PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 = Game 4 = Game 5

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, we won.

But really now, if Dirk decides to grab the ball and go up strong instead of tip it, the series is over.

But on the other hand, I could change two plays and the series would be over 4-1 for the Spurs.

But on the third hand, I could change two plays and the series is a 4-0 Mavs sweep.

I can't take two more games like this.

Well, actually I guess I can take two more games like game 5. But I can't take two more games like game 3 or 4.

Actually, if there's one more game like game 3 or 4, the series is over.

But game 3 = game 4 = game 5.

I guess what I'm saying is I really don't like the Spurs rolling the dice with small ball.

Unless they win.

My head hurts.

Believe.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 10:56 AM
I hear you.

I guess I can handle the small ball, as long as the small ballers have game.

Psssst. Pop. Just say NO to NVE.

nkdlunch
05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
U sir have lost it.

and I can handle small ball, as long as small ballers have BIG BALLS.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 11:01 AM
U sir have lost it.

and I can handle small ball, as long as small ballers have BIG BALLS.

Cheech. What's up, man?

"Mamamasita, donde esta Santa Cleese...the vato wit da
bony knees...he comin' down da street wit no choos on his feet...and he's
going to...No, no, that ain't it...Mamamasita, donde esta Santa
Claus...da guy wit da hair on his jaws..." :smokin

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Exactly. Yesterday's game was exactly like the last two games, except Mavs didn't get the favored calls as much. However, despite that, Dirk STILL managed to get a key offensive rebound off a Mavs miss that could have won the game yet again. This is despite the fact that the Spurs were playing on their HC in an elimination game.

Like Tim said, "One rebound, one call could change the game either way" With small ball, Pop is gambling on luck to get the Spurs the W in the end, instead of execution.

blaze89
05-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much it - the little things, it's always about the little things. The right execution, a little bit of luck.

We're not being outplayed, I'm seeing alot of heart and hustle and the series is everything advertised to be.

Games like this makes me wanna drink.

blaze89
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Exactly. Yesterday's game was exactly like the last two games, except Mavs didn't get the favored calls as much. However, despite that, Dirk STILL managed to get a key offensive rebound off a Mavs miss that could have won the game yet again. This is despite the fact that the Spurs were playing on their HC in an elimination game.

The same can be said for game 3 and 4 - Stackhouse's mistake, two inbound passes, it's been no different for game 5.

1Parker1
05-18-2006, 11:06 AM
The same can be said for game 3 and 4 - Stackhouse's mistake, two inbound passes, it's been no different for game 5.

Yesterday's game was exactly like the last two games

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
I think, in a sense, each team is lucky to still be alive. In the same sense, each team can feel like it has had a chance to end the series early. And, in the same sense, each team can feel like it has given two games away.

My heart stopped on the put-back. Dirk won't miss that one next time -- if there is a next time.

This series is wonderful.

blaze89
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
:lol

trying to posting and working at the same time can cause some confusion.

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 11:15 AM
No, pop is not depending on luck. He is depending on execution. When the Spurs execute small ball, they get that 10pt lead they had at one point. When they don't execute, then don't react well to the zone defense AJ threw out for like 4 or 5 possessions in a row, then they lose that lead. It's all about execution, and with Tony being so banged up towards the end, execution becomes tougher, because both our back PGs are nearly worthless.

Also, in crunch time, the small ball crew last night got some stops they hadn't gotten before. Even NVE had some clutch D. It bodes well for a game 6 that is going to be as rabid an atmosphere as the Spurs have likely ever played in.

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't buy that it's completely about execution. For one thing the Mavs small guys are deeper and better than our small ball guys because Dirk is the ultimate small ball player. Yeah, we got some stops last night, but there's been nothing in the past three games to indicate that we can reliably count on the defense.

BTW, AJ going to the zone when the Spurs got the 10 point lead was the single best tactical move of the playoffs this year.

Islymore
05-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't buy that it's completely about execution. For one thing the Mavs small guys are deeper and better than our small ball guys because Dirk is the ultimate small ball player. Yeah, we got some stops last night, but there's been nothing in the past three games to indicate that we can reliably count on the defense.

BTW, AJ going to the zone when the Spurs got the 10 point lead was the single best tactical move of the playoffs this year.

definitely. the small ball spurs crew became a lil confused for a while... it was nice to see Fin get in a sexy dunk tho... I did that high pitched "oooo-weee" scream ppl do when they see a nice dunk. I was glad the dude still had ups. Over Dirk and Damp!!!! :spin

Budkin
05-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I still don't get the small ball reasoning. Is it because Pop is afraid of Duncan having to guard Dirk and fouling out?

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I still don't get the small ball reasoning. Is it because Pop is afraid of Duncan having to guard Dirk and fouling out?

That is part of it, yes.

polandprzem
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
:lol Shoogman you are the postmaster

and

Yup - the zone. A tough to overcome defense like this in the middle of a game (that's what pop did in the last year's Finals).
Their smallball is better, that's correct. They are deeper and more athletic and that gives a way better transition play. Plus they've got shooters and slashers and unfortnately one each of these guys can go off. Spurs are in truble cause it's time for the Mavs to stepped up.

And yes I can feel it like every fan who cares. last night I almost had a heart attack and that was only watching the chat and listening to the radio. I would be dead if I had a brodcast from that game.
:drunk

Islymore
05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I dont know about that one. I think Dirk and Duncan are both excellent players... I'm sure they would both have their fair share of foul calls. Dirk is not a defender. Def couldnt defend Duncan going to the basket with a turnaround hook shot. And Duncan def couldnt defend Dirk with his fadeaway jumpers. All in all... I think it's more so about the looks that Tim gets when he controls the ball. He sees the floor very well. And Pop would like Duncan to be able to take what he can whenever he can like he does against the Mavs centers. Duncan's been excellent this series. Dirk's been subpar at best. Still waiting on Dirk to explode like we all know he can.

I dont like the smallball setting for San Antone either - but kudos to Pop's for having the guts to play it against the Mavs. Great choice...

SA210
05-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Start Rasho!