PDA

View Full Version : Salvatore?

greyforest
05-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Game 6 or game 7...when do we get him?

Shank
05-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I believe it was Bavetta for the Clips/Suns tonight. Could have Salvatore and Nies for Friday night.

LilMissSPURfect
05-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I believe it was Bavetta for the Clips/Suns tonight. Could have Salvatore and Nies for Friday night.

no problem! :angel we'll just send TIM to "TRAVEL" all over Nies.......
:lol :lol

J.T.
05-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Spurs are 5-1 against Salvatore this season, the loss was Game 3 against Sacramento that easily could have been a win. I don't get why everyone is freaking out about him. We just have to play well enough to make officiating a nonfactor. Fuck the refs, let's play some good basketball.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Don't worry in a unprecedented move we'll get Danny Crawford and two clones reffing the next two games. That's the beauty of the Spurs, Stern loves us so much he just gives us whatever we want. Conspiracy!!!111!!!!!1!1!!!1?

DDS4
05-19-2006, 01:47 AM
I don't care who it is. Swallow the whistles and let the two teams decide.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Sounds great in theory.
Entirely different animal as to whether it comes to pass or not.

whottt
05-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Spurs are 5-1 against Salvatore this season, the loss was Game 3 against Sacramento that easily could have been a win. I don't get why everyone is freaking out about him. We just have to play well enough to make officiating a nonfactor. Fuck the refs, let's play some good basketball.

Dude...Salvatore sucks and the regular season means nothing. You need to check out our playoff record in Salvatore reffed games. Start with the 0-1 from this year...

Some notable others:

Game 6 in SA VS the Pistons last year - Loss.

Game 1 VS Dallas in SA in 2003 - Loss. Mavs shoot 50 FT's. A strangely odd total for a the worst FTA team in the league.

Game 4 VS LA in 2003 - Loss. David Robinson fouls out in 14 minutes of play.

Honestly...in the last 4 or 5 years I am not sure if we've ever won a game Salvatore reffed that was after the 1st round of the playoffs.

And it's not just because we lose when he reffs either...

Danny Crawford is probably the favorite ref of Spursfans.....he reffed the .04 game.

Salvatore sucks. He's either a really bad ref or he's corrupt, but either way his games suck.

Bavetta is almost as bad...but I still have more bad memories of Salvatore than Bavetta.

Solid D
05-19-2006, 07:13 AM
The Spurs and Mavs haven't seen Jess Kersey yet. He's normally a regular in the playoffs.

True, they haven't seen Jack Nies in this series, either.

SpursStillTippin
05-19-2006, 07:43 AM

I AGREE 100%, lets not even give them a chance to screw us.

fyatuk
05-19-2006, 07:47 AM

Not likely to happen after the Terry incident. I imagine the Refs are going to try to "maintain control" or the situation. AKA whoever drives to the hoop the most is most likely going to win.

No settling for jump shots tonight please.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2006, 08:29 AM

What this guy said.. :smokin

FromWayDowntown
05-19-2006, 09:16 AM
The Spurs and Mavs haven't seen Jess Kersey yet. He's normally a regular in the playoffs.

True, they haven't seen Jack Nies in this series, either.

I think Jess Kersey is done calling games this season. Just a guess, but I think it's true.

My guess is something like 3 of Salvatore, Callahan, Nies, and Delaney since none of those guys have called a game in this series. But, I also wouldn't be surprised to see an official who called Game 1 or 2 of this series working tonight, which brings the possibility of Javie, Rush, and Danny Crawford all back into the mix.

SA210
05-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Screw Salvitore and any bad screwy corrupt bullshit they pull.

We need to blow them out.

dmac
05-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Sounds great in theory.
Entirely different animal as to whether it comes to pass or not.
passing that whistle would be a bitch, but you would whistle instead of farting for a couple of days!

:angel

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Here is the only Salvatore I want to see tonight:

http://www.thybo.net/ale/fotos/salvator.jpg
http://www.homebrewshop.com/labels/salvator.gif