PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Finley HUGE in game 6

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I would love for Finley to GO OFF in game 6. Shut up that smug ass crowd.

boutons_
05-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I loved Michael's vicious dunks. Apparently, Michael LOVES jewelry!!

Slomo
05-18-2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Finley_dunk_mavs.jpg

pache100
05-18-2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Finley_dunk_mavs.jpg

That's GREAT, Slomo! I just printed that off for my collage. Thanks for posting it.

mabber
05-18-2006, 10:41 AM
I would love for Finley to GO OFF in game 6. Shut up that smug ass crowd.

I'll be there! I have nothing but love for FinDog but I sure hope he doesn't have a great game.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Awesome Slomo!

BTW, I agree. There would be nothing sweeter than to have Finley have the game of his life and beat the Mavs on their court and in Cuban's face in Game 6. I really hope it's comes true. Hell, for NVE too :)

Brandon361
05-18-2006, 10:43 AM
hell ya the spurs dont fish!

Shank
05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
When has Michael Finley ever been clutch? He'll wilt like he always does.

ducks
05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
he has been clutch the last 2 games
wtf are you talkign about

Shank
05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
12 and 7 in 43 minutes is "clutch" to you?

Any average player could get 12 and 7 in that number of minutes.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 10:58 AM

"Clutch" means you make baskets when they are most needed. Ever heard of Robert Horry?

Again, Mavs fan shows low basketball IQ.

blaze89
05-18-2006, 10:59 AM

Making baskets in the 4th quarter in close games is not clutch?

Ginofan
05-18-2006, 11:01 AM
It would've been sweet to have won game 4 with Mike's sick duck and that key 3 but that obviously didn't happen. But no worries, he came out with a repeat performance for game 5! Let's make it a triple threat for game 6 Mike!

Shank
05-18-2006, 11:01 AM
"Clutch" means you make baskets when they are most needed. Ever heard of Robert Horry?

Again, Mavs fan shows low basketball IQ.

Finley's last basket came at 4:10 left in last night's game. The last time his name shows up on the pbp is a defensive rebound at the 1:40 mark.

Tell me how these plays are "making baskets when they are most needed", oh wise one.

Ginofan
05-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I believe any baskets made in the 4th quarter in the games as grueling as ours have been is considered being clutch. With the games comming down to 1 or 2 possessions at the very end of the 4th...everything is needed.

Shank
05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Check that...his last FG was at the 6:20 mark. The 4:30 were free throws.

He was a non-factor in the waning moments of the game. And to tell yourself otherwise is sheer homerism. He was not "clutch" last night.

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Finley's last basket came at 4:10 left in last night's game. The last time his name shows up on the pbp is a defensive rebound at the 1:40 mark.

Tell me how these plays are "making baskets when they are most needed", oh wise one.

He made baskets when the team was behind or tied, or when they needed an emotional lift. That is all that matters to us. Your definition of clutch may vary, but ask any Spurs fans if they give a shit after a win.

loveforthegame
05-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Fans used to rip him when he couldn't get 5 rebounds in 40+ minutes and now he gets more and it becomes any average player can get 7?

And he may be starting but he's still in a bench player role. 8 shots in 40+ minutes while making 5 of them is something the Spurs will take every night.

mabber
05-18-2006, 11:20 AM
FinDog was semi-clutch while he played for the Mavericks. He'd hit big shots in the 4th quarter but he rarely hit game winners or game-tying baskets in the last minute of games.

baseline bum
05-18-2006, 11:32 AM
FinDog was semi-clutch while he played for the Mavericks. He'd hit big shots in the 4th quarter but he rarely hit game winners or game-tying baskets in the last minute of games.

I remember him sticking a game winner at the buzzer right in Sean Elliott's face.

Big Pimp_21
05-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Last night I stayed after the game and saw Bill Schoenig (sp?) interview him. He said "the boos are great (in Dallas)"...."people booed Michael Jordan and Jesus, too."

I thought that was pretty sweet. I still don't understand the Finley hate in Dallas, though. THEY CUT HIM, he didn't demand a trade or leave in FA.

Mr. Body
05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Didn't that dunk come when Dallas had taken a two point lead?

That's a clutch situation, late in the game.

E20
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
You can see his dunk right here:

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wp06_r2g5b_1024.jpg

E20
05-18-2006, 11:49 AM
You know what I loved the most? After the dunk he cocked his shoulders back and said with body language:

GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!

MoSpur
05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Finley has gotten me all fired up the past couple of games I think he and NVE are due for huge games. What better opportunity than to do it in Dallas?

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
You know what I loved the most? After the dunk he cocked his shoulders back and said with body language:

GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!

That's vintage Finley!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO It is the best celebration move in the history of the NBA. It's his signature

austinfan
05-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I have really been impressed with Finley's play in the last two games. He, Manu and Tim have been the ones with the fire in their belly this series.

Shank
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Finley has gotten me all fired up the past couple of games I think he and NVE are due for huge games. What better opportunity than to do it in Dallas?

You're out of your mind if you think Fat Nick is going to do anything worthwhile for the rest of this series. The guy is finished.

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
You're out of your mind if you think Fat Nick is going to do anything worthwhile for the rest of this series. The guy is finished.you just broke your streek of dumb post.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
You're out of your mind if you think Fat Nick is going to do anything worthwhile for the rest of this series. The guy is finished.

Wow. I actually agree with you.

PM5K
05-18-2006, 12:59 PM
I agree, Nick hasn't shown us much of anything this entire season.

In another post I talked about how Michael Finley pretty much won about five games for us this season, I haven't been dissapointed at all in Michael this season, or in this series, the only thing I can say is that he spent so much time adjusting to being a bench player that he's not used to starting, and being as aggressive as a starter should be...

LuvBones
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Did anyone see if Finley got punched on that play where Manu got the jumpball? Finley looked pissed!

SenorSpur
05-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I have really been impressed with Finley's play in the last two games. He, Manu and Tim have been the ones with the fire in their belly this series.

Playing against the team that essentially "fired" you, has a way of mustering up some extra motivation. He'll probably never admit it, but it's obvious he's taking this matchup personally and the Spurs are better for his effort.

I have to admit, I was totally against the Spurs signing Finley over the summer. But, I have to give dude his props. Win or lose, he's come up pretty big so far in this series.

The local sports talk shows here in Dallas are filled with comments about Finley. According to them, they've also been surprised at Finley outburst. They claim this is the type of effort they'd been wanting to see from Finley on a consistent basis the last couple of years.

pache100
05-18-2006, 01:53 PM

GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!

That was awesome!

Phenomanul
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
My Prediction....

Horry Does Dallas.....

Shank
05-18-2006, 01:58 PM
My Prediction....

Horry Does Dallas.....

This Horry?

"Man, I feel like a damn dinosaur. I'm extinct now. Back in the day it was me playing small ball, jetting around people. Now the roles are reversed. They're getting around me. You just have to deal with it the best you can. It happens. It's part of getting old."
-- Spurs forward Robert Horry, 35, quoted in the San Antonio Express-News before playing a playoff-low nine minutes Monday

Yep, he sounds ready to make it happen.

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 02:04 PM
This Horry?

"Man, I feel like a damn dinosaur. I'm extinct now. Back in the day it was me playing small ball, jetting around people. Now the roles are reversed. They're getting around me. You just have to deal with it the best you can. It happens. It's part of getting old."
-- Spurs forward Robert Horry, 35, quoted in the San Antonio Express-News before playing a playoff-low nine minutes Monday

Steve Kerr was a fossil when he iced you guys in '03. :lol

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
This Horry?

CIA Horry :fro

Budkin
05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Are we keeping Finley next year or dumping him in part of our bid to gain youth? How long is he signed for? I am loving him on this team and hope we stick with him!

my2sons
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
thats classic, miopic mavs fan trashing fin....
probably the same clown that will be lobbying cuban to bring him back to retire a mav.... :elephant :madrun :drunk

caŽlo
05-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Steve Kerr was a fossil when he iced you guys in '03. :lol

OWNED :spin

Shank
05-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Steve Kerr does not play for the Spurs in 2006. Robert Horry is not in his coach's plans for this series. How do you figure he'll magically play an important role in Game 6?

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Steve Kerr does not play for the Spurs in 2006. Robert Horry is not in his coach's plans for this series. How do you figure he'll magically play an important role in Game 6?

Horry played 10 minutes last night. You don't think he might get more if he starts dropping the killer 3s on you?

Phenomanul
05-18-2006, 03:45 PM

Role???

All he needs to do to contribute is hit a game winning 3.... which he has a propensity to do... he doesn't need extended minutes to do that.... he just has to be... himself.

Buddy Holly
05-18-2006, 03:54 PM
WTF!!! I thought he was supposed to disappear under pressure!?!?!?

:lol :lol :spin :spin :lol :lol

Silly Mavs fans.