PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone think Duncan was done?

Spursfan21
05-19-2006, 10:59 AM
After watching Duncan this season, he wasn't looking that good at all, he had injury problems, yet he was playing through all of it, and i even heard people saying that it was the age finally getting to him, and his injuries would keep him from being MVP Duncan for the rest of the year. I also believed in this too, i figured if we were going to be carried by anyone it would be Parker since he was pretty much carrying the whole team throughout the season while Duncan had career low numbers.

But then the playoffs come around and what do we see, it's almost the old mvp Duncan, the one who can't be stopped by really anybody, during the season he could be slowed down by pretty much any big man, now he's making Diop and Dampier look silly here in the playoffs, it certainly caught me by suprise, he's getting 30 points a game and it's coming easily to him, that with some success of both Parker and Ginobili.

It has been crazy to watch him score the way he has been lately, of course we've lost the last 3 games up until last night but that's mainly because of Dallas' offense, the Spurs' offense has looked tremendous as well, had the Spurs been playing like this against any other team we would have seen blowouts. I expect the rest of the series to be close, and i expect Duncan will have another 30 point perfomance the next game.

Anyone think he was done or did anyone expect him to step up like this in the playoffs?

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I didn't think he was "done" per se, but I'm not really surprised by his massive production in this series. The "paper lion" Mavs have never had an interior presense. At least they have a somewhat better interior "D" than they had when they had Bradley, a.k.a. "the praying mantis".

DDS4
05-19-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm sure you can pull old threads during the 2nd half of this season. Lots of peeps were saying Duncan is done or on the downward trend of his career.

jman3000
05-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I won't even begin thinking that Duncan is done until at least 4-5 more seasons. When I say done I don't mean no longer being a 20 something points, double digit rebounds kinda player, I mean that he is no longer producing enough to warrant his minutes... which IMO is very, very, very far off.

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2006, 12:36 PM
That 12 for 12 streak was absolutely sick. If I was a Mavs fan I would have been screaming at Diop and Dampier and throwing shit at the TV.

mgtptdmvp
05-19-2006, 12:51 PM
i knew he wasnt done. he just wasnt getting enough touches and he was in hibernation mode. TP was carrying the team during the easy season but now its really time for the superstars to come out and play. Tim needs another big one tonight.

go spurs go

smeagol
05-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Many soft Spur fans thought he was done.

Poor suckers!

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 01:22 PM
I thought all along that even though Tim was playing, they were pretty much putting it on Tony and Manus shoulders to do the bulk of the work.

Tim still spread the floor, so they could take over, but at the same time, he could take it kind of easy out there.

I never believed Tim was "done". He has at least 3 or 4 more great years in him.

With a full summers rest to get that foot completely healed, we should see the Tim of old come November.

Mavs_man_41
05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I didn't think he was "done" per se, but I'm not really surprised by his massive production in this series. The "paper lion" Mavs have never had an interior presense. At least they have a somewhat better interior "D" than they had when they had Bradley, a.k.a. "the praying mantis".

aka the praying mantis lmao :lol im so glad the guy retired.....

TimFan
05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I never think he is done. The reason he didn't shine enough in the regular season is probably because of the injure in one hand, and the other hand he really doesn't mind TP gets the opportunities to outsand and make an All-star. But in the playoffs, when Spurs need him to carry the team, he just did it and we see the monster TD. I am not suprised. To be honest, sometimes I feel kind of sad at watching him running on the court and not getting a few touches in the games of the regular season. For me, TD is still in the shape of a franchise player of this team.

E20
05-19-2006, 01:52 PM
IMHO I thought Duncan wouldn't be this dominating in the playoffs.

Basketball Jones
05-19-2006, 01:56 PM
He wants it for his little girl.

z0sa
05-19-2006, 02:58 PM
isnt her name shelby?

"she'll" be duncan? lol

thekingrobert
05-19-2006, 04:19 PM
no i didnt and if u go look at my post history it proves it. like i said before he was taking a lot of jumpshots in the season to avoid the banging to be healthy for the playoffs