PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft revisited...Ryan Leaf...

Duff McCartney
05-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Just recently saw a piece on Real Sports on Ryan Leaf and his current whereabouts. He is a QB coach in a college school in West Texas.

Anyway I still remember all the hype that surrounded this guy. One pick...that's all it took for two franchises to go seperate ways...although San Diego has since recovered. But man..I didn't see this coming.

He went off about how he doesn't like that his name is forever gonna be synonomous with failure. It was pretty funny. They interviewed the former GM and a sports writer in San Diego and they say that Ryan Leaf had a horrible attitude and wouldn't practice, yet Ryan Leaf says that's not true.

Hilarious. I don't really feel for the guy but just revisiting that draft. Hell looking back the only person I would take under Peyton Manning is Randy Moss...who was taken 21st. All the rest are nowhere near that level..looking back there was only two stars...Randy Moss and Peyton Manning. No one else comes close.

fyatuk
05-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Heh... Didn't Leaf get famous for treating his friends to parties in ritzy hotels and pulling a rock star on the room?

Although he did start looking like he might be putting it together before he blew out his wrist. That pretty much killed him.

RealEstateDude
05-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Matt Leinhart....

sa_butta
05-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Just recently saw a piece on Real Sports on Ryan Leaf and his current whereabouts. He is a QB coach in a college school in West Texas.

Anyway I still remember all the hype that surrounded this guy. One pick...that's all it took for two franchises to go seperate ways...although San Diego has since recovered. But man..I didn't see this coming.

He went off about how he doesn't like that his name is forever gonna be synonomous with failure. It was pretty funny. They interviewed the former GM and a sports writer in San Diego and they say that Ryan Leaf had a horrible attitude and wouldn't practice, yet Ryan Leaf says that's not true.

Hilarious. I don't really feel for the guy but just revisiting that draft. Hell looking back the only person I would take under Peyton Manning is Randy Moss...who was taken 21st. All the rest are nowhere near that level..looking back there was only two stars...Randy Moss and Peyton Manning. No one else comes close.That was an interesting show, I knew he sucked on the field in the NFL, but I really didnt know he sucked off the field as well. What a jackass.

exstatic
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
That was an interesting show, I knew he sucked on the field in the NFL, but I really didnt know he sucked off the field as well. What a jackass.
I think on the field problems could have been dealt with if he weren't such a JACKASS with the press. He threw these absolute fucking TANTRUMS in the locker room. I'd say that only probably 40% of his problems were on the field when he was in SD. The rest were a major hornet's nest of immaturity issues.

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Although he did start looking like he might be putting it together before he blew out his wrist

agreed, had that wrist not taken a total shit, he wouldve been a great QB for the Cowboys, and would still be leading them right now.

His attitude had turned around and he was busting ass.

Karma is a bitch.

scott
05-31-2006, 10:48 PM
agreed, had that wrist not taken a total shit, he wouldve been a great QB for the Cowboys, and would still be leading them right now.

I seem to have missed that 15 minutes in Valley Ranch...

IcemanCometh
06-01-2006, 02:48 AM
tpark the moron

SA Gunslinger
06-05-2006, 10:03 PM
His meltdown in Kansas City was classic. Who can ever forget?

"Don't talk to me alright! Knock it off!"

How about the time he got injured playing flag football in the park?