PDA

View Full Version : AJ: "Hope", "Crowd" for Game 6.

SPARKY
05-17-2006, 11:49 PM
They're toast.

Shank
05-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Says who? What happened tonight that would lead you to believe such?

jmard5
05-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Will he whine in the post game interview?

genghisrex
Paraphrasing AJ: "We made some strong moves trying to get to the line and didn't get there. They got there a lot more than we did."

:flipoff

Leetonidas
He sounded defeated. When you "hope" your crowd will be "crazy," that's not good.

Spurologist
Funny how Avery mentions that this game was "well officiated" and "evenly called" Where were your comments on games 3 and 4.

Russ
05-17-2006, 11:52 PM
It's hard not to consider Dallas the big fav here, but . . .

Avery looks real nervous in the post-game press conf.

ducks
05-17-2006, 11:53 PM
aj is a fucking hyprocrite just like cuban

gingko
05-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Kind of harsh guys. You are really fishing for things here.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Says who? What happened tonight that would lead you to believe such?
Are you kidding...This game was the same as the last 2 games you won...The only difference is the ball bounced our way finally....

God, we're glad to be alive...but we are evenly matched. It's all about whoever outlasts the other one...whoever wants it more that night. Manu didn't give up got his offensive rebound, 2 CRucial Steals...and Bowen had a crucial Block we went down swinging and survived.

These games have been won by the small things...Dirk's miss was equivalent to Duncan's miss in game 4.

Buddy Holly
05-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Fishing?

AJ makes zero comments about freethrows or fouls after games 3 and 4 but magicly does tonight?

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2006, 12:43 AM
i thought this also............."hope"........"crowd".... i thought it took 12 men 48 minutes to win a game. not "hope" and "crowd". mavs next game plan will "hope" and "crowd", folks. i thing we're done.

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
AJ had his team ready to play tonight. This loss has to be devastating. Now he's searching for anything. Pop's voodoo is digging in.

infinite styles
05-18-2006, 12:52 AM
AJ's very slick with his comments this time around. no new rules mentioned just the fact that they didn't get to the line as often as the last 2 games.

SA210
05-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Fuck Avery! He mentioned the Mavs not getting free throws after he got handed 2 wins in Dallas.

Prick!

uwe blab 2
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
AJ was a gracious losing coach, just like Pop was the past few games. Pop said some very similiar things that Pop did.

J.T.
05-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Dirk: "We should feel good about our chances."

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 12:57 AM
They're scared.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2006, 12:58 AM
did anybody notice the "cough" when he said they didn't get as many foul shots down the stretch. very timely "cough".

texas84
05-18-2006, 01:03 AM
They're toast.

Definite grasping... Spurs haven't been able to put the Mavs away in any game. And now they're heading back up to Dallas.

I'm not being cocky, cause I think Game 6 will be the best game of this series... but I for one didn't believe this series ended tonight. I have had Mavs in 6 from the start, and now, yah they lost... but they have nothing to hang their head about. San Antonio has to bring their best shot Friday, and even if the Mavs lose... Game 7 will be the mother of all Game 7's!!

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Mavs didn't put away the Spurs in 2 games when they had their chance. Pressure's on the almighty Mavs now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 01:04 AM
who cares about the Mavs feelings...we just need to focus on playing our best. We've been able to take them to the brink on their homecourt so the pressures on them now

....the only thing left to show is Spurs blowingout the Mavs on their homecourt...And hopefully an adjusted lineup with--if only just a good stretch of D--will get that to happen. Then we can trade baskets with the offensive power of smallball all we want when we're comfy.

kg_veteran
05-18-2006, 01:13 AM
I can't believe you guys have the nerve to criticize Avery. After what we heard from Duncan and Bowen and others after Games 3 and 4, I'm not sure how you can call what Avery said "whining".

baseline bum
05-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Johnson is dead to me. 3 games in a row he has handed to him, and the Spurs finally get a couple of extra calls and the waterworks start.

Viva Las Espuelas
I can't believe you guys have the nerve to criticize Avery. After what we heard from Duncan and Bowen and others after Games 3 and 4, I'm not sure how you can call what Avery said "whining".
someone posed a question if he'd whine. goto Edit then Find and type in "whine". you'll find the question. type "whining" and you'll find your post.

kg_veteran
Johnson is dead to me. 3 games in a row he has handed to him, and the Spurs finally get a couple of extra calls and the waterworks start.

The waterworks start? Spare everybody the exaggeration.

The waterworks is Tim Duncan storming off after Game 4 like a spoiled brat.

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 01:17 AM

Hey, I just said he was broke tonight. Hard.

kg_veteran
05-18-2006, 01:18 AM
someone posed a question if he'd whine. goto Edit then Find and type in "whine". you'll find the question. type "whining" and you'll find your post.

This comment makes no sense.

If you can't see the difference between Avery's comments and the crap we heard from Duncan and Bowen after Games 3 and 4, well, you're not looking at things objectively.

kg_veteran
05-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey, I just said he was broke tonight. Hard.

We'll see what happens on Friday night. I think it's probably a bit premature to start claiming Game 6 a win based on the postgame press conference for Game 5.

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 01:19 AM
It looks like that mini-championship celebration after Game 4 was a bit premature.

infinite styles
05-18-2006, 01:20 AM
The waterworks start? Spare everybody the exaggeration.

The waterworks is Tim Duncan storming off after Game 4 like a spoiled brat.

Are you going to do this all night or just face the fact that your on a Spurs board and realize that we will critize and view things differently they you about your team?

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Looks like that GONE FISHING pic someone posted last night was a bit premature also. Mavs fans need to learn how to handle their load.

Cant_Be_Faded

+16 points on the faith scale

kg_veteran
It looks like that mini-championship celebration after Game 4 was a bit premature.

I didn't see any "mini-championship" celebration.

If the Spurs can win 3 in a row, then they deserve to win the series. If not, the Mavs are moving on. Frankly, I like the Mavs' odds. Not saying that the Spurs can't come back, because obviously they can. I just like the Mavs' chances.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2006, 01:23 AM
This comment makes no sense.

If you can't see the difference between Avery's comments and the crap we heard from Duncan and Bowen after Games 3 and 4, well, you're not looking at things objectively.

i'm just pointing out the facts. that's all.

kg_veteran
05-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Are you going to do this all night or just face the fact that your on a Spurs board and realize that we will critize and view things differently they you about your team?

Nah, I won't do it all night. In fact, I'm headed out.

This is the best Spurs board I've found. I guess I just expected better than to hear people criticizing Avery for "whining" after the pathetic bleating we've heard from the Spurs for the past 2 games.

Later.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 01:25 AM
I didn't see any "mini-championship" celebration.

Then you weren't paying attention

kskonn
I just can't wait for the next game. If it is half as good as tonights game then It will be a pleasure to watch. Tonight so many players were amazing, they did what they did best. Dirk made so many perfectly defended shots, duncan was duncan, parker got into the lane, Terry hit his jumpers, it was awesome I just want the same all at war in game six.

sorry I forgot Manu, he made many timely plays, vintage manu.

kg_veteran
i'm just pointing out the facts. that's all.

You're pointing out your opinion.

What was your opinion of the comments from Duncan and Bowen after Games 3 and 4?

Wait, never mind.

kg_veteran
05-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Then you weren't paying attention

Yeah, I was. I just don't agree with the way you are characterizing it. I think you guys say crap like that just to pump yourselves up.

Oh well, it's a great series. No matter how you see things, it's going to be a heck of a game on Friday night.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2006, 01:28 AM
You're pointing out your opinion.

What was your opinion of the comments from Duncan and Bowen after Games 3 and 4?

Wait, never mind.
pete and repeat go into a store. pete comes out. who's left?