PDA

View Full Version : Why the Mavs lost from a Mavs fan

gingko
05-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Why the Mavs lost..from a Mavs fan.

TD - Was spectacular.
Manu - Clutch steals at the end of the game.
Dirk - not driving on Bowen after he got past him.
Dirk - not putting in the putback.
Bowen - Nice D at the end
Mavs - Got to a better job of D the entire game - not just last 2 minutes.
Finley - Playing like Mavs fans always wished and wanted for him to play in the playoffs.
The Spurs - Playing a great game.

That being said... 1 point game. Could have gone either way and it was fun. Other than the end Dirk was great. Devin and Jet played great. I though Damp and Diop played much better in the second half and the Mavs outrebounded the Spurs again - so there are things to build one. Hopefully we win at home, cause game 7 scares me.

braeden0613
05-18-2006, 12:44 AM
finally a mavs fan that not a douchebag...oh and good points

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 12:45 AM

TD - Was spectacular.
Finley - Playing like Mavs fans always wished and wanted for him to play in the playoffs.

That being said... 1 point game. Could have gone either way and it was fun. Other than the end Dirk was great. Devin and Jet played great. I though Damp and Diop played much better in the second half and the Mavs outrebounded the Spurs again - so there are things to build one. Hopefully we win at home, cause game 7 scares me.Nice an objective fan...Manu's presence on the defensive end, really made the difference.

Kobe's commentary was right.

windboy226
05-18-2006, 12:46 AM
yup Dirk was great tonight...and he wasn't getting to the foul line not because the refs weren't calling it but because he was a jump shooter tonight...TD was just crazy in the first half-definitely playing like an MVP. Despite the loss, it's good to know even when the Spurs Big 3 goes bonkers and shoots lights out we can stay in the game.

uwe blab 2
05-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Good Game Spurs- This could of gone either way, just like the past two games. The Spurs had enough to pull out some stops making the Mavs just gave up too many turnovers. Headed back to BIG D for a big Game 6.

JHoLove
05-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Why the Mavs lost?

Because the Spurs outplayed them the whole game.. forget the calls bad ones both ways... even though I think Avery's preference to Stack late in the game in place of Howard.. really hurt us.

mouse
05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
This is why they lost.....

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/00000.jpg

gingko
05-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Definetly part of it. A good play by Bowen. Dirk should have been driving on that play cause he was already past Bowen.

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Definetly part of it. A good play by Bowen. Dirk should have been driving on that play cause he was already past Bowen.

Dirk showed what he is and always will be - a jump shooter. When the game is on the line and real pressure is on and he's not getting bailed out by Bavetta or someone else, he's just a jumpshooter.

Great game. So intense.

Mr. Peabody
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Why the Mavs lost?

Because the Spurs outplayed them the whole game.. forget the calls bad ones both ways... even though I think Avery's preference to Stack late in the game in place of Howard.. really hurt us.

For the Spurs outplaying them the whole game, the Mavs were a Dirk Nowitzki point blank shot-at-the-rim away from advancing to the WCF.

milkyway21
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/00000.jpgright! we badly needed that!

:lol

Extra Stout
05-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Uh-oh... Mavs fans are starting to get it... their eyes are opening...

Regardless of what happens this series, Dallas will win the West and maybe the championship next year, barring injury or Amare.

kg_veteran
For the Spurs outplaying them the whole game, the Mavs were a Dirk Nowitzki point blank shot-at-the-rim away from advancing to the WCF.

Good point. This is a series with two very evenly matched teams, and it literally is a play here or there that decides it.

See you guys in Dallas on Friday night.

LilMissSPURfect

awesome just awesome

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 12:58 AM

That's a foul, he's breathing on him.

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Spurs were a Duncan hook shot away from being 2-2 headed into tonight's game. And so on.

uwe blab 2
05-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Dirk showed what he is and always will be - a jump shooter. When the game is on the line and real pressure is on and he's not getting bailed out by Bavetta or someone else, he's just a jumpshooter.

Great game. So intense.

You obviously didn't watch Dirk in this series. He has been scoring from all over the court. He has been driving to the basket for most of the series. He didn't do enought of that tonight. He has also been getting some good assists from the double and tripple team he has been getting. Jumpshooters don't get that kind of attention from a great Spurs defense. An all NBA 1st teamer that can do many things does get that attention. I give all props to the Spurs with this win. Mavs will bounce back and win game 6.

GO MAVS

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 01:01 AM

That was a good no call.

Mr. Peabody
05-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Spurs were a Duncan hook shot away from being 2-2 headed into tonight's game. And so on.

I guess neither Duncan nor Nowitzski have been very clutch in this series.

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 01:02 AM
You obviously didn't watch Dirk in this series. He has been scoring from all over the court. He has been driving to the basket for most of the series. He didn't do enought of that tonight. He has also been getting some good assists from the double and tripple team he has been getting. Jumpshooters don't get that kind of attention from a great Spurs defense. An all NBA 1st teamer that can do many things does get that attention. I give all props to the Spurs with this win. Mavs will bounce back and win game 6.

GO MAVS
dirk was great tonight and he showed me a lot.

gingko
05-18-2006, 01:03 AM

Please. That is quite a reduction of one of the top 5 players in the leauge. He made quite a few drives to the lane tonight and was top 10 in the leauge in FTA this year.

????????
05-18-2006, 01:05 AM
The biggest key for the Spurs tonight - The game was called evenly and fairly. Damn, an NBA game called evenly and fairly... that doesnt happen often.

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 01:06 AM
You misunderstand. He can drive, but when the game is on the line, he shoots. It's like he's scared to get down low. He missed Game 3's final shot point blank but got a phantom foul, Game 4 he didn't even get to shoot, he got blocked by Bowen tonight, and he missed a wide open, point blank layup to win it.

mouse
05-18-2006, 01:06 AM
You notice no one is cursing today ? :lmao

funny thing is...Spurs lose ? 600 posters on line at 1 am in the morning.

Spurs win? 175 posters on line :smokin

Mr. Peabody
05-18-2006, 01:07 AM
The biggest key for the Spurs tonight - The game was called evenly and fairly. Damn, an NBA game called evenly and fairly... that doesnt happen often.

Was the game called evenly and fairly because we won or did we win because the game was called evenly and fairly?

Mr. Peabody
05-18-2006, 01:08 AM

Spurs win? 175 posters on line :smokin

We won, so the refs are great and Pop is a genius.

kskonn
05-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Why the Mavs lost?

I agree It is a proven fact that as Howard goes the mavs go. aren't the Mavs something like 19-0 when he scores 20. He has sort of been the spur killer this series(well so as Harris) I think the spurs switching bowen on to him in certain situations helped that tonight. But still Howard has been a player and with the Open shots Stack was missing tonight I would have thought howard would have been the preference.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 01:21 AM
They needed to curb one of their offensive threats. It's not gonna be Dirk, it has to be one of them...Howard was a good choice

..A lot of their Jumpers started to miss towards the second half.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-18-2006, 01:22 AM
That zone the Mavericks switched to was a brilliant move, imo. It was exactly like 2003 when Duncan was destroying them and they switched into zone coverage. Avery patiently held that card up his sleeve and only pulled it out when they absolutely needed it, down 10 in the 3rd.

jcrod
05-18-2006, 01:25 AM

TD - Was spectacular.

That being said... 1 point game. Could have gone either way and it was fun. Other than the end Dirk was great. Devin and Jet played great. I though Damp and Diop played much better in the second half and the Mavs outrebounded the Spurs again - so there are things to build one. Hopefully we win at home, cause game 7 scares me.

Great post bud!!!!!

Now this is a kind of post we've SHOULD expect from Mavs fans!!!!

milkyway21
05-18-2006, 01:33 AM

Spurs win? 175 posters on line :smokinshut up mouse a number of those 600 posters after a Spurs loss were Dallas Mavs fans taunting us and telling us how great they were... :lmao

now there's only you and a few others left. Some were still trying to digest last night's results.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:11 AM
finally a mavs fan that not a douchebag...oh and good points
if the mavs end up winning this series how long do you think that will last?

East Coast Babe
05-18-2006, 02:45 AM
Great post bud!!!!!

Now this is a kind of post we've SHOULD expect from Mavs fans!!!!

Why? Do you give them that kind of post when they win? Seems like if you like it, you should return the favor.