aggresive on defense. THey watch the "Tony Parker Show" on offense, they'll have a thumb up their ass on defense.

u get a clue.

:lol

Ok, i'm through arguing with you. This just told me your basketball IQ! GO back to playing your Atari 2600 :lol :lol

ALVAREZ6
05-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Ya'll are idiots. The reason he disappeared the last game is he pulled his groin. Sure he might of disappeared in yrs past. But this yr he has been the best or second best player every night.
he has been disappearing in 4th quarters all career long, and yes he is dominating first halfs, but even this year, his all-star year, he is disappearing.

Do you watch these games?

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 10:13 PM

u get a clue.

:lmao :lmao Classic.

cheguevara
05-17-2006, 10:14 PM
jcrod has the IQ of a Mavfan.

cheguevara
05-17-2006, 10:15 PM
:lmao :lmao Classic.

so u're saying u disagree?? what pumps defense up then? care to tell me?

jcrod
05-17-2006, 10:16 PM
he has been disappearing in 4th quarters all career long, and yes he is dominating first halfs, but even this year, his all-star year, he is disappearing.

Do you watch these games?

Again, IF YOU READ MY LAST POST. IN yrs past, yes, he's disappeared, but this yr in the first round and all yr round he's been the best player. He's been hurt all this series and laying it all on the line.

Tell me what game, besides game two when everybody sucked and game 4 when he pulled his groin. He's disappeared. Manu has DISAPPEARED more than Tony. PROVE ME WRONG!

jcrod
05-17-2006, 10:19 PM
jcrod has the IQ of a Mavfan.

Si Guey. I'm not the one who said offense creates defense :lmao

SenorSpur
05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
I admit that because he's such a good scoring guard, he can easily draw the defense in and kick back to trailers. Tony did drop a couple of excellent dimes to Tim. That behind-the-back pass to Tim was really sweet.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 01:12 AM
You guys are all idiots.

Parker was 50% healthy today.

50%.

Pop asked him to take 25 shots and continue to shoot/drive himself early and often to try to get the Mavs in foul trouble.

He is doing exactly what he's asked.

I knew there'd be no way that he'd have anything left in the 2nd half for how strong he came out in the first quarter.

Most of the Spurs, if they had Tony's injuries, wouldn't even play.

So please, get a clue.

He's listening to his coach.

BgT
05-18-2006, 01:26 AM
That's not true. Not in POs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Si Guey. I'm not the one who said offense creates defense :lmao
well...I don't agree Parker's offensive game is the problem...

I think good offense leads to good defense and vice versa...A lot of ill-advised jumpshots lead to the other team getting the rebound and getting fastbreak points...hence the Defensive lapses.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 01:37 AM
50% healthy and nearly 30 points and Spurs fans are complaining.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 01:39 AM
You guys are all idiots.

Parker was 50% healthy today.

50%.

Pop asked him to take 25 shots and continue to shoot/drive himself early and often to try to get the Mavs in foul trouble.

He is doing exactly what he's asked.

I knew there'd be no way that he'd have anything left in the 2nd half for how strong he came out in the first quarter.

So please, get a clue.

He's listening to his coach.
I like Parker's heart...and effort, but why Does Parker have to listen to Pop's suggestion to a Tee...when I watch the game there are so many bad decisions he takes when he could have easily deferred the ball instead of forcing a Lay Up...I don't know why you find it so hard to apologize for Parker's shortcomings....It's a bit Homerish. IF he's HURT he has to do what he can and not do what he could have done if he were 100 PERCENT...He should adjust his role...Pop can only coach him so much. He needs to step up...and quit saying "pop tells me so. so I do it" well if it's not getting good results CUT POP's DECISION and DISH out that SHIT.

orhe
05-18-2006, 01:43 AM
fuck everyone its not our O that is the problem its our DEFENSE

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 01:46 AM
I like Parker's heart...and effort, but why Does Parker have to listen to Pop's suggestion to a Tee...when I watch the game there are so many bad decisions he takes when he could have easily deferred the ball instead of forcing a Lay Up...I don't know why you find it so hard to apologize for Parker's shortcomings....It's a bit Homerish. IF he's HURT he has to do what he can and not do what he could have done if he were 100 PERCENT...He should adjust his role...Pop can only coach him so much. He needs to step up...and quit saying "pop tells me so. so I do it" well if it's not getting good results CUT POP's DECISION and DISH out that SHIT.

Pop runs this team in case you didn't notice.

Players break plays and get benched.

That's how it works.

Tonight Pop's head almost exploded when Tony did the behind the back pass to Tim for a dunk.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 01:53 AM

Pop runs this team in case you didn't notice.

Players break plays and get benched.

That's how it works.

Tonight Pop's head almost exploded when Tony did the behind the back pass to Tim for a dunk.
I like it when he broke that play...We need more room to flow...The micromanaged Rotations have been killing me this year...Manu made his own decision off that broken play in game 5 in the Finals with that pass to Horry...

I'm not trying to deny the good Tony brings...which are the quick leads and answering baskets and consistent scoring...but sometimes he makes costly turnovers...like today--that give the opponents opportunities on offense, because he tries to force iso-plays at times. His ball handling leaves a lot of motion to be desired at some stretches...when there isn't a good open look for him.

We had a 10 point lead that could have been sustained with our O...we did show signs of D today. And Tony made some mistakes handling the ball...which cost us an outcome that could have been a more comfortable margin.

rasho8
05-18-2006, 01:55 AM
I think NVE's time should be cut in half and say what I always say "PUT BENO IN!!!"
When Parker is resting and NVE isnt in a groove, test Beno... see what happens.
Half our bench will be rusted out shells by the time we get to the finals.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 01:57 AM
I like it when he broke that play...We need more room to flow...The micromanaged Rotations have been killing me this year...Manu made his own decision off that broken play in game 5 in the Finals with that pass to Horry...

I'm not trying to deny the good Tony brings...which are the quick leads and answering baskets and consistent scoring...but sometimes he makes costly turnovers...like today--that give the opponents opportunities on offense, because he tries to force iso-plays at times. His ball handling leaves a lot of motion to be desired at some stretches...when there isn't a good open look for him.

We had a 10 point lead that could have been sustained with our O...we did show signs of D today. And Tony made some mistakes handling the ball...which cost us an outcome that could have been a more comfortable margin.

Like I said, 50% healthy.

No one else noticed how gimpy he was in the 2nd half?

Unbelievable.

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2006, 01:58 AM
never seen a moron give up a 10pt lead on 4 lousy possessions and cant play to pressure down the stretch, time release beno!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Like I said, 50% healthy.

No one else noticed how gimpy he was in the 2nd half?

Unbelievable.
Fine he gets a pass for that. In general Parker's done this even not gimpy. Pop is at fault for not reading his players then..He shouldn't have been handling the ball if he started to hurt...Manu and Barry should have, just like how Pop adjusted last year when Parker wasn't delivering. Wasn't he also hurt last year sometime in the Postseason...

Gerryatrics
05-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Parker 36:57
Duncan 44:28

Parker 11-24
Duncan 13-19

Duncan was 11-11 in the first half, he had Keith Van Freakin' Horn guarding him for a while, he played seven and a half more minutes than TP. So why did TP take five more shots? And please, enough with the "Pop told him to take 25 shots" bullshit. Unless you can find me a quote of Pop telling TP to take it 1 on 4, I'm not buying it. Parker once again had more turnovers than assists, he single-handedly caused some point swings in the Mav's favour thanks to blown layups, turnovers and not getting his teammates involved.

Bowen 0-0
Finley 5-8
Barry 2-2
Van Exel 0-2
Horry 0-1

Except for Finley, nobody outside the big three got involved, at all. Contrary to what the resident blind homers seem to believe, the big three can't shoulder the entire load themselves. The strongest bench in the NBA got the Spurs 63 wins. Tony needs to get other players involved to open up the floor for the big three. If Duncan doesn't go nuts and dominate the paint the Spurs would have been screwed.

Oh yeah, and you're all idiots.

trueD
05-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Fine he gets a pass for that. In general Parker's done this even not gimpy. Pop is at fault for not reading his players then..He shouldn't have been handling the ball if he started to hurt...Manu and Barry should have, just like how Pop adjusted last year when Parker wasn't delivering. Wasn't he also hurt last year sometime in the Postseason...Pardon me for jumping in but you guys won this game, didn't you?

Parker creates more turnovers because he handles the ball so often. (I know, b-ball 101 but just had to throw it in :lol)

Proper defense is inspired by good offense. Defending the basket is a natural reaction to scoring points, isn't it? It's much more difficult to guard your guy when you are thinking about that last turnover, but that's just me.

Next thread that reads fire Pop I'm jumping in with my negative diatribe on Adelman, and you'll all be so grateful!

xoxo

jcrod
05-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Fine he gets a pass for that. In general Parker's done this even not gimpy. Pop is at fault for not reading his players then..He shouldn't have been handling the ball if he started to hurt...Manu and Barry should have, just like how Pop adjusted last year when Parker wasn't delivering. Wasn't he also hurt last year sometime in the Postseason...

:blah

Damn, what else do you want him to do??? The guy shoots over 50% and you're bitching. Tell me what guy did you want him to pass it off to who shoots better???????????????

jcrod
05-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Parker 36:57
Duncan 44:28

Parker 11-24
Duncan 13-19

Duncan was 11-11 in the first half, he had Keith Van Freakin' Horn guarding him for a while, he played seven and a half more minutes than TP. So why did TP take five more shots? And please, enough with the "Pop told him to take 25 shots" bullshit. Unless you can find me a quote of Pop telling TP to take it 1 on 4, I'm not buying it. Parker once again had more turnovers than assists, he single-handedly caused some point swings in the Mav's favour thanks to blown layups, turnovers and not getting his teammates involved.

Bowen 0-0
Finley 5-8
Barry 2-2
Van Exel 0-2
Horry 0-1

Except for Finley, nobody outside the big three got involved, at all. Contrary to what the resident blind homers seem to believe, the big three can't shoulder the entire load themselves. The strongest bench in the NBA got the Spurs 63 wins. Tony needs to get other players involved to open up the floor for the big three. If Duncan doesn't go nuts and dominate the paint the Spurs would have been screwed.

Oh yeah, and you're all idiots.

Parker was 6-8 in the first qtr. In the second half he gave way to TIM. WATCH THE FING GAME. He didn't limit Tim's production!!

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Shoots over 50%

scores 27

hes out there can barely walk.

ANd you fucktards are ripping him up.

You people should be put in the fucking nut house.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm not even saying that Tony has had a great series. He hasn't.

He's made mistakes, he's gotten tunnel vision on occasion, he's missed easy shots.

But I also know that he's doing all he can. He got hurt in Game 6 against the Kings in his left thigh. He got a worse bruise on his right thigh in Game 1 of this series. He wore heavy pads in Games 2 and 3. He pulled his groin in game 4. He wore thigh pads and some groin pad tonight. I was told by someone close to him that he was about 50% good to go today. He gave it all he could early in the game to try to get the Spurs off to a good start on offense and get the Mavs in foul trouble (DHarris got 2 quick fouls).

When you guys are talking about the 10 point lead dissappearing, that's when the Mavs went to zone (if you didn't notice). That killed the Spurs.. they didn't handle it well.

Tony and Tim got the Spurs off to a great start, Manu and Bruce brought them home.

Team work.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:15 AM
BTW,

anyone that DIDN't SEE that this guy was limping badly in the second half, needs to buy a damn clue.

Dude left it ALL on the floor tonight.

I think Parker played fabulous for being only 50%

Hopefully he sleeps in tommarow, gets treatment, gets on the plane, off the plane, treatment treatment, lovin from a hot bad named Eva, tad more treatment, then game day.

27 points and hes dissapeared.

God you people are morons.

rasho8
05-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Parker is handing people there asses and isnt even bothering to make a list of names... hes doing it to fast. Im not on board with NVE, although once in a while he buries a three... most of the time he tries to make music off the rim and hear the pretty "BONK!" sound.
I say try Beno for 3 of NVE's minutes in game 6 and see how well he does.. if he does well, let him keep it up.. but put him in as SG, not PG.

Tony is rockin... Tim is dominating every center they throw at him... I have nothing to complain about except... When the fuck did the Spurs turn into the Pheonix goddamned Suns? Arent we a defensive team? Not a "Lets try to make 150 points!!!" team?

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Oh and by the way, Parker took another shot to his thigh(?) in the 4th. So he's probably even more gimpy by next game.

Gerryatrics
05-18-2006, 02:17 AM
11-24 is over 50%? And if he can't walk why is he running the point? If he's healthy enough to play he's healthy enough to take the heat for being selfish. I'm sorry he's hurting, but I don't see how that's an excuse for not passing the ball.

And the whole lot of you are idiots.

polandprzem
05-18-2006, 02:19 AM
You people should be put in the fucking nut house.

----
so AJ goes to the zone. Smart guy.

jcrod
11-24 is over 50%? And if he can't walk why is he running the point? If he's healthy enough to play he's healthy enough to take the heat for being selfish. I'm sorry he's hurting, but I don't see how that's an excuse for not passing the ball.

:rolleyes

I give up.

T Park

Ah a Supersonics fan.

How many ping pong balls you guys got??

Go away...

Parker eats and shits guys like Ridenour and Watson for breakfast and you have the balls to come here and rip him up after giving 27 points in a clutch game?

FUCK YOU.

GO AWAY>

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:22 AM
What I want out of Parker is 30 points in the first three quarters. For whatever reason (youth, game plan, size, lack of jumper, health, whatever) he isn't a fourth quarter player. That's when I want Manu and Tim to take over.

But in the first three quarters, Parker has to keep the Spurs afloat by scoring. I don't know if Spurs fans understand that the Mavs are daring Parker to beat them. They are sending no help at all. None. If Parker doesn't score around 30, the Spurs have no chance.

His passing isn't great right now but I know Pop has hammered it into his head that he has to score against the Mavs. If you are going to criticize Parker, you can knock his decision-making or even his team defense awareness off the ball, but he has to shoot this much. The Mavs are forcing it.

Gerryatrics
05-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Parker was 6-8 in the first qtr. In the second half he gave way to TIM. WATCH THE FING GAME. He didn't limit Tim's production!!

Actually Parker was 6-10. Duncan was 3-3. Parker was 0-4 in the second quarter. Duncan was 8-8. Parker was 5-9 in the third. Duncan was 1-2. Parker was 0-1 in the fourth. Duncan was 1-6. Parker took two more shots than Duncan in the second half. I did watch the game, where were you?

And you, like everyone else, are an idiot.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Oh and by the way, Parker took another shot to his thigh(?) in the 4th. So he's probably even more gimpy by next game.

God, the poor kid can't get a break!!!!

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 02:24 AM
Sometimes, you gotta call your own number.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Pardon me for jumping in but you guys won this game, didn't you?

Parker creates more turnovers because he handles the ball so often. (I know, b-ball 101 but just had to throw it in :lol)

Proper defense is inspired by good offense. Defending the basket is a natural reaction to scoring points, isn't it? It's much more difficult to guard your guy when you are thinking about that last turnover, but that's just me.

Next thread that reads fire Pop I'm jumping in with my negative diatribe on Adelman, and you'll all be so grateful!

xoxo
We could have easily lost it like a repeat of the last 2 games... we would have paid for those mistakes...Parker's allowed to make turnovers when he's handling point...but those were just ugly.. I know Nash had an ugly game too last night....but we really blew a good run of a 10 point leads thanks to those turnovers...Tim also had a turnover there too...

2centsworth
I'll go with Pop on this one "if we can get tony to play in the 2nd half like he does in the 1st it would help us out a lot"

polandprzem
What I want out of Parker is 30 points in the first three quarters. For whatever reason (youth, game plan, size, lack of jumper, health, whatever) he isn't a fourth quarter player. That's when I want Manu and Tim to take over.

But in the first three quarters, Parker has to keep the Spurs afloat by scoring. I don't know if Spurs fans understand that the Mavs are daring Parker to beat them. They are sending no help at all. None. If Parker doesn't score around 30, the Spurs have no chance.

His passing isn't great right now but I know Pop has hammered it into his head that he has to score against the Mavs. If you are going to criticize Parker, you can knock his decision-making or even his team defense awareness off the ball, but he has to shoot this much. The Mavs are forcing it.

That's the problem in this series. The mavs forcing Spurs to do something. It should be other way :(

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm not even saying that Tony has had a great series. He hasn't.

He's made mistakes, he's gotten tunnel vision on occasion, he's missed easy shots.

But I also know that he's doing all he can. He got hurt in Game 6 against the Kings in his left thigh. He got a worse bruise on his right thigh in Game 1 of this series. He wore heavy pads in Games 2 and 3. He pulled his groin in game 4. He wore thigh pads and some groin pad tonight. I was told by someone close to him that he was about 50% good to go today. He gave it all he could early in the game to try to get the Spurs off to a good start on offense and get the Mavs in foul trouble (DHarris got 2 quick fouls).

When you guys are talking about the 10 point lead dissappearing, that's when the Mavs went to zone (if you didn't notice). That killed the Spurs.. they didn't handle it well.

Tony and Tim got the Spurs off to a great start, Manu and Bruce brought them home.

Team work. I know Parker is well-intentioned but he needs to pace himself I guess now that he's limited by injury for the long haul of 48 minutes...Mavs got so many second chance points in that run. They saw us not scoring and they took it to us.

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Spurs fans are classic. The Mavs aren't leaving anyone on the perimeter to help when Parker has the ball. Who is he supposed to pass it to? It's not like he's driving and he's missing wide open shooters on the perimeter.

If you want to say Tony needs to sack up and stop talking about how injured he is, I could see where you're coming from. But to say he's not passing enough shows you don't understand the defense the Mavs are playing.

jcrod
05-18-2006, 02:32 AM

WHAT??? Everybody has bad decisions! Tell me where he was overly bad compared to anybody else.

Defense Awareness, where was it bad, what juncture of the game did him make a bad decision. Sure he made bad mistakes, but to say he made more than anybody esle is stupid.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Fucking idiots. I want to bash you all with a cheerstick made out of lead.

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
WHAT??? Everybody has bad decisions! Tell me where he was overly bad compared to anybody else.

Defense Awareness, where was it bad, what juncture of the game did him make a bad decision. Sure he made bad mistakes, but to say he made more than anybody esle is stupid.

Parker is human, ya' know.

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Fucking idiots. I want to bash you all with a cheerstick made out of lead.Manny, Pop was critical of Tony during his post game interview. I'm a big parker fan, but think he can gives the spurs a little more. We are going to need it.

trueD
05-18-2006, 02:35 AM
We could have easily lost it like a repeat of the last 2 games... we would have paid for those mistakes...Parker's allowed to make turnovers when he's handling point...but those were just ugly.. I know Nash had an ugly game too last night....but we really blew a good run of a 10 point leads thanks to those turnovers...It happens--Nash, Bibby, Billups, even Lebron :oops ...you gotta take the good (27 points) with the bad.

Hey, tonight is DIRK'S night for self-mutilation. :spin

And I agree, why are the Spurs submitting to playing Dallas' brand of b-ball? those 10 points came and went in the blink of an eye! Not usually so with defensive monsters like the Spurs. Tough matchup, but Pop adjusted by Game 6 with us, expect it will happen at Mav's too.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:35 AM
If Parker was 100% he is able to deny penetration and shut down drivers like Harris and Terry.

He just doesn't have the legs so its a freakin shootout.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Spurs fans are classic. The Mavs aren't leaving anyone on the perimeter to help when Parker has the ball. Who is he supposed to pass it to? It's not like he's driving and he's missing wide open shooters on the perimeter.

If you want to say Tony needs to sack up and stop talking about how injured he is, I could see where you're coming from. But to say he's not passing enough shows you don't understand the defense the Mavs are playing.

Tony isn't even talking pubically aout how injured he is. I am. :lol In postgame, Pop even pretends he's not injured at all. "He's fine. It's the playoffs." But then after the podium interviews Pop says that they need get Tony healthy enough so that he can maintain his energy/aggressive level in the second half.

jcrod
05-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Parker is human, ya' know.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why hang hin out to dry when everybody else is making the same mistakes????????????

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 02:39 AM
I'll go with Pop on this one "if we can get tony to play in the 2nd half like he does in the 1st it would help us out a lot"

I believe that was in reference to Tony's health for the most part (not completely). After the podium interviews Pop said that they need to get Tony health enough that he can main his same energy level in both halves.

Tony's worst quarter was actually the second quarter (shooting wise).

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why hang hin out to dry when everybody else is making the same mistakes????????????

How am I hanging him out to dry? Aren't I in this thread defending him?

jcrod
05-18-2006, 02:45 AM
If you are going to criticize Parker, you can knock his decision-making or even his team defense awareness off the ball, but he has to shoot this much. The Mavs are forcing it.

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:49 AM
You think he played a flawless game? He made mistakes. He took a couple shots late in the third out of rhythm. He didn't feed Duncan a couple times he should have. He didn't push it up the court fast enough for the coach's liking a couple times.

Defensively, he made a horrible rotation and gave up a layup in the fourth. He was also late coming on a double down the stretch.

Parker isn't going to be a perfect point guard at his age. He's going to make mistakes. But what I'm saying in this thread is that the fans saying he's shooting too much are off base. They don't understand what the Mavs are doing defensively.

admiral50
05-18-2006, 02:54 AM
I agree wit cheguevara!

jcrod
05-18-2006, 03:01 AM
You think he played a flawless game? He made mistakes. He took a couple shots late in the third out of rhythm. He didn't feed Duncan a couple times he should have. He didn't push it up the court fast enough for the coach's liking a couple times.

Defensively, he made a horrible rotation and gave up a layup in the fourth. He was also late coming on a double down the stretch.

Parker isn't going to be a perfect point guard at his age. He's going to make mistakes. But what I'm saying in this thread is that the fans saying he's shooting too much are off base. They don't understand what the Mavs are doing defensively.

Show me where I said he was perfect. If you read the thread, I said he wasn't. But to say he made mistake way and beyond what anybody else did is stupid.

Sure he made defense mistakes, especially the one where he left Devin Harris under the basket alone sticks out.

But to say he's the problem is moronic, not saying you did but that's what this whole thread is based on.

Gerryatrics
05-18-2006, 03:05 AM
He should have fed the ball to Duncan exclusively when KVH was in the game. I was almost screaming at the TV when he passed up Duncan to force a bad layup in traffic. Duncan could have gone like 15-15 instead of 8-8 thanks to KVH's presence.

I don't see how dribbling 15 seconds off the clock and taking a 15 foot jumper is forced on Tony, but Barry, Horry, or Van Exel can't do the same. If we are settling for that, at least let the bench players take poor shots to, you know, get them involved. If TP needs 25 shots, have him take a teardrop floater every time he sees daylight.

And I'm forced once again to the conclusion that you're all idiots.

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 03:10 AM

Dude, it was the Steelers that did it. Not the Spurs. Time to let go.

timvp
05-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Dude, it was the Steelers that did it. Not the Spurs. Time to let go.

Low blow.

jcrod
05-18-2006, 03:15 AM
He should have fed the ball to Duncan exclusively when KVH was in the game. I was almost screaming at the TV when he passed up Duncan to force a bad layup in traffic. Duncan could have gone like 15-15 instead of 8-8 thanks to KVH's presence.

I don't see how dribbling 15 seconds off the clock and taking a 15 foot jumper is forced on Tony, but Barry, Horry, or Van Exel can't do the same. If we are settling for that, at least let the bench players take poor shots to, you know, get them involved. If TP needs 25 shots, have him take a teardrop floater every time he sees daylight.

Yeah getting Van Horn 5 fouls in 3 minutes shows we weren't feeding Duncan enough!!!!

Gerryatrics
05-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Funny, I think if the officiating was brought up now there would be a hell of lot less people saying Seahawks fans are just whining because they lost and the refs didn't have anything to do with the outcome. I would maybe rub that in but I'm hitched to the Spurs wagon too.

jcrod
05-18-2006, 03:17 AM

Yeah getting Van Horn 5 fouls in 3 minutes shows we weren't feeding Duncan enough!!!!

With that said, I think we should've given Duncan more touches. But this also falls on TD passing the ball out instead of taking it to the hole. Especially when he passed it to TP when he fumbled the ball.

jcrod
05-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Funny, I think if the officiating was brought up now there would be a hell of lot less people saying Seahawks fans are just whining because they lost and the refs didn't have anything to do with the outcome. I would maybe rub that in but I'm hitched to the Spurs wagon too.

Hey, I think the Seahawks got JOBBED BIG TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm a Cowboy fan. I was screaming at the last minutes when every call was going for the steelers.

polandprzem
05-18-2006, 03:19 AM
What bothers me the most in TP's game?

The courtvision. And you can't learn that stuff.

notoveryet7
05-18-2006, 05:53 AM
c'mon guys when will you finally give TP credit..he's earned it...leading scorer for the team....the team needs to ge themselves involved when they have the opportunity... and trust me if pop wanted tony to pass more...Tony would pass more...just relax... the Spurs know what there doing...TP is not losing games for us..remember that!

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2006, 06:52 AM
Tony parker is leading me to an early grave. His play early in the game was phenomenal but he is killing me late in the games. We were up by 10 points with the ball with about 2:30 minutes left in the 3rd qtr and my only thought was Tony don't waste these possessions.. What does he do? He goes down drives forces up a layup that does not get to the rim Dallas scores. Next trip down the court a couple of passes parker missess an 18ft jump shot without TD touching the ball and Dallas comes back and scores. The 3rd possession? Guess what Tony drives the lane gets caught in the air which leads to Dirk's 3 pointer and bingo a 3 point game going into the 4th qtr. Not one of these three possessions did TD touch the ball... I have been hard on parker all season and it is these instances where his decision making kills me... I know he played great but I can count at least 7 possessions in the last 2 games where mental mistakes has almost ended our season. His 4 travels in game 4 and these 3 bad possessions.. Pop needs to remind him to be agressive but to make better decisions.. Enough ranting about TP he played great for 2 3/4 qtrs... We have life..

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 07:20 AM
There was one play in the 4Q where Parker got the ball and as soon as I saw him catch, I told my wife "watch him drive to the basket and try to score, but flub it all up". Sure enough, that's what happened. He needs to understand that the odds are against him scoring like that the majority of the time and kick it out. I counted something like 4 times that he did that in the 2H alone.

WalterBenitez
05-18-2006, 07:39 AM
dont worry once 4th quarter rolls around he'll turn into the invisble man

Ironic or sarcastic? :rolleyes

WalterBenitez
05-18-2006, 07:47 AM
c'mon guys when will you finally give TP credit..he's earned it...leading scorer for the team....the team needs to ge themselves involved when they have the opportunity... and trust me if pop wanted tony to pass more...Tony would pass more...just relax... the Spurs know what there doing...TP is not losing games for us..remember that!

Perfect, the kid doesn't get the respect he deserves ... he is 24 ... but I have my concern on his style ... shoot first later pass, I think that's ok because he is becoming dangerous, sorry DANGEROUS ... but a team needs that PG involves more teammates.

I think he only needs to manage his skills, not trying to be THE GUY, ... when he starts to act like a manager, distributor ... believe me you'll forget Nash and Kidd.

Dartherus
05-18-2006, 09:16 AM
I know Parker scores a lot, but hey, scoring a lot is euql to playing the best ofr the team? (BTW, Parker scored 27 tonight, but his Effciency was 14, less than Manu's, for instance, who only cores 18).

Now look at the 2 posts below:

If fans notice so easily, and more important are able to PREDICT so easily Parker's behavior on such parts of the game...? Can you imagine what Dallas coaching staff can predict?

I sincerely ask you Spurs fans....What does it says about Spurs offense that the Spurs point guard, despite being so quick and have great dribbling, seems so unidimensional and predictable?

Tony parker is leading me to an early grave. His play early in the game was phenomenal but he is killing me late in the games. We were up by 10 points with the ball with about 2:30 minutes left in the 3rd qtr and my only thought was Tony don't waste these possessions.. What does he do? He goes down drives forces up a layup that does not get to the rim Dallas scores. Next trip down the court a couple of passes parker missess an 18ft jump shot without TD touching the ball and Dallas comes back and scores. The 3rd possession? Guess what Tony drives the lane gets caught in the air which leads to Dirk's 3 pointer and bingo a 3 point game going into the 4th qtr. Not one of these three possessions did TD touch the ball... I have been hard on parker all season and it is these instances where his decision making kills me... I know he played great but I can count at least 7 possessions in the last 2 games where mental mistakes has almost ended our season. His 4 travels in game 4 and these 3 bad possessions.. Pop needs to remind him to be agressive but to make better decisions.. Enough ranting about TP he played great for 2 3/4 qtrs... We have life..

There was one play in the 4Q where Parker got the ball and as soon as I saw him catch, I told my wife "watch him drive to the basket and try to score, but flub it all up". Sure enough, that's what happened. He needs to understand that the odds are against him scoring like that the majority of the time and kick it out. I counted something like 4 times that he did that in the 2H alone.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I know Parker scores a lot, but hey, scoring a lot is euql to playing the best ofr the team? (BTW, Parker scored 27 tonight, but his Effciency was 14, less than Manu's, for instance, who only cores 18).

Now look at the 2 posts below:

If fans notice so easily, and more important are able to PREDICT so easily Parker's behavior on such parts of the game...? Can you imagine what Dallas coaching staff can predict?

I sincerely ask you Spurs fans....What does it says about Spurs offense that the Spurs point guard, despite being so quick and have great dribbling, seems so unidimensional and predictable?
I realize Tony is a key part of the team's scheme we need his offense..and some of us get carried away with expecting MORE maybe too much from him and forget the good he brings

...but yeah, sometimes Tony's game is a bit one-dimensional at times--that's when the defenses start to read his decisions....that's why I want him to cut some of Pop's advice, or at least stop following it to a T...24 Shots taken tonight???? Almost 25 Don't be so goddamn Literal TONY!...maybe if he had taken 21 shots --3 of those he actually chose to defer to Tim or Manu or Finley would have given us a cushion for once??? right??

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Ppl gonna attack Tp and ppl gonna defend him. What's new??????

The solution is somewhere inthe middle..... TP needs to involve his teammates a little more, that's what most ppl are asking, that's all! They are not slamming TP.

U TP lovers are too sensitive.

u're more sensitive than Manu lovers

tomati 9
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
I agree wit cheguevara!

Good for you.

Tell me something ! Spurs won or lose ?
Ah yes the won but you're right, tony parker takes 24 shots, it's horrible.

You're so idiots

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
^ as I was saying :rolleyes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 09:26 AM
^ as I was saying :rolleyes
:lol... you forgot to mention they're also deaf...

or in this case...blind.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 09:49 AM
:lmao Didn't we win Game 5???

Yes, there were several occasions yesterday where Parker messed up, when he should have passed the ball, when he should have pushed the ball up tempo, when his defense was suspect. Nonetheless, he DID manage to score 27 points on a decent shooting percentage. People are failing to credit Mavs transition defense and 3 point defense when discussing Parker's assists totals. You look at the Kings series, hell you look at the entire Spurs 2006 season, you'll see that Parker penetrating and drawing the defense in and kicking the ball out to perimeter 3 point shooters like Finley, Barry, Manu has been a large part of our game plan and why we won the first round and 63 games. How many 3 point shots did the Spurs make this series? Heck, how many open looks are the Mavs given the Spurs perimeter players?

Yesterday, Horry, NVE, Bowen (on offense who didn't take a single shot) and Barry were non-existent. Do people realize that Finley, Manu, Duncan, and Parker scored all but 5 of the Spurs points??! That's crazy.

And I dare one of you a-holes to call me a Parker homer. If you read and come to chat you know that I am actually one of Parker's biggest critics when he's messing up. But to constantly start threads that say "Parker is a ball-hog" "Parker is disappearing in the playoffs" "Parker never passes to Manu" etc. just makes you sound like you don't know anything about basketball.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 09:51 AM
PS. Every single freaking player on the Spurs roster, outside of Tim Duncan, has fucked up more than once in this series. Why does everyone call out Parker?

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2006, 09:59 AM
PS. Every single freaking player on the Spurs roster, outside of Tim Duncan, has fucked up more than once in this series. Why does everyone call out Parker?

Because he is the point guard who has the ball in his hands almost 90% of the time when he is in the game. Most people have a problem with his decision making (because he has the ball in his hands the majority of the time) myself included. As we all are aware these games come down to one or two possessions each game so it is imperitive Tony make good decisions. I am a born and raised San Antonian and love the Spurs but if you score 27 points but give away 5 possesions in tight game consistently people notice. I don't like to criticize someone without specific examples and I gave mine when he almost single handidly allowed the Mavs back in the game at the end of the 3rd qtr. Look we all want to win but EVERY possession is huge and we cannot afford to just force shots because we want to be aggressive.

There are two things I hope for when we play:

I hope Tim Duncan hits 60% of his foul shots every game
I hope TP does not give to many possessions away..

Rick Von Braun
05-18-2006, 10:09 AM

I disagree here. Please go back to your TIVO and watch the Spurs ball movement when Tony is taking a breather, in particular in the 4th quarter. Passing and sharing the ball is an essential part of basketball, and it keeps all the TEAM involved.

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Because he is the point guard who has the ball in his hands almost 90% of the time when he is in the game. Most people have a problem with his decision making (because he has the ball in his hands the majority of the time) myself included. As we all are aware these games come down to one or two possessions each game so it is imperitive Tony make good decisions. I am a born and raised San Antonian and love the Spurs but if you score 27 points but give away 5 possesions in tight game consistently people notice. I don't like to criticize someone without specific examples and I gave mine when he almost single handidly allowed the Mavs back in the game at the end of the 3rd qtr. Look we all want to win but EVERY possession is huge and we cannot afford to just force shots because we want to be aggressive.

There are two things I hope for when we play:

I hope Tim Duncan hits 60% of his foul shots every game
I hope TP does not give to many possessions away..

I disagree here. Please go back to your TIVO and watch the Spurs ball movement when Tony is taking a breather, in particular in the 4th quarter. Passing and sharing the ball is an essential part of basketball, and it keeps all the TEAM involved.

last 2 posts are MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$