PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 plays on NBAtv

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:39 AM
The Spurs garnered the top 3 plays on NBAtv last night. Considering that his highness, Lebron James played last night, that is a freak of nature.

Here they are:

3. TP's behind the back pass to TD for the jam :smokin

2. Manu's layup after the behind the back drive :smokin

1. Finley's drive and monster jam. :smokin

I think Michael would just die if Dallas beats his Spurs and goes to the Finals, after being on the Mavs for 9 yrs and losing to SA in the playoffs each time. Therefore, I think Finley wants this win more than even Manu. His defense and offense has surpassed all of our expectations in the playoffs.

I am so proud of him, and will never ever question his heart.

ObiwanGinobili
05-18-2006, 08:42 AM
I think Michael would just die if Dallas beats his Spurs and goes to the Finals, after being on the Mavs for 9 yrs and losing to SA in the playoffs each time. Therefore, I think Finley wants this win more than even Manu. His defense and offense has surpassed all of our expectations in the playoffs.

amen brother, amen.

also -I'm shocked we got the top 3... I saw the cavs-pistons game and there were at least 8 signature LeBron moves that almost always get on the highlight reel.
:tu Good ot see Spurs guys get their recognition.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:44 AM
amen brother, amen.

also -I'm shocked we got the top 3... I saw the cavs-pistons game and there were at least 8 signature LeBron moves that almost always get on the highlight reel.
:tu Good ot see Spurs guys get their recognition.

Nice rack, ObiwannGinobillii. :smokin

BigBinBigD
05-18-2006, 08:45 AM
The Spurs garnered the top 3 plays on NBAtv last night. Considering that his highness, Lebron James played last night, that is a freak of nature.

Here they are:

3. TP's behind the back pass to TD for the jam :smokin

2. Manu's jump hook after the behind the back drive :smokin

1. Finley's drive and monster jam. :smokin

You'll see soon enough why we pay him $15 million a year and still don't want him on our team...

Did he really say he could have gone somewhere else and maybe been an all-star? :lol :lol :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 08:47 AM
3. TP's behind the back pass to TD for the jam

His goof a little later trying to do the same thing made the Top-3 worst plays.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:48 AM
You'll see soon enough why we pay him $15 million a year and still don't want him on our team...

Did he really say he could have gone somewhere else and maybe been an all-star? :lol :lol :lol

You did not want him because Cuban wanted to save on the luxury tax and also you have 4 players that need minutes who are a lot younger. Not because he choked, and fuckyou for saying that about a guy that made your team a very good team, after 10 yrs of horrible basketball.

You Mavs fans never cease to amaze me.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:49 AM
His goof a little later trying to do the same thing made the Top-3 worst plays.

Diop saw that coming from a mile away.

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 08:51 AM
You did not want him because Cuban wanted to save on the luxury tax and also you have 4 players that need minutes who are a lot younger. Not because he choked, and fuckyou for saying that about a guy that made your team a very good team, after 10 yrs of horrible basketball.

Amen. The guy helped create a foundation for what the Mav's fans are seeing right now, and all they want to do is bring the guy down. At least most Spurs fans are still respectful of what Avery did to the San Antonio organization.

Spurs Dynasty
05-18-2006, 08:54 AM
What about Manu's behind the back dribble thru 3 mavs to layup the ball? That was amazing.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Amen. The guy helped create a foundation for what the Mav's fans are seeing right now, and all they want to do is bring the guy down. At least most Spurs fans are still respectful of what Avery did to the San Antonio organization.

We still show respect for AD and Devin Brown when they come back to town, and they were nowhere near as important to the Spurs' success as Finley was to Dallas' successes over the last 8 yrs. Dallas fans are even worse than Philly fans, IMO. They are horrible human beings and I am ashamed that they call themselves Texans.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 08:56 AM
What about Manu's behind the back dribble thru 3 mavs to layup the ball? That was amazing.

That was better

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Dallas fans are even worse than Philly fans, IMO.

Philly fans are highly misunderstood around the country. We aren't that bad!

Jimcs50

Present company excluded

:)

BigBinBigD

No need to get violent. He had nothing to do with the Mavs turning it around. That was all Dirk and Nash. What he did was continue to try to be the man for WAY too long and stunt the progress of younger, better players. He was nothing more than a pretty good player on a horrible team. Nothing more. As the Mavs got better, his attitude and skills got worse and worse. I've gone to almost every home game for the last 12 years. Please don't think you know more about him then I do.

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 09:01 AM
No need to get violent. He had nothing to do with the Mavs turning it around. That was all Dirk and Nash. What he did was continue to try to be the man for WAY too long and stunt the progress of younger, better players. He was nothing more than a pretty good player on a horrible team. Nothing more. As the Mavs got better, his attitude and skills got worse and worse. I've gone to almost every home game for the last 12 years. Please don't think you know more about him then I do.

Of course players get older, slower, less productive, but it still doesn;t excuse the treatment the guy is getting from Dallas fans now. Heck, Avery wasn't even one of our top contributers while he was here, but he (and others, that another poster mentioned earlier) still get respect from us Spurs fans.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 09:04 AM

You are nuts. Finley was just as important to Dallas' turnaround as Nash or Dirk.

themvp
05-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Finley has still some hops :)

BigBinBigD
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Of course players get older, slower, less productive, but it still doesn;t excuse the treatment the guy is getting from Dallas fans now. Heck, Avery wasn't even one of our top contributers while he was here, but he (and others, that another poster mentioned earlier) still get respect from us Spurs fans.

Sure they do. His problem is he wouldn't defer to anyone else and was all about getting his shots and stats, even when his %'s were falling through the floor. Avery is in a whole other category. He knew who and what he was.

BigBinBigD
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
You are nuts. Finley was just as important to Dallas' turnaround as Nash or Dirk.

Nope.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Sure they do. His problem is he wouldn't defer to anyone else and was all about getting his shots and stats, even when his %'s were falling through the floor. Avery is in a whole other category. He knew who and what he was.

yeah a 44% and 43% his last 2 years is HORRIBLE :rolleyes

Keep digging that hole.

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM

That sounds like a coaching issue - not a player issue.

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Spurs owned last night

CubanMustGo
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Sure they do. His problem is he wouldn't defer to anyone else and was all about getting his shots and stats, even when his %'s were falling through the floor.

Funny how that doesn't seem to be a problem in SA.

baseline bum
05-18-2006, 11:20 AM

You don't know shit. Finley singlehandedly won you guys that series vs. Utah in 2000. I don't know how you boo your iron-man. Dude had his career shortened by all the minutes Nelson played him.... seriously, Mavs fans booing Fin would be like Spurs fans booing Sean Elliott.

Jimcs50
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
You don't know shit. Finley singlehandedly won you guys that series vs. Utah in 2000. I don't know how you boo your iron-man. Dude had his career shortened by all the minutes Nelson played him.... seriously, Mavs fans booing Fin would be like Spurs fans booing Sean Elliott.

Great analogy

:smokin

Mavs fans proved once and for all that they are classless, what have you done for me lately type fans

Starting with backing the firing of Tom Landry and continuing with signing TO to the Cowboys, a player who desecrated the Star, and now this booing of Finley, they continue to be spoiled unloyal brats.

I hate Dallas fans.

LuvBones
05-18-2006, 12:34 PM
:tu Spurs played amazing last night.

I hate Dallas fans too.

Spurs Dynasty
05-18-2006, 12:37 PM

I can tell you from experience, there are no fans ANYWHERE worse than Philly fans.... imagine this:

You are at a Eagles game with your wife and 2 yr old son. Your wife is wearing a Cowboys jersey. 5-10 assholes start callitng her a fucking cunt and after come after you and your woman and small child.

Luckily an off duty cop came to the rescue. I have more horror stories, but this is about par for the course.

Also: home of the Bounty Bowl, and they pelted "Santa" with snowballs.

Spurs Dynasty
05-18-2006, 12:40 PM

Sean Elliott is tops in my book!

tetasfromtejas
05-18-2006, 12:54 PM
i don't think the hate would be as prevelant for Finley if he had gone to another team like the heat for example. dallas fans are bitter period.
if its not one thing its another. dallas fans are obsessed with beating the Spurs. look for a few to jump off some skyscrapers when dallas loses :lol

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 01:23 PM

No fair referring to 2000. Most of the Mavs fans hopped on the bandwagon well after that. :lol

leemajors
05-18-2006, 01:28 PM

finley could have gone to phoenix and had a good chance at making the all star team- nash passing to finley for wide open 3's all game?

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=NoMoneyDown At least most Spurs fans are still respectful of what Avery did to the San Antonio organization.[/QUOTE]
thats starting to change though.

leemajors
05-18-2006, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=NoMoneyDown At least most Spurs fans are still respectful of what Avery did to the San Antonio organization.
thats starting to change though.[/QUOTE]

i think this is just a temporary hate wave. should pass when the season is over.