PDA

View Full Version : We'll Never Back Down

charmie21
05-18-2006, 02:31 AM
For the 3rd consecutive time, I cried after a game. But now it's different. It's more special. I shed tears of nervousness, hoping against hope that that won't be the last time I see my team play. I found myself sitting at one step of the stairs, hugging my pillow tightly, staring blankly at the screen of our TV. I don't even remember what I was thinking then. Actually, I was avoiding the thought of possibly waiting for another 6 months before I see them play again. But when the clock expired with my team being up by one point, everything changed. The tears cascading down my cheeks were suddenly tears of joy. A brand new sense of relief, happiness, faith and hope found it's way to me.

Now my faith is much stronger than before. I know my San Antonio Spurs won't back down. I know my team will fight until the last ounce of their energy. So being a loyal fan that I am, I will fight with them. Even though I only have my TV as a way of seeing them, I don't care. I don't mind if I'm at the other side of the world. What's important is I do the best I can in order to support them. By one way or another, I know my heart is always with my team.

(:cry <--- tears of joy)

GO SAN ANTONIO SPURS GO!

I BELIEVE.

timvp
05-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Just need one win on the road.

That's it.

:smokin

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Get game 6, blow out in game 7.

Gotta get one road win.

The Thompson brothers aren't going so I really feel good about it :lol

Logan
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
We win game six..we will win it all!!

J.T.
05-18-2006, 02:34 AM
I still have adrenaline left over from that game. I was fuckin shaking the whole last minute. Now we just gotta look forward to Game 6. Go into Dallas and take care of business. Hopefully we get some stops and shoot as well as we have so far in this series.

I bleed Silver and Black.

Believe.

gospursgojas
05-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Its for fans like you that I makes me want the Spurs to win...

I felt the same way yesterday(tues), but when I woke up this morning(wed) for some reason I just felt it in my gut that the Spurs were going to pull this series off....Probally b/c I came as close to giving up on the Spurs during a playoff run as I ever had, so I felt bad :spin

J.T.
05-18-2006, 02:40 AM
You know after Game 4 when we botched it up in OT, I got up from my chair and went into the kitchen and cursed for a few moments. Then I started thinking about our chances and how overwhelming it would be. I just kinda sat around for a while going over what happened, and what has to happen to still win. And I've gotta say, I've had more optimism about this than anything else in my life. I think positive most of the time but this situation is just special.

I couldn't get to sleep Monday night, all I could see was basketball, and all I could feel was that overwhelming feeling in my chest. Tuesday was one of the longest days of my life. I just wanted it to be over ASAP. And until the game started, today was no different. And the next 2 days will surely be the same. But you know what, we can do this. I believe this team is going to show up on Friday and do something special. I am seriously taking this one game at a time. I've been talking to my friend who is also a diehard Spurs fan on the phone a lot over the last day, and he's been going on about how we're going to take it in 7 and all that. Not that I don't feel the same, but right now I am looking forward only to game 6. Phase 1 is complete, now we move on to Phase 2. I know this team can do it. I just know it.

Believe.

charmie21
05-18-2006, 02:52 AM
all I could feel was that overwhelming feeling in my chest. Tuesday was one of the longest days of my life. I just wanted it to be over ASAP.

exactly. after game 4, i want to sleep and just wake up when game5 is about to start.. but of course, it didn't happen.. i just spent the next day playing Tomb Raider: Legend all day long..

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2006, 02:52 AM
You all should know how good it felt to see the clock run down to zero...with the Spurs on Top.

This is why we watch...this is why we cheer...for that euphoric moment. For the win. WIN GAME 6!

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 02:53 AM
The Thompson brothers aren't going so I really feel good about it :lol

Yeah I talked to them tonight and really made sure they aren't going.:lol

Louie Vega
05-18-2006, 04:03 AM
For the 3rd consecutive time, I cried after a game. But now it's different. It's more special. I shed tears of nervousness, hoping against hope that that won't be the last time I see my team play. I found myself sitting at one step of the stairs, hugging my pillow tightly, staring blankly at the screen of our TV.
Now my faith is much stronger than before. I know my San Antonio Spurs won't back down. I know my team will fight until the last ounce of their energy. So being a loyal fan that I am, I will fight with them. Even though I only have my TV as a way of seeing them, I don't care. I don't mind if I'm at the other side of the world. What's important is I do the best I can in order to support them. By one way or another, I know my heart is always with my team.

(:cry <--- tears of joy)

GO SAN ANTONIO SPURS GO!

I BELIEVE.

God Bless you and God Bless our Spurs!!! Even through all the bad officiating and bad times they just keep fighting. I think the Mavs fans can learn something from this post. Learn how to be a true fan and learn how to support your team 100%.

notoveryet7
05-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Hey guys we know that we have the best fans, and the best team in the NBA no matter what anyone says....this is not over...Spurs have what it takes...and know what to do to get it done...for everyone who already gave up hope...i say who cares, they are the same people who are going to cry tears of joy when the Spurs win in 7... all we need is on freakin road win...

:nope---notoveryet

SpursStillTippin
05-18-2006, 04:56 AM
Very inspiring thread. Our boys need a road win and its home cooking for game 7. Game 6 is ours if we want it.

caŽlo
05-18-2006, 05:28 AM
props to you charmie!

g6 GTG?

for those who r in chat... man that was an awesome experience.

Duncanoypi
05-18-2006, 06:57 AM
^yeh, i relied in play by play in the office...and in dying seconds my heart nearly stopped beating...oh boy!...

but nonetheless...spurs didn't let us down...Tim Duncan(my idol) gave his very best and succeed in this game(hopefully this series)...

In God We Trust...yeah...God is on our side...I always believe that!....

as i borrow this line..i bleed silver and black...

Props Little Charmie for this inspiring thread...keep it up!

No matter what...straight from the Philippines...from the bottom of every Filipino spurs fans heart...one big fight...GO SPURS GO!!!"