PDA

View Full Version : Truth about Googs

sickdsm
10-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Detour to Boston

So what really happened with the signing of Tom Gugliotta? One of the stories making it around the loop is that Googs was headed to Minnesota until McHale made the mistake of telling good friend Danny Ainge how good Googs looked. In swooped Ainge, who had known Gugliotta in Phoenix, and he signed him to a one-year deal for $2.7 million, well above the veteran's minimum that the Timberwolves were offering. "Why did he go to Boston? It's called M-O-N-E-Y," McHale said. "I said to Danny, `Who are you bidding against? You offer him $1 million [the veteran minimum], the league pays half.' " Ainge shot down the notion that he swiped Gugliotta from McHale. "That's not what happened," he said. "I knew Kevin was going after him and we talked about him. He asked me if I thought he had anything left. But we were always going to offer more money, that was just the way it was. Kevin did want him. But I didn't swoop in and steal him."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2004/10/10/timberwolves_poised_to_take_the_next_step?pg=3

timvp
10-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Ainge is such a dumbass. Wow, he stole Googs :sleep

manustarting2gd
10-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Googs schmoogs.. scrub , dud , bust