PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the stats ?

nzkickass
10-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone had a link to the stats from the games today?
i heard shaq got 17 pts and 7 rbs in 22 mins.

missmyzte
10-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Did you check nba.com?

http://www.nba.com/games/20041010/MIAHOU/boxscore.html

nzkickass
10-11-2004, 01:39 AM
cheers mate.

timvp
10-11-2004, 02:04 AM
"He looks real skinny. He's much better. He runs better and he jumps better. He's tougher this year because he's in such great shape right now."

"Shaq is about 30 or 40 pounds lighter. He's even more dominating. His defense is even going to be better this year."

Oh, damn. An in shape Shaq makes any team a championship contender.

If Shaq is at the top of his game, the road to the Finals goes through Miami.

T Park
10-11-2004, 02:22 AM
good for Miami.

When they get someone outside of Wade and Shaq that can play ball, then Ill believe that they are a championship contender.

xcoriate
10-11-2004, 04:03 AM
Are you kidding me T Park, the lakers won championships with Shaq, Kobe and not much else. Shaq plus one other is enough to win a championship.

boutons
10-11-2004, 07:28 AM
But a Wade is not a Kobe, so Shaq+Wade is a lot less powerful.

And Miami getting Shaq cost Miami some key players. Under a coach who coaches, it will take Miami some months, maybe all season, to work together. Until then, I expect they will be very beatable, just like Championship-less Orlando/Shaq was.

xcoriate
10-11-2004, 07:37 AM
Boutons

1. Shaq is far more motivated than he was at LA

2. Kobe > Wade is correct, but as stated above Shaq is in far better physical shape and mentally is on a platform he has never been on.

3. Of course they will be beatable, all LA teams are beatable, Miami is beatable. The spurs are beatable.

Under a coach who coaches, it will take Miami some months, maybe all season, to work together.

They will make the finals and by this stage should have worked out any problems. If they are still having problems come finals they don't have a chance.

It could also be argues that Shaq and Kobe never "worked together" (at least to there full potential) yet they still managed to win the championship.

However all being said I think Shaq is a force to be reckoned with, particually this season, as he is dedicated and motivated.

SLOVENIAN 8
10-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Shaq plus one other is enough to win a championship.

But not with MIAMI! :lmao

http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010410111021220-2-0-3-1.jpg

xcoriate
10-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Obviously its a good idea to underrate every contending team?

I'm just stating that Miami potentially could run for the championship, the championship is not ours as some have been blindly proclaiming. Anything can happen. Injuries being the main concern.

It is not wise to write teams off before the begining of the season.

Phenomanul
10-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Boutons

It could also be argued that Shaq and Kobe never "worked together" (at least to there full potential) yet they still managed to win the championship.

That can't be argued because in 2000 after being swept by the Spurs in '99 they were so hungry they put their differences aside.... You could tell by the way that team functioned.

P.S. don't forget that It was always Shaq+Kobe+Phil..... Phil's influence and tactics can not go by the wayside. And players like Horry, Fisher and to some extent Fox and Harper and Shaw knew their roles around the Shaq and Kobe duo. That also, can not go by the wayside... Miami has no such role players.

ShoogarBear
10-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Shaq couldn't win a championship with Penny Hardaway at the top of his game, who was better than anyone he ever has or will play with other than Kobe.

For Shaq to win he needed Kobe + Phil. Anything less and he was a ready-made sweep in the postseason.

I just don't buy the assumption that he's going to go deep in the playoffs.

BronxCowboy
10-11-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't think that Shaq alone can carry a team deep in the playoffs, or even Shaq and Wade without help. But I think it's silly to pretend that Miami is riding on the performance of Shaq and Wade alone. Eddie Jones is still a key contributor, and several of their other guys have shown some potential. How far they make it depends on who steps up and how much.

nzkickass
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Don't forget about Eddie Jones, i think that Shaq + Wayde + Jones will be lethal. But only time will tell.

Shaq couldn't win a championship with Penny Hardaway at the top of his game

Shaq has a lot more experiance now, and Jordan was still around then winning championships wasn't he ?

Useruser666
10-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Shaq had 5 fouls in 22 minutes? Eddie Jones has 0 points in 25 minutes? Just an exhibition numbers I guess.

timvp
10-11-2004, 02:19 PM
If Shaq stays healthy, he is going to destroy the East. Wade is going to be a superstar and they have some good role players. The only team in the East that can stop a healthy Heat team is the Pistons.

If the Spurs face the Heat in the Finals, they'd be in for a war.