PDA

View Full Version : Should We Let Nazr go?

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-18-2006, 05:41 PM
He's not playing much in the series, but then if the Suns advance he'll be averaging 40 mpg(remember the 30 point game?). But then we do have Ian Mahinmi, Luis Scola(he got the buyout down to $3 million), and Robertas Javtokas, and Lorenzen Wright has been in trade rumors of the Spurs since he will be a free agent too. What do y'all think?

beachbarbie948
05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
naw i think we should keep him

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 05:46 PM
There are teams willing to pay him way too much money. Let him go.

gameFACE
05-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Talk to me in the post season.

Tom_Foolery
05-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Sign & Trade him for Magloire?

As much as I like our big 3, I would also entertain the idea of trading one of the big 3 in a package(except Duncan because he stays) for Jermaine O'Neal.

I think we seriously need a Center badly. This "Center by committee" is hurting us.

With Duncan and Jermaine O'Neal inside, man that would be even better than the Duncan/Robinson duo we had the last championship.

It would be a hard sell, but I seriously would sacrifice for Jermaine O'Neal (except Duncan).

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Sign & Trade him for Magloire?

Magloire sucked this year.

T Park
05-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Id package him with Brent Barry and Beno Udrih, to Chicago for Luol Deng and Mike Sweetney.

td4mvp21
05-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Id package him with Brent Barry and Beno Udrih, to Chicago for Luol Deng and Mike Sweetney.

Chicago isn't that stupid. But I wouldn't mind seeing it. :smokin

cherylsteele
05-18-2006, 07:44 PM
How can you package Nazr when he won't even be under contract.

I would not mind seeing Malik back in a Spurs uniform.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 07:45 PM
You mean his not gone?

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 07:48 PM
"depends on how you define a punch"

"particularly when a guy gets hip checked in the head and he reacts"

So, in a circumstance where you get "hip checked" you can't throw a punch now.

:lmao

:lmao You just gonna post Cuban quotes randomly like Trainwreck's owls?

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Too late. :smokin

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 07:54 PM
:lmao, I put it in the wrong thread. What is it with people harping my mistakes today? Damn!

ShoogarBear
05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
:lmao, I put it in the wrong thread. What is it with people harping my mistakes today? Damn!

Somebody's gotta do it with Jekka out of town.

T Park
05-18-2006, 08:00 PM
How can you package Nazr when he won't even be under contract.

I would not mind seeing Malik back in a Spurs uniform

Good lord, MOVE ON!!!

Second,

never heard of a sign and trade?

clubalien
05-18-2006, 08:09 PM
once we fire pop maybe we can sign and trade nazr for malik rose

exstatic
05-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Magloire sucked this year.
Buy low, sell high. Cardinal rule of business. That is why you scoop up someone like Magliore, a former AS, and move someone like Barry, who will probably never have more value than he does now.

BgT
05-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Buy low, sell high. Cardinal rule of business. That is why you scoop up someone like Magliore, a former AS, and move someone like Barry, who will probably never have more value than he does now.
Excellent use of colors complements the expressive power of the text.

BTW, I agree, of course.

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Good lord, MOVE ON!!!

Second,

never heard of a sign and trade?

I don't know whether Chicago would have any interest in that particular deal, but a sign and trade is a definite possibility.

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 09:02 PM

I kinda got the impression Magloire was D-U-N done, but I didn't really follow him closely enough to know. Are there signs he's still got something left in the tank?

Tom_Foolery
05-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I kinda got the impression Magloire was D-U-N done, but I didn't really follow him closely enough to know. Are there signs he's still got something left in the tank?

Well, he's a couple years younger than Duncan and turns 28 this season.

I don't know, maybe he should retire?

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Well, he's a couple years younger than Duncan and turns 28 this season.

I don't know, maybe he should retire?

I guess I thought he was one of those guys that always get injured -- but his career stats don't bear that out at all. My bad.

exstatic
05-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I think Magliore would have done well in Milwaukee...if they didn't draft a younger center. On the other hand, he could turn out to be just another loser C from Kentucky. We've got one of those, already. :lol

alamo50
05-19-2006, 04:24 AM
What's the use of centers when you don't wanna play them?
I expect Nazr and Rasho both to be gone next season.

ata
05-19-2006, 05:52 AM

FYI: Zeke is Knicks, not Bulls GM.

It would be great deal for Spurs.

spursmike.
05-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Let him go! Sign and trade is a good option

rascal
05-19-2006, 06:26 AM
A good target would be Dalembert. He is young and still has potential. He did not have a good year and saw limited playing time at times so he is a buy low type of player.

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2006, 06:48 AM
A good target would be Dalembert. He is young and still has potential. He did not have a good year and saw limited playing time at times so he is a buy low type of player.

Good idea. :rolleyes

Bruno
05-19-2006, 06:55 AM

Yep Tyson Chandler too. Their trade value is quite low for both because they have signed big contracts last summer and have played poorly since.

ploto
05-19-2006, 07:02 AM
No one with a 6 year- $60 million contract can be considered to be being "bought low."

Bruno
05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
No one with a 6 year- $60 million contract can be considered to be being "bought low."

To me "bought low" can refer to either a player sign for cheap (like SJax) or a trade for a player while his trade value is low : Dalembert trade value is low mainly because he has signed a big contract.

Doc Jerome
05-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Big contracts preclude the Spurs from signing "slug type" and "proven underachievers" at the C spot.

Why keep looking at other pastures, when your's can be even greener if you just look within yourselves, or in the Spurs case, their organization. Start initiating Ian Mahinmi's NBA career, he has the tools.

Stay tuned, . . . :fro

ploto
05-19-2006, 10:07 AM
To me "bought low" can refer to either a player sign for cheap (like SJax) or a trade for a player while his trade value is low : Dalembert trade value is low mainly because he has signed a big contract.
So the solution is to trade for a guy with 5 years left on an overblown contract who sucked this season??

Bruno
05-19-2006, 10:30 AM
So the solution is to trade for a guy with 5 years left on an overblown contract who sucked this season??

Yep because it's one of the few way to get good players when you don't have a lot of trade assets. I'm quite sure that it's just a bad season for Dalembert and Chandler and that they can play way better (at least, they have the upside to do it).

venitian navigator
05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
so could rasho and mohammed...however I also think it's time for a change!
What about a two/three for one ? rasho/udrih/signed mohammed for chandler/duhon or rasho/udrih/signed Mohammed for dalembert/salmons ?

venitian navigator
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
(correctio : a two/three for two)

kalikot_boy_kr
05-19-2006, 10:39 AM
shut up!!!! ur disturbing the playoffs!!!

venitian navigator
05-19-2006, 10:55 AM
hey, don't be so hard to me...after all, they're all grown up and professional !
Chandler and Dalembert are both good targets at center and we need a reliable back-up point guard (and a long three...by long time)! This things can't be addressed just signing the players we have rights of...for the long three we have only (in case) Sinikidze and is difficult to see him as the solution, Scola is a power forward, Javtokas a center and both with no nba experience, Mahinmi is a PF/C and way too young...