PDA

View Full Version : Why Duncan is so GOOD?

CPIM
05-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Duncan can draw any fouls when he wants it. He is God and he is so good. I believe he is better than Jordan. Agree? :fro

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 09:47 PM
what the hell?!

lock the thread just because he put duncan and jordan in the same sentence

v2freak
05-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, he is quite good isn't he?

CPIM
05-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I believe Duncan is better than TMac. However, TMac has gut to defend Dirk. No so sure about Duncan.

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Duncan can draw any fouls when he wants it. He is God and he is so good. I believe he is better than Jordan. Agree? :fro

wow lmao you've got to be kidding me. Jordan was 10 times the player duncan will ever be. Duncan won't even be one of the 50 greatest players of all time.

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Duncan and Jordan can be mentioned in the same sentence. They're two players that can immediately make a team a title contender. Two of the best ever.

baseline bum
05-18-2006, 09:52 PM
what the hell?!

lock the thread just because he put duncan and jordan in the same sentence

Yeah... Jordan was never All-NBA First team his first 8 seasons. :lol

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 09:52 PM
wow lmao you've got to be kidding me. Jordan was 10 times the player duncan will ever be. Duncan won't even be one of the 50 greatest players of all time.

The player regarded as the greatest power forward in history won't be a 50 greatest? The only player to be All-NBA and All-Defensive in his first 9 seasons? A back to back MVP and 3 time Finals MVP is not going to be in the top 50?

Yeah right.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Duncan and Jordan can be mentioned in the same sentence. They're two players that can immediately make a team a title contender. Two of the best ever.

yeah i remember those days when jordan put up 11 and 8 rebounds and be inconsistent in the season ...he always did that

kalikot_boy_kr
05-18-2006, 09:54 PM
duncan is good, he is also great when he is mad, so the spurs will win game 7, so be afraid....jason teriaky is suck ...

jman3000
05-18-2006, 09:55 PM
smells like a mav troll trying to get stupid reactions from stupid spurs fans who would be dumb enough to compare the two. (apples and oranges... not one apple being better than the other)

Spurs rock
Duncan is better than any player the Mavs will ever have, I wouldn't put him ahead of Jordan though.

CPIM
I think Duncan is better than Jordan.

Duncan threw referee to floor one time. Jordan 0.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 09:57 PM
duncan is good, he is also great when he is mad, so the spurs will win game 7, so be afraid....jason teriaky is suck ...

were you the spurs fan from japan

kalikot_boy_kr
05-18-2006, 09:57 PM
jordan is jordan..duncan is duncan

gospurs21209
05-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey Mav Fans..... Who Will Go Down As The Better Player..... Duncan Or Dirk?????

I Say Duncan By Like 50 Times

yeahone
05-18-2006, 10:00 PM
well tim got the titles what does dirk have

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey Mav Fans..... Who Will Go Down As The Better Player..... Duncan Or Dirk?????

I Say Duncan By Like 50 Times

hey Spur Fan...look up^^...did we say dirk was better than timmy in this thread?...no...

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:02 PM
well tim got the titles what does dirk have

i knew some faggot would come out and say that...thats the ONLY reason you have...after we beat yall this series/(friday) THEN talk to me

gospurs21209
05-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Dirk Has Nothing..... Duncan Is 100 Times The Player Dirk Will Ever Be..... And Whatever Dumbass Mav Fan Said Duncan Wont Go Down As One Of The 50 Greatest Players Is An Idiot

Duncan Will Go Down As The Best Power Forward Ever

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 10:03 PM
yeah i remember those days when jordan put up 11 and 8 rebounds and be inconsistent in the season ...he always did that

Remember when Duncan owned the Mavs by averaging more than 30 and 10 a game? Wow, he must really suck.

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
No wonder you are Mavs fan. TD is top 50 player EASILY.

For the original poster - there are no Atlanta Hawks fans. So you must be a Mavs fan.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Remember when Duncan owned the Mavs by averaging more than 30 and 10 a game? Wow, he must really suck.

good thing i never said he sucked...AND rmr when mavs were owning spurs in the playoffs 3-2??...EVEN if duncan averages that much how come its still 1-2 point games?...

Melmart1
Making fun of people from other countries who don't speak perfect English is weak as hell. Let's try to be respectful, shall we?

Spurs rock
i knew some faggot would come out and say that...thats the ONLY reason you have...after we beat yall this series/(friday) THEN talk to me

That still won't get Dirk a Championship. :spin

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
That still won't get Dirk a Championship. :spin

haha iighh remember you said that...

clubalien
05-18-2006, 10:09 PM
The player regarded as the greatest power forward in history won't be a 50 greatest? The only player to be All-NBA and All-Defensive in his first 9 seasons? A back to back MVP and 3 time Finals MVP is not going to be in the top 50?

Yeah right.
I thought that title belonged to malone.. don't get me wrong I think tim is better but i thought malone was refered as the best pf

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
i knew some faggot would come out and say that...thats the ONLY reason you have...

Yeah, since when do league MVPs mean a player is any good? :rolleyes

How many of those does Dirk have again?

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:13 PM
haha iighh remember you said that...
No, you won't. Just like 99.99% of other Mavs fans, you will disappear after you suck balls again. You will be here next season with other nickname and talk the same BS as now. :lol
Mavs fans who are not ashamed of looking stupid again and again and again are very rare...

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:17 PM
No, you won't. Just like 99.99% of other Mavs fans, you will disappear after you suck balls again. You will be here next season with other nickname and talk the same BS as now. :lol
Mavs fans who are not ashamed of looking stupid again and again and again are very rare...

if thats what you think then "remember the name" :fro

E20
05-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Tim Duncan is probably the best basketball player in the world right now.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:21 PM

:lmao

jman3000
05-18-2006, 10:23 PM

Why is that laughable? Is Mr. 13-30 LeBron better right now?

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 10:24 PM

He has the highest PER in the playoffs this season. That certainly means it isn't out of the question.

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:25 PM
He probably is.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
i dont wanna say it but KOBE is even better than him...if you talking about number 1 power forward of all time it prolly is him...if your talking about this year look at all nba first team...

SilverPlayer
05-18-2006, 10:29 PM
We're talkin about the real season ndnjumpman. Your talkin about practice.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-18-2006, 10:31 PM
He's going to carry this team froma 2nd round 3-1 deficit to a 4th NBA title, I'll say he's on Jordan's level

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:32 PM
We're talkin about the real season ndnjumpman. Your talkin about practice.

lol what?? THIS season?? where he was very inconsistent..but i gotta give credit to the team, that they got the job done...but i would disagree he is not the best basketball player in the world

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 10:34 PM
i dont wanna say it but KOBE is even better than him...if you talking about number 1 power forward of all time it prolly is him...if your talking about this year look at all nba first team...

It's no accident that Kobe's showing up as a TV commentator now, between fishing trips. Duncan was injured in the regular season, but the regular season's over and he's a whole different player now -- or haven't you noticed?

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 10:34 PM
lol what?? THIS season?? where he was very inconsistent..but i gotta give credit to the team, that they got the job done...but i would disagree he is not the best basketball player in the world

No surprise -- Mavs fans think it's all about the regular season. :lol :lol :lol

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:35 PM
It's no accident that Kobe's showing up as a TV commentator now, between fishing trips.
:lmao Post of the day! :lmao

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:36 PM
It's no accident that Kobe's showing up as a TV commentator now, between fishing trips. Duncan was injured in the regular season, but the regular season's over and he's a whole different player now -- or haven't you noticed?

we werent talking about who can take who to the playoffs and win...we talking about whos the best basketball player in the "world"... --or haven't you noticed?

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:39 PM
we werent talking about who can take who to the playoffs and win...we talking about whos the best basketball player in the "world"... --or haven't you noticed?
Well, yes, right now TD is the best player in the league. He has only ONE competitor, LeBron James, and I think it's a close win for Tim.
Kobe sucked some hairy balls in POs so he is not even nominated to be the best at the moment.

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM

He averaged 18 and 11 with plantar fasciitis, still made All-NBA 2nd Team, All-Defensive team, starting PF in the Western ASG, and appeared in 80 games. Pretty damn Jordan-like if you ask me.

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM

We're talking about who is the best basketball player in the world right now. And now it's the playoffs, and the regular season is over. Or hadn't you noticed?

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
so lemme ask you this...if yall lose this series...whos the best player in the league then? big timmy?

mgtptdmvp
05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
jumpman you are FAKE, seriously "prolly"... all nba first team pitty for you know who.

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
so lemme ask you this...if yall lose this series...whos the best player in the league then? big timmy?
Ok, that's a good question. If Cavs continue to :elephant it should probably be James. If not, Tim will just stay as the best untill the next season begins. He' s just that good. :fro

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
jumpman you are FAKE, seriously "prolly"... all nba first team pitty for you know who.

how does that make me "FAKE" again, seriously...dirk deserved it this year ranked 5th in the nba race...

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM

Tim. He has put this team on his back in every game this series and owned all of Dallas' centers. But it is a team effort. Jordan didn't start winning until he had a TEAM.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Ok, that's a good question. If Cavs continue to :elephant it should probably be James. If not, Tim will just stay as the best untill the next season begins. He' s just that good. :fro

:lol hahaha ,alright then

mgtptdmvp
05-18-2006, 10:48 PM

how does that make me "FAKE" again, seriously...dirk deserved it this year ranked 5th in the nba race...

how did dirk come up??

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Tim. He has put this team on his back in every game this series and owned all of Dallas' centers. But it is a team effort. Jordan didn't start winning until he had a TEAM.

so you think dallas doesnt have a TEAM effort?

BgT
05-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Dirk is a great player. But we are talking about the best players right now. Mavs were playing whole season like it would be PO's. Spurs were taking it easy and still managed 63 wins.

TD is known to have more gears and because of his injury, he needed to take it easy. His top gear is just too high for everyone in the league.

ndnjumpman
05-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Dirk is a great player. But we are talking about the best players right now. Mavs were playing whole season like it would be PO's. Spurs were taking it easy and still managed 63 wins.

TD is known to have more gears and because of his injury, he needed to take it easy. His top gear is just too high for everyone in the league.

i wouldnt say they were taking it easy...mavs play their hearts out even if its a reg. game or a playoff game...if theres something AJ taught them i guess it would be that...

and some D

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 10:53 PM
so you think dallas doesnt have a TEAM effort?

Um, I never said that. You asked me if the Spurs lost the series would Tim be the best player. Yes, he would. Individually, he is. But it doesn't matter his individual stats, because the TEAM needs to win.

E20
05-18-2006, 10:54 PM
The reason Duncan is so good is because he plays in the NBA, the top 1% of all people who play basketball in the world.

BgT
05-18-2006, 11:00 PM
The reason Duncan is so good is because he plays in the NBA, the top 1% of all people who play basketball in the world.
? Well, Jerome James also plays in NBA, but he is not that good. Actually he is a douchebag. :lol

E20
05-18-2006, 11:05 PM
? Well, Jerome James also plays in NBA, but he is not that good. Actually he is a douchebag. :lol
Well, the statistical way is like this:

Top 1% of Highschool players make it to Division I College
Top 1% of Division I College players make it to the Pros.
Top 1 of the Pros are labeled as HOF's and 'Great'

Parkersgirl9
05-18-2006, 11:06 PM
You know Spurs fan you don't even have to defend tim Duncan on this board. His accomplishments speak for themselves. He is just too great, for anyone the mavs have on thier team.

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Dirk Has Nothing..... Duncan Is 100 Times The Player Dirk Will Ever Be..... And Whatever Dumbass Mav Fan Said Duncan Wont Go Down As One Of The 50 Greatest Players Is An Idiot

Duncan Will Go Down As The Best Power Forward Ever

how is duncan so good he does the same thing every time jump hook........jump hook........jump hook......hes so boring and he never did it by himself he had robinson and now parker, ginobili, and a deep bench. You can't even compare him to jordan and as far as power forwards go karl malone, charles barkley, shawn kemp, and kevin garnett are better.

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 11:09 PM

Plays might be too strong a word. Granted, he is on the roster.

BgT
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
how is duncan so good he does the same thing every time jump hook........jump hook........jump hook......hes so boring and he never did it by himself he had robinson and now parker, ginobili, and a deep bench. You can't even compare him to jordan and as far as power forwards go karl malone, charles barkley, shawn kemp, and kevin garnett are better.
If he always does the same thing and Mavs still can't defend it...

V-Murder
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I know that this is a spurs forum, and I know that you don't make up the majority of the spurs fans out there, but trying to make any kind of comment that goes against the spurs is like spitting at rain with the majority of you. It isn't a knock on spurs fans in general because I know a bunch of people and none of them make statements that are as ridiculous as some of the statements I have seen here over the past few days, unless they are joking. The majority of mavs fans are just as ridiculous on this board though. To say that Duncan won't end up in the top 50 of all time if pretty dumb, I think he will. The arguement about Dirk not having any rings there for he isn't as good as Duncan; neither did Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and I am sure a few others that are currently on the top 50.

Duncan is an amazing player, and we all know that, but to say that he is a god is a little much. He has good footwork and a plethora of moves in the low-post, he is a good rebounder, shot blocker, he can hit from the elbows (he is great using the glass), and he is a decent ball handler. Dirk's game is totally different, and it isn't much of a stretch to say that Dirk will probably go down as the best European player to come into the NBA, until some other guy comes in and knocks him out. I almost expect someone to chime in and say that Beno Udrih is going to be the best European player ever now.

The starters for the ASG are also the most popular players. A great example would be a few years ago in Jordan's last season when VC got a starting position and had hardly played. This year in the West, T-Mac and Yao were voted in as starters while playing maybe half of the games. Amare was on the ballot to be a starter and he got a bunch of votes, even though it had been stated that he wouldn't play until AFTER the all-star break at the earliest. It is a popularity contest. If it was based on pure talent, there is still a great chance that Duncan would be a starter, but to say that he is a starter because he is better is a joke because we all know that it is popularity contest until they name the reserves (assuming that the better players haven't been voted in).

Some of the people in here need to grow up.

DuncanInYourFace
05-18-2006, 11:11 PM

Keep dreamin

NASpurs
05-18-2006, 11:11 PM
how is duncan so good he does the same thing every time jump hook........jump hook........jump hook......hes so boring and he never did it by himself he had robinson and now parker, ginobili, and a deep bench. You can't even compare him to jordan and as far as power forwards go karl malone, charles barkley, shawn kemp, and kevin garnett are better.This must be the dumbest shit I've ever read and that's saying a lot coming from the past few days with these Mavs fans. Holy crap

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 11:13 PM

Are you fucking retarded? He kicked the shit out of the Mavs last night, putting on a WIDE VARIETY of moves (and if it was jump hook the whole game, how did he go 11-11 in the first half?). No player has ever done it by themselves you dumbass. Kobe had Shaq, Tim had David, Gino, and Tony, Jordan had Pippen, Paxson, etc, Kareem had Magic, Bird had McHale, Parish, Walton, and so on. You're a dumbass if you think any player has done it by themselves.

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Are you fucking retarded? He kicked the shit out of the Mavs last night, putting on a WIDE VARIETY of moves (and if it was jump hook the whole game, how did he go 11-11 in the first half?). No player has ever done it by themselves you dumbass. Kobe had Shaq, Tim had David, Gino, and Tony, Jordan had Pippen, Paxson, etc, Kareem had Magic, Bird had McHale, Parish, Walton, and so on. You're a dumbass if you think any player has done it by themselves.

no wonder he kicked the shit out of the mavericks we have poor post defense.....and jordan had 1 player, pippen, who was not a dominant force in the middle like robinson. It is very hard to win without a dominant post player, which is one of the many reasons michael jordan is better than duncan.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Man I know little shots are going to be thrown between Spurs and mavs fans through out this series, but c'mon!!!!!! Karl Malone made the 50 greatest players list and he deserved to. You can't seriously believe that a 3x finals MVP 2x back 2 back MVP wouldn't be on that list if it were done today. A joke is a joke, but I somehow believe the Tim diss was serious! Please say UR joking. By the way, Malone had one of the greatest PGs of all time, Jordan had the greatest rebounder of his era and probably the best perimeter defender in league history..... Barkley, Garnett better is a matter of opinion, but Shawn Kemp? Okay, I guess that was the punchline... hah! hah! Good to know you were joking..... By the way, Bill Russell = boring all day everyday... block, rejected, block, rejected = championships out the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crack kills homie....

dbreiden83080
05-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Jordan is Jordan we all know he was probably the best player ever if for nothing else other than he seemed to almost never fail in a big spot to get his team where they needed to be. I believe that win or lose this series Tim is the best player of his generation and yes that means he is better than Shaq. 3 titles 2 mvps 3 finals mvps' all before he turned 30 you can count the players in NBA history on one hand that have ever done that.

SPARKY
05-18-2006, 11:17 PM
I can give you Jordan, but you must've just finished off your 3rd can of freon if you believe any of those other players had careers which will have surpassed Tim Duncan's.

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 11:19 PM
no wonder he kicked the shit out of the mavericks we have poor post defense.....and jordan had 1 player, pippen, who was not a dominant force in the middle like robinson. It is very hard to win without a dominant post player, which is one of the many reasons michael jordan is better than duncan.

:lol

Is that the only example you can give me? Parish played with Jordan, so did Kucoc. What about Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Dennis Rodman? Yeah, STFU.

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 11:20 PM
And why would tim need a dominant post player? HE IS ONE! He didn't have one in '03 or '05. David was on the decline in '03.

dbreiden83080
05-18-2006, 11:20 PM
What about Hakeem the dream i mean in his prime he was awesome he could do it all how do you compare him to Duncan? I think what hurts him is only 2 titles and they came when Jordan was retired had that not happened he would not have any.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Its not freon mavs man 41 is on those ROCKS BEYOTCH!!!

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 11:24 PM
lmao calm down you guys i was joking about everything except the part where jordan is the greatest player of all time

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
but seriously i think you can make a good case for karl malone as the greatest power forward. the guy was in the finals every year if it wasnt for jordan he would have alot of rings.

whottt
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Just cuz he is!

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
I know that this is a spurs forum, and I know that you don't make up the majority of the spurs fans out there, but trying to make any kind of comment that goes against the spurs is like spitting at rain with the majority of you. It isn't a knock on spurs fans in general because I know a bunch of people and none of them make statements that are as ridiculous as some of the statements I have seen here over the past few days, unless they are joking. The majority of mavs fans are just as ridiculous on this board though. To say that Duncan won't end up in the top 50 of all time if pretty dumb, I think he will. The arguement about Dirk not having any rings there for he isn't as good as Duncan; neither did Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and I am sure a few others that are currently on the top 50.

Duncan is an amazing player, and we all know that, but to say that he is a god is a little much. He has good footwork and a plethora of moves in the low-post, he is a good rebounder, shot blocker, he can hit from the elbows (he is great using the glass), and he is a decent ball handler. Dirk's game is totally different, and it isn't much of a stretch to say that Dirk will probably go down as the best European player to come into the NBA, until some other guy comes in and knocks him out. I almost expect someone to chime in and say that Beno Udrih is going to be the best European player ever now.

The starters for the ASG are also the most popular players. A great example would be a few years ago in Jordan's last season when VC got a starting position and had hardly played. This year in the West, T-Mac and Yao were voted in as starters while playing maybe half of the games. Amare was on the ballot to be a starter and he got a bunch of votes, even though it had been stated that he wouldn't play until AFTER the all-star break at the earliest. It is a popularity contest. If it was based on pure talent, there is still a great chance that Duncan would be a starter, but to say that he is a starter because he is better is a joke because we all know that it is popularity contest until they name the reserves (assuming that the better players haven't been voted in).

Some of the people in here need to grow up.

If someone said he was a "god", that was just silly.

And yes, starting in the all-star game doesn't prove much -- look at Yao's history there.

The ability to lead your team to a title isn't the only criterion for how great a player is, but it's still pretty important. Do you think Jordan would be remembered the same way without any rings? Some great players get bad breaks and never win a title -- it's unfortunate, but the fact that they were never able to prove themselves on the biggest stage has to be a strike against them. Barkley would trade a hell of a lot of career highlights for a ring, and I bet the Mailman would as well. Duncan has proven he can lead a team to a title, not once, but three times. He had to beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers for one, and the defending champion Pistons for another. That's a pretty big fucking deal.

Dirk may yet lead his team to a title. Or multiple titles. He may win MVP awards. But he hasn't yet. Right now, he's proven he's a legit MVP candidate. That's a big step. But he hasn't proven he's an all-timer. When he takes his team further or wins MVP awards, he'll start to stake his claim to that level. But for now, he is what he is.

RC's Boss
Don't worry I took it seriously until I read that Shawn Kemp part. He was better at making babies though. Dudes fish swim upstream better than salmon in the Columbia river!

FromWayDowntown
I can't believe I'm responding to this.

Duncan's resume speaks for itself. You can argue that he isn't the best player in the world right now -- I'd probably agree with you. But you can't argue that he isn't the most accomplished player in the world right now. He's done things that only the greatest of the great have ever done. Is he on Jordan's level? No. Russell, Magic, Kareem? No. But if you look at his accomplishments -- how he's judged compared to his peers, Duncan's resume is similar to, say, Larry Bird's resume. Multiple MVP's, multiple titles, undisputed all-star, perrenial All-NBA performer. More than that, Duncan is one of the dominant defensive players of this or most other eras.

You can dislike him because he's "boring" -- winning so consistently time gets really boring, I'm sure. His peers think he's one of the very best. I'll take their voices and votes over those of some clowns in an internet forum.

Duncan isn't a top 50 player of all-time; he's a top 15 player of all-time.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:31 PM
I can see the argument for Karl Malone. That's where I placed him until the '03 championship, plus I think Tim has him beat b/c he is a better post defender. Malone just uses his hands to swipe. Never known for his shot blocking

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 11:33 PM
I can see the argument for Karl Malone. That's where I placed him until the '03 championship, plus I think Tim has him beat b/c he is a better post defender. Malone just uses his hands to swipe. Never known for his shot blocking

shot blocking doesnt make you a good defender by itself. Its whatever keeps the other guy from scoring. in that case your own bruce bowen would be a terrible defensive player.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm sure Tim Duncan has made the All-Defensive team every year of his career because he's a crappy defender.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I disagree, Duncan is no Larry Bird, but I do rate him higher than Kareem. This should be a new thread, but my GOATS are in order Jordan, Magic and Bird (tie), Hakeem the Dream (sounds crazy, but dude would've shitted on Russell and Wilt not his fault the absolute GOAT played during his peak), Big O and Jerry West (tie), I would put Tim somewhere behind Russell and Wilt probably tied w/ Shaq not based of rings, but all around, pound 4 pound play (my opinion of course)

Mavs_man_41
05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm sure Tim Duncan has made the All-Defensive team every year of his career because he's a crappy defender.

nobody said duncan wasnt a good defender. As a mavs fan ill be the first to admit hes a much better defender than dirk can ever hope to be.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Post defense and perimeter defense or 2 different things bruh! Does Ben Wallace lead the league in steals?!?!?!?!

maddnezz
05-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Dirk got game though! :fro

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I disagree, Duncan is no Larry Bird, but I do rate him higher than Kareem. This should be a new thread, but my GOATS are in order Jordan, Magic and Bird (tie), Hakeem the Dream (sounds crazy, but dude would've shitted on Russell and Wilt not his fault the absolute GOAT played during his peak), Big O and Jerry West (tie), I would put Tim somewhere behind Russell and Wilt probably tied w/ Shaq not based of rings, but all around, pound 4 pound play (my opinion of course)

What I said is that Duncan's resume looks a whole lot like Bird's. I didn't say he was Larry Bird or try to equate the two. I just said that, in comparison to his contemporaries, Duncan has a sheet of accomplishments that are similar to those of a guy who is undoubtedly one of the 10 best players of all-time.

Feigning doubt about whether Tim Duncan is one of the top 50 players of all time demonstrates a lack of knowledge or a pure-on hatred; neither is a substitute for analyzing the facts.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:44 PM
fo sho

jman3000
05-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Post defense and perimeter defense or 2 different things bruh! Does Ben Wallace lead the league in steals?!?!?!?!

He ranks in the top 10 I believe... which is damn good for a center.

RC's Boss
05-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah I read that over again and realized it, sorry. Wait a minute! Lack of knowledge? Analyzing facts? It's a forum! I'm still feeling the Grey Goose vodka from my playoff party so pardon me for having a little fun on my soapbox.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah I read that over again and realized it, sorry. Wait a minute! Lack of knowledge? Analyzing facts? It's a forum! I'm still feeling the Grey Goose vodka from my playoff party so pardon me for having a little fun on my soapbox.

You're forgiven.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-19-2006, 01:42 AM
but seriously i think you can make a good case for karl malone as the greatest power forward. the guy was in the finals every year if it wasnt for jordan he would have alot of rings.
How is getting there three times (only twice as a superstar) every year? That's the same number as Duncan, except Duncan's 3-0 and Malone's 0-3.

velik_m
05-19-2006, 01:44 AM
I almost expect someone to chime in and say that Beno Udrih is going to be the best European player ever now.

No, Sasha Vujacic is going to be the best European player ever - Kobe already changed his number, so Sasha can have his number 8, which he had in Europe, back. Kobe knows greatness.

johngateswhiteley
05-19-2006, 01:49 AM

duncan already is one of the 50 greatest players. wth are you talking about? not to mention most bball experts have duncan as the best pf of all time...already!

ndnjumpman
05-19-2006, 10:20 AM
If he always does the same thing and Mavs still can't defend it...

his arms are 9 feet long...each

nkdlunch
05-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Duncan > Lebron > Jordan