PDA

View Full Version : PJ Tucker signs with agent

IcemanCometh
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Oh well best of luck (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/news/story?id=2449610)

Should help the Horns land Damion Jones tho. Poor Aggy

Ballcox
05-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Damn Iceman, our roster for next season is beginning to look very green and very young. I really thought PJ would stick around for one more season, now both he and LaMarcus are gone! Hopefully D. Gibson sticks around, I don't think he's anywhere near ready for the NBA. Damion Jones would also be a very nice (and now needed) addition to the team. We'll be young, but we'll also be very talented. :smokin

leemajors
05-18-2006, 03:47 PM
i hope he doesn't think he is going in the first round...

JMarkJohns
05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I believe I had this one...

Point for me!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2006, 05:41 PM
rofl
see you in hell fucker
what a fucking idiot

mookie2001
05-18-2006, 05:59 PM
but damion jones enrolled at a&m in the fall of 2004

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2006, 06:05 PM
so what is the real status on this guy

mookie2001
05-18-2006, 07:00 PM
who knows

Horry For 3!
05-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I guess it is good to leave as Big 12 player of the year

Horry For 3!
05-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Tucker, who was named the Big 12 player of the year, led the Longhorns (30-7) to the Elite Eight and a share of the Big 12 regular-season title with Kansas. The 6-foot-5 Tucker led the Longhorns in scoring at 16.1 points and 9.5 boards a game.

Tucker said he has worked out at Cleveland and will have more workouts scheduled in the coming weeks. He said he has been told he is projected as a late first-round pick with the chance to move up or even down if he doesn't perform well.

"Obviously I haven't taken too many long-range shots in college so I've got to do that to show them I can be a consistent shooter,'' said Tucker, who was versatile with Texas but did most of his scoring in the lane.
Interesting

JMarkJohns
05-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Interesting

GD it! I said that a month ago! You want I should drudge it up?

I want props!

Better make it soon, else I'll demand mad props!!!

:madrun

JMarkJohns
05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
You want I should drudge it up?

Here's the goods...

... I understand that Tucker is a low post player. At this level, anyways. However, being that he's 6-5 and, my guess, around 220 pounds, he'll likely be a Corliss Williamson type of SF at the NBA level.

I understand that right now, he's not yet a capable wing-forward, but in my opinion, because of this year's play, the depth issues of this year's draft and the position issues of next year's Longhorns, he's gone.

He's a bubble first right now. Next year's draft is deeper and with not being able to work on the NBA skills at the college level next season, I don't see how coming back helps him at all.

I think (Tucker) stays in. This draft is going to be very kind to borderlines like him. Next year's draft won't be nearly as forgiving and no matter what kind of season he has, he could really slip, being he still won't be played at SF at Texas, the position most want to ween him into for the NBA.

C'mon man! :)

JMarkJohns
05-18-2006, 11:08 PM
whats the props for, you said a jr would go to the nba?

None of the Texas fans thought he would. Some argued there was no way.

I knew it... PROPS! GIMME GIMME GIMME...

I'm just joking. I could really care less, but it was a hot debate in four or five threads around a month ago, so I just thought I'd drudge it up.

I did go out on a limb. Conventional wisdom said he's not ready and he isn't, but I figured his potential would be enough, despite his lack of perimeter skills and height.

Horry For 3!
05-18-2006, 11:13 PM
GD it! I said that a month ago! You want I should drudge it up?

I want props!

Better make it soon, else I'll demand mad props!!!

:madrun
I don't give a shit if you called it or not :lol

JMarkJohns
05-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't give a shit if you called it or not :lol

C'mon man?! :fro

Horry For 3!
05-18-2006, 11:17 PM
All I know, PJ better work on his outside game, I do not know if it exists or not because he never shot outside, he always drove or played on the box

JMarkJohns
05-18-2006, 11:19 PM
All I know, PJ better work on his outside game, I do not know if it exists or not because he never shot outside, he always drove or played on the box

Agreed. I saw him six times last season and do not remember a jumper.

leemajors
05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
props. dude really could have used another year to improve that j, but oh well. maybe he'll put in mad work this summer.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
in a recent interview he was quoted saying "I can hit the three"
hahahaa