PDA

View Full Version : Let's pull a Mark Cuban.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Honestly, if we are playing against a team with an owner who constantly analyzes questionable officiating, we need to do the same thing in order to level the playing field.

If Cuban was truly out to eliminate referee bias, then he would be all over games 3 and 4, but since he is obviously NOT out to do that, someone on the Spurs' side needs to pick up the reins.

We need someone to look at the fourth quarter of games 3 and 4 and record all of the bail-out calls by referees. There are 4 or 5 blatant calls against spurs during these quarters. Correct me if I am wrong on any of these...

Game 3 has these phantom calls:
"Tripping" on Barry
Duncan "blocking foul" for getting stepped on by Dirk

Game 4 has these phantom calls:
Bowen "blocking foul" by getting shoved by Dirk's off-arm 3 times
Duncan "blocking foul" by getting charged by Dirk outside of the charge arc

What we need (and I don't have, unfortunately) is someone with TiVO or something similar with those games recorded to take frame-by-frame pictures these "fouls" and create series of pictures, and we need to popularize them. A bizarro-world example: if Cuban owned the Spurs, don't you think he would be FUCKING APESHIT about this?

Well we need to be too, but we need to actually do something about it.

RealEstateDude
05-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I dunno but isn't it to late???

Melmart1
05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Who cares anymore? Those games are over. Time to focus on Game 6.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:14 PM
uhhh if we lose game 6 we will have all damn summer to "care about it"

Melmart1
05-19-2006, 04:15 PM
And act like sore losers when NOTHING will be done about it? Instead of pulling a Cuban, why don't we NOT SINK TO HIS LEVEL.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I never understood why the league even bothered to take those tapes from Cuban. I mean they supposedly do a really thorough job of monitoring their own officiating mistakes, so why not just throw Cuban's shit in the garbage where it belongs?

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 04:19 PM
uhhh if we lose game 6 we will have all damn summer to "care about it"

It sounds like you expect the Spurs to fail and want to have excuses to complain about. Screw that.

Believe.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:20 PM
And act like sore losers when NOTHING will be done about it? Instead of pulling a Cuban, why don't we NOT SINK TO HIS LEVEL.

ok, go ahead and hold on to your foolish pride while unfairly losing.

nothing will be done to change the outcome of the series, no, but at least everyone can see what amazing officiating we had in 3 and 4.

if spurs can pull out this game 6 then i will be beside myself - we will have conquered the mavs, the refs, AND cuban.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Absolutely. Mark Cuban has complained after every loss against the Spurs since he's owned the team. It's nothing new. If the NBA and the officiating crews want to reward him for that, then the NBA is doomed.

spur219
What do you mean. Cuban whine.

That punch was a reaction not an action.

That quote is a classic.

Obstructed_View
ok, go ahead and hold on to your foolish pride while unfairly losing.

nothing will be done to change the outcome of the series, no, but at least everyone can see what amazing officiating we had in 3 and 4.
If the Spurs played defense, the officials couldn't change the outcome of the game.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:22 PM
If the Spurs played defense, the officials couldn't change the outcome of the game.

what, like when tim posted up outside of the charge circle and nowitzki charged him?

that was fantastic defense, and the officials sure did change the outcome of it didnt they? :rolleyes

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Ok, so the score is:

Spurs: 2
Mavs: 1
Refs: 2

It's time for the Spurs to take matters into their own hands.

ducks
05-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Time To Move On And Kick That Mav Ass

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:28 PM
What do you mean. Cuban whine.

That punch was a reaction not an action.

That quote is a classic.

I can't believe you guys are still bitching. Jason Terry's not playing..and you got extremely lucky with that bogus shit!!! But stop talkin trash about Cuban before he buys that piece of crap you call the ATT center and turns it in to a Dallas Mavericks trainig facility!!!

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:29 PM
i guess no one cares enough to do this.

we are all wishing on the spurs pulling out the wins in game 6 and 7. two games they wouldn't even be playing if refs were fair.

if they lose though, do think about it. holding on to your pride is going to be hard when mav fans will flood the forums by spewing bullshit all over it, and you know that your team got fucked by the refs. there's extremely pertinent video evidence of this if anyone cares is all i'm saying.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:29 PM
And in all honesty...this series should already be over with a Dallas sweep if it wasn't for that "great bear-hug" defense in game 1. Bowen sucks!!

Melmart1
05-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I can't believe you guys are still bitching. Jason Terry's not playing..and you got extremely lucky with that bogus shit!!! But stop talkin trash about Cuban before he buys that piece of crap you call the ATT center and turns it in to a Dallas Mavericks trainig facility!!!

Spurs fans wouldnt be bitching about it still if trolls like you weren't here to try and refute it. If you don't like to read Spurs fans opinions on a SPURS BOARD, then I am kindly suggesting you scroll through it, don't open the thread or simply leave. :)

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 04:31 PM
we are all wishing on the spurs pulling out the wins in game 6 and 7. two games they wouldn't even be playing if refs were fair.

Wow, you've already booked your fishing trip, haven't you?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that quote said something else, the first time I saw it.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:31 PM
And in all honesty...this series should already be over with a Dallas sweep if it wasn't for that "great bear-hug" defense in game 1. Bowen sucks!!

And in all honesty...this series would be 4-1 with a Spurs win if it wasn't for that "fair officiating" in games 3 and 4. Refs suck!!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:32 PM
what, like when tim posted up outside of the charge circle and nowitzki charged him?

that was fantastic defense, and the officials sure did change the outcome of it didnt they? :rolleyes
Um, I meant playing defense for the entire game, genius. That call only becomes as important as it does because the Spurs are allowing a conga line to the hoop for the other 47 minutes of the game.

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 04:34 PM

I hear a sound coming from the American Airlines Center...What is it?

"Hello darkness, my old friend,
Ive come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence."

greyforest
Wow, you've already booked your fishing trip, haven't you?

what did i say in that quote that pisses you off?

are you not wishing for games 6 and 7 to be won by spurs?

Tony-Go MAVS
Face it...that was not suspension worthy. If this would have happened to Ginobili you guys would be flooding that "merky, muddy thing you call the riverwal"-Mark Cuban (the great) Did ya'll catch that on ESPN???

Melmart1
05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
City smack is WEAK!!

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Um, I meant playing defense for the entire game, genius. That call only becomes as important as it does because the Spurs are allowing a conga line to the hoop for the other 47 minutes of the game.

hey genious, i just pointed out how incredibly wrong your statement about "refs not being able to change the outcome of the game if we played defense" is. if you would have said "spurs should have played awesome defense the entire game and been up 15" then i wouldn't have said that, but you didnt.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Spurs fans wouldnt be bitching about it still if trolls like you weren't here to try and refute it. If you don't like to read Spurs fans opinions on a SPURS BOARD, then I am kindly suggesting you scroll through it, don't open the thread or simply leave. :)
There's plenty of spurs fans on the Mavstalk.com. So I thought I would come over here and take up for the Mavs. And I'm loving every bit of it!!!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Face it...that was not suspension worthy. If this would have happened to Ginobili you guys would be flooding that "merky, muddy thing you call the riverwal"-Mark Cuban (the great) Did ya'll catch that on ESPN???
Since when is a closed fisted punch not suspension worthy? It's right there in the rulebook. I don't even think it has to land in order to draw a suspension.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
There's plenty of spurs fans on the Mavstalk.com. So I thought I would come over here and take up for the Mavs. And I'm loving every bit of it!!!
And you are the best they could find? Talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight. Son, you brought a spoon.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
what did i say in that quote that pisses you off?

are you not wishing for games 6 and 7 to be won by spurs?

Unless I misread it, the original text I saw said something about people putting all their eggs in one basket -- the Spurs winning. Which sounded defeatist.

If it never originally said that and I just made a mistake, I apologize.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:39 PM
City smack is WEAK!!

City smack is weak??? If you were a real fan of the Spurs...you would have seen the bobbleblog on spurs.com. They were bashiing our city...it was actually pretty lame. They bashed our Six Flags, our old arena, Texas stadium...I don't know why they did that because aren't the Cowboys san antonio's second favorite team?? FROM DALLAS??? Wow, I thought so. Find a new football team. Sorry about that Saints thing....maybe one day.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:41 PM
And you are the best they could find? Talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight. Son, you brought a spoon.

From the looks of it...it seems I'm actually doing a good job. I think I'm getting under your skin.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:42 PM
hey genious, i just pointed out how incredibly wrong your statement about "refs not being able to change the outcome of the game if we played defense" is. if you would have said "spurs should have played awesome defense the entire game and been up 15" then i wouldn't have said that, but you didnt.
Hey "I can't spell 'genius' nor can I capitalize", all you did was point out how badly you misunderstood my statement. If I have to spell everything out for you in little bites so you don't get overloaded, I'll pass.

Of course I meant the entire game when I said "play defense" I'm willing to chalk it up to a misunderstanding before this degenerates any further.

Hook Dem
05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
What are you...........Cuban's illigitimate son? Do you just repeat anything he says or are you capable of some new smack? :ban:

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 04:44 PM

No there's not. There's not even many Mavs fans on that lame-ass excuse of a forum.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:44 PM
From the looks of it...it seems I'm actually doing a good job. I think I'm getting under your skin.
With the weak shit you bring? Hardly. You don't even qualify as a troll.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey "I can't spell 'genius' nor can I capitalize", all you did was point out how badly you misunderstood my statement. If I have to spell everything out for you in little bites so you don't get overloaded, I'll pass.

words words words.

look:

you have to amend your original statement to make it mean what you meant it to. i can't read your mind buddy!

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Look at my other comments...just like a spurs fan...not thinking or looking for the facts before they speak!!!

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Face it...that was not suspension worthy.

It's suspesion worthy, even if he had missed. NBA rules.

Mavs fans need to direct their anger at "JET".

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:48 PM
you have to amend your original statement to make it mean what you meant it to. i can't read your mind buddy!
I have to anticipate that you are going to think that "playing defense" means doing it for a single play and hoping for a call? It meant exactly what I meant it to. I can't believe a Spurs fan doesn't know that "playing defense" when applied to the Spurs means the gameplan. Smallball has completely fucked up your memory.

Extra Stout
05-19-2006, 04:49 PM
It's suspesion worthy, even if he had missed. NBA rules.

Mavs fans need to direct their anger at "JET".
It wasn't a punch. It was an attempted closed-fist handjob. He was trying to be friendly. Mark Cuban should know. He is the expert.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 04:49 PM
With the weak shit you bring? Hardly. You don't even qualify as a troll.

OK then...tell me why you think that your team can win tonight and I'll tell you why not. My shit's not weak, don't start hating now!! That's how good we are, we're going to win by a minimum of ten points even without our second highest scorer. That little stunt that Popo-zit pulled yesterday with that tape is all that we needed to finish you guys off tonight. You started it and we're going to finish it.

SAGambler
05-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Hey slick...Even your coach says it wasn't bogus.. Also understand according to Terry, he got a earfull from AJ for pulling that stunt...

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 04:53 PM
That's how good we are, we're going to win by a minimum of ten points even without our second highest scorer.

The only way the Mavs win by 10 is if Mark Cuban is announced as tonight's special guest referee.

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 04:54 PM
OK then...tell me why you think that your team can win tonight and I'll tell you why not. My shit's not weak, don't start hating now!! That's how good we are, we're going to win by a minimum of ten points even without our second highest scorer. That little stunt that Popo-zit pulled yesterday with that tape is all that we needed to finish you guys off tonight. You started it and we're going to finish it.

You know what's really gonna suck for you guys? Another year where your NBA title aspirations are, yet again, dashed by the Spurs.

And, to think, your team was up 3-1.

CHOKE!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I just read all 16 of your posts and not one of them has anything coming close to a fact. This is your longest post so far. Let's just take a little sampling:

You think that throwing a punch is completely acceptable, even though the rulebook states that a suspension is mandatory.

WEAK and completely wrong.

The Spurs send a tape of a punch to the league. Mark Cuban sends tapes to the league after every single loss, yet you accuse the Spurs of pulling "a stunt".

WEAK and hypocritical.

You say your team is going to win by double digits because Jason Terry got suspended.

WEAK and completely nonsensical.

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:55 PM
I have to anticipate that you are going to think that "playing defense" means doing it for a single play and hoping for a call? It meant exactly what I meant it to. I can't believe a Spurs fan doesn't know that "playing defense" when applied to the Spurs means the gameplan. Smallball has completely fucked up your memory.

words words words.

look at this, and actually read it please:

your original statement was vague. i gave an example of the spurs playing defense and the officials changing the outcome of the game from it, something you said COULDN'T happen. you had to amend it to make your point (spurs playing defense the entire time and having a huge lead from it)

all i was doing was calling out your vague statement. now that we are both on the same page, let's stop bitching and start flaming the mav trolls! :fro

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 04:56 PM
The only way the Mavs win by 10 is if Mark Cuban is announced as tonight's special guest referee.

Oh shit!

http://www.thedallasmavericks.com/web_images/cuban_ref.jpg

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:57 PM

lmao my coach didn't do anything with any tape fucktard

what about your owner? oh yeah thats what this threads supposed to be about too.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh shit!

Dammit! I jinxed the whole thing! :depressed

greyforest
05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Oh shit!

oh man imagine how impartial that officiating would be. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
OK then...tell me why you think that your team can win tonight and I'll tell you why not.

I'm already on record saying the Spurs won't win tonight because small ball won't be able to overcome the officiating. You complimented me for posting it. Do you actually read anything? That's the first step in becoming an effective troll.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 05:01 PM
all i was doing was calling out your vague statement. now that we are both on the same page, let's stop bitching and start flaming the mav trolls! :fro
I agree. As I said 20 posts ago, misunderstanding. Moving on...

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I just read all 16 of your posts and not one of them has anything coming close to a fact. This is your longest post so far. Let's just take a little sampling:

You think that throwing a punch is completely acceptable, even though the rulebook states that a suspension is mandatory.

WEAK and completely wrong.

The Spurs send a tape of a punch to the league. Mark Cuban sends tapes to the league after every single loss, yet you accuse the Spurs of pulling "a stunt".

WEAK and hypocritical.

You say your team is going to win by double digits because Jason Terry got suspended.

WEAK and completely nonsensical.

Should he have been fined? yes Suspended .....no. Do I really need to go back to the Reggie Evans example? IT's game 6, it wasn't legitimate and if the shoe was on the other foot you would be crying.

As far as th Mark Cuban thing....your arguments weak. You probably heard that on your spurs radio or something.

And theres no way you're walkin out of the AAC tonight with a win. No way. YOu guys are done. We have plenty of other weapons. Does "deepest bench in the league" mean anything to you??

greyforest
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Does "deepest bench in the league" mean anything to you??

yes, it means quite a lot to us since we have it.

ALVARORTIZ
05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
We Have The Heart Of Champions, We May Not Have Gotten Those Calls, But We Got The Most Important One Of The Series. No Jason Terry In Game 6. Thats Why We Are Champions We Play Right, We Play Fair, And We Win. And When We Loose We Move On, Not Dwell.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 05:09 PM
yes, it means quite a lot to us since we have it.

Now you're jus talking non-sense. Dont leave me anymor messages after that. Go study your 2005-2006 NBA stat book and then think about writing back. You guys are old. YOur "dynasty" ran into a speed bump this year. Just that start of a hated rivalry.

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Should he have been fined? yes Suspended .....no. Do I really need to go back to the Reggie Evans example?

Unfortunately, since it's has never happened before, there is no standing rule about grabbing another players sack.

I'm sure they will add it to the ruleboook after this season.

There is a VERY CLEAR rule about throwing a punch, whether it lands or not. So, take your Cubanesque logic elsewhere, Jr.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
We Have The Heart Of Champions, We May Not Have Gotten Those Calls, But We Got The Most Important One Of The Series. No Jason Terry In Game 6. Thats Why We Are Champions We Play Right, We Play Fair, And We Win. And When We Loose We Move On, Not Dwell.

play fair?? Yeah right. One name. Bruce Bowen. Everyone except spurs fans can't stand this guy.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Now you're jus talking non-sense. Dont leave me anymor messages after that. Go study your 2005-2006 NBA stat book and then think about writing back. You guys are old. YOur "dynasty" ran into a speed bump this year. Just that start of a hated rivalry.

The Spurs bench was old when they beat you back in 2003, too.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Should he have been fined? yes Suspended .....no. Do I really need to go back to the Reggie Evans example? IT's game 6, it wasn't legitimate and if the shoe was on the other foot you would be crying.

As far as th Mark Cuban thing....your arguments weak. You probably heard that on your spurs radio or something.

And theres no way you're walkin out of the AAC tonight with a win. No way. YOu guys are done. We have plenty of other weapons. Does "deepest bench in the league" mean anything to you??

Reggie Evans didn't punch anybody. Period.

Mark Cuban is on record saying that sending tapes to the league is good for the officiating and he does it as much as he can.

The biggest weapon for the Mavericks is the fact that Rasho and Nazr are sitting on the bench. The Spurs have a glimmer even without them just because the Mavs are so soft, despite the ridiculous calls the Mavs get at home.

Also, that "deep bench" is now starting. The Mavs bench contributed twelve points in the last game, ten from Stackhouse. You'd better be praying that the Spurs bench continues to produce 5.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 05:17 PM
It's not a rivalry yet. The Mavs still haven't won anything.

Crookshanks
05-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Should he have been fined? yes Suspended .....no. Do I really need to go back to the Reggie Evans example?

AGAIN - THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY!! David Stern has said that if he hadn't been on an airplane when the Reggie Evans incident was being addressed, he would've insisted on a suspension.

SO STOP BRINGING IT UP AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHY TERRY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED!!!

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I'll stop bringing that up if you stop crying about the refs in the previous games. You hypocrites!!!!!

ducks
05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
get out

DarrinS
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
who here has 200k bones to cover the game tonight?

I DO! I DO! And you don't, so there.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2005/02/07/cuban_mark250.jpg

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
You guys are just jealous that we have an owner that's also a die hard fan. Who even owns the Spurs??? Santa Anna??

Carie
05-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Should he have been fined? yes Suspended .....no. Do I really need to go back to the Reggie Evans example?Go study your 2005-2006 NBA RULE book and then think about writing back.

Everyone except spurs fans can't stand this guy.
And maybe all of those coaches who voted for him.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 06:00 PM
You guys are just jealous that we have an owner that's also a die hard fan. Who even owns the Spurs??? Santa Anna??

You're right. I totally wish we had an owner with zero class that constantly embarrassed the franchise by shooting his mouth off.

Sigh. Maybe someday.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:02 PM
You're right. I totally wish we had an owner with zero class that constantly embarrassed the franchise by shooting his mouth off.

Sigh. Maybe someday.

He's actaully the biggest reason for our franchise turn-around. We love the guy and what he's done. Just go get your NFL Sunday ticket and get ready for the DALLAS Cowboys upcoming season.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:04 PM
He's actaully the biggest reason for our franchise turn-around. We love the guy and what he's done. Just go get your NFL Sunday ticket and get ready for the DALLAS Cowboys upcoming season.
What has he done other than put playstations in the lockers, sign Dennis Rodman, and let face-painters in free?

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
No comment. Your too ignorant to even talk too. YOu guys wish that you had somenone that cool on your side. The spurs are boring, and you have fair weather fans. Mark Cuban has turned our team into the biggest threat to your team....and you're scared...I know it. Your right, your view is obstructed. Good luck tonight...

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
No comment. Your too ignorant to even talk too. YOu guys wish that you had somenone that cool on your side. The spurs are boring, and you have fair weather fans. Mark Cuban has turned our team into the biggest threat to your team....and you're scared...I know it. Your right, your view is obstructed. Good luck tonight...
No, come on, little bitch. You said that Mark Cuban is the biggest reason for the franchise turn-around. Time for you to post up a fact to prove it. As with most Mavs fans, I know a thousand times more about your team than you do. The reason I'm worried about losing this series has everything to do with what the Spurs aren't doing rather than what the Mavericks are doing. You are a weak little fan of a weak little team with a weak little owner.

ducks
05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
last home game for dallas this year

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 06:15 PM
He's actaully the biggest reason for our franchise turn-around. We love the guy and what he's done.

He's done a great job of building a fan base for what was previously one of the worst franchises in the NBA. Props, but the Spurs already have a massive fanbase, especially for the size of the market. We're hardly jealous.

He did a great job turning a lousy team into a potential contender. But the Spurs are the defending champions. Why the hell would we be jealous there?

So bottom line: we have everything you guys do and more, and we don't have a loose cannon owner making stupid-ass statements, so bonus for us. Like hell we wish we had someone like him.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
He's done a great job of building a fan base for what was previously one of the worst franchises in the NBA. Props, but the Spurs already have a massive fanbase, especially for the size of the market. We're hardly jealous.

He did a great job turning a lousy team into a potential contender. But the Spurs are the defending champions. Why the hell would we be jealous there?

So bottom line: we have everything you guys do and more, and we don't have a loose cannon owner making stupid-ass statements, so bonus for us. Like hell we wish we had someone like him.
Mark Cuban didn't do anything to turn a lousy team into a contender. He cost them a trip to the playoffs in his first month owning the team. All the building blocks for the current Mavericks team were in place before he bought them.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:25 PM
No, come on, little bitch. You said that Mark Cuban is the biggest reason for the franchise turn-around. Time for you to post up a fact to prove it. As with most Mavs fans, I know a thousand times more about your team than you do. The reason I'm worried about losing this series has everything to do with what the Spurs aren't doing rather than what the Mavericks are doing. You are a weak little fan of a weak little team with a weak little owner.

Little bitch?? Of course.....being a Spurs fan, that's what you're going to be worried about...like I said, your view is obstructed...but you'll see tonight that you have no answer for us. You have not had an answer all series. You guys play so hard and come uo short except for two games. Both of those we could have won. As for Cuban..I'm actually surprised that you think that you know so much about what he's done for the mavs...considering that you're down in San Antonio. He turned us in to a small market-crap arena team...into to the powerhouse we are becoming. Made some key moves in getting Nash, Finley, and Dirk in the past that made us better. We've made some crucial draft decisions and some awesome trades. Do you think that the owner has nothing to do with that...BITCH!!!! F#$@ the Spurs!!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Little bitch?? Of course.....being a Spurs fan, that's what you're going to be worried about...like I said, your view is obstructed...but you'll see tonight that you have no answer for us. You have not had an answer all series. You guys play so hard and come uo short except for two games. Both of those we could have won. As for Cuban..I'm actually surprised that you think that you know so much about what he's done for the mavs...considering that you're down in San Antonio. He turned us in to a small market-crap arena team...into to the powerhouse we are becoming. Made some key moves in getting Nash, Finley, and Dirk in the past that made us better. We've made some crucial draft decisions and some awesome trades. Do you think that the owner has nothing to do with that...BITCH!!!! F#$@ the Spurs!!
What makes you think I live in San Antonio? I have only two things to say:

1. Nash, Finley and Dirk were all on the team before Cuban bought it.

2. I fucking own you.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Mark Cuban didn't do anything to turn a lousy team into a contender. He cost them a trip to the playoffs in his first month owning the team. All the building blocks for the current Mavericks team were in place before he bought them.

The money he put into the team for things like a really nice practice facility and a new arena helped a lot. It gave players confidence that the owner actually cared, and it made them a desireable free agent destination.

Having said that, I still sure as hell don't like Cuban, and I'm not that enthused about sticking up for him.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:31 PM
I knew you were going to say that. I know we already had them dude and did I write "Cuban got Nash, FInley, and Dirk"..no I didn't. But with Dallas history, we would usually get rid of good players to watch them blossom with some other team. I'm from Dallas and I fucking know whats going on with my team. And if your not from San Antonio, you're probably from some other crap town close. And if your from Dallas...then your fucking crazy.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:32 PM
The money he put into the team for things like a really nice practice facility and a new arena helped a lot. It gave players confidence that the owner actually cared, and it made them a desireable free agent destination.

Having said that, I still sure as hell don't like Cuban, and I'm not that enthused about sticking up for him.

Thank you for the help. This guy......

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:33 PM

Sorry, he didn't pay for the arena. Hotel and rental car taxes did. Again, it was all done before he bought the team. Since the practice facility is underneath the arena, again, Cuban didn't have anything to do with it other than buying the pool tables.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry, he didn't pay for the arena. Hotel and rental car taxes did. Again, it was all done before he bought the team. Since the practice facility is underneath the arena, again, Cuban didn't have anything to do with it other than buying the pool tables.

Really? OK, then I'm just wrong. My apologies.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:39 PM
I knew you were going to say that. I know we already had them dude and did I write "Cuban got Nash, FInley, and Dirk"..no I didn't.
I quote from the horse's mouth:

Made some key moves in getting Nash, Finley, and Dirk in the past that made us better.
Getting those guys in the past is right, because he'd have needed a time machine to fucking do it.

But with Dallas history, we would usually get rid of good players to watch them blossom with some other team.
You mean like letting Nash go, only to watch him win back to back MVP awards, or letting Finley go, only to pay him ten million dollars for him to play for the division winner? Yeah, Cuban completey changed that. :lol

I'm from Dallas and I fucking know whats going on with my team. And if your not from San Antonio, you're probably from some other crap town close. And if your from Dallas...then your fucking crazy.You couldn't know less about your team. The only reason this isn't bigger is because there isn't a bigger font available:

I fucking OWN YOU!!!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Really? OK, then I'm just wrong. My apologies.No worries. It's a common misconception. What's shocking is that the Mavericks fans, even ones living up here, don't seem to know that. The reason, of course, is they didn't start following the team until they were winning. I was at Reunion twice a year with my five-oh jersey on, having fun with the seven Mavs fans that attended the games.

Tony-Go MAVS
05-19-2006, 06:42 PM
No worries. It's a common misconception. What's shocking is that the Mavericks fans, even ones living up here, don't seem to know that. The reason, of course, is they didn't start following the team until they were winning. I was at Reunion twice a year with my five-oh jersey on, having fun with the seven Mavs fans that attended the games.

Same goes for SA. If the spurs were not winning.. They would be moved to Oklahoma City or something. Then all you would have are the Rampage and the Missions. Just a thought.

strangeweather
05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Same goes for SA. If the spurs were not winning.. They would be moved to Oklahoma City or something. Then all you would have are the Rampage and the Missions. Just a thought.

Oh, please. Spurs fans have been going strong since before the Mavs were even a franchise.

EVAY
05-19-2006, 07:01 PM
play fair?? Yeah right. One name. Bruce Bowen. Everyone except spurs fans can't stand this guy.

So that's why the coaches of the league voted him #1 on the defensive team of the year, right? He got more votes than other player for the defensive team, and that includes the coaches like George Karl and Lawrence Franks and AVERY JOHNSON. You can't seriously believe that when coaches complain during playoffs that they really think a guy is dirty...they do it hoping to get some foul calls on the best perimeter defender in the league to try to help their own guys out.