PDA

View Full Version : The Pistons & Spurs Boat -- Believe

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:03 AM
Well, it looks like the Spurs and the Pistons are in the same boat. Both teams down 3-2 and heading on the road.

Common sense says Spurs fans should root against the Pistons. The Pistons are the one team that the Spurs don't have homecourt advantage against, so if the Spurs were able to beat the Mavs, the easier road would be a road not including Detroit.

But we ain't going out like that. Neither of our teams deserve to be out in the second round. The Spurs are better than the Mavs. The Pistons are better than the Cavs.

I want both teams to at least reach their conference finals. If they aren't good enough to advance after that, then sobeit.

Let's do this. I'm willing to make a deal with the devil.

Spurs fans and Pistons fans unite.

This one thread.

We both need one win on the road.

Believe.

Carie
05-18-2006, 02:04 AM
I want to play the best team in the Finals. Go Pistons.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Stronger than never ever before.
San antonio Spurs are a drug against war.

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Fuck right! I Believe. In the Spurs, and the Pistons.

T Park
I dunno.

AFter we win this series, if they are done already?

Good lord, your eyes have to get HUGE at the possibility that back to back is EASIER than EVER!

God Spurs, come back and win this series, and we can DO IT!!!

SilverPlayer
Hell to the Yeah ...Go Pistons! Go Spurs!

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 02:07 AM
Boat is barely floating, I say throw them overboard and save ourselves.

timvp
I'm willing to make the deal that if it takes the Pistons to advance for the Spurs to advance, I do that trade.

In a normal situation I'd be rooting for the Cavs. But both the Spurs and the Pistons are in the same exact boat right now. Might as well unite for a common good.

Believe.

polandprzem
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41530

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Rolling and unrolling.
Coiling, emerging.
Running free
Running through
the underworld
into your room.

DuncanInYourFace
05-18-2006, 02:10 AM
word

It's not even about back-to-back, it's about how the NBA is being hijacked by stern and his army of officials to kill defensive bball for better TV ratings.

Spurs/Pistons solidarity

That being said, Spurs or Mavs would DESTROY the Cavs

milkyway21
05-18-2006, 02:15 AM
i want to face Miami-HCA.

But what the heck, better teams deserve to win the conference semis......

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 02:20 AM
I want to play the Pistons. The series last year was epic. Fuck the rest of America, I want great basketball.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 02:21 AM

the best team = the one who gets there

if the Spurs and Pistons dont get there, it means they arent the best.........why is that so hard to understand for Spurs and Pistons fans? :angel

Pistons < Spurs
05-18-2006, 02:21 AM
I want to play the Pistons. The series last year was epic. Fuck the rest of America, I want great basketball.
:tu

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 02:22 AM
I want to play the Pistons. The series last year was epic. Fuck the rest of America, I want great basketball.san antonio vs cleveland would be great too. Spurs organization would shine in that series.

I like detroit, but don't want their problems dragging us down.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:22 AM
I want the easiest road possible.

FUck it, we deserve it after 04 :lol

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 02:23 AM
I might support this out of gratitude for Piston fans not behaving like Mavs fans in here.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:25 AM
True to that.

At least Piston fan has the,

wait a minute.

Wasn't it Piston fans running shit about the Spurs after game 4 against the Kings?

hmmmmmm......

dav4463
05-18-2006, 02:26 AM
We see the way the game is now being called, emphasizing the
scoring and trying to take away the advantage of being a great defensive team. That is why the Spurs and Pistons need to band together and defeat Stern and his attempt at better ratings and flashier teams in the finals.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 02:30 AM
Pistons fans rule. Mavs fans are the worst motherfuckers on earth and I wish them all herpes of the ass. HITA for Mavs fan.

Go Pistons.

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Pistons fans rule. Mavs fans are the worst motherfuckers on earth and I wish them all herpes of the ass. HITA for Mavs fan.

Go Pistons.
only reason to root for them is because they are pretty cool.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:32 AM
word

It's not even about back-to-back, it's about how the NBA is being hijacked by stern and his army of officials to kill defensive bball for better TV ratings.

Spurs/Pistons solidarity

That being said, Spurs or Mavs would DESTROY the Cavs
I never cared about the back-to back I just want to see a REMATCH with the best Team in the LEAGUE....you're only as good as your competition ....BELIEVEEEEE

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:36 AM

if the Spurs and Pistons dont get there, it means they arent the best.........why is that so hard to understand for Spurs and Pistons fans? :angel
It's not...Mavs are a great competitor...They are a really great teams playing each other...and Spurs really have to dig deep because they CAN beat the Mavs...but Cavs are a bunch of Scrubs..Pistons ARE Superior...and the Cavs beating them would be a true upset. Mavs vs. Spurs is the True WCF so it's not...Whoever wins this semi-series will have played their best game when it counted. Pistons losing means they basically beat themselves.

YOu think the HEAT or the CAVS are actually considered possibly the best team in the league?...it's the Pistons...all you have to do is watch them play.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:40 AM
god this whole teams fans uniting thing is kinda disgusting. you mean to tell me you guys wanna play the pistons because it was epic last year? if i was a spurs fan i wouldnt give a fuck who we play. especially if its the finals.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 02:41 AM
god this whole teams fans uniting thing is kinda disgusting. you mean to tell me you guys wanna play the pistons because it was epic last year? if i was a spurs fan i wouldnt give a fuck who we play. especially if its the finals.

When you get out of the first round again, let us know.

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Maybe after the Kings make a Finals you'd feel differently.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:42 AM
It's not...Mavs are a great competitor...They are a really great teams playing each other...and Spurs really have to dig deep because they CAN beat the Mavs...but Cavs are a bunch of Scrubs..Pistons ARE Superior...and the Cavs beating them would be a true upset. Mavs vs. Spurs is the True WCF so it's not...Whoever wins this semi-series will have played their best game when it counted. Pistons losing means they basically beat themselves.

YOu think the HEAT or the CAVS are actually considered possibly the best team in the league?...it's the Pistons...all you have to do is watch them play.
the better team always win a 7 game series. so if the pistons lose to the cavs then they are the better team. same thing with your spurs IF they lose to the mavs. which is a big IF.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 02:42 AM
Well, of course not. A Kings fan would bust a nut just to make it past the WCF. We have higher standards.

Dude, this is like a fucking drunk telling a guy who wants a bottle of good wine that he'd taken any old bottle of piss in a brown bag. No shit.

J.T.
05-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Well, as a Spurs fan I just want to get back to the Finals. As a Spurs fan, opponent is meaningless as long as we are there. But as a basketball fan I would love this rematch more than anything. Both teams have been eyeing each other all season long, and I'd love to face the Pistons again. They're a good team and so are we. Not having HCA would be a challenge for the Spurs, but fuck it. It would be a great series. I hope the Pistons make it past Lebron. I believe in them just as much as I believe in the Spurs right now.

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 02:45 AM
To be the best, you gotta beat the best. The best is not the Cleveland effin Cavaliers. Not yet. Not this year. It is the Detroit Pistons. I want the Pistons, damnit!

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:45 AM
Well, of course not. A Kings fan would bust a nut just to make it past the WCF. We have higher standards.

Dude, this is like a fucking drunk telling a guy who wants a bottle of good wine that he'd taken any old bottle of piss in a brown bag. No shit.
no thats not what im saying. im saying that you shouldnt give a fuck who you play if it means getting a championship. i have news for you, if the pistons dont make it to the finals then they arent the best team.

baseline bum
05-18-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm sure Kings fan never wanted to see the Lakers in the playoffs. I wanted LA every single year, and I want Detroit this one because I know it owuld be an amazing series.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 02:46 AM
It's not...Mavs are a great competitor...They are a really great teams playing each other...and Spurs really have to dig deep because they CAN beat the Mavs...but Cavs are a bunch of Scrubs..Pistons ARE Superior...and the Cavs beating them would be a true upset.

Cavs have won 3 straight against the best regular season team, they are still scrubs ? :drunk

if Pistons are superios why have they lost the last 3?

Regular season stats, paper stats and past stats dont matter

its what happens here and now and right now the Cavs are owning the Pistons , why cant people give them respect for that?

Everyone was talking a sweep or 5 games but now the Pistons are down and facing elimination on the road but yet noone is giving the Cavs props :rolleyes

I myslelf believe the Pistons will come back in game 6 but dang, give the Cavs some props. They were written off since day 1 in this series and are making it tougher on the Pistons than anyone could have expected

this arrogant talk about the Pistons and Spurs being the best is not backed up on the court at the moment

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:48 AM
To be the best, you gotta beat the best. The best is not the Cleveland effin Cavaliers. Not yet. Not this year. It is the Detroit Pistons. I want the Pistons, damnit!
if detroit loses then your playing miami. miami isnt some average team. with the terrible perimeter defense the spurs have been playing having trouble with harris and terry, what the fuck do you think wade would do to them? o my god i dont even want to think about it. o yeah and they have some guy named shaq also.

SA Gunslinger
05-18-2006, 02:52 AM
I do hope Detroit makes it to the Finals because Miami is the team I fear.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 02:53 AM

Detorit is much more predictable i think

with the role players in Miami (Walker, Williams, Posey etc) you never quite know if they will be ice cold or on fire

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:54 AM
I'm sure Kings fan never wanted to see the Lakers in the playoffs.
i didnt because i knew shaqs fat ass was gonna get all the calls. i usually dont complain about refs but my god game 6 was the worst officiated game i have seen. worse then any game in the spurs mavs series thats for sure. there is no such thing as an easy road to a championship. you guys already proved you can beat the pistons. i can understand piston fans wanting to play you guys again to get revenge but dont you wanna send shaq fishing one more time?

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 02:54 AM
if detroit loses then your playing miami. miami isnt some average team. with the terrible perimeter defense the spurs have been playing having trouble with harris and terry, what the fuck do you think wade would do to them? o my god i dont even want to think about it. o yeah and they have some guy named shaq also.

The Spurs D sucks right now because they are playing small ball. Against Miami, we would not go small with Shaq in the lineup. We would most likely use Rasho, cus he plays really well against Shaq. Our D would return to form against Miami.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:58 AM
now that makes sense. but these other idiots are rediculous saying the reason they wanna play the pistons is because of the series last year. get real

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Cavs have won 3 straight against the best regular season team, they are still scrubs ? :drunk

if Pistons are superios why have they lost the last 3?

Regular season stats, paper stats and past stats dont matter

its what happens here and now and right now the Cavs are owning the Pistons , why cant people give them respect for that?

Everyone was talking a sweep or 5 games but now the Pistons are down and facing elimination on the road but yet noone is giving the Cavs props :rolleyes

I myslelf believe the Pistons will come back in game 6 but dang, give the Cavs some props. They were written off since day 1 in this series and are making it tougher on the Pistons than anyone could have expected

this arrogant talk about the Pistons and Spurs being the best is not backed up on the court at the moment
I like Lebron. I like the Cavs...and you're right what's on paper goes out the door...buT Pistons beat themselves because they got overconfident again.THey did this against the HEAT last year....Cavs aren't as solid as the Pistons and I'm not worried about the Pistons really, the Cavs play is very inexperienced and they should not be beating the Pistons...Billups and them are overthinking the Lebron Factor....Guys like Eric Snow, and Sideshow Bob shouldn't be beating them . Why is Coach Brown handing it to Flip?? He shouldn't.

I expected Cavs to scrap up 2 games because they seem to have chemistry led by Lebron....but this 3rd game was the Pistons pussyfooting it.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Our D would return to form against Miami.
you better hope. otherwise you guys will be joining my kings in fishing land. :depressed

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:01 AM
I like Lebron. I like the Cavs...and you're right what's on paper goes out the door...buT Pistons beat themselves because they got overconfident again.THey did this against the HEAT last year....Cavs aren't as solid as the Pistons and I'm not worried about the Pistons really, the Cavs play is very inexperienced and they should not be beating the Pistons...Billups and them are overthinking the Lebron Factor....Guys like Eric Snow, and Sideshow Bob shouldn't be beating them . Why is Coach Brown handing it to Flip?? He shouldn't.

I expected Cavs to scrap up 2 games because they seem to have chemistry led by Lebron....but this 3rd game was the Pistons pussyfooting it.
no matter what happens to the pistons i think flip needs to go. he is a horrible coach. has he made any fucking adjustments at all?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 03:03 AM

if the Pistsons did beat themselves at this time of the year then they dont deserve to be called the BEST team in the league. Its a foolish thing to give a young inexperienced team extra confidence heading home for a elimination game

the emotion and the crowd could almost be enough to get them cl,ose to the win, not to mention a young fired up and confident superstar who is 1 in a million

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 03:04 AM
no matter what happens to the pistons i think flip needs to go. he is a horrible coach. has he made any fucking adjustments at all?

he is tanking the playoffs now so they trade Rasheed and whoever for KG :lol

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Maybe after the Kings make a Finals you'd feel differently.
no i wont. are you kidding? if anything i would be happier because it would be an easier road. all these pistons fans are playing nice now. but i promise you if the pistons win it all this season they will be talking trash left and right. then we will see if you spurs fans RESPECT that cocky team that thinks they won 10 titles in a row when they only won one. if kobe didnt wanna screw his own team they would have probably swept those bitches.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 03:08 AM
If your hair can double as a mop you have no business on the court, and you are a scrub

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:10 AM
he is tanking the playoffs now so they trade Rasheed and whoever for KG :lol
:lmao :lmao i never thought of it like that. that better be what hes doing. otherwise dumars is gonna look for someone to blame for the collapse. and flip will be looking for a job.

Carie
05-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I don't know about you, but I don't want the easier road. Saturday night when Dirk went down I really wanted him to be okay. Why? Because I want to know that we won because we played better, not because he had to leave the game.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:15 AM
if the Pistsons did beat themselves at this time of the year then they dont deserve to be called the BEST team in the league. Its a foolish thing to give a young inexperienced team extra confidence heading home for a elimination game

the emotion and the crowd could almost be enough to get them cl,ose to the win, not to mention a young fired up and confident superstar who is 1 in a million
kenny smith on TNT said something i agree with 100%. the piston should be very afraid right now because lebron hasnt really had a great game yet and he can take over a game at any tme and win a game all by himself.

Slomo
05-18-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm willing to make the deal that if it takes the Pistons to advance for the Spurs to advance, I do that trade.

In a normal situation I'd be rooting for the Cavs. But both the Spurs and the Pistons are in the same exact boat right now. Might as well unite for a common good.

Believe.If that deal was on the table, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

And I agree a repeat of a Spurs-Pistons final this year would be epic.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:20 AM
I don't know about you, but I don't want the easier road. Saturday night when Dirk went down I really wanted him to be okay. Why? Because I want to know that we won because we played better, not because he had to leave the game.
well thats different. i understand what your saying about injury. but the team that gets to the finals is the best team. i dont understand some of you. if you beat a team 4 times out of 6 or 7 then you are the better team. so if miami gets to the finals then they are the best in the east not pistons. you guys need to get over your obsession with playing them again.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:22 AM
If that deal was on the table, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

And I agree a repeat of a Spurs-Pistons final this year would be epic.
:vomit:

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 03:42 AM
I'd really like a rematch of last year's Finals. I loved everything about that series. The fans are cool.

Plus I like hearing Mason introduce the Spurs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 04:05 AM
well thats different. i understand what your saying about injury. but the team that gets to the finals is the best team. i dont understand some of you. if you beat a team 4 times out of 6 or 7 then you are the better team. so if miami gets to the finals then they are the best in the east not pistons. you guys need to get over your obsession with playing them again.
:lol you're right...something happend to both Spurs and Pistons fans that night of game 7. Pistons Spurs final is just so ideal . One poster on here has some avatar something about Destiny....

Anyway, you guys are right about the Better team wins 4 times first when it counts....I guess I was just giving too much credit to what the Pistons' rep. And the "ideal-Matchup"....

So yeah whoever wins the series is really the better team. Same goes for statistics.
I think it's more telling that the numbers when teams are Down...aren't because of the statistic...it's because the better teams are always the ones who get up 3-1, 3-2, etc. They drive the statistics..USUALLY..that's why Suns won..They fought ...they were the better team regardless of what the paper says...

Houston in 95 won against Phoenix because they were the better team who happened to be in a hole... Sometimes the better team gets in an odd hole...Maybe the Cavs are up 3-2 because they have been the better team in this series. Maybe the Spurs didn't get eliminated down 3-1, like NJ to Miami because they outplayed the Mavs for the win finally.

toosmallshoes
05-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Cavs. YAWN. two more years and then maybe. Same with the Mavs... except they are there now. Fuck all of that noise. I want the best ever small market teams to face off. Lebron vs. Cuban would be the highest commercial finals ever. Let's make it another "boring" 7 game series featuring clashes between epic players and coaches. Fuck the dollas........................................Dall as................dollas.....................

angel_luv
05-18-2006, 04:33 AM
I always BELIEVE in and for the Spurs.
And I will think happy thoughts ( about this round :) ) for Detroit for the sake of all the Piston fans here who have been so great to us.

Count me in. :)

GOBLUEADAM
05-18-2006, 04:37 AM
And trust me Spur fans, YOU DON'T WANT CLEVELAND FAN TO EVER CONTAMINATE YOUR MESSAGE BOARDS! Yes some Piston fans have gotten out of hand last year, but Cav fan makes Miami Heat fans look logical. Both of them are nuts, and expect everything to be given to them with out working or earning it!

foodie2
05-18-2006, 06:06 AM
I agree with the Pistons/Spurs finals desire. I tried to pull for the Cavs last night in the game (thinking that it would be the easier road if the Spurs get to the finals) but I just found myself unable to root against the Pistons. Great team, great fans, and I think they deserve to be there.

himat
05-18-2006, 06:09 AM
I feel like shit right now. You should of seen dice, he sat at the Pistons bench for ages before he slowly went into the locker room. :depressed

himat
05-18-2006, 06:11 AM
If we believe everyone is putting all their money on the spurs and the pistons for the vbookies. I know I am. Half for the Spurs half for the Pistons.

jochhejaam
05-18-2006, 06:42 AM
But we ain't going out like that. Neither of our teams deserve to be out in the second round. The Spurs are better than the Mavs. The Pistons are better than the Cavs.

I want both teams to at least reach their conference finals. If they aren't good enough to advance after that, then sobeit.

This one thread.

Believe.

Thank timvp, best of luck to both teams!

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2006, 06:55 AM

It's about mutual respect. Both teams have been very respectful towards one another. The Piston fans have been around awhile I cannot remember many instances where even they were disrespectful. Plus I hate mark Cuban

mcornelio
05-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Yo Creo!!!

Pistons < Spurs
05-18-2006, 07:37 AM
With the Spurs game immediately following the Pistons game, I never had the chance to really come to terms with the loss. I went straight from losing to rooting for the Spurs. I'm still in a state of shock. How in the hell are we down 3-2? Unreal.

I'm as confident as ever though that both the Pistons and Spurs will advance and continue down their paths of destiny: The Rematch 2006!

samikeyp
05-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Glad we could help! :)

DarkReign
05-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Count me in.

Seriously, Im being completely honest...

I think SA has a better chance of winning their series than the Pistons.

Fire Flip. I havent seen a coach get this owned since Marty Morniiwnwmwkweg.

Spurs Dynasty
05-18-2006, 08:24 AM
the better team always win a 7 game series. so if the pistons lose to the cavs then they are the better team. same thing with your spurs IF they lose to the mavs. which is a big IF.

All things being fair and equal, yes. Teams at full strength, fair officiating, players at 100%... etc.

THat blanket statement is not accurate.

alamo50
05-18-2006, 08:41 AM
We are one paddle ahead as we won the last game.

Nonsense rooting for the Pistons because you wanna play the best team.
When Cleveland beats Detroit than Cleveland is the best team.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 08:55 AM
The way I see it, if the one man show Cavs can manage to beat the Pistons 3 in a row, why can't the Spurs beat the Mavs 3 in a row?

GO Pistons and GO Spurs!

timmydidit
05-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Yah man I fuckin feel the exact same way

last night i couldn't breath during the timeout and when dirk got the ball

and when i was watching the cavs im like noo i wanted psitons to win so f*in bad but man we can do this one game at a time one obstacle at a time spurs were way hungriar than mavs last night i just knew we were gonna win

Vashner
05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Believe sucks... D Fence wins...

ObiwanGinobili
05-18-2006, 09:12 AM

YES!

Sure - if we beat the Mavs and DET does not advance.. it would be an easy bakc to back. Amazingly easy.

BUT - I want to play the best team, and I want to play a team I respect.
I wouldn't be horribly dissappinted if it was not a SA/DET final.... but for the highest enteratainment value in MY eyes and for the most satisfying NBA Finals. It must be SA vs. DET.

GO SPURS!
GO PISTONS! :cheer

spur219
05-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Im rooting for Pistons. I want to see another Spurs and Pistons finals. If Spurs make the finals I want the best team from the other side going against them.

Go Spurs!
Go Pistons!

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I've been rooting for the Pistons regardless of anything the Spurs do -- I love to watch the Pistons play, have enjoyed chatting with Pistons fans, and see so much redeeming value in rooting for good people like that bunch.

efrem1
05-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Bottle of wine,
Fruit of the vine
When are you gonna let me get sober
Leave me alone,
Let me go home
Let me go home and start over. :drunk

Go Spurs Go!!!! ...and I want the Pistons to fight back too.

Vizzini
05-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Marty Morniiwnwmwkweg.

Never ever ever ever say that name again! Flip Sucks Donkey balls right now, but he would never take the fuckin' wind. Ever. I feel like crap enough w/o anyone bringing up Smarty f'n Morninwhateverthehell. I think I'm going to be sick.

bdubya
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm rooting for the Spurs out west, yes because I want the rematch, but mainly just because they're the WC team I respect the most.

ripcity1
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I do believe both teams can pull it off...they just have to dig down deep and believe it themselves.

Go PISTONS!!!
GO SPURS!!!

SA210
05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
I make no deals with the devil,

But,

Spurs+Detroit = 2006 NBA FINALS

SpursWoman
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm in.

Believe.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Lol, I didn't visit the forum since last night and I was going to post a thread like this!

Both teams down 2-3, going into the road, being moved away from their game with these new set of calls the refs make...it is destiny, it is time to believe for both.

I want the Pistons in the Finals, I want a rematch of basketball, which is a game that should consist of two actions: Defense and Offense, not only offense or free throws contests. I want team play in the Finals, I don't wanna see the Lebron James show, or the style of basketball the Heat, Mavs and Suns play.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
If we believe everyone is putting all their money on the spurs and the pistons for the vbookies. I know I am. Half for the Spurs half for the Pistons.

That doesn't work when those fuckers can't cover the damn spread

Dunc
05-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks Timvp. I've been rooting for the Spurs all season to get back to the Finals with us, and I'm not going to stop now. The only other team in the playoffs I give a shit about is the Spurs, and I like that deal with the devil. Let's get this done, guys.

Believe.

Oh, Gee!!
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
in for a penny, in for a pound.

Vashner
05-18-2006, 11:38 AM
It's playoffs... detroit may of had best in regular season but that got them a 1st spot in the bracket.. that's it.

I hope Cav's win. Then loose to heat. Spurs heat.

Darrin
05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
If the Pistons-Cavs series ends the way I think it's going to,

I WILL Believe.

JoeChalupa
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Believe baby!!!!!

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 11:50 AM
When you get out of the first round again, let us know.
if you dont think the kings are getting out of the first round next year then your crazy.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 11:56 AM
It's about mutual respect. Both teams have been very respectful towards one another. The Piston fans have been around awhile I cannot remember many instances where even they were disrespectful. Plus I hate mark Cuban
they arent disrespectful because they havent beat you yet. if they beat you in the finals they are gonna talk so much shit and you know it. they cant talk crap because you beat them last year.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 11:58 AM
We are one paddle ahead as we won the last game.

Nonsense rooting for the Pistons because you wanna play the best team.
When Cleveland beats Detroit than Cleveland is the best team.
i agree. same thing goes for miami if they make the finals.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-18-2006, 11:58 AM
they arent disrespectful because they havent beat you yet. if they beat you in the finals they are gonna talk so much shit and you know it. they cant talk crap because you beat them last year.

However, the Kings didn't beat us and....

The Mavs haven't beaten us yet and....

Same thing was last year with the Suns, Sonics and Nuggets. And don't even let me get started with the Lakers...

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 12:03 PM
However, the Kings didn't beat us and....

The Mavs haven't beaten us yet and....

Same thing was last year with the Suns, Sonics and Nuggets. And don't even let me get started with the Lakers...
well were all trolls thats different. :lol and lakers fans have the right to troll here after 2004. now that series was epic.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
well were all trolls thats different. :lol and lakers fans have the right to troll here after 2004. now that series was epic.

They were trolling even after 2003, which was pretty ridiculous.

The Captain
05-18-2006, 12:14 PM
It's those darn tigers!

They start winning, and the Pistons start losing!

Gahhhhhhh!!

Hold off the winning until the playoffs are over Tigers, then go ahead and win the World Series.

IceCold CB1
05-18-2006, 12:15 PM
I'll believe if you guys lend us Pop for our game.

Duncan would be appreciated as well....We'll fly chauncey and ben out for your game if you want

LuvBones
05-18-2006, 12:18 PM
That'd be pretty crazy to have the Cavs beat the Pistons but if we can actually stretch this to game 7 and win... why not play a litttle easier round?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Thundercats, HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm down...

Vinnie_Johnson
05-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Go Pistons Go Spurs I am a fan and will never stop rooting on the best teams.

50 cent
05-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I'll believe if you guys lend us Pop for our game.

Duncan would be appreciated as well....We'll fly chauncey and ben out for your game if you want
That would be nice. We might need Teyshaun's long arms for Dirk too.

Trifecta
05-18-2006, 12:39 PM

Shaq??? We talkin' about Shaq????

That's when the Spurs break out a can of Rasho on his derriere!!!

Rasho is slow enough to keep up with Shaq :cop !!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Believe.

DeuceWallaces
05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
I'll take that trade

TOP-CHERRY
05-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Heck yes.

LET'S DO THIS, SPURS AND PISTONS !

Time to show if we still have the hearts of champions.

tlongII
05-18-2006, 01:05 PM
GO CAVS!

GO MAVS!

:troll

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Pistons fans rule. Mavs fans are the worst motherfuckers on earth
Go Pistons.

:smokin

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 01:13 PM
GO CAVS!

GO MAVS!

:troll

So how is that raging case of Herpes coming along? The Valtrex working ok?

SpursWoman
05-18-2006, 01:14 PM

That's ridiculous. They were cool before, during, and after the series was over. Yes, there was a lot of smack...but it was made by people who are actually knowledgable enough to back their shit up, not just jackass name-calling like we've been subject to in this series. There were very, very few flaming drive-bys

And that series went 7 games, and if I remember correctly...the Pistons beat the Spurs quite soundly in games 3, 4 & 6.

:fro

Mav fans were in here running their mouths before the first tipoff of game 1.

05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Unless of course you bring up Sean Elliott....

:lol

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 01:17 PM

:lol Well, the Mavs haven't beat us yet either...yet they're talking shit. How do you explain that?

SpursWoman
05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
:lol Well, the Mavs haven't beat us yet either...yet they're talking shit. How do you explain that?

That was my next post. :lol :lol

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
I've been rooting for the Pistons regardless of anything the Spurs do -- I love to watch the Pistons play, have enjoyed chatting with Pistons fans, and see so much redeeming value in rooting for good people like that bunch.

05-18-2006, 01:22 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about. Most Piston fans came hear believing that the Spurs were the best team last year but still felt they could beat them. Most Spur Fans felt the Pistons were vastly inferior and gained a lot of respect for the Pistons when they pushed their team to the limit...

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I really just like the way the Pistons are built and how they play. I like the team. I like the fans. If I wasn't a Spurs fan, I'd be a Pistons fan.

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Count me in.

Seriously, Im being completely honest...

I think SA has a better chance of winning their series than the Pistons.

Fire Flip. I havent seen a coach get this owned since Marty Morniiwnwmwkweg.

So, let's think about it this way: Miami was up 3-2 against Detroit and Miami had won 59 games that season and Shaq was 1 of only 2 mvp candidates. Wade was amazing. Yet, Detroit came back to beat them in 7. So, they can do it against Cleveland. If I were betting money, I would put it on the Pistons. 1 player, as great as he is, can't beat a great team like the Pistons. Plus, if Sheed feels better, the team dramatically improves.

Pistons can do it!!! Believe.

Go Pistons. Go Spurs!

austinfan
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't understand why the Pistons fans here are so glum about their team's chances. I see the Pistons locking down Cleveland tonight, Lebron or no Lebron. And there's no way the Cavs win two at the Palace. It's just not possible. Your starting 5 are so good that even if Flip is a flop :) as a coach, you can still win.

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I think that both the Pistons and the Spurs know that if they win the next game, chances are very strong that they will win the series. If Spurs and Pistons win game 6, the Cavs won't beat the Pistons at home in game 7 and the Mavs won't beat the Spurs at home in game 7.

For the Mavs and the Cavs, it is do or die time.

05-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't understand why the Pistons fans here are so glum about their team's chances. I see the Pistons locking down Cleveland tonight, Lebron or no Lebron. And there's no way the Cavs win two at the Palace. It's just not possible. Your starting 5 are so good that even if Flip is a flop :) as a coach, you can still win.

We've seen colossal meltdowns before. Add Flip being a horrid playoff coach and you have my faith shaken...

gameFACE
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
To be honest it doesn't matter to me who the Spurs play in the finals. But the point of the thread was about being down like the Pistons are. So I also would make the "deal" to get the Spurs to win if it means the Pistons would also win.

I've grown to dig the Pistons and i'd love the Spurs to play them in the finals. Especially now that both teams have shown some vulnerability. The Pistons still have HCA. But i'm not as concerned about that anymore. They look beatable. It could possibly an even closer series than with the Mavs if you can imagine that.

Plus I like Sheed! :smokin

Supergirl
05-18-2006, 02:22 PM
SPurs and Pistons are indeed in the same boat, and there's a decent chance both will emerge victorious, simply because of all teams to overcome these odds, they are the ones with the most poise and experience to do it.

It will be a bigger upset for the Pistons NOT to win than it will for the Spurs, simply because the Mavs have always been considered at least a competitor with the Spurs, whereas just last week our own Kori and Melissa were saying on the podcast that they weren't sure the Cavs could even win one game.

Strangely enough, I AM rooting for the Pistons right now, because I like to see good teams overcome odds. But I'm still betting on the Heat for the Finals, as I said last week in the podcast.

BTW, Kori, are we doin' another one soon? And why can't I get the last one to update in iTunes? Is it up yet?

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Eve, it's Melissa. The newest one has been up for a couple of days

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=F9B155AC-D972-4822-A0FD-17C2189689CB

Mrs.Tlong
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
So how is that raging case of Herpes coming along? The Valtrex working ok?

Thanks for the heads up on that Jim. Nothing like a little forwarning to the innocent spouse.

Drive Like Jehu
05-18-2006, 02:44 PM

Not as epic as the 2002 WCF.

????????
05-18-2006, 02:46 PM

No, this year it means that the league office and Stern fucked us over with their puppet refs. This series has been officially FIXED and it takes everything away from the good basketball the Mavs are playing. The Mavs are playing very well, but they dont deserve shit because they are being handed this series by the FUCKING LEAGUE CONTROLLED PUPPET REFS! Hope Stern gets cornholed and split in fucking half. I hate that bastard and would love to get just one shot at knocking his ass out cold!

himat
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM

It's just thst you worry. Right after that game I realized that we're dead if we lose Game 6. The run would already be over. I know we're better, but the way we've played you tend to get paraniod.
GO PISTONS!
GO SPURS!

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that Jim. Nothing like a little forwarning to the innocent spouse.

gameFACE
05-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Eve, it's Melissa. The newest one has been up for a couple of days

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=F9B155AC-D972-4822-A0FD-17C2189689CB
Wow, I missed that. Very nice, Melissa. I'll check it out. I don't go to SpursZone that much because they can't handle video on a Mac! But i'm at work right now.

NIce to put a face to the bravatar...................!
:smokin :eyebrows

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Wow, I missed that. Very nice, Melissa. I'll check it out. I don't go to SpursZone that much because they can't handle video on a Mac! But i'm at work right now.

NIce to put a face to the bravatar...................!
:smokin :eyebrows

How YOU doin, Hector? :eyebrows

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 04:15 PM
People all over the world
Join hands

iamme
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Go Pistons

Go Spurs

Both teams can't go out like that. I, like many here, want us to meet up in the Finals again.

RashoFan
05-18-2006, 04:53 PM
GO SPURS
Go Pistons
Rematch 2006 NBA Finals....

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 05:03 PM
GO SPURS
Go Pistons
Rematch 2006 NBA Finals....

if the Pistons cant even contain one superstar and shut down the Cavs 'scrubs', how the heck are they even going to contain Wade and Shaq plus decent role players who are stepping up (finally) at the right time??? :smokin

the Spurs have a better chance of getting there i reckon :lol

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 05:21 PM
This is a BELIEVE. thread. If you don't believe., then stay the hell out.

td4mvp21
05-18-2006, 05:49 PM
This is a BELIEVE. thread. If you don't believe., then stay the hell out.

scott
05-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Fuck that - Go Cavs, Mike Brown, and Danny Ferry.

beachbarbie948
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
i love the Pistons! i want another Spurs vs Pistons finals :)

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-18-2006, 06:15 PM
GO Spurs GO

I want the Pistons to lose though

himat
05-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Predictions?

Pistons 97-93

Spurs 92-90

Winnipeg_Spur
05-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Spurs and Pistons both show that championship heart and get it done.

Hoping for anything else is a waste of time, you're just going to be disappointed.

Believe.

~Sweetmelody~
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Spurs and Pistons both show that championship heart and get it done.

Hoping for anything else is a waste of time, you're just going to be disappointed.

Believe.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/AlmaLatina/Blinkies/smilies-1318.png

makedamnsure
05-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Come'on Spurs and Pistons, let's make this rematch happen.

Believe.

The Genius
05-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Pistons fan here. I Believe in both Pistons and Spurs. If both teams make it, it will be a true testament what heart is.

Nocioni
05-18-2006, 11:53 PM
I will change my avatar to lebron james if detroit loose

E20
05-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm gonna hit the hay. Game 6 tommorow. Spurs in 7.
http://www.hhweb.com/nba2005champs/SpursGroupFinals_small_small.jpg

RoscoRASHEEDWallace
05-19-2006, 12:31 AM
go Pistons!! Go Spurs!!

Pistons_In_7
05-19-2006, 12:37 AM
When the Spurs went down 3-1 i publicly posted on our boards that if there is a team that can come back from 3-1 its the Spurs or 3-2 Its the Pistons.

Ive watched all of the Spurs games and ive been pulling for them. I would love to see a rematch with them. You guys beat us last year and have kept our trophy nice and polished for us but its time for us to get it back. Maybe you guys can reclaim it next year. Man Timmy and Manu have been playing awesome. Exciting basketball indeed.

However Dallas does look scary. Man do they have a high octane offense and some defense to boot. I will vomit if Mark Cuban gets a ring. I like Avery Johnson and i like Dirk but Mark Cuban disgusts me.

Hassdabballman
05-19-2006, 12:40 AM
For once, pistons fans and spurs fans have joined and are rooting for each other, you gotta love it.

SPARKY
05-19-2006, 12:44 AM
It's time to dispose of the pretenders.

Go Spurs
Go Pistons

Logan
05-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Pistons and the Spurs will meet in the Finals!!

Spurs in 7 games again!!

SANANTOJAMES
05-19-2006, 01:17 AM
spurs vs pistons

one battle i dont wanna miss

SANANTOJAMES
05-19-2006, 01:17 AM
go spurs, pistons go

Spurzilla
05-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Deeeeeee-troit Basketball! :fro + :flag: = NBA FINALS REMATCH!

B E L I E V E

Bloodline666
05-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Even if the Cavs do close out, they're not going to the Finals without a fight. I don't think the Cavs have an answer for D-Wade, the Diesel, Walker, etc...save for Hack-a-Shaq (if the Cavs advance, count on the Cavs to employ Hack-a-Shaq. They're not playoff-experienced enough to know that it almost never works...but they have tried Hack-a-Ben, but that always backfires)

Now remember, the Pistons as a franchise has had a history of shutting down superstars, including the last major superstar to wear LeBron's number. After all, this is the franchise that established the "Jordan Rules." Now, even though the roster now is a lot different than it was back in the late 80s, the modern-day Pistons draw several similarities to the Bad Boys-era Pistons (which led me to call them the NEW Bad Boys). Not only that, but a member of that Bad Boys-era Pistons team works for the Pistons' front office as the team's GM today, and even though it's not his job to do so, he knows the Jordan Rules better than any of the Pistons' current personnel, so it would be in the best interest of the organization as a whole if Joe Dumars took those same Jordan Rules the Pistons used against His Airness back in his playing days, handed them over to Flip Saunders, as well as fro-boy, Human Technical Foul, Mr. Big Shot, etc., and told them, "Hey guys! These are the Jordan Rules that the Pistons used against the man widely regarded as the greatest of all time back in my days as one of the Bad Boys. Michael Jordan is regarded as the best player of all time, and we were able to stop him back in my day...and he was pretty close to his prime. LeBron James is pretty close to his prime, and though he may be hyped up to be the next coming of Jordan, he certainly is no Michael Jordan. If me and my Pistons gang were able to stop Air Jordan, you guys should be able to stop King James."

Now on the topic of the Spurs...like the Pistons, our Eastern Conference alter-ego, we're determined to stay in the playoffs, and will not go fishin' without a fight. And mark my words; if we do get eliminated from the Playoffs at ALL this year; be it in this round, the next round, or the Finals (if we LOSE the Finals, that is), I am going to get my fishing license the day after elimination!

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2006, 03:24 AM
Detroit basketball!!!

Let's see some serious stoppage, a whole bunch of possessions in a row.

Y'all need to let LeBron get his and shut down everybody else. LeBron likes to get everybody else involved. If you don't double him and play normal Detroit defense covering everybody else, Cavs won't win. Plus, at the end of the game, if its close, then the other players won't have confidence to make the big plays at the end of the game.

LeBron is an amazingly mature person and an amazing talent. So, this is not to say anything against LeBron.

It sure would be great if your defense could generate some easy transition points.

This is the team that won it 2 years ago and almost won it last year. Same team. This is the team that came back from 3-2 down against Miami and won the series. Same team.

This things is far from over. After all, just one win on the road (you all had a great road record), and you have game 7 in the palace which you will surely win.

Go Pistons. Go Spurs.

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2006, 03:27 AM
For once, pistons fans and spurs fans have joined and are rooting for each other, you gotta love it.

our teams have so much in common.

Both teams have prided themselves on their defense. Unfortunately, neither of us have been quite as good on defense as we normally are. However, I believe that they are the two best teams in the NBA.

Both teams have greatly improved their offense.

Both teams are consistently contenders. The last 3 championships have been won by Detroit and San Antonio.

And the Pistons fans here have been extremely classy.

Go Pistons. Go Spurs.

MissAllThat
05-19-2006, 03:28 AM
As much as it pains me to do this (and I know I'll regret it later), i'm gonna say Go Pistons for the only second time ever in the playoffs. The first time was last year in Game 6 against the Spurs (although that was more of a, if the pistons win I won't care and I hope they do so I can finally see the spurs win a c-ship in person kinda thing). What can I say? I love Game 7s. So in closing, GO PISTONS and GO SPURS!

I still love Lebron though :)

J.T.
05-19-2006, 03:37 AM
I got nothing but respect for Pistons and their fans. The fans here have been nothing but class acts all around. I wish we could get the same treatment from all other teams, but Pistons fans are just badass. I hope Lebron gets a wake up call tomorrow. Detroit plays their best ball when they are in must win situations, that's what made the Finals great last year. So I will just say...

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBAAAAAAAAAALL!!

and of course,

GO SPURS GO!!

Believe.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-19-2006, 04:37 AM
I havent slept more than 30 minutes in an evening since the loss to the Lakers and Shaq 2 years ago, that being said, I would kill to be able and get some revenge on his fatass in the Finals. Maybe then, I could get some sleep.

dallasjetfan
05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
And both boats are SINKING!!

Pistons < Spurs
05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2566/smilies13185tl.png !!!! GO PISTONS GO !!!!http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2566/smilies13185tl.png

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2566/smilies13185tl.png !!!! GO SPURS GO !!!!http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2566/smilies13185tl.png

ObiwanGinobili
05-19-2006, 08:29 AM
We've seen colossal meltdowns before. Add Flip being a horrid playoff coach and you have my faith shaken...

and Spurs fans have recent memories of the legendary 4th quarter chokes.... so we know where your coming from.

gotta BELIEVE.
GO Spurs! GO Pistons!

Bruno
05-19-2006, 08:52 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/jack_mccallum/06/17/pistons.questions/tx_pistons470x310_si.jpg

Hearts of Champions

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/06/24/PH2005062400133.jpg

badmagic
05-19-2006, 09:03 AM
I say the hell with worrying about who wins the Eastern Conference, we got enough stress and grief worrying about the Spurs advancing.

iamme
05-19-2006, 09:19 AM
g'luck tonight Spurs.

here's to a game 7 on both sides.

abmccray
05-19-2006, 09:23 AM
I want the Spurs to advance because they are the best WCF at their peak. The same for the Pistons vice versa.

The Pistons are losing because they'll only play their best against a team they think is as good as them, or when their backs are against the wall as they are tonight.

They only really respect the Spurs, and to a lesser degree, the Heat. Therefore, to see the best basketball on both ends, the Spurs will have to play the Pistons in the Finals. It's the only solution.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-19-2006, 09:33 AM
If only for the quality of their fans on this board I'd root for Detroit. As it stands I'll cheer for them because:
1. Last years finals= BEST EVER. Those last three games were so epic it more than made up for the first four being blow outs
2. Fuck David Stern. If he could have managed to at least look like he wasn't going to vomit during any of the three trophy presentations in the past I might not hate him so much. Fuck anyone who would launch the "NBA Cares" program after doing his best to hide the classiest team in the NBA.
3. I don't think I'm ready to here 24/7 Jordan comparisons to Lebron. I like Lebron but I don't know that I could handle the media nutride-a-thon that would happen.

angel_luv
05-19-2006, 10:36 AM
http://i4.tinypic.com/104ffk2.jpg

angel_luv
05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
For Piston Fans: :)

http://i4.tinypic.com/104fgn9.jpg

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2006, 11:12 AM
SPAMM

Spurs Peak in Mid May

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-19-2006, 11:37 AM
you are fools!! why would Spurs fans want to see the Pistons in the finals? We match the worst with that team.

A series with the Heat would be cakewalk, and I won't even think about the Cavs because that would be too easy

samikeyp
05-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Get the female Detroit fans to post their bravatars so we can approach this with both barrels. :)

Supergirl
05-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Hahahahaha at people thinking the Heat or the Cavs would be a cakewalk. if the Cavs make it, they'll be so on fire riding Lebron's ascension into the elite that they could be scary, and they're a pretty deep, defensively minded team when they want to be.

Heat are very deep and athletic, like the Mavs, but they also have the two best centers in the league not named Tim Duncan.

05-19-2006, 12:13 PM
If only for the quality of their fans on this board I'd root for Detroit. As it stands I'll cheer for them because:
1. Last years finals= BEST EVER. Those last three games were so epic it more than made up for the first four being blow outs
2. Fuck David Stern. If he could have managed to at least look like he wasn't going to vomit during any of the three trophy presentations in the past I might not hate him so much. Fuck anyone who would launch the "NBA Cares" program after doing his best to hide the classiest team in the NBA.
3. I don't think I'm ready to here 24/7 Jordan comparisons to Lebron. I like Lebron but I don't know that I could handle the media nutride-a-thon that would happen.

ESPN has turned into the BoSox, Yanks, Bonds, Shaq, Wade and Lebron show.

It must be hard for them to talk about other teams/sports when they have their lips firmly planted around The King's cack...

Did you guys hear that Barry Bonds is going to tie Ruth on the all-time HR list?

It's fucking pathetic...

Go Spistons!

IndyJoker
05-19-2006, 12:35 PM
As arguably the biggest Detroit fan in the world, I will have to agree and join up on this. I despise Dallas honestly, and the cavs aren't making me too happy ... starting to piss me off actually. I want a rematch of last year. Simple as that. I see both teams winning tonight. Closing it out at home in a game 7. Destiny.

BigShotBillups
05-19-2006, 12:38 PM
I wish the Spurs luck tonight. I know they can beat the Mavs. I will be rooting on my Pistons as well!! There is also a fourm on the Detroit Pistons board as well Wishing the Spurs luck. Pistons/Spurs United (http://pistons.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/951103441/m/8191053104) Come by and visit us!!

Darth48076
05-19-2006, 12:47 PM
trust me..

I am believing that both can push for game 7!

Eruff24
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Sorry I will never root for the Pistons and this is no different. Besides I want Shaq for all the heartache he provided with those f-in Lakers.

Darth48076
05-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry I will never root for the Pistons and this is no different. Besides I want Shaq for all the heartache he provided with those f-in Lakers.

Its cool. I mean why you think we want to have you win? We wanna rematch to the guys that knocked us off in the 05 finals. I can feel why you want shaq, seeing that he knocked you out of the Western semis TWO years ago and the fact that you actually 1up him by beating the one team that knocked him out the playoffs.. twice. but its all good. I can see how you wanna piece of shaq.

tlongII
05-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I definitely want the Cavs and Mavs. We need a return to exciting basketball that provides high television ratings.

IndyJoker
05-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Keep in mind, these two teams are champions. They have both proven,many times, that they have the ability to overcome adversity. They both have the hearts of Champions. They both play better when their backs are against the wall. That is what made last year's Finals so special, and probably the best I have ever seen. Game on. We will be seeing you Spurs in about 3 weeks. In Detroit. Motown.

Darth48076
05-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I definitely want the Cavs and Mavs. We need a return to exciting basketball that provides high television ratings.

Exactly... WRONG.

Pistons and spurs are like number one and two sports selling merchandise in ALL sports. With that said. LeBrons Jersey is the Highest Selling Jersey ATM. trust me. Ratings are good but merchandise is better.

Eruff24
05-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Its cool. I mean why you think we want to have you win? We wanna rematch to the guys that knocked us off in the 05 finals. I can feel why you want shaq, seeing that he knocked you out of the Western semis TWO years ago and the fact that you actually 1up him by beating the one team that knocked him out the playoffs.. twice. but its all good. I can see how you wanna piece of shaq.

I think the Heat is a better team than Detroit. Yes the records show different but in a seven game series depth is a key. You see the problems Detroit has right now. Thats why I want a healthy HEAT team.

Basketball Jones
05-19-2006, 01:39 PM
I ain't jumpin' ship. Go Spurs Go!!!!!

jgirl
05-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi there Spurs Fans!!! A Detroiter girl here...just wanted to drop by and say THANK YOU!!! Thank you for the support and well wishes! As most all of the Piston fans....I too, want that epic of a re-match!!! I will be pulling for the Spurs.....You've got the luv from Motown behind you all!!!!!!

B...E...L...I...E...V...E and we will both ACHEIVE......See you in just a few weeks!!!

2006 NBA FINALS

GO SPURS!!!!

GO PISTONS!!!!

peace...1
j~

Pistons_In_7
05-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I am fasting today. I won't eat unless the Pistons win. If they lose i will not eat until i wake up Sunday morning. Good luck spurs im pulling for your. I think the Terry screwed the Mavs tonight with his little right ball left pocket punch on Finley. What an @sshat. I see the Spurs winning tonight and closing them out at home in game 7.

I recently read that Dwayne Wade was the best selling jersey somewhere.

Eruff24
05-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I ain't jumpin' ship. Go Spurs Go!!!!!

I hear you. I live in Detroit and would never jump ship. The Pistons are one hit wonders and will be throttled tonight!

tlongII
05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Exactly... WRONG.

Pistons and spurs are like number one and two sports selling merchandise in ALL sports. With that said. LeBrons Jersey is the Highest Selling Jersey ATM. trust me. Ratings are good but merchandise is better.

You are incorrect sir. Television contracts are where sports leagues are made or broken.

G-Money
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I hear you. I live in Detroit and would never jump ship. The Pistons are one hit wonders and will be throttled tonight!

you live in DET but you dont want DET to win? Why wouldnt you want you own city to have the championship? I could never understand why people would want their own city's team to get beat?

But thats how some people are I guess and I wont try to change it.

But anyways last year Ill admit I hated the Spurs even before they won the seris, I thought they were cocky.

But during this season while watching them when I could I learned to respect the Spurs because of their style of play(TEAM BASKETBALL) and thats just like the Pistons, playing unselfish, dont care who the hero is of the night. Another team that I like is the Clippers, because I like how they work as a team.

I dont know maybe Im just stupid for liking how the game is ment to be played and not liking the Michel Jordan rip off.

Also though Im hoping the refs dont try to help James win this game tonight(yes the Pistons didnt play well enough to win in game 5 for most if it but when they started to fire up and when they could have taken the lead or tied it the refs had to save James) By the way if the Cavs do beat the Pistons I probly wont watch the ECF, just the WCF because I dont want to see Wade vs James and all that show off shit, and I dont want either of them to win so it would be hard for me to watch it.

So in conclusion Good luck to the Spurs

And Pistons, win this game, show Cavs what basketball is really about.

Spurminator
05-19-2006, 02:23 PM
When the Pistons played the Lakers in 2004 my avatar was a photo of Johnny Cash wearing a Detroit uniform. That was mainly because I hated the Lakers, but watching that series I really grew to like this Pistons team, and my respect for them has only grown in the last two years.

I want this decade to be about the Spurs and Pistons just as the 80's were about the Lakers and Celtics. I have no particular problem with the Cavs, but I hope Detroit wins the next two games for several other reasons:

- To maintain the importance of Team Basketball
- To beat the Heat (Shaq) in the ECF's, and
- Because I know Stern, ESPN/ABC, and thousands of basketball idiots would be disappointed with another "boring" Spurs/Pistons series.

Go Spurs, Go Pistons!

ObiwanGinobili
05-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Man I went over to the pistons board and I'm kinda surprised to see posts saying that there is no way DET beats DAL in the Finals.... hmmm...

I almost felt like I believed in DET more.

nbascribe
05-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Do you feel that? That's the world shaking and quaking because the TWO BEST NBA fan bases are uniting!!!!

And they said that unity doesn't achieve. Unfreaking real!! lol

Good luck Motown...

It's time that the two teams that have won three titles in their franchise history ro rise up and once again DOMINATE the landscape.

Spurs and Pistons' fans uniting for a cause.....

It's like Funkadelic has come alive again -- "One Nation Under A Groove".....lol

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Cavs and Mavs about to find out the difference between being good and being at the top of the mountain. Between being a pretender and being a contender.

Go Pistons. Go Spurs.

Won't be easy. Both games will probably be close, but I think that we will edge them out.

I am more confident about the Pistons winning than us.

However, I do believe.

Remember Pistons fans, you all have done this before repeatedly. Your team is a championship team. Bring out that old Piston defense, get some easy transition buckets and don't double LeBron!!! Shut down everybody else.
One man can't beat you. You are a team.

Don't be surprised if the home teams start off hot and get something of a lead. That probably will happen. But it is a 48 minute game. Slowly work your way back into the game.

Believe!!!

Go Pistons !!! Go Spurs!!!

I am rooting for the Pistons and the Spurs because I believe that they are the two best teams in basketball and I want to see real basketball in the finals and the Pistons fans here have been too cool for words!

Just think that the Mavs and the Cavs will be shaking if it is a close game in the fourth because they know that they won't win a game 7 on the Spurs home court or on the Pistons home court. It's like Scottie Pippen said, this is their one and only chance, their game 7.

Go Pistons!!! Go Spurs!!!

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Probably we will both win.

But almost certainly at least one of us will win!

Let's do this!!!

Go Pistons!!! Go Spurs!!!

detpistonsff7
05-19-2006, 04:58 PM
GO SPURS!!
GO PISTONS!!

You are a classy group. Good luck to us both and to an inevitable rematch!

rep
05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey good luck guys. I remember when I tried to hate the Spurs but it didn't work. lol Spurs fan are real respectful just like the players. Plus, Sheed and Duncan like each other. Anybody hear when Rasheed missed a FT, Duncan yelled out "ball don't lie". lol

Good luck guys. Hopefully you guys follow in our steps and win tonight!! ;)

angel_luv
05-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Anybody hear when Rasheed missed a FT, Duncan yelled out "ball don't lie". lol

:lol Good Times!

Best of Luck Tonight. :)

:cheer Go Spurs Go! :cheer

romsey31
05-19-2006, 05:26 PM
wouldnt the best team be the team that wins? Its best of seven, not 1 and done.

Manu20
05-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Good luck tonight Pistons!

spurs=bling
05-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Well, it looks like the Spurs and the Pistons are in the same boat. Both teams down 3-2 and heading on the road.

Common sense says Spurs fans should root against the Pistons. The Pistons are the one team that the Spurs don't have homecourt advantage against, so if the Spurs were able to beat the Mavs, the easier road would be a road not including Detroit.

Let's do this. I'm willing to make a deal with the devil.

This one thread.

Believe.

:clap :fro

lets go Spurs and Pistons.

DeuceWallaces
05-19-2006, 09:33 PM
We did our part, up to you Spurs. Good luck

Hassdabballman
05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
our teams have so much in common.

Both teams have prided themselves on their defense. Unfortunately, neither of us have been quite as good on defense as we normally are. However, I believe that they are the two best teams in the NBA.

Both teams have greatly improved their offense.

Both teams are consistently contenders. The last 3 championships have been won by Detroit and San Antonio.

And the Pistons fans here have been extremely classy.

Go Pistons. Go Spurs.

well put....very true

DetroitBasketball
05-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Come on, Spurs!! You guys can do it!

The Genius
05-19-2006, 11:37 PM
We did it. You guys did it. Heart of Champions man. Heart. Of. CHAMPIONS.

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 12:07 AM
we did it!!!!!!!

rayray2k8
05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Its not complete till BOTH win game sevens, so lets not jump into any conclusions.
BELIEVE..

E20
05-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Spurs AND Pistons in 7.
:beard

Vinnie_Johnson
05-20-2006, 02:08 AM
When the Pistons played the Lakers in 2004 my avatar was a photo of Johnny Cash wearing a Detroit uniform. That was mainly because I hated the Lakers, but watching that series I really grew to like this Pistons team, and my respect for them has only grown in the last two years.

I want this decade to be about the Spurs and Pistons just as the 80's were about the Lakers and Celtics. I have no particular problem with the Cavs, but I hope Detroit wins the next two games for several other reasons:

- To maintain the importance of Team Basketball
- To beat the Heat (Shaq) in the ECF's, and
- Because I know Stern, ESPN/ABC, and thousands of basketball idiots would be disappointed with another "boring" Spurs/Pistons series.

Go Spurs, Go Pistons!

Just wanted to say I love Johnny Cash he has been a big part of my life long live the King J Cash.....

Tanya
05-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey spurs fans, I almost cried when I was reading your supports. I never could imagine fans from two teams can unite in the playoffs and support each other.
I am so glad that we both did it and heading to game 7. WE WILL WIN GAME 7!
GO SPURS! GO PISTONS!

freedom&justice
05-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I believe. I'll be rooting for the spurs to advance because they're the best team in the west plus I HATE Mark Cuban and the mavs.
Of course, I'll be rooting for the pistons too. Cavs are getting on my nerves big time.

Deeetroit Basketbaaall!!
and of course, Go Spurs Go!

Kori Ellis
05-20-2006, 03:32 AM
United We Stand.

Let's Take Game 7.

milkyway21
05-20-2006, 03:49 AM
this thread is getting somewhere.

2 best teams in the league both on the brink of elimination. fortunately after few games they're STILL breathing...

good luck Spurs! Good luck Detroit!

P.S.
I want to say good luck to the Suns too! I want to face Nash in WC finals if we can win game 7.

iamme
05-20-2006, 08:53 AM
nice wins last night.

go pistons and go spurs.

JamStone
05-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Good wins.

But, neither team has really done anything yet. Must win game 7 or game 6 means nothing.

Hook Dem
05-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Good wins.

But, neither team has really done anything yet. Must win game 7 or game 6 means nothing.
Thats true but both teams staved off elimination. Therefore they have a chance to advance. The pressure is on the other side now.

TOP-CHERRY
05-20-2006, 10:53 AM
We did it. You guys did it. Heart of Champions man. Heart. Of. CHAMPIONS.
It's a beautiful thing.

rep
05-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey!! Alittle late, but congrats Spurs fans!! We did it and I think it's close out time!! Hopefully we come through on Sunday like I know we will and ya'll are playing on Tuesday, right? Well, good luck either way!!

Go Pistons Go Spurs!!!

katrina32
05-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I can't believe 2 of my favourite teams pulled it off last night.

Being a pistons fan I can't help but love the spurs, they play team basketball and tough defense..reminds me of my pistons. Rematch baby!

Sasha
05-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Boat is barely floating, I say throw them overboard and save ourselves.

texlawman
05-20-2006, 01:48 PM
The only problem with this thread is the Spurs are not the best team in the west. I think that will be proven Monday.

The Genius
05-20-2006, 02:41 PM
^Okay. When your team gives up a 3-1 lead, 2 games in which were hand fed to, what will be proven Monday is the heart which says no.

G-Money
05-20-2006, 03:00 PM
The only problem with this thread is the Spurs are not the best team in the west. I think that will be proven Monday.

If your team was better you would have beaten the Spurs those last two times at SA and in your down City.

:flipoff mavs and cavs

himat
05-20-2006, 03:28 PM

:lol :blah

05-20-2006, 03:30 PM

The only problem with this post is that the Mavs have NEVER been the best team in the WC...

1Parker1
05-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Good wins.

:tu After all that, they better win Sunday/Monday! :lol

himat
05-20-2006, 04:04 PM
A little bit after the Pistons ans Spurs lost Game 5 I thought of that. What if both teams won Game 6, but ended up losing at home in Game 7. :lol Actually that would suck.

texlawman
05-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree the Mavs have never been the best team in the West. Until this year.
We lost Game 6 because we we're shorthanded. We won't have that problem in Game 7. Mavs win. :spin

Tanya
05-20-2006, 04:47 PM
A little bit after the Pistons ans Spurs lost Game 5 I thought of that. What if both teams won Game 6, but ended up losing at home in Game 7. :lol Actually that would suck.

Knock...knock....knock on wood!! :elephant

CubanMustGo
05-20-2006, 05:32 PM

Spurs didn't lose Game 5.

But either losing Game 7 at home would suck.

RON ARTEST
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Spurs didn't lose Game 5.

But either losing Game 7 at home would suck.
I can see one of them losing but not both. that would be crazy after they both won game 6.

HB22inSA
05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
We lost Game 6 because we we're shorthanded. We won't have that problem in Game 7. Mavs win. :spin
I don't know about that. I agree that they are much improved, but not on the Spurs' level.

Think about it, the Spurs have been "shorthanded" these entire playoffs, and the guy (Parker) who carried them throughout the year is hurting now.

What pissed me off was that the Mavericks were being made to look better than they really were, with some "experts" saying the Mavs could beat the Spurs anytime they wanted, like they owned them or something (not to mention the Spurs probably should have won all 3 games in Dallas without some "help"). They weren't facing a 100% healthy Spurs team, and no one will in these playoffs. All of those little pretty shots that went in all series are different when the pressure is on, and the Mavericks just haven't "been there" enough to know how to handle it.

I think their heads got a bit too big when up 3-1, and they believed the hype, and now they will go home in the second round left to think about what could have been.

I don't mind losing a series to the Pistons, since they have proven how good they are. But the Mavericks are truly an inferior team, and have much to learn before beating the Spurs in a 7-game series.

Mavs<Spurs
05-20-2006, 07:01 PM

You lost game 6 because you counted on Jason Terry. If you were a better team, you wouldn't rely on mental midgets to win.

Great teams don't make the kinds of mistakes that the Jason Terry and the Mavs made.

It's not impossible for the Mavs to win, but is extremely, extremely unlikely.

You had a 3-1 advantage (largely, in my view, due to bad officials). You lost game 5. Terry punched Michael in the groin, so that one of your two or three best players could not play. That contributed to your loss at home in game 6. Now, you have lost 2 straight games, forfeited a 3-1 deficit and are playing the defending World Champs in a game 7 on their own home floor.

Mavs can't feel good about this game. While Terry is back, Tony normally shoots better than 50% from the floor. He shot 20 % from the field and scored only 8 points. So, Tony's improvement in the next game will counter Terry's return.

Tim Duncan is a monster and you all have no answer for him at all. Tim will make sure that we walk away with the w.

All of the other games I expected to be close (game 2 Mavs killed us so I was wrong). This game I expect to be broken wide open by a patented 3rd quarter Spurs at home run.

Slim Chance bought his airplane tickets, packed his bags, called the cab company and is walking out the door, leaving only his brother None.

Mavs<Spurs
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM
BTW, regarding Pistons win, a lot of us predicted it!!!

Didn't have to be prescient to see that one coming down the tracks!!!

I'm not by any means the only one, but I pictured the Cavs getting off to a quick start (11-4) they did, the Pistons slowly worked themselves back into the game and the Pistons were the team that would execute better and get it done in the fourth! This is precisely what I posted and what happened.

Pistons by at least 10 in this next game and maybe by a lot more.

Pistons will beat the Heat and will be one tough opponent in the Finals.

Even if we win, Mavs are a much better team this year than in past years. They are the second best team in the west.

Spurs vs Suns= small ball version 2.0? or Spurs vs Clips (I think a better basketball team) which means normal Spurs basketball (thank God!!!).

Clips would be tougher, I believe, for us to win but we are the better team.

Finals: Spurs vs Pistons finals.

Tanya
05-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Finals: Spurs vs Pistons finals.

http://sports.tom.com/uimg/2006/1/12/lanqiu/56528279xiaoke0112_55394.jpg

§helly
05-20-2006, 08:01 PM
we're rootin for u in detroit. I hope ya'll make it, because the spurs deserve to. They are better then that.

cherylsteele
05-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Getting ahead of oursleves are we...hmmm?

rwb
05-20-2006, 09:42 PM
It was heartening to watch both the Pistons and Spurs cowboy up in Game 6 to get the wins. Both champs know how to give that extra push when everything's on the line. I haven't been watching the Detroit-Cleveland games much, but the game Friday night looked just as ridiculous with the ticky-tac calls as the Spurs games have been. Has that been an issue with the Detroit games, too?

Also, thanks Pistons fans for overall being respectful in the Spurs Forum. With very few exceptions, the Dallas trolls have been a little too much to stomache during this series. Here's to a repeat of last year with the two best teams meeting again!

mike detroit
05-20-2006, 10:09 PM
It was heartening to watch both the Pistons and Spurs cowboy up in Game 6 to get the wins. Both champs know how to give that extra push when everything's on the line. I haven't been watching the Detroit-Cleveland games much, but the game Friday night looked just as ridiculous with the ticky-tac calls as the Spurs games have been. Has that been an issue with the Detroit games, too?

Also, thanks Pistons fans for overall being respectful in the Spurs Forum. With very few exceptions, the Dallas trolls have been a little too much to stomache during this series. Here's to a repeat of last year with the two best teams meeting again!

lebron's been getting the superstar treatment on fouls, but overall, no, I don't think the refs have been much of an issue.

spurs=bling
05-20-2006, 10:12 PM
lebron's been getting the superstar treatment on fouls, but overall, no, I don't think the refs have been much of an issue.

even though we won. Dirk only had one foul. and he got it almost towards the end of the game.

Mavzy
06-03-2006, 10:07 AM

Yup, at the o'le fish'n hole!!! GO MAVS beat the Heat!!
:spin :blah

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Yay, another troll. Run along now, 'neck.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Yup, at the o'le fish'n hole!!! GO MAVS beat the Heat!!
:spin :blah

Welp, looks like someone is banned for posting in this thread

himat
06-03-2006, 10:24 AM
You don't have to be a bitch just because outside of Dallas no one thinks your team is good. GO SUNS

Mavzy
06-03-2006, 10:52 AM
You don't have to be a bitch just because outside of Dallas no one thinks your team is good. GO SUNS

It's because of posts like this that I'm even here. And, don't worry I wont waste anymore time here, as your post shows the intelligence on this board. I've visited (not trolled) many other teams' boards and had very good dialogue with other teams' basketball fans. But to say no one outside of Dallas thinks the Mavs are good....is preposterous. Dallas swept the Griz, beat a very good Spurs team (on the road), and is now one win away from the NBA finals. You do not achieve that by not being a good team!! The Spurs are a VERY good team (I'll bet even you agree to that) and they and the Mavs went back and forth all year. So you're telling me a lousy team can compete with the mighty Spurs, I dont think so! I really, prefer not to bash other teams, as I appreciate good talent and hard work. But sometimes you have to stand up for what is right!

GO MAVS....2006 NBA CHAMPS (Yeah I know it'll only be our first, but hey it's a start)

pussyface
06-03-2006, 10:58 AM
"Welp, looks like someone is banned for posting in this thread" trainwreck.
this guy reminds me of my 12 year old daughter. he is not exactly thick skinned. he is about as sensitive as a vagina that is my namesake.

...as soon as one little thing doesnt go according to plan in his life, he wants to lash out.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 11:00 AM
"Welp, looks like someone is banned for posting in this thread" trainwreck.
this guy reminds me of my 12 year old daughter. he is not exactly thick skinned. he is about as sensitive as a vagina that is my namesake.

...as soon as one little thing doesnt go according to plan in his life, he wants to lash out.

And then there were two.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 11:03 AM
It was made very clear that any mav fan posting in a believe thread will be banned for 24 hours.

pussyface
06-03-2006, 11:07 AM
...do you think its possible that not every visitiing mavs fan is up on the stringent rules and regulations of your board?

you can ban me all day, but it wont make it just or change the fact that my mavericks are playing to advance to the finals in a few hours.

you need to thinkn about getting your bitterness and resentment in check.

you would not be all pissy if the spurs were still in the playoffs, you fucking baby.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2006, 11:08 AM
the roof is on fire!

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 11:10 AM
...do you think its possible that not every visitiing mavs fan is up on the stringent rules and regulations of your board?

you can ban me all day, but it wont make it just or change the fact that my mavericks are playing to advance to the finals in a few hours.

you need to thinkn about getting your bitterness and resentment in check.

you would not be all pissy if the spurs were still in the playoffs, you fucking baby.

Nobody asked you to post in here to call me 12 and defend your boy for being a dumbass, maybe if he didn't bump this you wouldn't be in this situation. Leonard and Shank both got banned for 24 hours and they didn't know either so accept it and move on.

pussyface
06-03-2006, 11:13 AM
"Nobody asked you to post in here to call me 12 and defend your boy for being a dumbass, maybe if he didn't bump this you wouldn't be in this situation. Leonard and Shank both got banned for 24 hours and they didn't know either so accept it and move on." you

im not the one who bumped this thread and got it onto the first page.

i merely responded to your selfrightously taking the bully pulpit and basking in people getting banned.

...but thats neither here nor there.

...you are a fucking baby.

my 12 year old has more maturity than you do, so i'll admit that remark was poorly chosen.