PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young = the next Akili Smith.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm callin it now bitches.

Horry For 3!
05-18-2006, 11:11 PM
:lmao

Dunc
05-18-2006, 11:23 PM

Agreed.

fyatuk
05-18-2006, 11:26 PM

The next Donovan McNabb... without the choking though :P

Pistons < Spurs
05-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Agreed.

Ditto

...he may be a little bit better than that...but not much

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2006, 12:41 AM
shyarightdah
vince will be a pimp

Mr Dio
05-19-2006, 07:46 AM
The next Donovan McNabb... without the choking though :P

:lol

2centsworth
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Did Akili tear it up in college like Vince did?

The only similarity is that they're both black.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Akili is also known for 250 yrds passing and 200 yrds rushing against the greatest college football team of all time including a game winning touchdown for a BCS national title.

Loose Cannon
05-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Wow, this is a reasonable comparison.

After all, they have plenty of similarities.

- Akili Smith is not mobile, Vince Young is
- Akili Smith did nothing in college, Vince Young did
- Akili Smith does not have the heart of a champion, Vince Young did
- Akili Smith was not the Maxwell award winner or the Heisman runner-up, Vince Young was
- Akili Smith did not win a national championship, Vince Young did
- Akili Smith was an average quarterback and workout warrior who saw his stock rise meteorically after a great combine. Vince Young is not.

Oh, but wait, they're both black.

So I agree, they obviously are the same player.

You're an idiot.

IceColdBrewski
05-20-2006, 12:09 AM
He'll be out of the league in 5 years.

mookie2001
05-20-2006, 12:40 PM
so even if he fails at qb, not one team would try him out as a receiver

Cant_Be_Faded
05-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Vince Young will be the first of his kind in the nfl. He'll have plays called for him as a receiver, a running back, and make plays himself as a quarterback. He will be the first player to dominate at multiple positions.

:smchode:

sorry senors

chode_regulator
05-20-2006, 01:35 PM
this thread sucks
agreed
icb continues to prove how little knowledge he has of sports

Mr Dio
05-20-2006, 02:29 PM
agreed

:lol

IceColdBrewski
05-21-2006, 12:06 AM
agreed

:rolleyes

Keep talkin out yer ass Longhorn homers. Young will not be the Hall of Fame QB you jockriders think he's going to be.

IceColdBrewski
05-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Double Post

IceColdBrewski
05-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Vince Young will be the first of his kind in the nfl. He'll have plays called for him as a receiver, a running back, and make plays himself as a quarterback. He will be the first player to dominate at multiple positions.

Before or after he walks on water?

mookie2001
05-21-2006, 03:47 PM
why do you hate vy so much brewski?, he is criticized more than hyped, and hype is just hype anyway

did you bet on colorado to cover in the big12 title game?

Mr Dio
05-21-2006, 03:57 PM
why do you hate vy so much brewski?, he is criticized more than hyped, and hype is just hype anyway

did you bet on colorado to cover in the big12 title game?

Nahhhhh, never.
The HOUSE never loses. :lol

Chris
05-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Forgive Brewski - knows absolutely nothing about football and is an Eagles fan.

Duff McCartney
05-22-2006, 11:18 AM
It's funny that nobody who is a Longhorn homer could ever conceive the possibility that Young could be a bust in the NFL.

I personally don't think he will, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

fyatuk
05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
It's funny that nobody who is a Longhorn homer could ever conceive the possibility that Young could be a bust in the NFL.

He definitely could be a bust. It depends on how good his coaches are at teaching him the NFL game and if they structure the offense to HIS game instead of making him play something he's not suited for (like Mike Vick the last several years).

I think he'll be good though.

2centsworth
05-22-2006, 01:35 PM

He absolutely could be a bust, but comparing him to Akili Smith when the only similarity is the color of their skin is flat out ignorant. If you want to discuss football great, but lay off the bigotry.

Ballcox
05-22-2006, 04:35 PM
This is funny as hell coming from an Eagles fan, someone who's used to seeing his team choke at critical times. As for Vince? He's the fucking MAN, flaming out like Akili Smith? You've got to be fucking kidding me, Vince is going to re-write how the QB position is played.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-26-2006, 03:25 PM
He will be a chode among chodes.

koopa
05-26-2006, 09:45 PM
i love when ppl hate on vince, he makes y'all look stupid everytime he steps on the field in college, and it won't be no different in the nfl

mookie2001
05-26-2006, 10:25 PM
but with that side arm motion, every one of his passes will be batted down, sure he led the nation in "passing efficiency", but the average lines in the nfl are 5-10 inches taller

Extra Stout
05-29-2006, 12:14 PM
but with that side arm motion, every one of his passes will be batted down, sure he led the nation in "passing efficiency", but the average lines in the nfl are 5-10 inches taller
How did Uncle Rico do in the NFL?

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 01:52 PM
icb is so wrong even Martha Stewart wants to fire him!!!

Vince Young has the tools necessary to throw the deep ball and also play the game similar to Michael Vick. Because he is going to the Titans and under Jeff Fisher's system, he'll be groomed to be just as good as Steve McNair was in his career only more durable.

All Young has to do is put up DECENT numbers and he'd have a decent career.

Even if icb was right on being out in five years, with the way the CBA is structured for current players in their retirement pension plan, Young would receive a minimum of $100k once he gets out and that's at the five year level. Players being vested are not set for three years. If he goes beyond the five year mark, Young could see upper six figures just from his NFL pension.

But multiple positions he will not be doing. Fisher is dedicated to making him a prolific quarterback in the league.

chode_regulator
05-29-2006, 06:01 PM

and its not out of the realm of possiblity that i walk across the street tomorrow and get hit by a bus. but i would venture to say its not going to happen. same as vy wont be a washout.

T Park
05-30-2006, 01:04 AM
"Tony Parker wont make the all star game or team. Book it"

Go look up how ICB did on that prediction too.

King
05-30-2006, 08:23 AM

5-10 inches taller? Are we making up stats now?

DarkReign
05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Dude, VY is going to do one of two things in the NFL:

a) Get the starting gig in his first year and perform reasonably to incredibly well.
b) Sit his first year, grab the reins his second, and perform reasonably to incredibly well.

This kid is a stud. I hate the Longhorns, but they arent even a national contender or pretender without Vince Young. He single-handedly took that program from 'kinda good' to 'fucking unbelievable' in 3 years. Now, back to mediocrity for you! :lol

Vince is going to own in the NFL. Worst case scenario, I see him as a little better or on par with Daunte Culpepper. Best case scenario, the sky is the limit.

Thats not a bad career, certainly not a disappointment.

Oscar DeLa
05-30-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't know what it is but Vince will put up some stats in Tenn

nbascribe
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM

Uh newsflash genius Fran Tarkenton had a 3/4 thowing motion that was technically 'side arm' and it didn't hurt his career. Marlon Briscoe wasn't as tall as Vince and yet he set the rookie record on tds AS A BRONCO with a bad throwing motion.

Oh and lest we not forget BRETT FARVE and his bad throwing motion. Joe Montana???

Anyting else your crystal ball wants to tell us about how bad Vince's throwing motion will be?

scott
05-31-2006, 06:35 PM
None of those gentlemen were legally retarded though.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Uh newsflash genius Fran Tarkenton had a 3/4 thowing motion that was technically 'side arm' and it didn't hurt his career. Marlon Briscoe wasn't as tall as Vince and yet he set the rookie record on tds AS A BRONCO with a bad throwing motion.

Oh and lest we not forget BRETT FARVE and his bad throwing motion. Joe Montana???

Anyting else your crystal ball wants to tell us about how bad Vince's throwing motion will be?

mookie was being sarcastic--the astute blogger wouldve realized that

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
None of those gentlemen were legally retarded though.

BOOOOOOOOMEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

johngateswhiteley
05-31-2006, 09:48 PM
i cannot believe i got banned on spursreport.com for this same topic. but yeah, vince young is going to suck in the nfl. i don't mean he'll be average, i mean he is going to suck.

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:42 PM

Bernie Kosar?

He's the first I think of when I hear "Side arm" throwing quarterback.

mookie2001
06-02-2006, 04:32 PM
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2006, 05:47 PM
But they're both of black skin types!!! And they both run faster than white quarterbacks!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2006, 11:29 PM
boom

mookie2001
06-29-2006, 03:26 AM
its funny because the less ypc ricky williams gets in the cfl, the more likely vince is the next akili smith

DallasFan
06-30-2006, 08:27 AM
:rolleyes

Keep talkin out yer ass Longhorn homers

Ah, ha...now we see your point of view.

Miss Cleo is a Longhorn hater... :lol

tlongII
07-13-2006, 02:06 PM
VY is going to crash and burn in the NFL. You have to make good decisions to be a good QB in the NFL and Vince doesn't do that. He was great in college because of his athleticism, but the athletes in the NFL will negate that. He is showing off the field by rolling with Pacman Jones and LenDale White and going to parties that he doesn't make good decisions. He will suck donkey wangs.

Mr Dio
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Will he be as big a bust as Pac-10 demigod ( :lol ) Joey Harrington?

tlongII
07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Will he be as big a bust as Pac-10 demigod ( :lol ) Joey Harrington?

Joey's career will look tremendous compared to Young's.

Full Court Pressure
07-13-2006, 09:07 PM
As a long time Cincinnati Bengals fan, there is no way that VY will be another Akili Smith. All of you know that Akili Smith was bad, but I don't think you understand what a truly awful player he was. Akili has only five touchdowns in his career. FIVE! David Freaking Klinger had 3 times as many TDs! When Dave Klingler owns you in some statistical category, there are not enough words to tell you how much you suck. If VY shows up in just one game during his career, he'll have enough statistics to be light years ahead of Akili.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
tlong still has boomer taste in his mouth after his team was DS'ed by some fast boomer action

cecil collins
07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
VY is going to crash and burn in the NFL. You have to make good decisions to be a good QB in the NFL and Vince doesn't do that. He was great in college because of his athleticism, but the athletes in the NFL will negate that. He is showing off the field by rolling with Pacman Jones and LenDale White and going to parties that he doesn't make good decisions. He will suck donkey wangs.
I am glad Tlong thinks so, because he is generally 180 degrees from what will actually happen.

Mr Dio
07-13-2006, 11:52 PM
No doubt.
TLong was one of many that had the pinpoint accuracy to pick USC over UT.
I think I'll have TLong make some picks & just go the other way.

In "A Bronx Tale" there was a guy named Eddie "Mush" who was always bad luck.
T-Mush!

Please TLong, tells us the Dallas Cowboys won't win any playoff games this yr & that UT won't be in the FIESTA Bowl in Jan '07.

Holmes_Fans
07-14-2006, 12:19 AM
LMAO! He doesn't make good decisions? You have as much football knowledge as you do on what a good ass looks like.

I know you didn't watch a single VY game except the rosebowl, so I'm pretty sure you didn't know that VY led the nation in passing effeciency and had over 3000 yards passing.

mookie2001
07-14-2006, 07:16 AM
No doubt.
TLong was one of many that had the pinpoint accuracy to pick USC over UT.
all the experts were picking usc!

marcus bryant
johnny blaze
brutalis
ginobili is god
scott
ahf
kori and timvp
icecold brewski
gtownspur

titans signed texas fullback ahmard hall too

solid pickup

DarkReign
07-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Mookie, if you could kindly provide a link to that statement in your sig by Melmart1, it would be very much appreciated.

gtownspur
07-15-2006, 04:16 PM
You know, Whorns fans can jinx VY by jock riding just like the Knobraska fans did to eric crouch's prospects.

Ofcourse anyone could see that crouch didn't have Nfl potential.

cecil collins
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Comparing Crouch to Vince? I'm gonna assume you were just making a point. Crouch was noodled armed, and a bitch. He quit because it was too rough playing WR. Never would make it as a QB. Guess it's tough leaving Lincoln a rockstar and realizing how average you are. Good option QB though.

Mr Dio
07-15-2006, 08:33 PM
VY will win a Super Bowl ring as a starter.
I don't know what yr but if the current coaches stay & draft as smart as they have then the time will come.
Can't wait til Chow has all his toys & unleashes them.
Not a huge Titans fan but that team is up n coming.

Billy Cobham
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
VY will never be able to learn the playbook. He's too dumb.