PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't impressed with the SA crowd.

tlongII
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't feel a lot of energy from the crowd when watching the game on TV last night. I think it was definitely louder in other arenas during these playoffs. Do you disagree?

travis2
05-18-2006, 11:16 AM
This has been covered before.

Microphone placement in the AT&T Center is vastly different from many other arenas. They don't pick up the crowd noise well.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I was there. It was loud. There were some nervous lulls in the crowd's energy, but when it mattered, the crowd was loud.

Big Pimp_21
05-18-2006, 11:28 AM
It was the loudest I had heard it in quite a while, actually. The inflatable noise-makers they gave everyone was a good touch, too!

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 11:47 AM
well most of them were nervous im sure.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 11:49 AM
well most of them were nervous im sure.

I was nervous, mostly because Nick Van Exel played so much. I was relieved when I saw Van Horn come into the game.

SA210
05-18-2006, 11:50 AM
I watched the game and have it on tape. The crowd was loud only at certain points. Other times, people were just quiet and sitting there. This is ridiculous considering it was an elimination game.

If you want to doubt that, rewatch the game.
I think they sucked and only got loud in certain moments.

veronicamae
05-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I was at the game, and it seemed that a majority of the people were standing for the second half of the game. The energy was very weird for the first quarter or so - everything felt muffled. It lit up in the 4th quarter though. I felt a little deafened once I got home.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't think it was as loud as during the Sac series. But it was still pretty loud.

SA210
05-18-2006, 12:00 PM
it's an elimination game, we should be able to be like Sac, Dallas and the best of them. From the start. Our team needs us for the full 48 minutes.

It's elimination.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 12:45 PM
It was pretty damn loud and I still have no voice today. I had to sit at times because I ws exhausted. It was a good thing I had an aisle seat.

shelshor
05-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't be fooled by the TV on how much "noise" Mavs fans in Dallas make; we could sit there and carry on a normal conversation for most of the game--all that impressive noise is an over amped PA system

sa_butta
05-18-2006, 12:52 PM
It was pretty damn loud and I still have no voice today. .Im with you on that, I broke my cheer stix by the end of the first quarter too.

tetasfromtejas
05-18-2006, 12:59 PM
it's an elimination game, we should be able to be like Sac, Dallas and the best of them. From the start. Our team needs us for the full 48 minutes.

It's elimination.

I agree with you! this has been my gripe all year watching the season. Fans leaving early bullshit like that, its stupid. I was deeply offended when so many fans left during game 2. Sure its blowout but regardless these are the DEFENDING Champions and we are blessed to have them as our team. You stick with them till the end. NO excuses. I don't have the luxury of going to a game whenever I can. :depressed

Unless, the kings get moved to VEGAS!!! then I get to see the Spurs on a regular basis!!

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
How many Mav fans were in the ATT?

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 01:07 PM
There were a decent amount of but it wasn't nearly overwhelming. The At&t rocked last night.

sa_butta
05-18-2006, 01:10 PM
How many Mav fans were in the ATT?There were quite a few trashy looking fans, but I think we drowned them out well.
We saw one group with plain white t-shirts written on in marker. Scrubs cant even get any real gear.

ponky
05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't feel a lot of energy from the crowd when watching the game on TV last night. I think it was definitely louder in other arenas during these playoffs. Do you disagree?

As a Mavericks fan at the game, I TOTALLY disagree. The Spurs crowd was crazy loud and cheered the entire game. The only thing is, they should vary the chants up a bit, but other than that, they were a great hometeam crowd. I wish our crowd was that loud. The top tier is fine but we have a lower tier cellphone crowd.

JamStone
05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Being impressed by a team that actually plays in the game is more important than being impressed by how loud a crowds is.

SpursWoman
05-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Being impressed by a team that actually plays in the game is more important than being impressed by how loud a crowds is.

He's a Blazer fan ... maybe watching his home team crowd instead of the actual game is more entertaining... :lol

twincam
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Turn on your home theater system and you'll be right there with the crowd...
They muffle the background so that the analysts can be heard.

EVAY
05-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I am totally hoarse today after being at the game last night. I thought it was loud at times, but other times the fans got so nervous they were quiet. Also, I've always noticed this...we are lucky enough to have terrific season seats in the charter area. Before we moved to the new arena, we always had lots of lots of cheering and noise in the Alamodome, but after we moved, the crowds in the arena ( down near the court) are a lot of corporate types and they are not real fans, to me...they get mad at me and at friends of mine who come and yell loudly. I mean it, they really get on people...for standing up, for yelling...it's not nearly so much fun as it was in the alamodome, but we can see a lot better. I think the relative lack of noise is because so many of the lower seats are filled with quiet people who think they are watching a tennis match or something. I feel sorry for the coyote crew because they get out there and do all this stuff and the crowd doesn't respond.

One thing, I think that all the timeout entertainment serves to quieten the crowd. They would be screaming like mad, A very would call a timeout to get his team put back together, then they would have beachball catching or some other little contest and it immediately stifles the crowd because no one really cares. Maybe during the playoffs they could just keep the crowd roaring during the timesout and then maybe it would last longer.

Spurminator
05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I wish our crowd was that loud. The top tier is fine but we have a lower tier cellphone crowd.

Well that, and they're so distracted with all of the circus elephants and other hoopla going on during the game. ;)

rascal
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM
People are more complacent because the spurs have already won championships. When its your first trip to the finals or even in the playoffs its a bigger deal then if you've been there before.

angel_luv
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I didn't like how many Mav fans I could here or the fact that people here still cheered Avery. :wtf

But overall I give our crowd a :tu

pache100
05-18-2006, 01:47 PM

Meh...they weren't impressed with you, either. :rolleyes

I was relieved when I saw Van Horn come into the game.

:tu :lol

katyon6th
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
For the most part I thought the crowd was awesome. There were times when it felt like I was the only one yelling "GO SPURS GO DAMNIT" but then sa butta (we were sitting by eachother) would chime right in and all was awesome again.

Overall, there was good energy last night.

tlongII
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM

I have been very impressed by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

gameFACE
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
The whole crowd loudness issue is silly. It was loud in there last night. Not as loud as other times but still loud.

I laugh when it's brought up that Arco Arena is a tough place to play because of the crowd. That hasn't brought them shit.

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I had to sit at times because I ws exhausted

"your a horrible fan and should've given up your seats!!!!"- Sa210

T Park
05-18-2006, 02:18 PM
If you think you can stand and scream your lungs out and go nuts for 48 minutes, come to the game and prove it SA210

till then, shut the piehole.

SA210
05-18-2006, 02:35 PM
If you think you can stand and scream your lungs out and go nuts for 48 minutes, come to the game and prove it SA210

till then, shut the piehole.
You don't know me partner, and how I am at games.
I like how you feel you can talk to people anyway you want but have a problem when people criticize You.

Grow up.