PDA

View Full Version : Austin Watch Party

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
I've heard that here in Austin, the mavs "fans" have way outnumbered the SPURS fans at the local watering holes. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG HERE?!
I want all SPURS fans to show up tonight and take back the city!
I'll be at Ringers on 4th and Colorado (downtown). I've got 4-6 people so far (non-SpursTalk members). I'm getting there at 5:45 -6:00 to get a table and I think it'll be C R O W D E D, seeing as how it's Friday night and all.

If you don't make it there, go out somewhere and TAKE BACK THE CITY FOR THE SPURS. I know for a fact that Posse East (29th and Duval near UT) is infested with wannabe frat boy mavs "fans." Just pic a bar and show up in your best silver and black and show this town what it's all about!

LET'S GO GET 'EM TONIGHT!!!

Budkin
05-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Never been but from what I understand Ringers is a mostly Spurs crowd. But yes, I often come across shit talking Mavs fans in this town whenever I go out to watch a Spurs-Mavs game.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Come Austin! Post Here Where You Will Be Watching The Spurs Tonight! I Want This City To Wake Up Tomorrow With A Big Silver And Black Eye!

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
It's going to be so crowded tonight, people will be watching the game from the urinals on the tiny LCD screens

spurastic
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Good to hear that there are Spurs fans in Austin and organizing a GTG. We have already made plans to go to SA to watch the game tonight but wouldn't mind attending future Austin game nights GTGs. If you organize any future GTGs, post again. The Spurs will win this series!!!Go Spurs Go!!!!!

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
It's going to be so crowded tonight, people will be watching the game from the urinals on the tiny LCD screens

At Ringers? I've never been but I'll be there 2.5 hours before tipoff so I'm hoping to get a table.

austinfan
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
On any other game night, ordinarily I'd join you, but I'm going to be so freaked out about this game, that I'm probably only going to be able to follow it on CBS Sportsline or through the blog here. I'm such a wimp that way. I'll only turn on the TV if the Spurs get a 8+ lead.

Budkin
05-19-2006, 02:31 PM
On any other game night, ordinarily I'd join you, but I'm going to be so freaked out about this game, that I'm probably only going to be able to follow it on CBS Sportsline or through the blog here. I'm such a wimp that way. I'll only turn on the TV if the Spurs get a 8+ lead.

Man I know how that is. I have really bad anxiety and these huge games used to be hell for me to watch. The Finals practically did me in last year. I've just been through a lot of tough shit though (dad passing away being one thing) and now it just doesn't seem to affect me as much anymore, though I'm still a little nervous. Either we'll win, or we won't. One thing I know though is that it's way easier for me to watch the games with a bunch of other people than it is alone.

Sek-cMan
05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
i live in san antonio, but i will be in Atown tonight. Austin still has that stupid smoking ban right?

Vashner
05-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Most clubs in Austin have a deck or something no?

I went to some club "cedar street" and they where smoking like a mofo outside.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
So this is why SPURS fans are being outnumbered!!! PATHETIC! Get you asses to Ringers tonight DAMMITT! :lol

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austinfan
05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Man I know how that is. I have really bad anxiety and these huge games used to be hell for me to watch. The Finals practically did me in last year. I've just been through a lot of tough shit though (dad passing away being one thing) and now it just doesn't seem to affect me as much anymore, though I'm still a little nervous. Either we'll win, or we won't. One thing I know though is that it's way easier for me to watch the games with a bunch of other people than it is alone.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. And thanks for reminding me about perspective: I follow the games so intently, but another part of me knows it is just a game after all. Even if the Spurs lose tonight, in the end they're still guys tossing a ball into a basket for millions of dollars, so we should just enjoy it for the entertainment and escape that it is.

IX_Equilibrium
05-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Good thread.

Hope you have a big crowd repping the Spurs tonight.

ATX Spur
05-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't go to the Double Daves on Duval. That place closes at 10 now.

Apparently they don't want business!

Sek-cMan
05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
4th and Colorado? Isn't that the warehouse district? Spagetti warehouse and what not ..In that area?..I haven't been down there since the lizard lounge...How close is it Ruta maya?

leemajors
05-19-2006, 04:29 PM
4th and Colorado? Isn't that the warehouse district? Spagetti warehouse and what not ..In that area?..I haven't been down there since the lizard lounge...How close is it Ruta maya?

ringers is right next to the downtown alamo drafthouse. it used to be a salsa club called manuel's i believe... right over by spaghetti warehouse. it's a block or two from where ruta maya used to be - they moved to a location on south congress or oltorf or something. it's still a coffee shop though.

leemajors
05-19-2006, 04:31 PM
i live in san antonio, but i will be in Atown tonight. Austin still has that stupid smoking ban right?

the smoking ban rules. it's only a matter of time before most big cities have it.

Sek-cMan
05-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Cool beans.. i know exactly where a salsa bar named "Miguels La bodega" was.. It was on 4th. I now there is a bar on 3rd and congress manuels .. Looking at the mapquest i think i can find it. I will likely make it that way tonight. Thats for the heads up though.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Cool beans.. i know exactly where a salsa bar named "Miguels La bodega" was.. It was on 4th. I now there is a bar on 3rd and congress manuels .. Looking at the mapquest i think i can find it. I will likely make it that way tonight. Thats for the heads up though.

Sweet!. Way to show up. Come on Spurs Fans! Let's Go!!!!!!!!

Trifecta
05-19-2006, 04:44 PM

Bud -- sorry to hear about your dad!

I almost lost mine last week -- major surgery with another still to come (still in ICU and not out of the woods yet)!

I was reflecting on how B-ball is just a game in light of what's really important in life -- family, friends, and life itself!

Anyway -- I STILL MAY HAVE TO WATCH THE GAME ON YAHOO GAMECAST, because my nerves are shot! I may have to record the game and watch it later after the Spurs win and will be moving to a game 7!!! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Yup, Ringers Sports Bar is now occupying Miguel's old spot (between the crappy sushi joint and a Cuban restaurant). I may join you guys tonight to beat down some of those Maverick fratboy punks.

MissAllThat
05-19-2006, 04:52 PM
the smoking ban rules. it's only a matter of time before most big cities have it.

I like the smoking ban too. Its nice to come home at 3 or 4 am and be able to go straight to bed without having to go shower 5 times because you smell like a ball of smoke.

As for Austin, it was taken over by Mavs fans a long time ago...at least the UT campus was. All the little fratties are Mavs fans. It's the cool thing to do, and plus Mark Cuban is like the king fratty. If you go anywhere that is popular among the UT crowd, expect lots of Mavs fans. That being said, I'm sure places close to campus like Pluckers, Players, and Posse East will be packed with them. If you want to annoy little frat boys who think they are cool. Those are the places to go.

leemajors
05-19-2006, 04:56 PM
i haven't noticed an untoward number of mav fans, then again i stay away from the campus area generally. all the mavs fans that work here at apple are low key, and just like to watch good games.

MissAllThat
05-19-2006, 09:04 PM
They're a little different on campus.