PDA

View Full Version : What I couldn't do for Brown. :)

angel_luv
05-18-2006, 01:36 AM
So I was up in the Terrace club during the second quarter( watching the game and cheering like mad :) ) when all of the sudden I felt someone behind me.

I turned around and it was Devin Brown and some of his pals. I was so
( pleasantly) surprised, I blurted out like we were old buds " Oh my gosh! Hi! How are you?"

Devin didn't seem to mind my exuberant welcome. He smiled back and said, "Fine. How are you?"

Apparently, the AT&T Center staff had been misinformed Devin because he thought he could sit in the ledge boxes.

They were already full with the season ticket holders, otherwise we probably would have let him.

I explained the situation and Devin was very understanding. I offered him our best table instead but his friends didn't think that was close enough. The table was for them in the first place.

Devin stayed and watched the game for awhile before taking off. I thought it was really sweet the way he came to our game. Good times! :D

Devin looks great by the way. He was wearing a nice blue dress shirt and tie and looked healthy and happy.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 01:37 AM
He was doing the postgame interviews for TNT in the locker room.

spurs=bling
05-18-2006, 01:37 AM
good story.

angel_luv
05-18-2006, 01:43 AM
He was doing the postgame interviews for TNT in the locker room.

That's awesome.

It was great having him back in the house. I took it as a good sign. :)

Carie
05-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Cool! I always wondered how it would look if once your team was out of the playoffs you went to another team's game and cheered for them. I'd love to see Malik at some of our playoff games :)

gmanrulz
05-18-2006, 02:01 AM
it doesnt matter what u couldnt do for brown, but rather, what can brown do for u

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Wouldn't mind having him back.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Wouldn't mind having him back.
why would he wanna come back? unless they get rid of barry or finley next year he wont get any playing time. he would get as much time to play as he is right now. and thats ZERO.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:30 AM
unless they get rid of barry or finley next year he wont get any playing time. he would get as much time to play as he is right now. and thats ZERO.

Devin Brown would be playing heavy minutes in this series.

A bulky guard who can rebound but play good D on a guy like Stackhouse??

Plus hit an open J?

Yeah the Spurs are missing two types

a Malik Rose and a Devin Brown.

Oberto was SUPPOSED to be that Malik Rose, but oh well.

Parker 09
05-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Brown would definalty play in this series. He's tough nuggety player i'd love to have him back and malik about 4 mil per yer cheaper but oh well

whottt
05-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Devin once played some awesome D on Dirk as well...

If he were on the team he'd be the best perimeter defender behind Bowen and he would have been huge in the Sacremento series, he is tailor made to guard Bonzi.

Carie
05-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Pop mentioned in an interview that Brown's game changed once he hurt his back. How so?

SA210
05-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I say put Devin Brown in the game, he can wear a Manu mask or something. :lol

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Umm, Angel, did you remember to execute our secret plan??

pache100
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
That's a cool story, angel. I love Devin Brown. I know he had his faults, but there are very few players who put more of themselves into their game than Devin. Thanks for sharing with us!

~Sweetmelody~
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I say put Devin Brown in the game, he can wear a Manu mask or something. :lol

:lol :lol
I almost gave myself away...no internet on the office

Great Story Angel!

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Last night was Old Home night at the AT&T Center -- almost half of the 1999 Championship team was in the house.

Timmy showing championship form.

The Admiral at his usual courtside perch.

Sean Elliott and wife viewing from the baseline (though Sean wore a blue shirt -- what kind of crap is that?).

AJ doing his thing on the Dallas bench.

Antonio Daniels sitting alongside Amy Duncan.

Steve Kerr doing play-by-play for TNT.

pache100
05-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Last night was Old Home night at the AT&T Center -- almost half of the 1999 Championship team was in the house.

Timmy showing championship form.

The Admiral at his usual courtside perch.

Sean Elliott and wife viewing from the baseline (though Sean wore a blue shirt -- what kind of crap is that?).

AJ doing his thing on the Dallas bench.

Antonio Daniels sitting alongside Amy Duncan.

Steve Kerr doing play-by-play for TNT.

sigh...

With Devin there, all we needed was for Malik and Steven Jackson to show up. Wonder where they are? (I know...fishing)

angel_luv
05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Hail hail the gang's all here.

If he wasn't there, I bet Maliky was watching on t.v. somewhere.

Maybe Hedo too. :)

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:47 AM
:lol :lol
I almost gave myself away...no internet on the office

:wtf Then how are you posting?