PDA

View Full Version : The unbelievable ignorance of Mark Cuban!

dav4463
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I heard this on the radio today. I don't know if it has been previously brought up here, but it won't hurt to hear it again.

He actually said this !!!! He said that PJ Carlisimo is always going to the scorer's table and talking to the referees. He said, "he's ten times worse than me!"...He said Carlisimo is probably the one who told the NBA what Terry did !!! Hello......dumb ass cuban.......last time I checked, PJ is a coach! You are not ! A coach has the right to talk to the referee and go to the scorer's table. An owner has the right to sit on his ass in the stands and shut the hell up!

Also, if you see a crime being committed, shouldn't you tell the police? In Cuban's small mind, he thinks it's ok to do wrong as long as you don't get caught. He is the #1 reason why I hate that team!

JHoLove
05-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, Cuban sucks. Does it make you feel better to say that 2481094120489215 times? :rolleyes

E20
05-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, Cuban sucks. Does it make you feel better to say that 2481094120489215 times? :rolleyes
Chea

Leetonidas

Slightly.

SPARKY
Damn, a coach talking to the refs. Imagine that. Only owners are allowed to do that.

PM5K
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
It makes me feel better...

Actually he doesn't suck, but I'm dissapointed to see that he is a total Mavs Homer, I guess that's ok since he owns the team...

SA Gunslinger
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, Cuban sux big burro ballz.

belac2006
05-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Well said Dav4463, I agree 100%.
I also heard Cuban say today on the news that Finley should get suspended
because he INTENTIONALLY landed on Terrys head, what an absolute idiot!!
Finley never even touched the guy.

Phenomanul
05-18-2006, 11:04 PM

I root for all Texas Teams...

but Cuban has made me dislike the Mavericks beyond compare... he is upthere with my dislike for Karl Malone and Phil Jackson...

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 11:05 PM
There is a lot of Cuban bashing going on in the suspension thread. Did we really need to start another one?

beachbarbie948
05-18-2006, 11:07 PM
I root for all Texas Teams...

but Cuban has made me dislike the Mavericks beyond compare... he is upthere with my dislike for Karl Malone and Phil Jackson...

wow i dislike Mark Cuban about 14547598437598437 more times than Phil Jackson lol

dav4463
05-18-2006, 11:34 PM
There is a lot of Cuban bashing going on in the suspension thread. Did we really need to start another one?

As far as I'm concerned, you cannot possibly bash cuban enough !

Want some more? Cuban is the obnoxious fat little kid in school that always has snot running out his nose that nobody likes who has no friends and can't get a date. One day he got lucky and made billions of dollars and became the obnoxious frat guy who gets all the girl's with his daddy's money.

Shank
05-18-2006, 11:40 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you cannot possibly bash cuban enough !

Want some more? Cuban is the obnoxious fat little kid in school that always has snot running out his nose that nobody likes who has no friends and can't get a date. One day he got lucky and made billions of dollars and became the obnoxious frat guy who gets all the girl's with his daddy's money.

You know nothing about him. Read how he made his money and everything he went through. To say he "got lucky" is just ignorant.

E20
05-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Cubans success story wasn't lucky. Mark Cuban was big with software and he sold his company just at the right time.

dav4463
05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
That was kind of "tongue in cheek" you know! I know he is a good businessman.

I sent him an email though after game four and asked him why he doesn't seem concerned about the poor officiating when he gets the calls at crunch time. He says he only wants it fair for both teams..

His reply was, "I guess you weren't complaining when Spurs got all the calls in game one!"

He doesn't want it fair for both teams, he wants it slanted his way.

Shaolin-Style
05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
you know i gotta wonder if cuban ever actually tries to play on the mavs one day or actually takes over the coaching job after years of losing

DDS4
05-18-2006, 11:48 PM
You know nothing about him. Read how he made his money and everything he went through. To say he "got lucky" is just ignorant.

He's a pretty saavy businessman. That part of him I'm impressed with.

His involvement with basketball is less than stellar.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-18-2006, 11:49 PM
OMG PJ told on Terry, how could he do that to him? This isn't kindergarden... (not that Cuban has any evidence to back that up any way)

Even if that's what happened, how is that any worse than any of the tapes Cuban's team of ex-refs put together and send into the league office? Didn't he do the exact same thing when Horry "bit" Stackhouse?

PM5K
05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
OMG PJ told on Terry, how could he do that to him? This isn't kindergarden... (not that Cuban has any evidence to back that up any way)

Even if that's what happened, how is that any worse than any of the tapes Cuban's team of ex-refs put together and send into the league office? Didn't he do the exact same thing when Horry "bit" Stackhouse?

Yes he did:

The Mavericks believe Horry bit Stackhouse during the scuffle, which Horry denied. Replays showed Horry possibly biting Stackhouse's arm.

"We saw it and are on it," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told The Dallas Morning News. "We will send it into the league, and I'm sure he will be suspended."

So let's stop with the Mavs fans coming in and acting like their team is holier than thou.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Yes he did:

The Mavericks believe Horry bit Stackhouse during the scuffle, which Horry denied. Replays showed Horry possibly biting Stackhouse's arm.

"We saw it and are on it," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told The Dallas Morning News. "We will send it into the league, and I'm sure he will be suspended."

So let's stop with the Mavs fans coming in and acting like their team is holier than thou.

The hipocracy, homerism, idiocy, and mean-spiritedness is mesmerizing.

jmard5
05-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Cuban doesn't even know what a pile driver is.

TMTTRIO
05-19-2006, 12:07 AM
how about that Manu flopping tape he played on the jumbotron not too long ago. He's just an idiot. Someone on another forum was listening to ESPN 103.3 he was on and he said something like "We are gonna kick their ass all the way back to that ugly-ass mud hole they call a River Walk. What they consider their main attraction is something I wouldnt touch." It's not like Dallas is any better. I really hope we're able to beat them badly.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Yes he did:

That's a pretty good quote, but clearly you must be missing something. When Cuban does it he's righting a incredible wrong, getting retribution for one of the greatest injustices the world has ever known.

When PJ Carlesimo (allegedly) does it he's just being a whiny tattletale. Makes sense to me. :)

J.T.
"There's not going to be a fan in [the American Airlines Center] that doesn't believe we can't send that team back to that ugly ass muddy water Riverwalk."

Cuban soundbite on SportsCenter. City smack. Weak.

Trainwreck2100
how about that Manu flopping tape he played on the jumbotron not too long ago. He's just an idiot. Someone on another forum was listening to ESPN 103.3 he was on and he said something like "We are gonna kick their ass all the way back to that ugly-ass mud hole they call a River Walk. What they consider their main attraction is something I wouldnt touch." It's not like Dallas is any better. I really hope we're able to beat them badly.

Please tell me you're kidding

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2006, 12:10 AM
"There's not going to be a fan in [the American Airlines Center] that doesn't believe we can't send that team back to that ugly ass muddy water Riverwalk."

Cuban soundbite on SportsCenter.

I hope if there is a game 7 they play that soundbite on the tron, cause it's bullshit for him to attack a city.

TMTTRIO
05-19-2006, 12:11 AM
I don't know if it's true or not but with his big mouth I have no problem hearing him say something like that. What a jerk. This is great locker room material and I hope the Spurs come out pissed about this. I want to send him on his way crying home.

RC's Boss
05-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Like that muddy ass Trinity ditch, uh I mean river with the bums pitching tents!

RC's Boss
05-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I just heard him say it on ESPN right after Pop said Finley got punched in the family jewels!

E20
05-19-2006, 12:13 AM
I saw on ESPN like a mintue ago Cuban saying that he and I quote "thinks there is nobody who doesn't believe that the Mavs will kick there butts so hard all the back to that muddy ass swamp they call a riverwalk."

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2006, 12:14 AM
I saw on ESPN like a mintue ago Cuban saying that he and I quote "thinks there is nobody who doesn't believe that the Mavs will kick there butts so hard all the back to that muddy ass swamp they call a riverwalk."

For some reason, that pisses me off to no end.

LilMissSPURfect
05-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I hope if there is a game 7 they play that soundbite on the tron, cause it's bullshit for him to attack a city.

we can give him first dibs to the MURKY WATERS :eyebrows :eyebrows :eyebrows :eyebrows :eyebrows

Shank
05-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Defend your tourist attraction!

SPARKY
05-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Defend your tourist attraction!

You're right. Texas Motor Speedway is the flycatcher supreme for Okies.

dav4463
05-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Just got an email back from cuban responding to my earlier email to him telling him PJ is a coach, you're not.

He sent back, "it is against the rules for a coach to approach the scorer's table. period. end of story."

email him www.blogmaverick.com

SA Gunslinger
05-19-2006, 12:19 AM
You're right. Texas Motor Speedway is the flycatcher supreme for Okies.

And not to mention they are in the heart of tornado alley.

RC's Boss
05-19-2006, 12:22 AM
No loop like S.A. and HOU which makes for shitty traffic even on the weekends!Lots of strip joints though!

RC's Boss
05-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Plus you have to drive 5-15 damn miles to find a store that sells BEER!

E20
05-19-2006, 12:24 AM
For some reason, that pisses me off to no end.
Well wasn't I a bit late. :lol

SPARKY

It's rather humorous when Cuban talks shit.

Trainwreck2100
Listen to me

NO FUCKING CITY SMACK

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2006, 12:25 AM
No loop like S.A. and HOU which makes for shitty traffic even on the weekends!Lots of strip joints though!

Strip joints:tu

RC's Boss
05-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah they even have HOU beat! Nice girls and those w/ bullet wounds! How ever you like it!

tetasfromtejas
05-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Oh the smallcock boy definately said it. Another classic example of his obsession with SA. He may be business savvy doesn't mean he has common sense.

How rude, childish, petty and just downright disgraceful. he definately talks out of his huge smelly hairy ahole.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Here's the actual Cuban quote:

"Would we rather have Jason there? Of course," Cuban said. "There's not going to be one fan in there that doesn't believe that we can kick their butt all the way back to that ugly-ass, muddy-watered thing they call a Riverwalk."

Spurzilla
05-19-2006, 01:43 AM
It's all just a distraction. The Spurs have seen this before -- remember the Sonics last year? Ray whining about Bruce... players defiantly talking smack and saying they give the Spurs "no respect," etc.? Our guys are smart enough and experienced enough not to get caught up in all of it. It's time to stay poised and just go play basketball. If the Mavs want to be distracted... led by their cheerleader Mark Cuban.... let them.

dav4463
05-19-2006, 01:55 AM
It's all just a distraction. The Spurs have seen this before -- remember the Sonics last year? Ray whining about Bruce... players defiantly talking smack and saying they give the Spurs "no respect," etc.? Our guys are smart enough and experienced enough not to get caught up in all of it. It's time to stay poised and just go play basketball. If the Mavs want to be distracted... led by their cheerleader Mark Cuban.... let them.

very well said !

pache100
05-19-2006, 07:55 AM

Only a little. What would really make me feel better is if Cuban would just shut his frickin' pie hole. For once.

Actually, I know quite a bit about him and his story. I used to admire him and did some research. He and Jeff Bezos were two of my alltime favorites in the business world. I still respect Cuban's business savvy, although I would no longer say I admire him. He's all that when it comes to making a buck. Doesn't stop him from being a total asshole as a person, though.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Have I mentioned that I hope the Mavs never win a title with cuban as owner?

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Just got an email back from cuban responding to my earlier email to him telling him PJ is a coach, you're not.

He sent back, "it is against the rules for a coach to approach the scorer's table. period. end of story."

email him www.blogmaverick.com

Funny how he is so good about quoting chapter and verse of the rulebook when it is in his advantage. Did you send him a response telling him about the thrown punch automatic suspension?

What a bitch. He may be a great businessman who took advantage of the incredibly overblown dot-com market (selling broadcast.com for 57 times annual sales!) but as an owner he needs to keep his mouth shut once in a while. I cannot imagine the NBA being at all happy about the city smack.

BTW did anyone else notice Pop's quote about not needing to put motivational posters up to get the team fired up? Guess what's plastered all over the Mavs practice facilities? You got it, motivational slogans, "not in our house," crap like that. Been there for years. Every time the Dallas TV stations show something from there, I think "what is this, high school ball?"

caŽlo
05-19-2006, 08:23 AM
well see whos glaring in the end.

END OF DISCUSSION

fyatuk
05-19-2006, 08:25 AM

G4TV did a fairly interesting episode of Icons on Mark Cuban...

Just thought I'd throw that out there ;)

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2006, 08:33 AM
He also said that "if" it was a punch that Jason Terry "didn't get his money's worth"...

No way he doesn't get a huge fine for that one...

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Here's the actual Cuban quote:

"Would we rather have Jason there? Of course," Cuban said. "There's not going to be one fan in there that doesn't believe that we can kick their butt all the way back to that ugly-ass, muddy-watered thing they call a Riverwalk."

Maybe he'll dress up in a chicken costume next. :rolleyes

kalikot_boy_kr
05-19-2006, 08:54 AM
i suspect dirk will suspended at game 7 too....its funny!!! hahahhaha!

nkdlunch
05-19-2006, 08:57 AM
He's the devil's son.