PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate NASCAR Day, Friday 19 May 2006

pache100
05-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Ferrell wishes fans 'Happy NASCAR Day'

http://i4.tinypic.com/104geqd.jpg
Will Ferrell celebrates with fans at Talladega

Today is NASCAR Day, the sport's largest annual charity event, and fans across the country are celebrating NASCAR and donating to a great cause at the same time.

http://i4.tinypic.com/104gex3.jpg
Steve Harwell, lead singer of the rock band Smash Mouth, sells NASCAR Day pins in Las Vegas.

For only a five dollar donation, fans receive a commemorative NASCAR Day pin, and are encouraged to wear it to work today with pride. Will Ferrell, the 2006 official spokesman for NASCAR Day, will be celebrating as well. "Happy NASCAR Day!" said an enthusiastic Ferrell. "I'll be wearing my NASCAR Day pin today with pride."

This year, more than 3,000 corporate locations are participating in NASCAR Day, and over 100,000 pins have been sold online. In addition, 27 Governor's Offices have declared May 19 as NASCAR Day in their home states.

Building on past years of collecting photos from across the country, The NASCAR Foundation is introducing the NASCAR Day Fan Photo Contest this year to encourage fans to capture their celebrations and enter their photos online for a chance to be crowned "Most Enthusiastic NASCAR Day Fan" or "Most Enthusiastic NASCAR Day Company."

The digital photos must be uploaded at www.nascar.com/foundation no later than May 23, to be eligible to win a promotional helmet signed by several NASCAR Nextel Cup Series drivers. For information on the contest, rules and regulations, visit www.nascar.com/foundation for details.

It's still not too late to participate in NASCAR Day. Pins are available at all SunTrust bank branches, at select Wilson's Leather stores across the country and at www.nascar.com/nascarday.

Here are some snapshots of what is going on across the country in celebration of NASCAR Day:

• Lincoln Heights Elementary School in Charlotte, N.C., is celebrating in a big way with show cars, NASCAR Drive-for-Diversity drivers, and a morning packed with NASCAR events, lessons and tours of the cars and haulers.

• Employees at SunTrust branches across the Southeast celebrate NASCAR Day by getting their customers involved. All branches sell NASCAR Day pins, making it easy and convenient for fans to donate and receive their pins.

• At the Coca-Cola headquarters, located in Atlanta, Ga. the company has purchased pins for all of their employees, wishing them Happy NASCAR Day when they arrive at the office.

• Freightliner will be celebrating NASCAR Day at their headquarters and at all of their plants across the country.

• At Leapwood Elementary School in Los Angeles, Calif., the third, fourth and fifth graders welcome NASCAR Day with show cars and even a state proclamation declaring today NASCAR Day. Students will be able to participate in racing simulators, getting the feel of a real race car.

Nesterofish
06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
bump