PDA

View Full Version : Best series

romsey31
05-18-2006, 07:10 AM
This is the best series I've watched in yearssss. The world definately agrees with me with ratings up 19%. This is the NBA finals....who ever wins here will definately win the championship. It was good to see Manu back last night after the time he took off :). & how bout that facial on Dampier? wow. Dirk is the man!! No doubt He's been absolutely killing.

The coaching has been GREAT!. This is definately a war of the minds. The two best coaches in the NBA, doing what they do best. Great series no extra drama no pissy tail whining from the players...This is NBA basketball.

MFFL
05-18-2006, 07:12 AM
I agree.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:22 AM
The Suns-Clippers series has been great as well, as has the Cleveland-Detroit series.

The only dog of the group was Miami-NJ

Did you guys know that there have been eight 1 pt games in the playoffs, thus far? :smokin

I think I had a mild heart attack last night in last 2 minutes of the Spurs' game.

I can not take much more of this shit.

:)

romsey31
05-18-2006, 08:29 AM
The Suns-Clippers series has been great as well, as has the Cleveland-Detroit series.

The only dog of the group was Miami-NJ

Did you guys know that there have been eight 1 pt games in the playoffs, thus far? :smokin

I think I had a mild heart attack last night in last 2 minutes of the Spurs' game.

I aint gon lie, I've never been more amped to watch PO games that Pacers weren't apart of. The Playoffs has been great.

P.S All comparisons of Reggie and Rip should CEASE after his HORRIBLE last minute whatever the fuck that was last night. Dude didnt even try to shoot the ball. He didnt want that shot, what a clown.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:31 AM
I aint gon lie, I've never been more amped to watch PO games that Pacers weren't apart of. The Playoffs has been great.

P.S All comparisons of Reggie and Rip should CEASE after his HORRIBLE last minute whatever the fuck that was last night. Dude didnt even try to shoot the ball. He didnt want that shot, what a clown.

I know Reggie Miller, Reggie was a friend of mine, and you Rip, are no Reggie Miller.

degenerate_gambler
05-18-2006, 08:57 AM

No lie.

The tequila shots to calm my nerves last nite caught up to me this morning.

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 09:30 AM
There's a poll on ESPN. Which Playoff series ppl are watching MOST. The winner is Spurs-Mavs

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Jim knows Reggie Miller? :wtf

romsey31
05-18-2006, 10:02 AM

Does Reggie sound like he needs nasal spray or what? :lol

101A
05-18-2006, 10:05 AM
There's a poll on ESPN. Which Playoff series ppl are watching MOST. The winner is Spurs-Mavs

Anybody looking for a conspiracy. $$$$ are usually a good bet. This one goes 7.

Spurs Dynasty
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM
No lie.

The tequila shots to calm my nerves last nite caught up to me this morning.

Why did you stop?

ggoose25
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Anybody looking for a conspiracy. $$$$ are usually a good bet. This one goes 7.

yes. i didnt used to agree in the NBA fixing games, but its hard not to believe that in this series.

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2006, 10:14 AM

:lmao

You aren't old enough to get that one. he was paraphrasing Lloyd Bentsen bitch slapping Dan Quayle in the '88 presidential debates. Probably one of the worst smackdown lines ever delivered on live TV.

"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

SA210
05-18-2006, 10:27 AM
How do you get the ratings info on this series?

How does it look compared to other series?

They might let it get to 7.

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 10:50 AM

You aren't old enough to get that one. he was paraphrasing Lloyd Bentsen bitch slapping Dan Quayle in the '88 presidential debates. Probably one of the worst smackdown lines ever delivered on live TV.

"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

Even funnier, I didn't get why she couldn't figure out what Jim was talking about.

See, 1P1, I'm not the only old dude around here.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
:lmao Ok you're right, re-reading Jim's quote I should have figured out he was re-quoting. In my defense, I'm at work reading these threads in between doing actual work :lol

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 10:56 AM
In my defense, I'm at work reading these threads in between doing actual work :lol

Yes, I'm sure that will be an excellent defense to use on your boss.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
:lol :depressed You're right, I better be careful.

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
This is the best series I've watched in yearssss. The world definately agrees with me with ratings up 19%.

You have a link for the ratings data? It would be great if the media finally has to admit that the last two years the NBA playoffs have been as good as any sports event in the world, and the fans realize that.

boutons_
05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
For Game4, I watched the Yankee Doodle bar/restaurant on the 3rd Ave Promenade in Santa Monica. A few Spurs fans, but predominantly Mavs fans. :(

For Game5, I watched in the Fernwood Hotel/Camp restaurant in Big Sur. I figured I'd be the only bball fan there of the handful people there, but nearly all watched the game to the very end, and most were Spurs fans. :)

mabber
05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
yes. i didnt used to agree in the NBA fixing games, but its hard not to believe that in this series.

Do you realize how ignorant this makes you seem? I hate to sound mean, but anybody that truely believes this has their heads way up their ass.

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 12:46 PM

The sick part is that the record is 9 (1987), and we're still in the second round.

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Do you realize how ignorant this makes you seem? I hate to sound mean, but anybody that truely believes this has their heads way up their ass.

NBA is not fixing specific games but refs are under orders to selectively enforce the rules to give advantage to "quicker" teams. Read this article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page...=simmons/060517

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 12:56 PM

Pay the man, Shirley.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
There is no fix. If there was one and anyone could prove it, which probably wouldn't be hard, it would be catastrophic to the NBA.

But, I bet nobody in either the league office or the network offices would be terribly sad to see this sucker go 7. This is the best series I've ever seen; one way or the other, I'll be sad to see it end, but gratified and thankful that I got to see it up close and with a passionate rooting interest.

Spurminator
05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I was telling my friends last night that if the Spurs lost, that would have been the best five game series I'd ever seen.