PDA

View Full Version : Sean Marks

twincam
05-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Question....unless I'm missing something here...where in the hell is Sean Marks. He's perfect for a big man to play defense and great low post player to produce some offense, unlike Nash and "Butterfinger" Mohammad.

Bruno
05-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Question....unless I'm missing something here...where in the hell is Sean Marks. He's perfect for a big man to play defense and great low post player to produce some offense, unlike Nash and "Butterfinger" Mohammad.

That what you are missing : Marks is a poor defender.

twincam
05-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Rasho and Nazr are in that situation as far as defense goes. Sean is a better placement IMHO. Otherwise, use him like Dallas used VanHorn. Sure Van Horn pretty much fouled out of the game in no time...but Marks is a more efficient player. That's just my .02 cents. Why keep using the same combination when it's not really working, and surprise the Mavericks with activating both Sean and Beno...

Lose Van Exel, he's simlpy in the wrong team, period. He's hurting the Spurs, plain and simple. Use your other assets...It's just that simple.

Bruno
05-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Rasho and Nazr are in the same situation as well. Sean has better offense...he's a brute inside the paint...he's an underrated player...he is needed

Rasho and Nazr haven't a good matchup : their man2man defense is weak on this serie. Rasho has still his good team defense (shotblocking) but it's less effective against Dallas because he must follow Dirk on the perimeter.

Marks isn't a beast in the paint : he is mainly a jumpshooter and he isn't a great rebounder.

Our main trouble in this serie is that our bigs can't defend on Dirk.

missmyzte
05-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Sean is there, but he wasn't on the playoff roster so he won't be playing.

ObiwanGinobili
05-19-2006, 08:53 AM

yeah, thats what I thought. thanks. :fro

genghisrex
05-19-2006, 08:58 AM
use him like Dallas used VanHorn
As a lucky charm for the other team?

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 09:07 AM

Are you sure about this? I thought it was Sanders that was taken off the roster. Marks has been the inactive guy (or so I thot).

EDIT: Answered my own question. According to insidehoops.com (http://www.insidehoops.com/playoffs-rosters.shtml), Marks is on the Spurs' playoff roster.

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Are you high? :smokin

Drive Like Jehu
05-19-2006, 09:51 AM
I believe Marks is on the playoff roster; but is currently injured.

ploto
05-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Marks is on the 13-man play-off roster but only 12 suit up for each game. The choice has been not to suit up Sean- no surprise. I get a kick out of the notion that we will be saved in the play-offs by a guy who only got to suit up for three entire seasons when someone got hurt- Love ya' Sean, but you're not the answer.

twincam
05-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Well the current line up we're using is not the answer either.