PDA

View Full Version : Best team in MLB

Dunc
05-18-2006, 10:35 PM
That's right bitches, it's the Detroit Tigers. I plan to enjoy this while it lasts, lol.

Horry For 3!
05-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Tha 'Stros had the best record in the MLB.....for a day

v2freak
05-18-2006, 11:19 PM
In my opinion, the Red Sox

Dunc
05-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Probably the Red Sox, maybe the Chi Sox, but according to the records (27-13), it's the Tigers. Never thought I'd live to see the day, lol.

scott
05-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Come October it will be my PaleHose again

Dunc
05-18-2006, 11:45 PM
I expect so. As long as my Tigers get some pennant/wild card action in August and September, I'll be happy. Should they make the playoffs, I'll fucking piss myself, lol.

FreshPrince22
05-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Best record in the NBA: Pistons
Best record in the NHL: Red Wings
Best record in the MLB: Tigers
Best record in the NFL: Lions? (:lol)

Too bad that 1 franchise already choked (wings) and another is in the process (Pistons). Otherwise, that would be pretty crazy.

Melmart1
05-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Maybe the Tigers are stealing the Motown Mojo from the Pistons.

Extra Stout
05-19-2006, 08:27 AM
It's going to be awesome when the Yankees miss the playoffs because the Tigers beat them out for the wild card.

Dunc
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Hell yeah baby.

Marklar MM
05-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Detroit BASEBALLLLLL...nah. Doesn't work. :)

sa_butta
05-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I am one Spurs fan who is happy to see this, Go Tigers.

tlongII
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
I like the Tigers. Don't you remember 1985?

samikeyp
05-19-2006, 11:38 AM
3 outta 4 ain't bad Prince. :)

Vizzini
05-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I like the Tigers. Don't you remember 1985?

1985? I think you mean 1984. They won the Series in '84 and I think they finished third in the A.L. East in '85.

mikejones99
05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Best teams are Yankees, Bosox, Chisox and Cards. Detroit people on crack again. And the lions are not even in the top 20. That team has been extinct since Barry left. :fro

Vizzini
05-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Best teams are Yankees, Bosox, Chisox and Cards. Detroit people on crack again. And the lions are not even in the top 20. That team has been extinct since Barry left. :fro

Yeah, it is very premature, but this is the first year in a long time that the season isn't over for the Tigers. It is a nice change.

mike detroit
05-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it is very premature, but this is the first year in a long time that the season isn't over for the Tigers. It is a nice change.

it's also premature at this point to think the yankees and red sox are anything more than average teams. they've looked pretty normal so far.

Dunc
05-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I just want to enjoy this ride as long as it lasts.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Best home unis in MLB, bar none...

The olde english D can't be fucked with...

mike detroit
05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Best home unis in MLB, bar none...

The olde english D can't be fucked with...

quite a difference in our current series. the reds uniforms look like they're in some kind of prison league.

Detroitloc
05-20-2006, 11:23 PM
I got two words for ya why detroit is playin great Jim leland bottomline.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I got two words for ya why detroit is playin great Jim leland bottomline.

very true, but i have two more words for you, kenny rogers.

Detroitloc
05-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Works for me plus chris shelton that man right there something serious he about business.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Works for me plus chris shelton that man right there something serious he about business.

his one home run in the past month certainly is impressive.

Dunc
05-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Everybody's clicking just perfectly right now. You need a clutch home run in the bottom of the 9th with two out? How bout Curtis Granderson? WTF?? Lol, fun to be a Tigers fan these days.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Everybody's clicking just perfectly right now. You need a clutch home run in the bottom of the 9th with two out? How bout Curtis Granderson? WTF?? Lol, fun to be a Tigers fan these days.

it really is, and it's annoying with the people saying "don't get too excited, it's early" . wtf, what's the worst that can happen, we get dissapointed? this is detroit, we're used to that. it's not like being happy about the tigers is going to make them lose.

Dunc
05-21-2006, 12:52 AM
it really is, and it's annoying with the people saying "don't get too excited, it's early" . wtf, what's the worst that can happen, we get dissapointed? this is detroit, we're used to that. it's not like being happy about the tigers is going to make them lose.

Exactly. I'm all over the bandwagon right now. If we lose, we lose. But until we start losing, I think we need to enjoy this to the max. On a related note.... Comerica was sold out tonight. Standing room only. I know that it's interleague and Ken Griffey Jr and all that, but the boys put on a show tonight. Pretty sweet.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 01:19 AM
exactly! why care about all that crap? lets just be happy our team is winning for once. it's crazy down there at comerica when the crowd is full like that. who cares what ends up happening, right now it's fun to be a tiger fan, and i haven't said that since 87

Dunc
05-21-2006, 01:22 AM
exactly! why care about all that crap? lets just be happy our team is winning for once. it's crazy down there at comerica when the crowd is full like that. who cares what ends up happening, right now it's fun to be a tiger fan, and i haven't said that since 87

I was 4 years old in 87, so it's not an overstatement to say this is the most I've ever enjoyed the Tigers. Baseball season has always been something to endure for me, not enjoy, so this is a real kick.

Melmart1
05-21-2006, 01:51 AM
very true, but i have two more words for you, kenny rogers.

Kenny Rogers always looks great the first half of the season. Just wait till July and August- his ERA always seems to balloon and he struggles mightily. Trust me, as a Rangers fan I have seen him do it time and again.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Kenny Rogers always looks great the first half of the season. Just wait till July and August- his ERA always seems to balloon and he struggles mightily. Trust me, as a Rangers fan I have seen him do it time and again.

oh i know about that. I meant the effect he's had on the other pitchers. especially the other left handed finesse pitchers(Maroth most of all). Regardless of how kenny pitches later, he's had a positive effective on the rest of the staff.

Billy Cobham
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
1985? I think you mean 1984. They won the Series in '84 and I think they finished third in the A.L. East in '85.

You're right. It was 84. Seems like only yesterday.................or not.

mike detroit
05-21-2006, 06:30 PM
You're right. It was 84. Seems like only yesterday.................or not.

at the house i grew up in, there was a patch of grass in the backyard that my dad took off the field at tiger stadium after they won the series.

T Park
05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
uh kids,

St Louis Cardinals are tied with you, for best record :)

Don't know how the Cards are doing it, they are a horrible team.

katyon6th
05-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Even though the Tigers beat my Reds in the 10th yesterday, I'm still excited for the team and their fans. Winning records are exciting.

Vizzini
05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
uh kids,

I have the biggest man crush on Albert Pujols right now. He is unfrickin' real. I am going to get tickets to see him come to play the Tigers at the end of June. Fifteen years from now I will be telling people I got to see Pujols in person.

Dunc
05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
uh kids,

Yes, but on the day I started this thread, the Tigers had first place in the majors all to themselves :)

Wallace ²
05-23-2006, 06:13 AM
And now they are back in first place all by themselves

Dunc
05-23-2006, 07:27 AM
How bout Verlander last night? Yeah, it was just the Royals, but a 21-y/o throwing back to back shutouts (one CG) is special, imo. And that's what good teams do, beat up on the bad ones.

JMarkJohns
05-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Arizona Diamondbacks have a solid case. They aren't there yet, but they could be with one or two trades.

They currently have a top-3 offense.
They currently have the top defense in the majors.
They have a top-5 bullpen.
They have a top-5 pitcher.

They need another good starter, hopefully of #1 or #2 skill. There's talk of Dontrelle Willis and Johan Santana.

While common sense says there is no way, do remember that the Diamondbacks also have the best farm system according to Baseball America, totaling six top-50 prospects, including 4 in the top-25 and 8 top-100 prospects overall.

Diamondbacks have two untouchables, #2 overall Justin Upton and #10 overall Stephen Drew, but they have two top-25 outfielders, an additional top-50 outfielder, a top-50 infielder and two top-75 pitchers.

They have considerable talent to use to acquire and even outbid if necessary.

If they stay content for this season, they have upwards of 25 million in CAP space next season for the likes of Mulder, Zito, Schmidt, etc...

tlongII
05-23-2006, 02:38 PM
4 in a row for the M's!

Melmart1
05-23-2006, 04:20 PM
4 in a row for the M's!

The way the Angels are playing, you guys might not finish dead last this year! Congrats!

T Park
05-23-2006, 10:50 PM
I have the biggest man crush on Albert Pujols right now. He is unfrickin' real. I am going to get tickets to see him come to play the Tigers at the end of June. Fifteen years from now I will be telling people I got to see Pujols in person.

haha good to hear.

I will be watching from beautifull Del Mar CA, and hope you have fun, but the Cardinals win 2 of 3 ;)

mike detroit
05-23-2006, 11:24 PM
How bout Verlander last night? Yeah, it was just the Royals, but a 21-y/o throwing back to back shutouts (one CG) is special, imo. And that's what good teams do, beat up on the bad ones.

most impressive, thought it's been said to death in the media after this one, is how his fastball didn't lose anything from the first to the ninth.

Dunc
05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
most impressive, thought it's been said to death in the media after this one, is how his fastball didn't lose anything from the first to the ninth.

Agreed. Amazing to throw a CG and still whip out a 99 mph fastball in the 9th.

Vizzini
05-24-2006, 10:22 AM
haha good to hear.

I will be watching from beautifull Del Mar CA, and hope you have fun, but the Cardinals win 2 of 3 ;)

Yeah, you're probably right, but I won't care, it will still be fun. The Tigers are beating up on inferior teams right, but that is what good teams are supposed to do. All that I am hoping for is for them to get 19 games over .500, and then go .500 for the rest of the year. That would put them at 100 wins, and it is very hard to see both the Yankees and Red Sox getting more wins than that. That will at least put them in the wildcard, if the White Sox don't slow up (I don't think they will, they are frickin' good) It is actually nice to talk about playoff berths in May, rather than what trades would be the best to dump salary and get prospects.

Horry For 3!
05-24-2006, 03:17 PM
You never knew about Curtis Granderson???????

Curtis Granderson is bad ass, I have him on a lot of fantasy baseball teams.

T-Pain
05-24-2006, 04:14 PM

i have Pujols on my team :hat

Dunc
05-24-2006, 05:48 PM

No no, I'm fully aware of him, I just didn't expect him to be the guy to hit a two-out game tying home run. I love the guy, I just didn't expect that kind of clutch power out of him.

Dunc
05-24-2006, 05:48 PM
i have Pujols on my team :hat

Quit braggin', lol.

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Gotta give it to the Motor City Kitties right now...its amazing what they have done recently. Wasn't it like two years ago they were the worst team in baseball?

Dunc
05-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Gotta give it to the Motor City Kitties right now...its amazing what they have done recently. Wasn't it like two years ago they were the worst team in baseball?

Yes sir, not to mention the second worst record ever, I believe. 43 wins, which I think was 3 better than the Mets of whichever year they were the worst team ever.

Wallace ²
05-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Yes sir, not to mention the second worst record ever, I believe. 43 wins, which I think was 3 better than the Mets of whichever year they were the worst team ever.

It was three years ago that they had the horrible season. The Tigers had 119 losses and the Mets had 120.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
It was three years ago that they had the horrible season. The Tigers had 119 losses and the Mets had 120.

Oh, that's right. I guess I tried too hard to put that out of my memory, lol.

FreshPrince22
05-27-2006, 12:55 PM
14 W's in the last 15 games :fro

Dunc
05-27-2006, 01:03 PM
14 W's in the last 15 games :fro

Two 7 game winning streaks over that period. Not bad.

Going to the Yankees game at Comerica on Monday. Pretty pumped up about that.

mike detroit
05-27-2006, 02:23 PM

haven't you been keeping up with white sox fans terminology? it's "murder city kitties"
:elephant

Dunc
05-27-2006, 10:42 PM
haven't you been keeping up with white sox fans terminology? it's "murder city kitties"
:elephant

Lol, haven't heard that one :lol

mike detroit
05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Lol, haven't heard that one :lol

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/

bask in the level of mature debate

JMarkJohns
05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Arizona Diamondbacks have a solid case. They aren't there yet, but they could be with one or two trades.

They currently have a top-3 offense.
They currently have the top defense in the majors.
They have a top-5 bullpen.
They have a top-5 pitcher.

They need another good starter, hopefully of #1 or #2 skill. There's talk of Dontrelle Willis and Johan Santana.

While common sense says there is no way, do remember that the Diamondbacks also have the best farm system according to Baseball America, totaling six top-50 prospects, including 4 in the top-25 and 8 top-100 prospects overall.

Diamondbacks have two untouchables, #2 overall Justin Upton and #10 overall Stephen Drew, but they have two top-25 outfielders, an additional top-50 outfielder, a top-50 infielder and two top-75 pitchers.

They have considerable talent to use to acquire and even outbid if necessary.

If they stay content for this season, they have upwards of 25 million in CAP space next season for the likes of Mulder, Zito, Schmidt, etc...

You probably thought I was crazy when I wrote this, but facts is facts...

Quietly the Diamondbacks have snuck amongst the top of the National League in just about every single offensive categories.

1st in batting (5th in majors)
3rd in runs scored
3rd in on-base
5th in slugging
3rd in on-base/slugging
2nd in extra-base hits (6th in majors)

They are also very good in overall pitching.

5th in ERA (7th in majors)
6th in whip
4th in K's/per 9 innings (5th in majors)

Add to this they have the League's best pitcher in Webb...

1st in ERA, 2.18 (2nd in majors)
1st in innings pitched (1st in majors)
1st in groundball outs (1st in majors)
8th in strikeouts (14th in majors)

And the that they have the best overall fielding defense, I think they should be amongst the three or four teams being mentioned.

They started off just terribly, but since April 24th, only the Tigers have had a better record.

All this despite playing the third hardest schedule in the majors thus far (according to Gammons).

Reportedly they have a standing offer for Barry Zito of top-10 pitching prospect, Dustin Nippert and top-20 infield prospect, Scott Hairston and another prospect. So far the A's want Nippert and top-5 outfield prospect, Carlos Quentin, but he's the key to the Dontrelle Willis potential deal, so he's unlikely to be included.

It's reasonable to think one of these two players will be a Diamondback by the All-Star break and not unreasonable to think maybe both will be.

Crazy, but true.

mike detroit
05-28-2006, 08:47 AM
You probably thought I was crazy when I wrote this, but facts is facts...

Quietly the Diamondbacks have snuck amongst the top of the National League in just about every single offensive categories.

1st in batting (5th in majors)
3rd in runs scored
3rd in on-base
5th in slugging
3rd in on-base/slugging
2nd in extra-base hits (6th in majors)

They are also very good in overall pitching.

5th in ERA (7th in majors)
6th in whip
4th in K's/per 9 innings (5th in majors)

Add to this they have the League's best pitcher in Webb...

1st in ERA, 2.18 (2nd in majors)
1st in innings pitched (1st in majors)
1st in groundball outs (1st in majors)
8th in strikeouts (14th in majors)

And the that they have the best overall fielding defense, I think they should be amongst the three or four teams being mentioned.

They started off just terribly, but since April 24th, only the Tigers have had a better record.

All this despite playing the third hardest schedule in the majors thus far (according to Gammons).

Reportedly they have a standing offer for Barry Zito of top-10 pitching prospect, Dustin Nippert and top-20 infield prospect, Scott Hairston and another prospect. So far the A's want Nippert and top-5 outfield prospect, Carlos Quentin, but he's the key to the Dontrelle Willis potential deal, so he's unlikely to be included.

It's reasonable to think one of these two players will be a Diamondback by the All-Star break and not unreasonable to think maybe both will be.

Crazy, but true.

interestingly, ESPN currently shows the diamondbacks in 2nd overall in the RPI rankings. .001 behind the tigs.

JMarkJohns
05-28-2006, 12:04 PM
I didn't even know they had an RPI system for baseball... interesting.

Do the Diamondbacks and Tigers play each other in Interleague play? They typically do. What a year for them to play each other if recent history holds up.

Diamondbacks just called up top-75 pitching prospect Enrique Gonzalez. In his last four starts in the Pacific Coast League (the best hitting League in all the minors), he's gone 2-0 with an ERA of 0.51. He's going today vs. Arroyo. I'm hoping that kind of stuff continues.

tsb2000
05-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Last year, the DBacks played the Tigers in AZ. This year, the DBacks play the AL West in interleague play.

It would be awesome to see Dontrelle Willis in purple pinstripes by the all-star break! :)

Oh yes, and Brandon Webb is a stud. 'Nuff said. :)

Dunc
05-28-2006, 03:02 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/

bask in the level of mature debate

No kidding. Are the White Hose fans the MLB equivalent of Mavs fans?

JMarkJohns
05-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Last year, the DBacks played the Tigers in AZ. This year, the DBacks play the AL West in interleague play.

Looking foward to fattening up our record with several series wins come interleague play.

It would be awesome to see Dontrelle Willis in purple pinstripes by the all-star break! :)

I'd rather trade for Willis, mainly beacuse he's young and under a small contract for a few more seasons. It makes little sense to trade two quality prospects for a four month rental as I hear Zito is a lock to join a New York team via free agency.

Oh yes, and Brandon Webb is a stud. 'Nuff said. :)

It's amazing what a good defense can do. The last two years Webb lost faith in his sinker because so many of his groundballs were turning into hits or errors. He then started to pick around the edges of the plates in hopes of strikeouts. Soon, however, teams just stopped swinging at his pitches unless they were right down the middle and his totals in walks and losses were just astonishing. Fastforward to this season and with the League's best defense behind him, he's no back in charge with that vicious sinker, eatin' batters up and never backing down.

JMarkJohns
05-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Diamondbacks just called up top-75 pitching prospect Enrique Gonzalez. In his last four starts in the Pacific Coast League (the best hitting League in all the minors), he's gone 2-0 with an ERA of 0.51. He's going today vs. Arroyo. I'm hoping that kind of stuff continues.

Gonzalez proves he's legit, going six-innings in his major league debut, allowing just one run, a first-inning homer, on four hits.

The Diamondbacks were up 4-1 entering the bottom of the eighth, but the bullpen blew this one. Shame, but that's why they acquired Jorge Julio. Hopefully he'll be able to come in and throw in place of a struggling Lyon or Valverde the next couple games. It's tough to hand a lead over to those two right now as each is struggling with location. Both have untouchable stuff, when on, but right now each is just a bit off. Maybe some rest will reenerize them?

tsb2000
05-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Papa Grande has been making things interesting lately, for sure! I wish my schedule were less packed, my next opportunity to get to the ball park is against the Angels. D'oh! :)

We will find out if the DBacks can play this week since they're playing the Mets in NY!

T Park
05-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Isringhausen for Sean Green D Back fan.

DO IT! :tu :lol

JMarkJohns
05-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Isringhausen for Sean Green D Back fan.

DO IT! :tu :lol

Three weeks into the season, I'd have jumped all over that deal. At that time Green was batting around .120 with several rally killing doubleplays, as well as making costly mental mistakes and errors in the field that directly lead to three of their early losses.

Sinse then, he's arguably been the best player in the division and is probably the leading candidate amongst the Diamondbacks position players for an All-Star nod.

Right now, I think he, Webb and Estrada are locks while Tracy will be considered, though is behind Wright (NYM), Rolen (STLC) and Cabrera (FLAM) so long as Cabrera is still a third baseman.

JMarkJohns
05-29-2006, 10:42 PM
I take back everything I said about the Diamondbacks bullpen. Second straight blown save and in five of the last six appearances, the bullpen has given up a minimum of one run.

Valverde better get his act together. Julio's looked damn good in his two appearances.

This bullpen is sputtering and it's really costing them.

T Park
05-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Isringhausen and ok, Looper, for Green.

Final offer :lol

tsb2000
05-31-2006, 01:06 AM
The bullpen is getting overworked. Most innings in the NL. The starters need to get their collective stamina together.

Then again, the DBacks sure looked nice tonight against the Mets! :lol

DarkReign
05-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Dont fret. Tigers lose 3 in row, 2 to the Yankees.

More at 7 tonight, although I still think they split the series.

In more news, ChiSox stay idle in their chase.

Waaaaaay too early, but big whoop!

tsb2000
06-05-2006, 01:02 AM
DBacks get the sweep in the A-T-L. Not too shabby! :)

JMarkJohns
06-05-2006, 03:07 AM
7-3 road trip with two blown saves and another 13 innings loss.

Diamondbacks have the best road ERA in the National League, behind just the Tigers for best in the majors and while they pitch a little worse at home, they hit significantly better.

That's a quality combination.

Bad new is Enrique Gonzalez was sent down after two quality starts to begin his MLB career and word is that Russ Ortiz will be called up.

I just don't get it.

Gonzalez in the bigs was 1-0 in two starts, pitched 12 innings with a 2.25 ERA.
Ortiz in the triple-A was 1-1 in two starts, pitched 13 innings and had a 3.5 ERA.

Yet the latter was called up while the former was sent down?

OK???

DarkReign
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Bad new is Enrique Gonzalez was sent down after two quality starts to begin his MLB career and word is that Russ Ortiz will be called up.

I just don't get it.

Gonzalez in the bigs was 1-0 in two starts, pitched 12 innings with a 2.25 ERA.
Ortiz in the triple-A was 1-1 in two starts, pitched 13 innings and had a 3.5 ERA.

Yet the latter was called up while the former was sent down?

OK???

I am by NO means, a baseball guru. But, what you are seeing there is good management.

Are they both young arms? If so, they havent developed their full set of pitches. Big league hitters catch on fast.

Are they both right-handers? If not, then there is another reason. If so, then what kind of arm are we talking about? Both have fire? One has control?

Most importantly, who are the DBacks coming up against soon? Real power-hitting team(s)? Small ball? If its small-ball, depending on matchups, you might want a control-type pitcher. If its power, youre going to want heat. But then again, I am sure a more astute fan could argue the exact opposite.

My point is, the manager makes the call based on alot of things. If you can answer all those questions and still say "this guy over that", then youre better than me. Oh, and remember, the manager is the same guy guiding them to all this early success.

Just a thought.

JMarkJohns
06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Russ Ortiz isn't a young. He's easily over 30 and probably closer to 35.

I can understand, to a point, but Ortiz just sucks. He's been their worst signing in franchise history. No joke. He's their third or fourth highest paid player, yet finished last year with a 5+ ERA and this year was optioned down to triple A for "rehab" assignment for an injury that is pure speculation at this point.

Gonzalez is young. Probably mid-20's.

Horry For 3!
06-05-2006, 06:27 PM
St Louis are right behind Detroit.

Tigers 37-20
Cardinals 35-21

Spurologist
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Kansas City Royals

tsb2000
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM

I can understand, to a point, but Ortiz just sucks. He's been their worst signing in franchise history. No joke. He's their third or fourth highest paid player, yet finished last year with a 5+ ERA and this year was optioned down to triple A for "rehab" assignment for an injury that is pure speculation at this point.

Well, Ortiz didn't suck tonight with 7 K's, but the DBacks are getting whooped, for sure. Where's that offense that smoked the Braves? :oops

JMarkJohns
06-06-2006, 11:38 PM
He didn't suck, but I wouldn't say he was good.

He failed (again) to notch a quality start and walked five batters in five innings pitched. Only thing that's changed is the first-inning run total. Rather than four-to-six runs given up, tonight it was just two. His walks and low innings of work will keep him from being even a solid pitcher for this team.

However, this loss is on the offense and the bullpen. Ortiz was good, but he didn't allow the game to get away from the team. Medders giving up three in an inning of work and the offense being blanked through seven did that.

tsb2000
06-07-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm starting to think the DBacks are getting caught looking ahead to the Mets and Giants. There isn't a lot of energy out there this week, IMO.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Toronto Blue Jays...highest hitting club in the majors :D

Dunc
06-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Toronto Blue Jays...highest hitting club in the majors :D

Tigers took two out of three from them this weekend :)

JMarkJohns
06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Diamondbacks SUCK!!!!

JMarkJohns
06-13-2006, 10:00 PM

ORTIZ: Waived :elephant
GONZALEZ: 6 innings of shutout ball in his third start of the year :elephant

tsb2000
06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Woo-hoo! Ortiz is gone! It's too bad; I had high hopes for him when he signed here, but it was obvious right away that he was washed up.

The Snakes had better get back on track after getting skunked by both the Phillies and the Mets (at home, no less!) :)

scott
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
It'll still be the PaleHose!

tsb2000
06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
As long as it's not the Yankees, I won't be too upset. :)

NorCal510
06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Oakland A's like WHAAAAA

SA Gunslinger
06-15-2006, 04:46 AM
Best team in baseball are the Mets.

Beltran, Delgado, and Wright is a tough middle of a lineup. Throw in Pete, Glavine, and Wagner, it might be their year.

leemajors
06-15-2006, 10:12 AM
stros warming up again! + burke - taveras seems to have worked, and berkman is mostly healthy again.

Texas_Ranger
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Tigers are the best.

T Park
06-15-2006, 06:27 PM
4-2 on the roady for the Cardinals.

Carpenter witha Cy Youn performance on tuesday. Isringhausen seems to be starting to come around.

Encarnacion is hitting 329 in the month of june, Rolen is hitting 480 since Pujols got hurt.

Chris Duncan 1 HR today short of the cycle.

If the name sounds familiar, hes the son of Dave Duncan the pitching coach.

outside of Carpenter though, the starting rotation is NOT doing very well. Hoping they turn it around.

Jimmy Edmonds is hitting better too after his sabatical.

Cardinals are 39-24.

Not the best record, but doing better than people expected they do after Phat Albert went out.

NBA Junkie
06-16-2006, 12:58 AM

I liked 1987 better- When the Twins shocked them in the ALCS.

atlfan25
06-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Russ Ortiz is a piece of shit now.

And now he is getting paid like 20 mil to get even fatter.

Gotdamn he has a badass agent.

Vizzini
06-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I liked 1987 better- When the Twins shocked them in the ALCS.

It was no shock that year, the Twins were better. The last day clincher over Toronto is still my earliest and one of my favorite memories. Frank Tanana pitching a complete game and getting the last out on a comebacker is an image I will have for the rest of my life.

NBA Junkie
06-16-2006, 11:30 AM
It was no shock that year, the Twins were better.

It was shocking in that the Tigers owned the Twins in the regular season winning 8 of 12 contests. Shocking in that they handed Doyle Alexander his only two losses in a Tiger uniform in 1987. Shocking in that they won two of three in Tiger Stadium to close out that series.

The turning point of that whole series was when Darrell Evans was picked off third base in the sixth inning of game four with the Twins leading 4-3. It wound up snuffing out a big inning as Juan Berenguer threw a wild pitch that would have scored Evans and tied the game and would have moved another runner into scoring position.

Sparky Anderson was so cocky and overconfident that they would win the series that he elected to pitch Alexander and Jack Morris on four days rest instead of three.

T Park
06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
way to go tigers.

Screwed my cardinals out of ANOTHER WS.

Dunc
06-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Tigers are now 44-24. Might as well chalk up a sweep over the Cubbies, as we're probably going to be facing their minor-league pitchers this weekend.

jochhejaam
06-16-2006, 11:19 PM
More good news for the Tigers. Ivan Rodriguez said that he has talked to lots of players that would like to play for the Tigers under Jim Leyland. I'm sure the winning record has something to do with it. That's a big switch from the past when the Tigers were outbidding or matching the dollar amounts for free agents only to see them sign with another team.

JMarkJohns
06-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I cannot believe how bad the Diamondbacks have played since the Grimsley news broke. They were coming off a 7-3 road trip, where two of their three losses came via a blown save and the other in 13 innings.

They return home to news of Russ Ortiz being called up and Jason Grimsley being ousted as a 'roider and they promtly lose seven in a row and 10-of-11 counting tonight.

Webb is 0-2 with a no decision during the stretch, despite an ERA of around 2.50.

Their hitting is now inconsistant at best and their defense, once the best in the majors has become unreliable with even routine plays being botched.

Amazingly, they are only 1 game out after the Athletics beat the Dodgers tonight.

Really speaks to how poorly the Dodgers are playing as well.

tsb2000
06-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Indeed. The innuendo surrounding Gonzo from the Republic (and DBacks' management) didn't help matters, either.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2006, 02:23 AM
One of the radio stations in Phoenix was reported as implying that by reaading between the lines and looking at pre-Conseco's Juiced to post-Conseco's Juiced stats, That Russ Ortiz was a likely roider...

Had the two worst years of his career the two seasons after steriods were brought to the forefront. Was promtly waived after the shit hit the fan as well. Less than a week later, actually.

Das Texan
06-17-2006, 02:35 AM
The Florida Marlins have won 16 of their last 22.

The Luis Gonzalez story is a fucking joke.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2006, 03:40 AM
The Florida Marlins have won 16 of their last 22.

The Luis Gonzalez story is a fucking joke.

I guess there's no chance they trade Willis now, is there?

And in reguards to Luis, how so? I've been on several sites and I'd say a solid 30% think there's something to it. Can I gather you don't think there's anything to it?

I hope there isn't, but really do not know.

jochhejaam
06-17-2006, 08:52 AM
With yesterdays win and Mets loss the Tigers resume the best record in the majors!

Two starters are 23, Verlander and Bonderman, and the 101 mph releif pitcher Zumaya with 44 K's in 34 innings is 21.
Combined record for the 3 is 16-8.

New starting pitcher added to the team from Triple A affiliate Toledo Mudhens, Zack Miner, is only 24. After 3 starts he's 2-1 with a 2.65 ERA. :D

Das Texan
06-17-2006, 10:36 AM
I guess there's no chance they trade Willis now, is there?

And in reguards to Luis, how so? I've been on several sites and I'd say a solid 30% think there's something to it. Can I gather you don't think there's anything to it?

I hope there isn't, but really do not know.

Dontrelle wasnt ever being traded, no matter how much some media outlets want you to believe. Well they might have considered it, but it would have taken at least 3 top notch prospects with 2 of them being a catcher and centerfielder.

The Gonzalez story is a joke simply because his fucking owner started the story essentially.

The sooner this shit goes away the better for baseball. I'm tired of it, just do a blanket test on everyone, save some samples for later and move on.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Dontrelle wasnt ever being traded, no matter how much some media outlets want you to believe. Well they might have considered it, but it would have taken at least 3 top notch prospects with 2 of them being a catcher and centerfielder.

Well, the Diamondbacks would have likely offered two top-40 overall position prospects and a top-10 pitching prospect for him.

either

CF: Chris Young (top-10 overall)
or
OF: Carlos Quentin (Top-25 overall)

and

INF/OF: Scott Hairston (top-20)
or
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (top-30)

and

RHP: Dustin Nippert (#8 pitching prospect in the minors)

My guess is the italicized players are the ones Florida would have went after.

Das Texan
06-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, the Diamondbacks would have likely offered two top-40 overall position prospects and a top-10 pitching prospect for him.

either

CF: Chris Young (top-10 overall)
or

and

INF/OF: Scott Hairston (top-20)
or
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (top-30)

and

RHP: Dustin Nippert (#8 pitching prospect in the minors)

My guess is the italicized players are the ones Florida would have went after.

no catcher.

no deal.

aka no montero, have a nice day.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
You can get catchers anywhere. Think about it. How many quality catchers were moved this past offseason? Benjie Molina, Ramon Hernandez, Paul Lo Duca, Johnny Estrada... hell, even Piazza. The previous offseason it was Javy Lopez, Jason Kendell and AJ Pierzynski. They are always floating around.

If a team offers you three top-50 overall prospects, that's a hell of a package to say no to. Who's Montero? He's not listed amongst the Diamondbacks top prospects...

T Park
06-18-2006, 03:06 AM
ole Cardinals keep pluggin along...... 41-26.

Das Texan
06-18-2006, 03:39 AM
You can get catchers anywhere. Think about it. How many quality catchers were moved this past offseason? Benjie Molina, Ramon Hernandez, Paul Lo Duca, Johnny Estrada... hell, even Piazza. The previous offseason it was Javy Lopez, Jason Kendell and AJ Pierzynski. They are always floating around.

If a team offers you three top-50 overall prospects, that's a hell of a package to say no to. Who's Montero? He's not listed amongst the Diamondbacks top prospects...

he is their top catcher....and the best part is that even if the marlins were to entertain trading dontrelle...chris snyder would also do as he is their more developed catcher in their system.

they can take whatever they want, or simply not trade him.

beinfest is no idiot, he rarely makes bad trades...so its not that big of a deal. not that dontrelle was ever being traded, that was this pipe dream of most of baseball.

btw 17 of our last 23.

Marklar MM
06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Man...It is fun being a Tiger fan for once. :)

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2006, 09:33 PM
.Wow. I had no idea Carlos was playing in the bigs now. How long since he's been out of the farm system? I used to play ball with him on the San Diego Sting when we were younger.

JMarkJohns
06-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow. I had no idea Carlos was playing in the bigs now. How long since he's been out of the farm system? I used to play ball with him on the San Diego Sting when we were younger.

He's in Triple-A. He's batting around .340 with good power to all fields and a good on-base percentage. Probably around .380...

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
He's in Triple-A. He's batting around .340 with good power to all fields and a good on-base percentage. Probably around .380...
Good to hear. I've lost contact with most of those I played ball with back then. I know of six that are still in the farm system, waiting to be called up. Kind of bums me out cause I could have been there, but I fucked up my rotator cuff, and wasn't about to get Tommy Johns surgery @ the age of 14.

JMarkJohns
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
To me, he's one of the "don't even bother asking" with Upton and Drew. I can't wait until he gets the call up, prolly in September, getting full-time duty next season after Gonzalez is gone.

That said, if Willis, Hudson or Santana was available and it took Quentin, I'd be willing to trade him.

Dunc
06-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Man...It is fun being a Tiger fan for once. :)

Is it ever. We haven't had a really good team in my baseball-following life (born in 82, started watching in 94), so this is just amazing.

T Park
06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Well,

If the Cardinals had ANY, kind of hitting tonight,

ESPN would've heard about the great job of the young phenom Anthony Reyes.

SA Gunslinger
06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Well,

If the Cardinals had ANY, kind of hitting tonight,

ESPN would've heard about the great job of the young phenom Anthony Reyes.

Yeah, I was watching the boxscore of that game and he didn't have any walks or hits through six innings.

T Park
06-23-2006, 12:22 AM
No hitter for 7 and 1/3 innings.

First pitch to Thome, home run.

Then sat the next 5 down in a row.

Complete game 1 run 1 hit 6 strikeouts no walks.

Anthony Reyes is the REAL deal.

jochhejaam
06-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Is it ever. We haven't had a really good team in my baseball-following life (born in 82, started watching in 94), so this is just amazing.
First team to win 50! :D
Nice come from behind win. I think it's the rally gum. :lol

Fifth time they've been down in the 8th inning and come back to win this year!

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 08:45 AM
First team to win 50! :D
Nice come from behind win. I think it's the rally gum. :lol

Fifth time they've been down in the 8th inning and come back to win this year!

:clap :fro

This team is frickin fun to watch...I havent said that in my lifetime.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 09:39 AM
yesterday's game was a lot of fun to go to. though i got sunburned as hell.

Marklar MM
06-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Hail to the Tigers, valiant.
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to the Tigers
the leaders and best
Hail! to the Tigers valiant
Hail! Hail! to the Tigers,
the champions of the East!

Corny haha.

Vizzini
06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Hail to the Tigers, valiant.
Hail! Hail! to the Tigers
the leaders and best
Hail! to the Tigers valiant
Hail! Hail! to the Tigers,
the champions of the East!

Corny haha.

It is a good thing you are singing that this year, b/c if it had been any of the previous 12 years, all of the U-of-M fans in the state of Michigan would've hunted you down and stuck a hot fire poker up your you know what for speaking such heresy.

Marklar MM
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
It is a good thing you are singing that this year, b/c if it had been any of the previous 12 years, all of the U-of-M fans in the state of Michigan would've hunted you down and stuck a hot fire poker up your you know what for speaking such heresy.

HAHA. I know I know. :(. I should have used State's song.

Go right thru for DET,
Watch the runs keep piling.
Tigers teams are bound to win,
They're fighting with a vim.
RAH! RAH! RAH!
See their team is weakening,
We're going to win this game.
Fight! Fight! Rah! Team, Fight!
Victory for Detroit.

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
My Red Sox beat Detroit 2 of 3 AT Detroit.

:smokin

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM

that must real upset you that you're in danger of not even getting the wildcard then. don't worry. the yankees will probably keep sucking to help you guys out.

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 11:40 AM

True. Tigers have struggled against the AL perrenial powerhouses (BoSox, Yanks, ChiSox).

Just goes to show how good the AL is this year. NL is on a serious off-year.

Watching the Tigers perform so well kind of makes me very upset. Besides Verlander, Rogers, Jones and Zumaya (obviously Thames, Granderson help), this is the same team from last couple years.

Obviously, they wouldnt have this record, but challenging for the worst record of all time?!

Sounds to me like they quit on Tram. As a professional, being paid millions, you never quit...no matter if youre justified or not. Its being a pro.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
True. Tigers have struggled against the AL perrenial powerhouses (BoSox, Yanks, ChiSox).

Just goes to show how good the AL is this year. NL is on a serious off-year.

Watching the Tigers perform so well kind of makes me very upset. Besides Verlander, Rogers, Jones and Zumaya (obviously Thames, Granderson help), this is the same team from last couple years.

Obviously, they wouldnt have this record, but challenging for the worst record of all time?!

Sounds to me like they quit on Tram. As a professional, being paid millions, you never quit...no matter if youre justified or not. Its being a pro.

oh they almost certainly quit on tram. a fact that does give me pause. sure, everythings great right now when they're winning, but if the quit on tram last year, what will they do this year if we face some adversity.

NBA Junkie
06-27-2006, 10:41 PM

That's too bad you were too young to follow that 1984 Tiger team. They were steamrolling over everybody that year.

Jimcs50
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
that must real upset you that you're in danger of not even getting the wildcard then. don't worry. the yankees will probably keep sucking to help you guys out.

Boston will pass up Detroit, no doubt about it.

They have the best defense in the majors, their starting pitching is getting better and they have the best closer and setup man in baseball so far this year. They also have 5 starters that are batting 300 or better.

This is their year to win it all, no doubt about it.

SA Gunslinger
06-29-2006, 02:52 AM
Don't sleep on Minnesota. Liriano and Santana will be a handful if the Twins make the playoffs. Their bullpen is nasty too with Nathan and Rincon.

Offensively, they have some talent. That kid Mauer just finished 11-12 against the Dodgers.

Wallace ²
06-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Boston will pass up Detroit, no doubt about it.

They have the best defense in the majors, their starting pitching is getting better and they have the best closer and setup man in baseball so far this year. They also have 5 starters that are batting 300 or better.

This is their year to win it all, no doubt about it.

Lets do a little comparing about their defenses. First runs allowed:

Detroit 289 = 3.6 per game

Boston 362 = 4.8 per game

Shutouts

Detroit 11

Boston 0

Now lets talk about the Bullpen:

Boston has a good setup man, not the best but good. They also have a great closer who is also an unproven rookie closing for them who could choke when the pressure is really on late in the season.

Detroit has an aging but good closer. They also have 2 really good setup men. One throws over 100 consistently and the other one has one of the best changeups in baseball after coming at you with mid to high 90's heat.

So to conclude, your point about the best defense in baseball is just awful, Boston is not even close to the best defense. They do have a good closer and setup man, but not that much better (or better at all) than Detroit. I will give you that they have a great offense. Just look at some stats before you try to prove something.

DarkReign
06-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Boston, per usual, is highly overrated.

Im not saying they suck, but one of the best? Not even close.

ChiSox, Tigers, Mets.

Thats it. Its an exclusive club this year, and the Yankee and Boston homers arent apart of it (yet).

NBA Junkie
06-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't sleep on Minnesota. Liriano and Santana will be a handful if the Twins make the playoffs. Their bullpen is nasty too with Nathan and Rincon.

Offensively, they have some talent. That kid Mauer just finished 11-12 against the Dodgers.

I doubt they nab the wildcard. The slow start will cost them.

Mauer is red hot, but the Twins lack power.

Jimcs50
06-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Lets do a little comparing about their defenses. First runs allowed:

Detroit 289 = 3.6 per game

Boston 362 = 4.8 per game

Shutouts

Detroit 11

Boston 0

Now lets talk about the Bullpen:

Boston has a good setup man, not the best but good. They also have a great closer who is also an unproven rookie closing for them who could choke when the pressure is really on late in the season.

Detroit has an aging but good closer. They also have 2 really good setup men. One throws over 100 consistently and the other one has one of the best changeups in baseball after coming at you with mid to high 90's heat.

So to conclude, your point about the best defense in baseball is just awful, Boston is not even close to the best defense. They do have a good closer and setup man, but not that much better (or better at all) than Detroit. I will give you that they have a great offense. Just look at some stats before you try to prove something.

Defense is not just about not allowing scoring, it is about defense(fielding) Pitching affects scoring. I do not contend that they have great starting pitching.

Boston has the BEST FIELDING percentage in MLB.

Look it up.

They have gone 15 straight games w/o an error, a Boston record. :smokin

And offensively, they have the best on base percentage in all of baseball.

This team is coming together and by seasons end they will be untouchable. You have to remember that they have a whole new infield this year, and to have 0 errors for 15 games is just unbelievable.

Wallace ²
07-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Defense is not just about not allowing scoring, it is about defense(fielding) Pitching affects scoring. I do not contend that they have great starting pitching.

Look it up.

This team is coming together and by seasons end they will be untouchable. You have to remember that they have a whole new infield this year, and to have 0 errors for 15 games is just unbelievable.

I dont know about you, but I would rather give up 1.2 runs per game less and commit more errors.

One more thing to add to this Boston debate. Why in the hell would they even consider picking up Jason Johnson? It should be a clue when Detroit, at the time, was mediocre at best and didnt resign him.

DallasFan
07-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Boston, blah, blah, blah....the Tigers are on fire...then there's the White Sox...

Das Texan
07-06-2006, 08:09 PM

Look it up.

the left side of the infield though have been playing together for a few years though ;)

07-06-2006, 09:04 PM

Minny will need a miracle to even sniff the WC. They play horrible ball on the road and their 3, 4, 5 starters blow...

They fattened up on the weak NL...

DallasFan
07-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Minny will need a miracle to even sniff the WC. They play horrible ball on the road and their 3, 4, 5 starters blow...

They fattened up on the weak NL...

I agree...The Rangers couldn't even stay with the NL teams...now I'm going to see the Twins and Rangers tomorrow night...

Jimcs50
07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Boston takes first game in series against their only real competition for the AL championship, Chicago 7-2 last night. Big Papi goes yard once more to take the lead over Thome for most HRs, 30-29.

DarkReign
07-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Boston takes first game in series against their only real competition for the AL championship, Chicago 7-2 last night. Big Papi goes yard once more to take the lead over Thome for most HRs, 30-29.

You seriously think the ChiSox are your only competition in the AL?

Youre outta your mind....blind homerism can be detrimental to your health....your bullpen is one injury away from flushing the season...

Marklar MM
07-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Tom Hanks was at the Tigers game with a Tigers hat. Rather wierd if I may say so.(Unless he is a Tiger fan)

Beat Chicago 2-1. Zumaya with the win.

FreshPrince22
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Tom Hanks was at the Tigers game with a Tigers hat. Rather wierd if I may say so.(Unless he is a Tiger fan)

Zumaya = Beast. And yea, it's still weird to see anyone but Detroit homers sporting their Tiger gear proudly.

Burn531
07-20-2006, 03:13 PM

Him and Ron Howard were at the Reds and Pirates game also. They must be doing a trip to every ballpark trip over the summer.

Marklar MM
07-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Him and Ron Howard were at the Reds and Pirates game also. They must be doing a trip to every ballpark trip over the summer.

Nah. The announcers said they were in Cincinatti for filming or something like that.

sa_butta
07-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Good game today. Ive been a Tigers fan for years its nice to have something to cheer about.

07-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Hanks, Howard and Miller are taking a bus to every park in the Majors.

Marklar MM
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Hanks, Howard and Miller are taking a bus to every park in the Majors.

OoOoOoOoOoO...I wanna join them.

DarkReign
07-21-2006, 09:40 AM
http://www.undercovertourist.com/united-states/michigan/detroit/attractions/img/l/detroit-tigers.jpg

Marklar MM
07-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Tigers are in first for power rankings finally.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/powerranking?season=2006&week=17&preview=true

G0D
07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Tigers are in first for power rankings finally.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/powerranking?season=2006&week=17&preview=true

tigers deserve that spot no doubt.

their pitching is nastier than a Mark Cuban sex tape

Marklar MM
07-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Only God could live through that.

DarkReign
07-22-2006, 09:28 AM
tigers deserve that spot no doubt.

:vomit: :vomit:

tsb2000
07-22-2006, 11:41 AM

He made his MLB debut on Thurs and hit a home run. I know that because it sailed right over my head. I was in the 3rd row of the left field bleachers, but he hit it about 10-12 rows back.

Hopefully, the DBacks have the Grimsley problem behind them for good now. They've won 8 of their last 10, and are now 1 game behind the Padres for in the NL West.

I've got no notions the DBacks will win the world series, but it would be nice to see them back in the playoffs. :)

resistanze
07-23-2006, 11:06 PM
:elephant Jays shat all over the Yanks. Too bad their offense won't carry them to the postseason.

slayermin
07-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Suddenly the Twins are within four of the Wild Card. Interesting series starts tomorrow night between the Twins and the Chisox.

T Park
07-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Im not gonna toot the Cardinals horn, they are only 8-2 since the all star break.

But heres things i've noticed from this team, that is different from past.

The lineup isn't the "gauntlet" like it was in 2004.

Its more a lineup of scrappers.

Guys like Spiezeo, Miles, Eckstein, Encarnacion, Duncan,

These guys are different in that, they scrap claw and fight.

If Mulder can come back and pitch like he did pre all star break 2004. This team wins the National League pennant.

Its really the Cards and the Mets,and the Cardinals pitching might be better than the Mets.

I don't know what it is.

THeres just something about this team, that , I can't put my finger on, that it seems like they are better than the past two years.

The Bullpen talent wise, isn't as good.

The rotation is prob equal.

The batting order is definately not as good.

But, it seems like they are doing more with what little they have, and they have a never say die attitude.

World series champs?

Most doubtfull. But I like the Cardinals are winning with youngsters like Duncan, Reyes, Wainwright, Pujols, Rolen, Molina, and others.

Like I said, theres just something there.

Doubt they can beat the Tigers, or Red Sox, but what the hell, give it a shot.

jochhejaam
07-30-2006, 08:10 AM
After the first 100 games the Tigers were one of only 4 teams in baseball history to have won at least 67 (67-33) of them, with the last team to do it being in 1946 (according to news articles).

They've won both games since then and stand at 69-33. Mind boggling since they went 43-119 (tied a record for most losses) in 2003.

Minnesota was red hot entering this series have gone 34-8 over its last 42 games. With losses to Detroit in the first 2 games the records over the last 44 games are 34-10 for the Twins and 33-11 for the Tigers.

(thought some might be interested in these facts :) )

leemajors
07-30-2006, 09:31 AM
minnetonka is coming on strong, the wild card race in the AL should be crazy. will be crazy in the NL too, but the teams aren't as good.

JamStone
09-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Today, with clinching a playoff spot, and the Yankees and Mets losing, the Tigers have regained the best record in all of baseball.

Nice day to celebrate for Tigers fans who have waited 19 years to see the Tigers play a playoff game.

Nice time to resurrect this thread even though it has become apparent that the Tigers have not played the best baseball over the last month or two.

Tigers fans will take the best record with six games to go.

Baseball is back in Detroit. It's really been a fun summer.

Pistonfan1
09-24-2006, 05:20 PM
People need to not sleep on the White sox. They are very much in the playoff race and I have a gut feeling the twins are gonna falter and the white sox get in. Watch!! :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

Marklar MM
09-24-2006, 06:03 PM
People need to not sleep on the White sox. They are very much in the playoff race and I have a gut feeling the twins are gonna falter and the white sox get in. Watch!! :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

Sox suck. Twins will be in.

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Unless something crazy happens and Houston gets back in the playoffs (I really don't know if they still can as of today), I want either the Tigers or the Padres to win the World Series.

leemajors
09-24-2006, 10:05 PM
stros with too little, too late. :/

Horry For 3!
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
It'll be the Yankees, Tigers, A's, Twins comin from the AL.

It is still close in the NL though. 'Stros 3.5 back from Cardinals, Dodgers 1.5 back from Padres.

JamStone
09-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Phillies still have a chance in the NL.