PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Lose

PeterBurns
05-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Despite Missing Terry, this brings the Mavs closer together.

Stackhouse will score 25

The Spurs refuse to go big, and allow Dallas to shoot above 50% again.

Dirk will be on fire.

Duncan can't put up a similar performance.

It will come down to another last second play. And yet again the Spurs don't pull it off.

Dallas 106
Spurs 98

Big Pimp_21
05-19-2006, 10:05 AM
thank you, Peter.

Shank
Cool...a last second 8 point play would be interesting.

austinfan
Worked last time. Let's hope your mojo is good for another one.

ShoogarBear
05-19-2006, 10:08 AM
(Shhhhhh! Don't mention the "m" word.)

Why, you traitor, you dare call yourself a Spur fan!!!!! A hex on ye!!!!!
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiflipoff.gif http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiflipoff.gif http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiflipoff.gif

Ban this heathen!!!!

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Anything is possible.

I wonder if we'll see a record number of shots from the charity stripe by the Mavs. That would totally SUCK ASS!

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Dallas 106
Spurs 98

Wow, that must be one hell of a "last second play" :lol

1Parker1
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Cool...a last second 8 point play would be interesting.

:lol

spur219
05-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Duncan will have a 40+points and 18+rebound game today

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2006, 10:14 AM
:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff and have a nice day.

pache100
05-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Despite Missing Terry, this brings the Mavs closer together.

Stackhouse will score 25

The Spurs refuse to go big, and allow Dallas to shoot above 50% again.

Dirk will be on fire.

Duncan can't put up a similar performance.

It will come down to another last second play. And yet again the Spurs don't pull it off.

Dallas 106
Spurs 98

...just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water...http://i4.tinypic.com/104f6ls.gif

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Duncan will have a 40+points and 18+rebound game today
on 100 % shooting :lol

LEONARD
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I think Marquis Daniels gets to show more of what he can do tonight...he should be running the point some and I expect him to get 15+ pts. He's slick around the basket...

Tonto
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
pale face peter bring shame to spurs talk

rack pale face spurs
http://www.jimwegryn.com/Names/Tonto.jpg

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I think Marquis Daniels gets to show more of what he can do tonight...he should be running the point some and I expect him to get 15+ pts. He's slick around the basket...
I think Terry's gap will be easily filled since you guys got a lot of quick young guys capable of pitching in points, so I don't think any of us fans (don't really expect the players will after underestimating Harris in game 2) should relax about it.

In any case I expect more of the same in game 6..both teams battling each other...damn if I weren't a young guy--I'd def be worried about my heart as a fan after 4 of these games.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-19-2006, 10:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to all of you mavs fans!. you are toilet tissue paper! u booed finley, punch finley, what comes next? i think dirk will be suspended too at game 7.... hahahhaha!

kalikot_boy_kr
05-19-2006, 10:47 AM
to peter: spurs 120 - mavs 100>>>>> mark my words<<< :elephant

Crookshanks
05-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Even the national sports guys are saying that the Mavs are in trouble. Jason Terry has been huge for them and they've been so used to playing with him.

BTW - they are also saying that if the Spurs get game 6 - there is NO WAY Dallas will win a game 7 in San Antonio. BELIEVE!!

dmac
05-19-2006, 11:06 AM
who is the dude in your avatar and what jersey is he wearing?

<VBSEG>

Shank
05-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Even the national sports guys are saying that the Mavs are in trouble. Jason Terry has been huge for them and they've been so used to playing with him.

BTW - they are also saying that if the Spurs get game 6 - there is NO WAY Dallas will win a game 7 in San Antonio. BELIEVE!!

None that I've seen have said that. All of the guys on the ESPN broadcast last night were saying that Dallas still wins the series, regardless.

FromWayDowntown
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
In recognition of Mark Cuban's frustration over the Terry suspension, lead offical Jack Nies gives Tim Duncan a technical foul before tip-off for demanding to squeeze the ball. On the tip, Duncan makes contact with Diop, is called for a flagrant 2 foul and is ejected and assessed a second technical foul on his way off the floor. Having shot 4 free throws by the 11:58 mark of the first, the Mavericks hit a 3 on their first full possession. They steal the inbounds pass and hit another 3 and are up 10-0 at the 11:50 mark. Through a series of consecutive possessions, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Michael Finley, Brent Barry, and Beno Udrih all "bump into" Nies bringing the ball up the floor. Each is called for a technical and immedately ejected by Nies. After making each technical free throw, the Mavs sink a three and get the and-1. At the 9:00 mark of the first, the Mavericks are up 37-0. From that point, the Mavericks blast through the Spurs defense of Nick Van Exel, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen, Nazr Mohammed, and Fabricio Oberto for 35 consecutive layups. The Spurs end up miraculously shooting 50% for the half, but go in at halftime trailing 97-35. Though they mount a ferocious 3rd quarter effort, sparked by the unleashed fury of Rasho Nesterovic, the Spurs get no closer than the 107-55 score at the midpoint of the 3rd. Behind D.J. Mbenga's 25 4th Quarter points, the Mavericks score 141 and win by 50.

PeterBurns
05-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Sorry Kids. I mean it this time.
MAVS have to win this game. Or it's over.

Dirk will go off. And the Small ball will send the Spurs on vacation.

Just can't play to their level, and that's what the Spurs will do.
The team is too old and tired to pull another off.

It was a good season.
Best of Luck Mavs.

Dallas 106
Spurs 98

kris
05-19-2006, 11:25 AM
If Peanut Butter Peter Burns says it, it's got to be true.

LEONARD
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM

Why would anybody say that??

Game 1 - came down to final shot
Game 2 - Mavs blowout
Game 5 - came down to final shot

I think the Mavs have shown they can play in SA just fine...

tlongII
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Sorry Kids. I mean it this time.
MAVS have to win this game. Or it's over.

Dirk will go off. And the Small ball will send the Spurs on vacation.

Just can't play to their level, and that's what the Spurs will do.
The team is too old and tired to pull another off.

It was a good season.
Best of Luck Mavs.

Dallas 106
Spurs 98

Excellent analysis. Very well written.

PeterBurns
05-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Excellent analysis. Very well written.

That is why I have a radio show. With gems like this. How can it not be magic

Dallas 106
Spurs 98

tetasfromtejas
05-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Avery Johnson is the COY I'm sure he can draw up that 8 point last second play. All he has to do is look at the refs

PeterBurns
05-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Lord. I apologize in advance for the several hundred profanities that I will utter tonight.

I do not truly believe that any of the refs actually fornicate with their mothers. But I know I will accuse them of that later tonight.

I do not truly believe that any of the Mavericks actually fornicate with their mothers, but I know I will accuse them of that later tonight. (Expect Dirk, I think he is a MOTHER%##$#$)

I also know that Avery Johnson is a good Christian man, and does not deserve being called a son of a Female dog.

Please forgive me, for I will be drunk.

Victor Newman
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
That is why I have a radio show.

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/images/horn800.jpg

Extra Stout
05-19-2006, 12:05 PM
The Mavs' rage at the perceived injustice will motivate them to torrid shooting and inspired defense.

Mavs shoot 65% in the first half and cause 14 Spurs turnovers. They lead 71-36 at the break and cruise to a 121-79 win to close out the series. Popovich and Duncan both get ejected.

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 12:06 PM

LOL...There IS a reason Daniels is coming off the bench, and not very often, at that.

15 Plus...?
Are you:drunk
:lmao :lmao

Islymore
05-19-2006, 12:32 PM
LOL...There IS a reason Daniels is coming off the bench, and not very often, at that.

15 Plus...?
Are you:drunk
:lmao :lmao

i dont know... Marquis stepped it up his first year in the playoffs... hasnt been too sound this year... but he's been streaky like that all year.

Im not too certain how confident I am with Marquis as a player - 'specially runnin point... but... dammit if somebody needs to step up.. he better be one of the ones who does.

his turnover prone self... STUPID JET, JUST STUPID!!

i dont know if the spurs will walk away with a win or if the mavs will walk away with a win... i think this game will come down to small ball and who's more effective with D. the spurs have been good, but not great like of old. the mavs have been okay, but not good when it matters. so i doubt either team will win this one with D. i hope it is equally called, im sick of that being an excuse from Mavs/Spurs fans altogether.

I dunno. This game got me all excited and ready to leave work. Im still tryin to get some good tickets thru my connect. Lets hope he can come thru... If not... guess Ill just party at my house with my ppls. :drunk :smokin

I say a nice 10 pt minimum win from whoever wins.

Nbadan
05-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey look, it's the lowest combined scoring game of the series, and who wins?

Find out tonight.