PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 Refs, anyone know who?

SpursStillTippin
05-18-2006, 05:02 AM
Does anyone know who the refs for game 6 will be? I sure hope its not the same as games 3 and 4. If its close we all know which way the calls will be going since the mavs are at home. Game 6 is an elimination game for the mavs, i said it here first! Go Spurs Go. I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED!!

J.T.
05-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Does anyone know who the refs for game 6 will be? I sure hope its not the same as games 3 and 4. If its close we all know which way the calls will be going since the mavs are at home. Game 6 is an elimination game for the mavs, i said it here first! Go Spurs Go. I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED!!

Refs can't work a game twice in the same city for at least 14 days.

SpursStillTippin
05-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Refs can't work a game twice in the same city for at least 14 days.

Wow, i didn't know that. I guess thats good to know that the same refs won't be calling the game. unless $tern gets his hands on some more puppets

Obstructed_View
05-18-2006, 05:07 AM
DAN CRAWFORD. Just to make Mark Cuban cry.

J.T.
05-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Dan Crawford reffed Game 1. Could he be eligible for Game 6 since it's in Dallas and not SA?

Steve Javie
05-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Me!!!

50 cent
05-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Potential refs for Friday night's game:
Ken Mauer
Tom Washington
Bennett Salvatore
Scott Foster
Mike Callahan
Jack Nies
Monty McCutchen
Sean Corbin
Tony Brothers
Joe Forte
Bob Delaney

My prediction:

Bennett Salvatore
Mike Callahan
Bob Delaney
Jack Nies

If it's both Salvatore and Nies, the Spurs will know the NBA wants the series to be over. If it's neither Salvatore or Nies, then the Spurs know the NBA wants game #7.

I'm hoping for a Callahan, Delaney, McCutcheon ref crew.

WalterBenitez
05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry for the question how the crew is selected? any criteria? just because or conspiracy?

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Ken Mauer
Tom Washington
Bennett Salvatore
Scott Foster
Mike Callahan
Jack Nies
Monty McCutchen
Sean Corbin
Tony Brothers
Joe Forte
Bob Delaney

My prediction:

Bennett Salvatore
Mike Callahan
Bob Delaney
Jack Nies

If it's both Salvatore and Nies, the Spurs will know the NBA wants the series to be over. If it's neither Salvatore or Nies, then the Spurs know the NBA wants game #7.

I'm hoping for a Callahan, Delaney, McCutcheon ref crew.

You can now actually take some of those guys out of the mix.

McCutchen, Foster, Brothers, and Corbin won't work any more games in this round. Also, they can't see Joe Forte, since he called the game last night.

The guess is a pretty good one. I'd think they'll see at least Salvatore or Nies, since I'm not sure that either one of those guys would get a Game 7 call. I think Delaney, though, is a decent Game 7 bet, which may keep him out of Game 6. If you want to track it, see who calls the Phoenix game tonight and who calls the Detroit/Cleveland game on Friday and start eliminating any names you can. None of these guys are going to work back-to-back nights anymore.

SA210
05-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Salvitore = Loooooooooong night

50 cent
05-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Did McCutcheon work a Spurs game? I thought he would be a good candidate. Yeah, scratch Forte off the list....missed that one.

Ken Mauer
Tom Washington
Bennett Salvatore
Mike Callahan
Jack Nies
Monty McCutchen
Bob Delaney

Yikes, Nies or Salvatore (if not both) is looking quite likely. The Spurs will have to play their game of the year on Friday night.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Did McCutcheon work a Spurs game? I thought he would be a good candidate. Yeah, scratch Forte off the list....missed that one.

McCutchen won't work any more games, I think, because he's not moving on to the next level. The only officials still working at this point are those who will call Conference Finals games. McCutchen likely isn't one of those. (nor are, likely, Corbin, Foster, or Brothers).

By the way, if this goes 7, you can count on the Game 7 officials being Finals-level officials and only Finals-level officials. There are 12 of those guys and I think we pretty much know who they are.

50 cent
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I think Dan Crawford would probably be back for a game 7. Crawford and Delaney would be nice. We gotta get through Bennett (likely) first though in Game 6.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I think Dan Crawford would probably be back for a game 7. Crawford and Delaney would be nice. We gotta get through Bennett (likely) first though in Game 6.

Spurs just have to play well in Game 6. Don't worry about officials and officiating. Just play hard and do the right things. If they can do that, the rest should take care of itself.

Islymore
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Wassup with Bennett? He's bad luck when he calls Spur games?

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM

I think the sentiment is that he seems to give the Mavericks the benefit of the doubt more than he would the Spurs.

I don't think that's really true. If Salvatore really disliked the Spurs, he had ample cause to run Popovich in a game at Indiana this year, but instead listened to Pop's cursing rant about a time out call and didn't even assess a technical (which many officials would have).

If they're consistent, I couldn't care less who the officials are. One might think I believe oppositely, since I post frequently about officials. That would be wrong -- I've studied it for a while, because I became interested in learning who the league thinks are great officials so that I could observe them and see what makes them great. In that pursuit, I've educated myself about who those guys are and have tracked some things about they way that they are assigned and that, I think, allows me some ability to get involved in discussions like this one.

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 11:39 AM
do you remember in '03 when he sent the mavs to the line 70 times in a game against the spurs.

Islymore
05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
okay... Salvatore... hmm... I'll be checkin for that name and if he does ref the game, I'll be lookin for his calls in favor/against the Mavs.

50 cent
05-18-2006, 11:41 AM
do you remember in '03 when he sent the mavs to the line 70 times in a game against the spurs.
Game 1 '03 WCF - The Bennett Salvatore Free Throw Shooting Contest

:td

SA210
05-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Screw Bennett,

Get ready for a long night, seriously.

bigglendiesel
05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Game 1 '03 WCF - The Bennett Salvatore Free Throw Shooting Contest

:td

DIDN'T THIS GAME GO INTO OT ALSO? I think I was up way past my bed time that nite...

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
My money

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/014cuban.jpg

NASHville
05-18-2006, 11:59 AM
The players need to make the necessary adjustments and play the game.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 12:01 PM

A suns fan? boy are you lost

J.T.
05-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Spurs are 5-1 when Salvatore calls the game this season. The one loss was the last second turnover in Sacramento, it could easily be 6-0. I don't know wtf people are getting all worried about. We just have to play hard and make the refs a non factor.

Felonius Monk
05-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Spurs are 5-1 when Salvatore calls the game this season. The one loss was the last second turnover in Sacramento, it could easily be 6-0. I don't know wtf people are getting all worried about. We just have to play hard and make the refs a non factor.

On the other hand, the Spurs are 4 and 7 in Salvatore worked playoff games from 2003 to the present.

themvp
05-18-2006, 02:24 PM

:lol :lol