PDA

View Full Version : "ten points on the playoffs"

Rummpd
05-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Some about the Spurs - see (all can open):

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_17420.shtml

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Dr. Rumm, I believe you are using "sublime" incorrectly (and fairly consistently as of late).

sub·lime adj.
1. Characterized by nobility; majestic.
a. Of high spiritual, moral, or intellectual worth.
b. Not to be excelled; supreme.
3. Inspiring awe; impressive.
4. Archaic. Raised aloft; set high.
5. Obsolete. Of lofty appearance or bearing; haughty: “not terrible,/That I should fear... /But solemn and sublime” (John Milton).

I believe you are saying the scheduling is the pits, in which case "sublime" does not seem to apply.

Rummpd
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
It can also be used this way, in more of perogative way (but will edit story and use another favorite = inane!)

Actually edited and changed to "surreal".

By the way, are you an English professor*
? :elephant :blah

My mother was one, and between her and my dyslexia, I do the best I can!

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Good read, Dr.

Elton Brand is a MONSTER. I wish the Spurs had made some kind of run at him. Could you imagine? He is like a Malik Rose, a smaller guy who COULD play center, only Brand is like 100x more atheletic than Malik.

CubanMustGo
05-19-2006, 11:24 AM
It can also be used this way, in more of perogative way (but will edit story and use another favorite = inane!)

Actually edited and changed to "surreal".

By the way, are you an English professor*
? :elephant :blah

My mother was one, and between her and my dyslexia, I do the best I can!

I do some very minor sportswriting on college football, but make no claims to being a professor of anything.

Good article and I hope your predictions come true ... w/possible exception of the Cavs series.

DDS4
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Good read, Dr.

Elton Brand is a MONSTER. I wish the Spurs had made some kind of run at him. Could you imagine? He is like a Malik Rose, a smaller guy who COULD play center, only Brand is like 100x more atheletic than Malik.

Brand is like another 7 footer because he can block shots too. 2.5 bpg this season.